• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Flick (Level-5) PS4 TGS Trailer

Hybrid897

Everything but the 3DS iirc.

*Here we go. (PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 / WiiU / Xbox One) and mobile lol.

Hope the mechanics transfer well to a controller; name and general control scheme really looks suited for touch.

Graphically looks great though. Reminds me of DQ. Sorta.

L~A

Ugh, video won't load for me for some reason (happens with some, but not all, YouTube videos) : /

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
it reminds me of DQ and Ninokuni, that's great.
not too interest due to its fp2 or whatever nature..

Looks good, I'm kinda exc-- FREE TO PLAY?

tumblr_mru7ioJvF21r61vzwo1_500.gif

Begaria

I have no idea, Infinite. Free to play isn't inherently bad. It's just another model. It's how far some companies go with it that can be a pain in the ass. If Wonder Flick has some kinda of stamina bar that limits how much you can play and sells game mechanics in the store, then I'm out. If Free to Play for this game just means, "has a cosmetic store", then I'm in. I can safely ignore that without having any impact on the gameplay.

wrowa

sörine;83456169 said:
That doesn't mention an exclusive. Hino also says the game would be revealed soon and he emphasized communication and network features over graphics. It sounds to me like he's probably talking about Wonder Flick.

His quote definitely fits Wonderflick perfectly.

ckohler

Japanese developers need to stop using mo-cap for these kinds of cute/anime characters. It just looks awful and weird.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Square-Enix getting ready to sue.

It looking like a Dragon Quest clone from the banner, to the world and monsters.

It looks fun though :) Hopefully it comes to NOA... oh wait.

Elios83

Looks a bit like a next gen Blue Dragon.
Considering that it is probably conceived as a f2p game for mobiles and then ported to consoles I find it impressive.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Looks alright. Just glad to see some non-AAA next gen Japanese support.

Agreed. US indie scene has expanded, but JP side could really do with offering smaller-sized games on something OTHER than moble/browser platforms. There's a lot of fun, bite-sized games I'd like to play on a console/handheld.

Looks good, I'm kinda exc-- FREE TO PLAY?

tumblr_mru7ioJvF21r61vzwo1_500.gif

Why everyone rolls their eyes at free to play without hearing the monetization models first?

At it's best, a F2P could be a game that I can get away with paying nothing-to-severely reduced prices on, that I still get enjoyment out of. Even if it's micro-transaction based, if I can get a "full game" experience out of it for, say, $10, I'm quite OK with it.

Ugh, the characters look like they're made of plastic. Why isn't this cell shaded when it's so anime looking?

Eh, not everything drawn by Japanese artist looks "cel shaded" anywaho. It does feel Toriyama Dragon Quest-isn in style, even with this look. Maybe the textured look resonates with their broader audience more, also.

Top Bottom