• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Eyes Black

WillyFive

And the break dance part?

tumblr_mlh423Ranx1r22f10o1_400.gif

Air

Banned
I actually like how they portrayed him. Super genius young black kid with cornrows. What's not to like?

Edit: the breakdancing was a little cheesy.

Air

Banned
Where are you guys getting the he's from India thing? The Bindi? I think he shows way more black attributes than Indian.

Aeana

Lol they did that so it wouldn't look worse than it is.

Most of the characters are one stereotype or another. Even the Japanese dude is an over-the-top stereotypical representation. And don't get me started on Wonder Pink.

I don't think any of it is malicious, although it would be nice if devs and other creative types would not fall back to stereotypes so readily.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Most of the characters are one stereotype or another. Even the Japanese dude is an over-the-top stereotypical representation. And don't get me started on Wonder Pink.

I don't think any of it is malicious, although it would be nice if devs and other creative types would not fall back to stereotypes so readily.
I hope no one is taking offense to this. I'm pretty much just commenting in jest. Also, regarding the stereotypes it makes sense. This game seems to have a lot in common with Saturday morning cartoons. Many of the tropes are there.

Effect

The break dancing was the only thing that made me go hmm.. Thought of Zack from Power Rangers right away. However Zack and Jason (Red Ranger) were my favorites along with Tommy (Green) so that isn't a huge negative. All the characters are being played up stereotype wise in various ways. It's clearly on purpose and meant to be over the top. What about Wonder Green and his insanely thick accent and weight? I don't think people should start complaining about Wonder Black to much.

Surprisingly, he is from New Delhi.....still rocking struggle braids though, but I can't hate because his up-rock game is ill.

HE IS!!! AWESOME!!!! As a happy Wii U owner who has Wonderful 101 as his most anticipated game it's a cool bonus that his Indian like me. As if this game couldn't be any better I get a representative, neat.

Top Bottom