• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy screens

Vivi (FFIX)
013tlzx8.jpg

014flxqk.jpg

017wulyp.jpg

Odin
036lhymj.jpg

032vqyyy.jpg

Undead Princess (Crystal Chronicles)

035p4auu.jpg

0336nbmb.jpg

Black Armored Knight Brendires
002z7a7j.jpg

007zlzti.jpg

Zona Seeker
001jel19.jpg

005eeb0w.jpg

Unknown
003uuas4.jpg

008l4xwf.jpg

009ngy97.jpg

Bahamut Soldiers
0104bxiu.jpg

0126cx0v.jpg

Deskar
0374nx4d.jpg

034i4bc1.jpg

http://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030591/20160525080/

ReaperXL7

Just give me a date Square, this game is in my top 5 for wants but I hope they don't make us wait too long after Japan to get it.

Just looks fantastic in my opinion and a possibly great way to introduce my daughter to Final Fantasy

mcz117chief

I love this, I mean, it has Lightning in it so it's going to be awesome regardless. It was funny when the creators were like "this game is mostly for kids to get acquainted with the Final Fantasy mythos." and I was like ¨.______________. still gonna buy it."

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Day 1! Looks so beautiful with the art style, everything looks so crisp, which means i'll be getting the PS4 version

Also, i echo the sentiments about 15. No disrespect as i'm sure Tabata and co are breaking their balls to make release date, but this kind of thing is really refreshing to see.

NahaNago

i'm loving the look of this game for the most part, i just don't like the somewhat realistic sized humans. This is definitely a day one game and i probably will like this better than ff15.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Very interested in this one - hope it plays as well as it looks.

The art style is amazing.

Anyone know any details of the plot or how it plays? Something tells me this isn't a typical RPG but it does seem turn based. Or at least "Grandia" based.

I'm about it. Is this an ARPG?

ATB

1) It’s got ATB-style combat. ATB, of course, stands for Active Time Battle, a staple of older Final Fantasy games (from IV to IX) that crosses menu-based combat with real-time turn gauges. “I’ve also changed it a little bit to add more of a [modern feeling] like current-generation games,” Chiba said, speaking through a translator. Your two main characters can also swap between big and small forms, which will affect their abilities both in combat and in the world.

http://kotaku.com/eight-things-you-should-know-about-world-of-final-fanta-1712436225

My question: is it just going to be mash up fan service, or will it have a coherent and engaging plot? The director has said things about wanting the game to have a somewhat serious story in the vein of mainline FFs, but everything they've shown is all over the place.

The environments look great, and the stacking gameplay seems like it could be deep and interesting. I'm in, but still skeptical about consistency of tone.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My question: is it just going to be mash up fan service, or will it have a coherent and engaging plot? The director has said things about wanting the game to have a somewhat serious story in the vein of mainline FFs, but everything they've shown is all over the place.

The environments look great, and the stacking gameplay seems like it could be deep and interesting. I'm in, but still skeptical about consistency of tone.

What tone are you seeing that is inconsistent? They are going to have lighthearted moments for kids but a serious core

BibiMaghoo

Can't decide if the designs are good or atrocious.

Will likely try it out anyway. I need me some turn based FF and this might be close.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Awwwww.

The main characters are riding on top of Odin's horns! That's so cute!

I need a figma of that, SE. ASAP.

I was so hyped when this was announced, until I realised the battles would be random encounters. Hype complete deflated. Looks stunning though!

Narroo

Still not a fan of the oversized heads, but it does look great. Definitely a day one purchase.

A lot of the monster characters like Odin seem to have undersized heads....

I'm not a fan of the art style either. If you're going to make a monster taming game, can't we at least get to tame them as they normally are, instead of cute pet versions? Kinda defeats the appeal.

Top Bottom