• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap development blog launched, new screenshots and interview

New development blog launched with new details and screenshots!

WonderBoyTheDragonsTrap-07.jpg

Also a new interview was posted here. It's a good read!

The game looks beautiful! Like a children's storybook. Fantastic to see development going well. I'll be keeping an eye on the development blog.

Thoughts on the new screens?

Trumpets

Never played a Wonderboy title and therefore I have no attachment to the series, but this looks really good. Love the art style!

Santar

Is it just me or do the backgrounds in these images look a bit too colorful and eyecatching?

They take the focus away from the player character and kinda makes it a bit hard to judge what is a background and what isn't.

Llyranor

Oh wow, that is a gorgeous-looking game. I never played any Wonder Boy games, but this will definitely be on my radar.

lazygecko

At first I wasn't that sold on the artstyle, probably due to pre-conceived notions of how these types of graphics usually turn out in practice. But in motion it looked a ton better.

I really enjoyed the ones we got in the US on the SMS and Genesis, but definitely liked the more ARPG style over the platformer style. The naming is so damn confusing, but I think it was "in Monster World" on the Genesis that I had the best time with.

lazygecko

I really enjoyed the ones we got in the US on the SMS and Genesis, but definitely liked the more ARPG style over the platformer style. The naming is so damn confusing, but I think it was "in Monster World" on the Genesis that I had the best time with.

Well, they're technically all platformers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I must have finished Wonder Boy in Monster World at least 20 times back during my MegaDrive days. It was never boring even though I knew it like the back of my hand.

Takao

Banned
The developers talked about doing a Vita version in the comments:

Hi! We love our Vita very much and believe it would be a good fit :), but at this point we still working out our console targets. Being a small team we may not be able to bring the game to so many platforms. Stay tuned for more news!

We have to figure out how much overhead it will take us. Or maybe we can work with someone specialized in releasing Vita stuff, etc. Porting the game itself is quite easy and I have Vita experience (I programmed the gameplay/tools for Tearaway Vita). The problem is that even when your game appears to work on a platform there's lot of overhead and details involved into releasing it, testing it, putting it on store. Suddently 1 month of work becomes 4 months, etc. If there is interest on Sony's side maybe we can work with someone to help doing it.

The developers talked about doing a Vita version in the comments:

Interesting! Thanks for posting that - I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. :)

Sounds like they're very interested in a Vita port but are uncertain whether it's feasible in their development plans. A Vita port would be great if they can do it.

Top Bottom