• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine age rating poll

What EU pegi rating will Wolverine be?

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • 16 - T

Votes: 74 29.5%
  • 18 - M

Votes: 159 63.3%

• Total voters

mortal

Gold Member
Fun? A character that is kind of loved by kids and adults from a comic book who will want to play a game with him made by a company that can pull off a fun game?
Fun is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the character of Wolverine? Really?

A game being fun/enjoyable to play is a prerequisite, so that is a moot point even make lol

skit_data

Well you certainly wont be getting this vvvv but Marvel’s What if series been pretty damn dark.
I don’t think so either, but I wish Sony would look more at Logan and its aesthetic rather than their own X-Men movies.

I still think it will be a good game though. It will be interesting to see Insomniac tackle a more intimidating hero/borderline anti-hero.

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Has to be rated M. You can't have Wolverine with his claws fight fight robots for 15 hours. Thankfully, its seems Insomniac know this and is going the bloody route.

Kokoloko85

M fro sure.
Make it more like the darker, gritty wolverine spin offs in the late 80’s and 90’s

AVb4E1Z.jpg
s6b4MNq.jpg
2tXnpVn.jpg

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
The comics are rated 15+, right? So it's right in the middle of T and M. I think they can make either one work if they wanted to, but M would be more fitting to the comics since the transition from 2D to 3D alone will make everything seem more intense.

The Deadpool comics were also 15+ I believe, and the game was rated M. But that one obviously couldn't work as a T since body dismemberment is literally an integral part of the character.

Last edited:

rubenburgt

The Publisher/developers probably wants it to be [12].

If this was america, had no sexual themes and a lot of violence then would it be [T].

Europe is a bit more strict so it will most likely be [M].

Vae_Victis

Banned
M does not automatically mean that it's super brutal. I mean GOW has more Lava/sparks than blood and is rated M.
PEGI 18 usually is for abundant visible blood and violent kills. PEGI 16 is for realistic violence but no blood fountains and/or gruesome/visceral killings. PEGI 12 is cartoon violence.

There is no way this will be 12, but it could easily be 16.

All the Uncharted games are rated 16, because even though there is a lot of killing during gunfights, it's presented in a somewhat detatched/"clean" way. You shoot someone and they fall down dead with a bit of blood, when there are explosions people just fly away, and all melee combat is punches/blunt objects. From the PEGI's website about the Nathan Drake Collection:
Violence consists of hand-to-hand fighting and use of guns. The violence is bloody and there is some sight of injuries, although without any gore. There is also occasional use of strong language ('fuck').

On the contrary, all the new Tomb Raider games are 18, because you stab people's skulls with a pickaxe, and Lara gets gruesomely wounded and bleeds profusely in several occasions. The PEGI's website about Tomb Raider 2013:
Violence is always realistic with blood and true to life reactions and injuries. The strongest violence is where Lara falls from a zip wire onto some spikes; one of which goes through her torso and the other goes through the bottom of her jaw and through her head. Also throughout the game there is occasional use of the word 'Fuck'.

Last edited:
PEGI 18 usually is for abundant visible blood and violent kills. PEGI 16 is for realistic violence but no blood fountains and/or gruesome/visceral killings. PEGI 12 is cartoon violence.

There is no way this will be 12, but it could easily be 16.

All the Uncharted games are rated 16, because even though there is a lot of killing during gunfights, it's presented in a somewhat detatched/"clean" way. You shoot someone and they fall down dead with a bit of blood, when there are explosions people just fly away, and all melee combat is punches/blunt objects.

On the contrary, all the new Tomb Raider games are 18, because you stab people's skulls with a pickaxe, and Lara gets gruesomely wounded and bleeds profusely in several occasions.
I know, but i think the new GOWs are pretty harmless compared to other M games. I would like Wolverine at least to be like Ninja Gaiden 2 when it comes to blood and gore.

Arun1910

Just needs to be T. Doesn't have to be crazy over the top.

Still want lots of nice gory animations but it doesn't need crazy shit to be successful. Make it believable without going ott.

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean it showed blood on wolverines knuckles/hands? We see the claws coming through the skin?

I think Insomniac can do blood, in terms of disembowelments like in 2009 wolverine not to sure. But Wolverine needs to chop some limbs off that has to happen. If they are going to do justice to the character. Need to establish this is not for Kids I 100% agree with that.

Wolverine has always been a darker character similar to Punisher.

Disney game.

Let's get our expectations straight.

This is Sony? Who have made God of war which has been a M rated series most of its life. Also this is same sony making a R rated Mobius movie, Venom though not R was super violent and dark. SO no I dont agree with that one bit. Look at how violent Last of us part 2 is?

Insomniac I think might go outside the hero goody 2 shoes format.

This could be the start of them making more mature games like how Naughty dog transitioned into making more mature games.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

It won’t be more that a 12 as it would harm sales.
It would do their sales more harm to give it such a low age rating. People know and expect Wolverine to be a violent character, so expect a Wolverine game to have a high rating to cater for the violence. I imagine all the hardcore Wolverine fans would be cheesed off. It’s like giving Deadpool a PG.

00_Zer0

I want an M rated Logan/Wolverine game, but I doubt Disney allows M/R rated Marvel properties, at least not yet.

We will see how they treat the return of Dead Pool and Daredevil to the big screen or small screen, but hopefully they don't screw those beloved series up.

Most likely Disney has veto/controlling power on what video game makers are allowed to do with their properies, and will likely stop any M rated Wolverine/Logan game from happening.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I have to add, Killer Instinct on XB1 is rated T. Characters in that game are basically blood fountains, and the moves involve impaling and violence shit like that.

I think they can make Wolverine T-rated and still get away with some violence. M is optimal, but T won't be the end of the world.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
It would do their sales more harm to give it such a low age rating. People know and expect Wolverine to be a violent character, so expect a Wolverine game to have a high rating to cater for the violence. I imagine all the hardcore Wolverine fans would be cheesed off. It’s like giving Deadpool a PG.
We had PG rated films for him though, yeah Logan was awesome but I think this will all be about sales with the age rating. I ain’t saying it’s right to do though

Umbasaborne

Banned
It should be m, but im concerned that disney is gonna disney and will not allow that to happen, just like they wouldnt allow human dismemberment in jedi fallen order. Wolverine should feature gore and over the top violence. If disney and feige wont allow this than they dont understand the character

Mowcno

I'm about 70% sure it will be Pegi 16, which I'm fine with. I don't need lots of blood and gore, sex and swearing in my games to enjoy them. 18+ is still very possible though.

K2D

Banned
He only ever needs to be T16 for the The Xmen movies or 12 for the cartoons.

Logan movie - so satisfying.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
So with Insomniac getting another Marvel IP, when is Druckmann getting his Punisher game? I guarantee that will be PEGI 18

Elysion

Banned
I think it’s gonna be M. I just hope they don’t put him in a silly costume, especially not the yellow one from the comics. Looks goofy as hell.

Rac3r

Maybe depend on how old is wolverine...a teen young adult like spiderman or old as kratos
In the reveal trailer it shows Wolverine sitting at a bar drinking. You cant see his face, but based on his outfit and stature he seems at least 30, more likely middle aged. I think the game will definitely be M as Insomniac already has Ratchet (E) and Spiderman (T). Sony probably wants them to do something more mature to mix it up. The last Wolverine film Logan was also rated R, despite the first two being PG-13, so Disney shouldn't have a problem with it.

Never heard about Wolverine before so I did not know him.
Did a basic research and no way this game would be for adults, lol.
My vote is 12.

Top Bottom