• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Words people still use but shouldn't

Pagusas

Elden Member
Gaffer
Gamer
Moist

All pretty repulsive.

Oh and “edgy”. God am I tired of being in a marketing department and hearing everyone ask me to make edgy videos

Last edited:

Breakage

The use of the word "goals" to show approval (usually with a hashtag):

#relationshipgoals
#hairgoals
#eyebrowgoals
#bodygoals

Cybrwzrd

Banned

that-makes-me-moist.jpg

Melon

Banned
I knew this neckbeard dude that unironically used the word genuflect a lot. I'm sure it made him feel like an intellectual badass that made all the ladies' panties wet, but it was just absolutely cringe-worthy.

Pimpbaa

Definitely "problematic" and "woke". Woke my ass, they are sleeping in their own little safe space fantasy world and lash out at anyone that tried to wake them from that.

Rran

I'll have to second a few things already mentioned here:

-Problematic: This is one of those words that's annoying more for the way it's used rather than the word itself. Usually, I see people use it as a synonym for "bad because it goes against my beliefs" without any further prodding. You can just say something is problematic without having to go into further reasoning and have that be that. It's intellectually lazy.

-Toxic: pretty much for the same reasons as "problematic," which is too bad because I used to actually like the word "toxic" as a colorful alternative to "negative/manipulative." Apparently the rest of society did too and decided to jump on it. It's become another lazy label to affix to anyone you want to smear.

-Cum: This word is just gross to me, I dunno. I think pretty much any other word for semen is better. Plus, it's sullied a perfectly valid and oft-used verb ("come") irreparably. I hate this nauseating word. "Cum" can suck it.

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Utilize: Just say "use," folks. People who try "utilize" are just trying to sound officious.

Orientate: Same deal -- it's just people hoping that adding some extra syllables will make "orient" sound more elaborate than it really is.

J-Roderton

"Bet". Yeah its a cool, hip way of just simply saying "You bet," but most people have no idea what the fuck that means when they see just that word. Stop it. It's cool, but, stop.

Or I'm just too old. Fuck it.

Top Bottom