• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

kudoboi

Are you implying that fast download speeds are more common than slow speeds? The game is 45 gigs, and my "world's fastest" Swedish internet is struggling.

i was able to download it in 1 hour in Singapore on a 100MBPS internet connection. I am pretty sure it wouldn't take a month to download.

Or what he could do is just buy PC retail

Trejik

i was able to download it in 1 hour in Singapore on a 100MBPS internet connection. I am pretty sure it wouldn't take a month to download.

Or what he could do is just buy PC retail

Might not take 1 Hour, but my connection in Spain usually goes to about 10 Mbs when downloading stuff from Steam, so not really more than two, maybe three hours at the most.

My question is more towards if there's any info saying that the PC version is very obviously superior or something. I'm now realizing buying a PS4 and a high budget gaming PC at the same time has left my PS4 in the corner all alone. If PC isn't vastly superior I might just go and get it on console.

Thanks very much folks.... I've had to go and buy this now. After buying lego movie last week for my wee girl, wolfenstein today and mario kart to come next Friday I'm pretty much a dead man when I get home now. Hey Ho.

seph1roth

this is my first key bought on G2A, anyone pre-ordered the game on this site with the key or i'm the only one waiting here like spiderman behind his desk?

BTW, it's true the day 1 patch fix AI problems?

PBY

Banned
how long does this take to download?

am i better off getting the disc version in 90 minutes? or should i be playing in 90 minutes if i get it from psn?

zorbsie

Anybody know how to throw a knife on the xbone version? I accidently skipped past where it showed how and I feel really stupid now lol.
Click the right stick. If you have an extra knife, he will throw it.

How the hell do I change weapons? On X1, All i can figure out is quick swap.
Hold down RB and a radial menu will appear. I had the same issue. Quick swap is Y, but to get the menu is hold RB, strange.

Also, you can get to tutorial info by pressing "select". So if you missed anything, it will all be there.

S¡mon

Banned
So, it's here. I'm excited to play it this evening. :)

ayJncFh.png

PIRL0

Neo Member
xbox one version owners.. did the game somehow effect the console ? my console started to take twice the time to boot up and sometimes it freezes when the game is in the blu ray drive and it sometimes doesn't read the disc the disc is inside the console but in the dashboard it still says insert disc.. is my console bidding farewell to me or is the game causing this ? i am a bit suspicious because the update is 7.3 gb.. maybe it caused some of these issue that never happened before to my console...

O.M.G dis game. If you grind it out the first Chapter is so-so, after that it's the best FPS classic shooter you've ever played. Story, characters, acting..is something you'll remember for years to come.

Riky

$MSFT
xbox one version owners.. did the game somehow effect the console ? my console started to take twice the time to boot up and sometimes it freezes when the game is in the blu ray drive and it sometimes doesn't read the disc the disc is inside the console but in the dashboard it still says insert disc.. is my console bidding farewell to me or is the game causing this ? i am a bit suspicious because the update is 7.3 gb.. maybe it caused some of these issue that never happened before to my console...

No problems here, just played for a while. Game looks really nice and is smooth as butter on Xbox One.

ElRenoRaven

Glad to see the game has gotten good reviews. Watched IGN's review this morning and I'm downloading now on Xbone. IGN's complaints were stupid. Oh oh it's not the latest COD clone. I had to actually pick up ammo and weapons instead of just running over them. God forbid a game do something old school like make you find health, ammo, weapons, etc and actually have to pick them up.

Needless to say I can't wait to play it. Now if they can get Nerve to come back and do Multiplayer for the next one based off their work in RTCW. lol

seph1roth

G2A for gods sake! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Ok, i'm going to play dark souls 2 while i'm waiting the key

BTW, i asked this before but...it's true that the issues with the AI are fixed with day 1 patch?

JMizzlin

Wasn't that hyped until I had a lot of customers come in buying it after seeing reviews. Decided to pick it up. Very much enjoying it on uber difficulty with my buds, a little easy though.

pixlexic

Banned
Don't know if I should pick this up on PC (New gaming PC, i7, GTX 770 etc. so I'm guessing I'll run it maxed) or on PS4. My PS4 is gathering a bit of dust. Same problem with Transistor. Any recommendations?

You won't run it on max but you will run it at much higher settings than the consoles.

Randam

Does the pc version have that 6gb(?) patch too?

Are there any other downloads necessary?
I bought the pc retail version, which came with 4 DVDs.

Just got my PS4 copy through the door, 5.2GB update.

Getting fed up of ship and patch it later mentality they have now, I've only got 350KB/s download this is gonna take 4 - 5 hours.

Majanew

Banned
The audio mix is low. Had to crank my receiver 10db higher than normal just to get the audio to where it usually is; and the guns still sound low. The surrounds are decent when I crank my reciever, but the guns don't sound like I was hoping. Was expecting them to sound violent and have some LFE.

Drewfonse

Xbox One owners: have any of you installed the game entirely while having your system "sleeping" in low power mode? How long did your initial install take?

Thanks, really looking forward to getting this today!

Andrew.

Banned
Glad everyone seems to be enjoying it. Curious to see how it's gonna sound through the Golds despite the audio mixing issues people have been complaining about. Will be picking up today!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay I updated my drivers and got it to launch and played a while. As expected, my Phenom II X4 and R9 270X aren't the best at playing a brand spanking new game. Here is what is working for me:

The biggest thing for performance was to set Max PPF to 16. Screen space reflections doesn't seem to change performance much, and I can't even see what it changes anyway. The unfortunate thing is how weird the performance difference is when changing "Additional Quality Settings" since it is perfectly playable at Ultra, and looks way better, but it's just an inconsistent framerate that drives me bonkers. For a much closer to solid 60 (still wavers to 55) I have to set it to Medium, which looks significantly worse. I'm not sure the tradeoff is worth it.

Hopefully AMD will release one of those "increases performance in this specific game by 40%" driver updates. It doesn't look much better than Rage, which runs like a dream, so I think it is likely we will see such an update.

x-Lundz-x

Just got my PS4 copy through the door, 5.2GB update.

Getting fed up of ship and patch it later mentality they have now, I've only got 350KB/s download this is gonna take 4 - 5 hours.

Yeah, the only thing that kinda sucks about this new gen is stuff like this. They said the game will still run without the patch but patches this size make me think they found something game breaking after the CD was cut so it's probably best to wait until you have it.

Dr Dogg

Well popping home for lunch today was indeed fruitful. Huzzah!

Physical extras aren't up to much. The guide book is decent paper stock and saddle stitched and has a few humorous tidbits but probably won't get a second look in, there's 3 postcards lampooning The Beatles Abbey Road cover and 2 others (can't be bothered to open them up sorry) and a hideous shiny, plasticy card holder that no one in their right mind would use.

Still can't grumble at the same price as the standard ed and at a smidge over £17 can't complain about the price either.

Now just have to wait 2 bloody days to download it :(

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I got a free steel case with my normal copy today, nice little bonus as I was not expecting anything.

Top Bottom