• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Boy: Dragons Trap Reveal Trailer! ("consoles"/PC)

I'm not saying they are full shit after that era, but they lost lots of potential. I just say they are not awesome.

They contributed in the making of F-Zero GX, so they did things right as well.

GhaleonEB

Sega was in peak form during the Dreamcast/Xbox era. It's when they made some of their best action games (Jet Set Radio, Dynamite Cop), RPG's (Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue), shooters (House of the Dead, Panzer Dragoon Orta), fighting games (Virtua Fighter 3), arcade games, (VOOT), the list goes on and on.

SEGA lost his way long ago, I'd say with the Saturn and Dreamcast.

At least, NOW they are doing the Sonic we've asked for like... 15 years?

Let's hope it's as good as it looks.

What?

Saturn was sega at the absolute peak of their developing powers. Dreamcast games were very good too.

Third party sega was the deathkneel.

Sega was in peak form during the Dreamcast/Xbox era. It's when they made some of their best action games (Jet Set Radio, Dynamite Cop), RPG's (Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue), shooters (House of the Dead, Panzer Dragoon Orta), fighting games (Virtua Fighter 3), arcade games, (VOOT), the list goes on and on.

I disagree, but only from a personal stance because I have no love for any of those games.

The sms to early megadrive was where it was at. Most likely it was just because I was at the age to play them all. After that it felt like they were chasing an audience who simply didn't care anymore (obviously some people love jsr, but meh I was playing FF and GTA)

Probably for the same reason I like monsterland the best by far.

Tizoc

Plus we got Mutha effin' SEGATA SANSHIRO, aka Greatest Man to Have Ever Lived.
fO3HRVE.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb7sN7axblc
He BREATHED SEGA SATURN
He LIVED SEGA SATURN
He EMBRACED SEGA SATURN
He DIED FOR SEGA JAPAN'S SINS!

The trophies for this have come out and they don't have a platinum

Trophies are shit anyways, but I do live that Bling Bling~

Ultimadrago

Polygon's YouTube channel has uploaded 17 min of gameplay of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjJ4kqbnga0

I love it so much!

Thanks! Boy, it looks good.

Does anyone know if it'll be running at 60fps on PC? Also are those checkerboard blocks simply a Test texture or finalized in-game? I've never played the original, so I don't know what the original blocks looked like, but they are a bit of an eyesore in the midst of the general art.

pmj

Thanks! Boy, it looks good.

Does anyone know if it'll be running at 60fps on PC? Also are those checkerboard blocks simply a Test texture or finalized in-game? I've never played the original, so I don't know what the original blocks looked like, but they are a bit of an eyesore in the midst of the general art.

It was just like that in the original. They're made to stand out as those are the blocks that mouse-man can climb on.

Alpha_eX

I love love love the art direction on this, but take that away and you have a very basic game. I wonder, are the floating blocks placeholder, because they clash so hard and make it look like someone's first game in Game Maker.

I'll be picking this up, but on a gameplay level, I don't see what's so hot about this.

EDIT: Should have read a few posts above me.

So if they're made to stand out, that's even weirder, because with this glorious new art direction, I'm sure they could have done a number of things to make walls standout to the player.

Since yesterday it's possible to pre order it on Xbox One, so I did. Am I wrong of did the game have a small discount on PSN for pre-ordering? Anyway, it is worth every penny. My 8 year-old-inner-me is super excited.
(19.99€ on xbox)

Top Bottom