• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Economic Forum: The Internet of Bodies is here. This is how it could change our lives

• We’re entering the era of the “Internet of Bodies”: collecting our physical data via a range of devices that can be implanted, swallowed or worn.
  • The result is a huge amount of health-related data that could improve human wellbeing around the world, and prove crucial in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.
  • But a number of risks and challenges must be addressed to realize the potential of this technology, from privacy issues to practical hurdles.
In the special wards of Shanghai’s Public Health Clinical Center, nurses use smart thermometers to check the temperatures of COVID-19 patients. Each person’s temperature is recorded with a sensor, reducing the risk of infection through contact, and the data is sent to an observation dashboard. An abnormal result triggers an alert to medical staff, who can then intervene promptly. The gathered data also allows medics to analyse trends over time.

The smart thermometers are designed by VivaLNK, a Silicon-Valley based startup, and are a powerful example of the many digital products and services that are revolutionizing healthcare. After the Internet of Things, which transformed the way we live, travel and work by connecting everyday objects to the Internet, it’s now time for the Internet of Bodies. This means collecting our physical data via devices that can be implanted, swallowed or simply worn, generating huge amounts of health-related information.

Some of these solutions, such as fitness trackers, are an extension of the Internet of Things. But because the Internet of Bodies centres on the human body and health, it also raises its own specific set of opportunities and challenges, from privacy issues to legal and ethical questions.

More interesting & disturbing stuff to read inside the article.

Last edited:
I don't think I blinked once reading that

My eyes burn, and I'm slowly coming to the realization that that this sort of hyper-tech is inevitable in an almost erie way (which is cool, I like that, terror can be thrilling)
I already ask the mod team to adjust the thread title so that members can join in on this topic about the upcoming revolutionary and tyrannical age of data aggregation.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
giphy.gif

creepy shit.
NeuraLink is even worse.

The top 3 richest people in the world are "coincidentally" working towards the same goal: transforming humans into transhumanist slaves for the elite to exploit.

Watch this to understand the implications and possible consequences behind the Internet of Bodies:

Last edited:

Hudo

Oh, great, yet more Internet-Of-Shit (PR people call it "Internet-Of-Things") things that are unnecessarily more complicated than they need to be because some second-rate web devs decided that concocting yet another shitty front-end isn't enough.
Can't wait till my medicine doesn't work because the particles couldn't connect to the server, I guess I die then. Well, crap, my smart coffin just received a 200GB patch because the people who have "lead developer" in the title don't know what delta-patching is so I guess my death has to wait. Thank you, smart coffin.

Oh, great, yet more Internet-Of-Shit (PR people call it "Internet-Of-Things") things that are unnecessarily more complicated than they need to be because some second-rate web devs decided that concocting yet another shitty front-end isn't enough.
Can't wait till my medicine doesn't work because the particles couldn't connect to the server, I guess I die then. Well, crap, my smart coffin just received a 200GB patch because the people who have "lead developer" in the title don't know what delta-patching is so I guess my death has to wait. Thank you, smart coffin.
Klaus Schwab will have you cooking meatballs for his sentient mistress robot in no time!

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Top Bottom