• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman dragged off Delta flight from Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2016/12/13/detroit-delta-flight-san-diego/95366536/
A YouTube video posted Monday shows police dragging an apparently limp woman off an airplane while passengers watch, and the blogger who posted it says it was Delta flight 2083 from Detroit to San Diego.

According to a statement from Detroit Metro Airport, a woman who refused to leave a Delta Air Lines flight at 8 a.m. Monday was pulled from the airplane and arrested.

She was removed after the airline had requested airport police help with the woman, "who would not comply with boarding and baggage check procedures at a McNamara Terminal gate," according to the statement. Charges are pending, according to the airport.

The video posted on Youtube shows a woman being dragged off the plane by her wrists and legs.

Delta spokesman Trebor Banstetter released the following statement this morning:

"Delta flight 2083 DTW to SAN incurred a slight departure delay due to a passenger not complying with boarding and baggage check procedures. The passenger was removed by local law enforcement and the flight was able to continue without further incident."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InlJXXsjhs0

Just what did she hope to accomplish besides completely embarrassing herself?

If she wasn't complying with boarding and baggage check, then how did she even make it onto the plane in the first place?

Possible she was asked to check her bag once onboard. With airlines charging for bags now, I see that quite often because the overhead bin storage ran out.

Tain

Can phone manufacturers seriously please stop allowing people to record video vertically? Jesus Christ. It pisses me off to no end

Given the ubiquity of smartphones and how many people both view and record videos on them, you should probably get used to it.

Squalor

Given the ubiquity of smartphones and how many people both view and record videos on them, you should probably get used to it.
I'd say people should learn how to use them properly, but I have stopped expecting people to not be stupid.

Possible she was asked to check her bag once onboard. With airlines charging for bags now, I see that quite often because the overhead bin storage ran out.
Yup, probably. Which, to be honest, is no big deal. They don't charge you for it, and they get the bag right back to you as you get off the plane...

Can phone manufacturers seriously please stop allowing people to record video vertically? Jesus Christ. It pisses me off to no end

Horizontal filming would have been less appropriate for capturing a woman being dragged down an airplane aisle. The vertical aspect emphasizes the vertical action.

Considering the number of people who will view this on a smartphone, it's fine.

GulAtiCa

Yup, probably. Which, to be honest, is no big deal. They don't charge you for it, and they get the bag right back to you as you get off the plane...

If it's just this and this alone, yep. Last flight was able to have 2 of my bags checked in for free because of this for my fiancee & me. Made the flight so much easier then having to try to find room for the bags myself..

Vertical Video Syndrome

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Highlights:
dude eating crackerjacks
first class Belly reveal as cop exhausts himself
Embarrassed friend carrying her shit out

Horizontal filming would have been less appropriate for capturing a woman being dragged down an airplane aisle. The vertical aspect emphasizes the vertical action.

Considering the number of people who will view this on a smartphone, it's fine.

perfect answer lol

people complain about the vertical footage but it's just simply far easier and more convenient to take any footage holding it with one hand

Struct09

I watched American Airlines kick a guy off one of my flights because he refused to let them check his bag he intended to carry on, however he didn't put up much of a fight other than yelling at the airline employees at the gate.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
don't they just put a label on it and get it carried off to be with the other checked bags without charging a fee in those scenarios?.

Correct. However it sucks when it happens because jackasses fill up the bins with like five items and handbags and you were forced to board last and all your medicine and headphones and shit are in the kidnapped bag.

n64coder

I know people might hate Spirit Airlines but I sort of like their policy of charging per bag. When I was on my flight, I had plenty of overhead room for my bag since I paid for it. One time I was on a flight with JetBlue and wanted to use the overhead compartments but they were full. I had to put the bag underneath the seat in front of me which meant less room for my feet.

Lots of people like using overhead bins to avoid the baggage carousel. But they'll continue to get full if there's no incentive for people to check their bags in.

mcz117chief

have you guys seen the comments? It is pretty much just news stations and papers asking if they can use the footage. I have honestly never seen that. Is that common or are those just trolls?

megalowho

From what I can tell she decides to just go limp and make them physically drag her off the plane like a child throwing a tantrum instead of comply with the checked baggage request, after it already came up at the gate? I've seen my share of airplane passengers making a scene and embarrassing themselves but that would take the cake.

have you guys seen the comments? It is pretty much just news stations and papers asking if they can use the footage. I have honestly never seen that. Is that common or are those just trolls?

That's incredibly common these days. News stations want to report on popular social media ongoings, but they need the user's permission to use their video/picture.

Reeks

From what I can tell she decides to just go limp and make them physically drag her off the plane like a child throwing a tantrum instead of comply with the checked baggage request, after it already came up at the gate? I've seen my share of airplane passengers making a scene and embarrassing themselves but that would take the cake.

Is that what happened? I'm confused as to why she is limp...

TaterTots

Banned
Oh.....I watched the video before I read the article. I was worried she was dead and they were just casually dragging her off the plane. I didn't know she was acting like a child.

see5harp

That shit is comedy when dude is dragging her heavy ass torso and breathing hard, looks up and says calmly, "we're gonna need a car."

Reeks

Going limp makes you much harder to lift of drag if you want to give someone a hard time

I get that. I just didn't see anywhere that explicitly said that's what was going on. Seemed like an assumption nut maybe I missed it.

Tigress

I know people might hate Spirit Airlines but I sort of like their policy of charging per bag. When I was on my flight, I had plenty of overhead room for my bag since I paid for it. One time I was on a flight with JetBlue and wanted to use the overhead compartments but they were full. I had to put the bag underneath the seat in front of me which meant less room for my feet.

Lots of people like using overhead bins to avoid the baggage carousel. But they'll continue to get full if there's no incentive for people to check their bags in.

Uh seeing as most airlines charge to check your bag in maybe you should place your ire there instead of encouraging more fees on top of the ticket. I would bet spirit also charges for checking in a bag as well.

I watched American Airlines kick a guy off one of my flights because he refused to let them check his bag he intended to carry on, however he didn't put up much of a fight other than yelling at the airline employees at the gate.
I had an expensive camera and multiple lenses in the bag!

norm9

What a baby.

This is why you should bring on board ONLY whatever will fit underneath the seat in front of you. I don't even bother with the overhead as I know there is never any space by the time I'm done with my drink at the airport bar and saunter in without waiting in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom