• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Destruction (DS) website update!

Aeana

It's looking a bit more interesting these days. I really love the choral song on the site, too.
That "Crash" song, on the other hand... not so much.

Cedille

This wonderful boys chorus will be streamed, but the rest will be sequenced. So pretty much the same as that boring Soma Bringer soundtrack (99 percent was marimba ostinato + flute melody).

duckroll

Cedille said:
This wonderful boys chorus will be streamed, but the rest will be sequenced. So pretty much the same as that boring Soma Bringer soundtrack (99 percent was marimba ostinato + flute melody).

How dare you disrespect Mitsuda. Guys, haul him off to the gallows. Today... there will be blood!

I sweard to God SEGA, bring this shit out here or else! I supported you and still do today, hell I still buy your damned Sonic compilations, so please bring this out here.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Getting more interested in this as the time goes. Some of the enviroments are a bit oversaturated to me though.

And hell yeah, Mitsuda.

I could listen that song hours...

So beautiful.

Game looks amazing, Sega why didn't you announced it in the E3? How long will you make us wait?....:(

Xelinis

Aesthetics look amazing but right now, I'm just praying that the plotline will be good. If his earlier works are any indication, Kato clearly has the potential to be the best writer in the industry. It breaks my heart that some of his recent stuff has been so subpar.

C'mon Kato!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
duckroll said:
Why would you say that? Level 5 has never made a good RPG on their own, why would they start now? :lol
Because it`s on ds and something kinda "new" where their sony rpgs were kinda...uhm...lets just say solid :)

btw. with "good" u mean "OMFGAWESOMNESS" since at least dark chronicles on ps2 was at least goos - just like jeanne dàrc on psp - imo xD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
duckroll said:
I see, the DS automatically makes crappy developers godlike. Okay. :lol

damn you`re cruel xD

but still inazuma looks awesome and will be awesome, can`t compare it to other games level 5 made on ps2... layton is also awesome :p

Relaxed Muscle said:
And make great developers shitty (see Bioware).

It`s sonic...no one can redeem that ip haha

duckroll said:
I see, the DS automatically makes crappy developers godlike. Okay. :lol

*compares KH:CoM to TWEWY*

You know, I think there's something to be said for that theory...

(Anyway, Etrian Odyssey 2 is DSGotY. For all regions. Except EU.)

Relaxed Muscle said:
And make great developers shitty (see Bioware).
Isn't the team working on Sonic Chronicles a totally new one who focus on portables? I imagine that would have to be one of the reason Sonic Chronicles doesn't looks so great right now.

Anyways I really hope this comes over here.

Xelinis said:
Aesthetics look amazing but right now, I'm just praying that the plotline will be good. If his earlier works are any indication, Kato clearly has the potential to be the best writer in the industry.

That goes a little far. He will never reach the level of Matsuno for example. But he's definitely talented and has a lot of unique ideas.

Shirokun

Xelinis said:
Aesthetics look amazing but right now, I'm just praying that the plotline will be good. If his earlier works are any indication, Kato clearly has the potential to be the best writer in the industry. It breaks my heart that some of his recent stuff has been so subpar.

C'mon Kato!

Hopefully the anime is no indication. It looks like a portion of this game revolves around killing furries, which is fine by me. I'm still really hyped!

rykomatsu

Shirokun said:
Hopefully the anime is no indication. It looks like a portion of this game revolves around killing furries, which is fine by me. I'm still really hyped!

the anime isn't THAT bad imho...but then again, I only watched it because of Sakamoto Maaya :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm upset with Sega for not announcing this for NA at E3! >_<

I hope it doesn't take too long. :(

Shirokun

rykomatsu said:
the anime isn't THAT bad imho...but then again, I only watched it because of Sakamoto Maaya :p

I only got through two episodes : (. You're right though, it's not THAT bad. I just have higher expectations for this game.

rykomatsu

Shirokun said:
I only got through two episodes : (. You're right though, it's not THAT bad. I just have higher expectations for this game.

uh...there's only 2 episodes so far so you got through all of them ;)

Ria seems to be an intriguing character even though she's only gotten what...5-6min of airtime so far. I sold my DS not too long ago...now I'm wishing I didn't :(

Tomodachi

dermannmitdemcolt said:
That goes a little far. He will never reach the level of Matsuno for example. But he's definitely talented and has a lot of unique ideas.

The same Matsuno who put no plot at all in FFXII, you saying? :p

ivysaur12

Banned
Xelinis said:

C'mon Kato!

Eh. Most of his games are based off of one or two huge plot twists. He struggles to actually fill the "game" parts most of the time.

Not sure what I think of the anime. I'll give it some time, but the first episode didn't leave me wanting more.

Tomodachi said:
The same Matsuno who put no plot at all in FFXII, you saying? :p

FFXII's plot went along swimmingly until Matsuno suffered a nervous breakdown/got cancer injected into his left eyelid/was visited by the ghost of Gunpei Yokoi. It's pretty easy to see the part where things started to fall apart.

May16

I heard/read in some thread that there's no more hotlinking of scans. Are we allowed to link to other *pages/sites* that have scans up though? Cause there are some Famitsu scans this week as well..."Somewhere on the internets"

jeremy1456

duckroll said:
That's not too hard, we're looking at a lot of shovelware, ports and FFV DS didn't get announced. :)

Joke post?

Seriously, the DS has a great looking line-up for the rest of the year.

fushi

I've been following this one ever since it was announced and I just can't get past the extremely derivative JRPG look. It's just so... unexciting.

That, and I fucking hate those stupid mascot characters.

Wallach

Man, this game looks so hot. DO WANT.

We'll see if it can make the grade though, I think DS GotY 2008 already has a couple games fighting over that spot (EO2 and TWEWY).

kiryogi

Banned
trinest said:
How could you forget TWEWY?

And I don't get this game it looks cool but what is it? A simple RPG or something else?

Well since we're talking about WD, which is a JP 08 release, TWEWY was 07.

Wallach

kiryogi said:
Well since we're talking about WD, which is a JP 08 release, TWEWY was 07.

Ah, this is true. I keep forgetting this game is not going to wind up localized anytime this year.

Oh well.

duckroll

1zp7aee.jpg

xlcpk0.jpg

Another week and another new segment of WD News. This week they show a lot more of the game than before. No battles this week, but a few cutscenes and environment shots. Very nice. Hopefully I can get it up on youtube in an hour or two.

Edit: Whoops. Probably can't upload anything. The official site has started carrying the WD News segments though, so hopefully WD News 3 will be up on the site by the end of the week.

Top Bottom