• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein The New Order PS4 - 8 mins. gameplay.

Zarovitch

Habitually an FPS with no online don't interest me, but this one seem more arcade and fun than many other FPS release in the last years.

edit: Is it for PC too?

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Its b-roll footage that appeared in countless previews this week.

If this thread survives, lets just fill it with few info:

E3 trailer for a start, describes main setting of the game

-THIS GAME IS 60 FPS on all systems [oldgen/nextgen, PS4 confirmed 1080p]
-Only SP, 15h+ campaign
-Made by Riddick/Darkness 1 devs, large focus on characters/story
-Continuation of the storyline from first Wolfenstein3D
-Hard-hitting sober storyline + crazy 90s gameplay
-Tech tree unlocks with the use of in-game challenges, viable stealth, non-regenerative health
-BJ can dual-wield snipers
-Gibs. Like "brains being thrown out from skulls" gibs.
-Nazi's have landed on the Moon
-Fuck the Moon

:D

Can anyone confirm where this information was found?

antitrop

Can anyone confirm where this information was found?
http://gamerhorizon.com/wolfenstein...ens-matthies-creative-director-machine-games/

This is running at 60 frames per second?

Mmmhmm.

So this is being developed for the current gen and next gen.

Correct.

Is 60 frames per second the target for current gen as well?

It’s hardwired for 60fps so we can’t really do anything else (laughs)

Interview was from May of last year, so by "current gen", he meant 360/PS3. There's no way in fucking hell it will be 1080p, though. That's obviously ridiculous.

Sylvatica

Because the animation and shooting mechanics look fucking Godlike.

wolfenstein_the_new_order_big_by_digi_matrix-d77fzoq.gif

They really do! Thats what makes me looking foward to it.

JayEH

I'm somewhat interested in this game. And haha I'm glad Carmack made it so id Tech 5 can't do anything besides 60fps.

DieH@rd

Banned
Been looking, I haven't seen anything about the campaign length or resolution?

Campaign length was described as 15-20h by devs in interviews. I dont have time to look for it now. Even if they are extending that for promotion purposes, it will be 12h+ game anyways. :D

1080p60 on PS4 was confirmed by PSBlog moderator here [check the comments section]
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/24/wolfenstein-the-new-order-ps4-hands-on-old-school/

plus gamersyde showed us how the game looks
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_wolfenstein_gameplay-14652_en.html

Respawn

Banned
DieHard seem to have updated his earlier post. So as of now 1080p 60fps confirmed on PS4 but not sure the res on the other platforms?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Of all the games not to include multiplayer, why did it have to be this one.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein on Xbox was one of my favorite multiplayer shooters ever.

I'm hoping the Doom 4 beta is MP rather than SP. Some good, old-fashioned deathmatch would be fantastic.

Sojgat

This game has looked great since it was first shown.

The stabbing animations are hilarious. So brutal, yet so stupid.

i bet ps4 will be 1080p with "60 fps" dipping up and down all the time. if its dipping please lock at 30 please

if it dips it will be a broken game since they said the gamespeed is tied to the framerate , so if it drops to 40 fps the game will run at 2/3rd speed for the duration of the drop

Xater

i bet ps4 will be 1080p with "60 fps" dipping up and down all the time. if its dipping please lock at 30 please

That's not how this engine works, so no.

If for some reason the PS4 should not be able to handle it (which is doubtful) there would be dynamic resolution changes like on last gen.

Violater

Its b-roll footage that appeared in countless previews this week.

If this thread survives, lets just fill it with few info:

E3 trailer for a start, describes main setting of the game

-THIS GAME IS 60 FPS on all systems [oldgen/nextgen, PS4 confirmed 1080p60]
-Only SP, 15h+ campaign
-Made by Riddick/Darkness 1 devs, large focus on characters/story
-Continuation of the storyline from first Wolfenstein3D
-Hard-hitting sober storyline + crazy 90s gameplay
-Tech tree unlocks with the use of in-game challenges, viable stealth, non-regenerative health
-BJ can dual-wield snipers
-Gibs. Like "brains being thrown out from skulls" gibs.
-Nazi's have landed on the Moon
-Fuck the Moon

:D

Do we already have an OT? if not FUCK THE MOON get's my vote

I can see them doing a Next-Gen "Enemy Territory" multiplayer version of this after the SP release...

And I can see it being free 2 play with DLC/MicroTrans.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah, forgot that came with it. I bet we won't see that for a long while though.

Yeah, I'm curious just how far along it is considering Kotaku's report last April. Depending on where the gameplay systems are at, it may be possible for Bethesda to slap together an MP beta with just, say, 3 maps by/around the time Wolf14 releases in May.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I haven't played Rage or any games relying heavily on dynamic resolution, but is the change usually dynamic/fast enough to prevent the smallest of dips to retain a framerate as solid as possible or is there a perceptible lag in resolution change that ends up avoiding major dips at best?

Xater

I haven't played Rage or any games relying heavily on dynamic resolution, but is the change usually dynamic/fast enough to prevent the smallest of dips to retain a framerate as solid as possible or is there a perceptible lag in resolution change that ends up avoiding major dips at best?

Played Rage on PS3 and that seemed to me like solid 60. The resolution dips sometimes were really bad though, so the image quality suffers quite a lot.

Top Bottom