• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Destruction (Sega x ImageEpoch), JP release - 18th Sept, Trailer - Post #359

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yeah it really is a quality piece from Mitsuda.

Really looking forward to this game and I think it's going to blow my expectations out of the water.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
speedpop said:
Yeah it really is a quality piece from Mitsuda.

Really looking forward to this game and I think it's going to blow my expectations out of the water.

If anything it shows that he can still make amazing quality music, its too bad that no one is contracting out to him a mutli-million dollar RPG with a massive music budget.

I still get shudders when I hear music from Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, and Xenosaga ep 1.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I am certain companies have jumped over themselves to get him to sign on to a project, but that was the point of him going freelance was to allow him the freedom of choosing what he wants to do. We barely heard a whimper out of him after Xenosaga Ep. 1 and now he's slightly back in town after doing Soma Bringer and now World Destruction which, incidentally, contain staff from both games who he has worked with in the past.. Takahashi with Soma Bringer, and Kato with World Destruction.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
speedpop said:
I am certain companies have jumped over themselves to get him to sign on to a project, but that was the point of him going freelance was to allow him the freedom of choosing what he wants to do. We barely heard a whimper out of him after Xenosaga Ep. 1 and now he's slightly back in town after doing Soma Bringer and now World Destruction which, incidentally, contain staff from both games who he has worked with in the past.. Takahashi with Soma Bringer, and Kato with World Destruction.

True, but it is a waste letting a musical genius like Mitsuda NOT make large budget RPG music. The best part of freelance is that there is competition, which means that he should technically get more money for the music he does.

Hell, he should pursue going after other genres for the heck of it. I would love to see what he can do with a Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney game or a strategy RPG like Valkyria Chronicles.

Jonnyram

WTF they have proper actors doing the voices on this game? Yui Ichikawa? Maaya Sakamoto? This could be massive! (if marketed properly. hello sega!)

Top Bottom