• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women are in EA soccer and are complaining about how they look.

cormack12

Gold Member
hXkHHwJ.jpg

Toots

Gold Member
You have to take these values as relatives.
Kerr is a female 83, whereas Zlatan is a male 72 which is equal to a female 72¹⁰

Jokes aside, it would be wild if they really made female players better than males. Every dude playing online would be forced to play female teams to win. That would be such a troll i'll have to tip my hat to those EA exec for their fiendish ways.

To be fair, most of the faces in the game are horrible, women or men. It’s amazing that in the year 2023 where great faces have been done in many a games now, EA can f*ck up so badly with this.

I really hope people will stop buying games which are obviously there to make as much predatory money without putting the effort in it to create something great. But alas, I guess humanity will gobble this shit up as always.

To everyone, it’s not asking too much just to demand quality for a product you are the consumer for, or else just don’t buy it!

Sleepwalker

You have to take these values as relatives.
Kerr is a female 83, whereas Zlatan is a male 72 which is equal to a female 72¹⁰

Jokes aside, it would be wild if they really made female players better than males. Every dude playing online would be forced to play female teams to win. That would be such a troll i'll have to tip my hat to those EA exec for their fiendish ways.
They are confirmed to be rated equally (and in some cases higher) than men. Sam Kerr has some stats that are better than Mbappé.

EA's sports games have character models that are far from photorealistic in my opinion. They look stylised to me with that infamous dead eye look that means I'd never ever mistake a replay from any of their games for being the real thing. Yes, they've improved things like hair rendering for some of the more famous players but the basic modelling hasn't really improved that much in the last 5-6 years in my opinion.

Toots

Gold Member
They are confirmed to be rated equally (and in some cases higher) than men. Sam Kerr has some stats that are better than Mbappé.
It only count if you can do mixed matches.
If you can do women vs men match online, then i tip my hat to EA execs for their magnificent troll.
If not, who cares that a number next to a female is higher than the one next to the male ?

Sleepwalker

It only count if you can do mixed matches.
If you can do women vs men match online, then i tip my hat to EA execs for their magnificent troll.
If not, who cares that a number next to a female is higher than the one next to the male ?
You can do mixed matches online in the new upcoming one and the rating pool is shared. (It used to be separate)

Last edited:

Dunnas

Be more respectful please.
They aren't models they are sportswomen.
They have athletes bodies (and face :/) because of their work, at which they are gosh darned good, bucko !
Is this a serious post? It is too hard to tell these days?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You can do mixed matches online in the new upcoming one and the rating pool is shared. (It used to be separate)

I dont even play FIFA/EAFC but I am that cat having a good chuckle at all my FIFA/EAFC friends being forced to pick women for their teams to succeed online.

ly6QuWF.jpg

Toots

Gold Member
Is this a serious post? It is too hard to tell these days?
It is just a joke my friend :messenger_grinning_sweat:

As an aside i find it funny that for years the only thing male footballers were complaining about in Fifa was their ratings, when the only thing women complain about is their appearance. Women are the most heteronormative creature on earth despite anything they say.

Last edited:

MCplayer

I'm a videographer and I actually stopped shooting woman, can't stand "their looking perfection ain't right on the footage".

EA FC 24 models do look kinda shit tho

Last edited:

MrStauf

Banned
I dont play FIFA/EAFC but i wouldnt be suprised if this is the lowest selling incarnation in the franchises history.

Fuz

Banned
Changed my mind, maybe a tad too bad taste of a joke.

Anyway.

Is this in-game? Is this what they're complaining about?
7173a72e6639798a470613ccb604443e.jpg

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Her wanting Fifa to deflate her boobs is pretty funny when she looks like this in real life

91043c83e2f05bf7c671cd6759f64eaa76-27-sydney-leroux.2x.h473.w710.jpg

sydney-leroux.jpg

She's got some nice things going for her. And I like that she changed her X thumbnail to the EA ingame model lmao.

yanhash

At least "these people" have a sense of humour, NeoGAF need to chill tf out,and I can't even be mad at EA getting called out

love & hip hop it's not that deep GIF by VH1

Last edited:
Her wanting Fifa to deflate her boobs is pretty funny when she looks like this in real life

91043c83e2f05bf7c671cd6759f64eaa76-27-sydney-leroux.2x.h473.w710.jpg

sydney-leroux.jpg

She's got some nice things going for her. And I like that she changed her X thumbnail to the EA ingame model lmao.
In her tweet she's even referring to a render of herself from FIFA 16, The logo is even in the corner 🤦🏾‍♂️

She probably thinks her son's online FUT games can be paused for dinner too.

I thought the game was going to be mixed with women and men playing with each other on the same teams. Is that wrong?

EA just need to license the Skyrim character creator and let them design their own character models. Problem solved! (LoL)

Last edited:

Smokken

Banned
I think the players are just having a laugh over it.

Not so sure about the author though. From the bottom of the (Kotaku of course) article:
"Considering women’s footy is still frustratingly under-appreciated despite the USWNT being more successful than the USMNT and women’s soccer being more enjoyable to watch overall, it’s frustrating that every time they get a crumb of recognition, it’s undermined by shit like this."

It's like a menu of why soccer fans and soccer game devs are bad, written because of a player's appearance. Isn't it ironic considering the source?
Women's soccer more successful and enjoyable to watch lol. They run slower, weaker shots, smaller physique, bring in WAY less money. Stupid article written by a raging feminist as usual.
How many women play FIFA anyway? That's gotta be a extremely tiny proportion of the players.
Women whining, what a surprise.

Skifi28

I don’t care about woman’s sport except if there are trans people involved, then I care a lot.
I have to admit, it's very funny when they enter women's sports and run off with all the titles and then the women that supported them originally now want to tear them apart publicly. This is how all sports should be.

jywaaUu.gif

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
They should make the single player mode in the new EA Sports FC game be a dating sim.
They should make the next fifa a game where after creating your in game avatar, you choose a house with furnitures and a career from a multitude of jobs for him or her and you watch him live his day to day life. They should call it something like THE (Football) SIM. Only way women would play their game.

Last edited:

Hudo

They should make the next fifa a game where after creating your in game avatar, you choose a house with furnitures and a career from a multitude of jobs for him or her and you watch him live his day to day life. They should call it something like THE (Fottball) SIM. Only way women would play their game.
EA Sports THE Football SIM 2023

MarkMe2525

Petty for sure, but the 2nd and 3rd post could be taken as sarcasm. I would need more context to know for sure and I am not about to invest any time seeking that out.

Edit: didn't realize this was a necro post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom