• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Ends with You Sequel revealed for Nintendo Switch & PS4

Jooxed

Gold Member

NEO: The World Ends with You is the follow-up to the hit action role-playing game The World Ends with You.

NEO: The World Ends with You transports players to the streets of the Shibuya, where they will take part in the “Reapers’ Game,” a life-or-death battle for survival. Players will take on the role of Rindo as they explore the heart of Tokyo to uncover the mysteries behind the sinister Game in which they have been forced to take part.

NEO: The World Ends with You brings a re-creation of modern Shibuya to life in a unique and comic-inspired style. Players can explore and enjoy the sights, sounds, and culture of this bustling city, fight monsters alongside their ally companions in fast-paced action battles, and complete missions as they seek to change the fate they’ve been handed.

Last edited:

Zephir

I wish I could enjoy the soundtrack, but I can't over the sound of so many people failing No Nut November at the same time

Looks great though, but....uhm...maybe a bit more antialiasing? I mean, it's coming in summer 2021 so there's still time to tweak it

Jooxed

Gold Member
I wish I could enjoy the soundtrack, but I can't over the sound of so many people failing No Nut November at the same time

Looks great though, but....uhm...maybe a bit more antialiasing? I mean, it's coming in summer 2021 so there's still time to tweak it

I enjoyed certain tracks but some others were a miss for me.

Fbh

Nice. I enjoyed the first one even though I wasn't crazy about it.
This looks a bit low budget though, and the resolution seems really low even for Switch Standards (like, at 0:49 it has that 3DS/PSP tier low res look), but it should still be fun.

Last edited:

chaseroni

Yeah I'm hoping that this capture is from the switch version, no reason for PS4 to be so low resolution

lmao

is that still a thing people do, btw? if so, yikes

Barakov

iu

Buying this on Day Uno. Nomura, Square you dun good.

This might be interesting depending on who's developing it. Hopefully they keep Nomura as far away as possible, at least from the script. I'm glad it's on the PS4 too, that means it should at least have some kind of normal controls. I tried playing the original multiple times but the forced stylus stuff was a massive turn off.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

So I checked to see if I could find the first game on Switch. Guess what, it's out of print and is now impossible to find (that or it's $100+ on ebay). Figured I'd check the nintendo eshop... only to find out the game is being sold at the low low price of $50.

Top Bottom