• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Flick (Level-5) PS4 TGS Trailer

KoopaTheCasual

Insiders did and Level 5 hinted at it.
If you're talking about Verendus, I don't believe he ever said exclusive game, just that they would provide exclusive content, which could mean anything from DLC to game. I'm also not even 100% sure that level-5 was on that list of devs.

sörine

Banned
If you're talking about Verendus, I don't believe he ever said exclusive game, just that they would provide exclusive content, which could mean anything from DLC to game. I'm also not even 100% sure that level-5 was on that list of devs.
Is he talking about this list? Exclusive games and content for PlayStation platforms?

Eh, not everything drawn by Japanese artist looks "cel shaded" anywaho. It does feel Toriyama Dragon Quest-isn in style, even with this look. Maybe the textured look resonates with their broader audience more, also.

I never said that. I just said it doesn't look good without cel-shading in this case.

ibu9F4mgHOe5uT.gif

Can't unsee Wonder Fuck

GODDAMMIT

Tohsaka

Seems like a lot of Level-5's games don't get localized these days, so I'm not going to bother looking forward to this until I hear something about it leaving Japan.

PureGone

Banned
Seems like a lot of Level-5's games don't get localized these days, so I'm not going to bother looking forward to this until I hear something about it leaving Japan.

Considering how many platforms its coming out on including Xbox One and iOS, i pretty much guarantee that it will get localized.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I never said that. I just said it doesn't look good without cel-shading in this case.

There's a lot of "It's anime style, so it should be cel-shaded!" stuff that goes around, so sorry if I took your personal sentiment more strongly than you intended.

I don't think it looks bad for this, though. As a hybrid phone & Current, and Next Gen game, I think the look works pretty well actually. And I find it fits in with the environments better, than cel-shade characters + normal texture backgrounds.

I do hope to see some more Cel-shade for Level-5, for sure, however. Especially fully Next-Gen games. But I'm prepared to wait a few years for those... it'll be nice to have something from them fairly early on in the new system cycle. Hope it's F2P nature doesn't keep it from being a legitimately fun game.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Finally, I can die happy.
You'd think more people would call this a negative. Long live NeoGAF posts being published as news!

Something about this trailer is just pure anti-hype for me. I think it's just because Level-5 has always let me down recently.

Log4Girlz

Something about this trailer is just pure anti-hype for me. I think it's just because Level-5 has always let me down recently.

Ok, just woke up. Yeah, this doesn't look altogether that great. I mean, I dig the style, though I guess the graphics are suffering because it needs to be playable on a phone?

Hey, a free Level 5 game is great thing to have even if it is f2p. I don't consider myself a big fan of f2p at all but I really want to see them do it "right" with this one.

Top Bottom