• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft Classic |OT| We're Going Home

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Druids can offtank in raids with bear...

For sure, our OT is a bear. I just mean that coming into the game this late, you're going to have a pretty hard time finding a guild where you can do that, or even convince PUGs to take you on.

... and are pretty good healers, we have a resto druid that always ends up in the top healers in the raids. Just have to play it properly.

It's not that they're inherently bad, it's that they're absolutely the worst of the 4 if you're up against other people who can play properly. Hence there's generally 1-2 per raid and shitloads of the others.

Malakhov

Banned
It's not that they're inherently bad, it's that they're absolutely the worst of the 4 if you're up against other people who can play properly. Hence there's generally 1-2 per raid and shitloads of the others.
Depends how your guild works, we split raids for ony now and do her at 20. Resto druids are actually rare to find, at least on our server. Weve been looking for a good one for 2 weeks now so I doubt he'll have trouble finding a guild.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Depends how your guild works, we split raids for ony now and do her at 20. Resto druids are actually rare to find, at least on our server. Weve been looking for a good one for 2 weeks now so I doubt he'll have trouble finding a guild.

Yeah, same deal, but that's Ony. We don't have enough people for 2 MC raids nor do we want that. We have 2 resto druids and we're not looking for any more, they're likely with us for the rest of the game.

Druid's a fun leveling experience. They're easily one of the fastest to 60 when played properly, probably third after hunters/warlocks. When you get cat form you're really going to notice a difference in kill speed, and druids have basically no downtime at all. Cat 2-3 mobs until you're low on health, shift out, regrowth + rejuv, shift back, continue. My advice is put 5/5 into Furor in the resto tree at level 24. This lets you swap forms without losing too much energy/rage, it's been a big help to me, but not everyone chooses to do it because it then takes longer to get to the bottom of the feral tree.

Plus, you can take any role in dungeons while leveling. I have a 35 druid that can either tank or DPS in my agility gear, and I carry a set of +healing/int gear to heal with if needed. You do not need to spec resto while leveling to heal dungeons, just get some gear.

Bear (haha) in mind that if you want to raid you're most likely gonna be healing, druids are the worst healers, and there won't be many spots. But they do bring some great utility like combat rezzes and innervates, so raids will always take one or two. Resto druids also gear up pretty damn quickly. When WSG hits you're gonna be popular, bears are the de factor flag carriers.
Thanks for the tips. I played a bit last night. I was all gung-ho ready to level up real fast and ended up being really slow instead. I can't stand darkshore. Nothing about leveling there feels fluid. It is constant back and forth long runs. Plus I have not had a single 6 slot bag drop for me through level 12, so I kept having inventory issues. I finally went to the AH in Darnassus and bought 4 8-slot bags for 6 silver a piece. i had 7 hours to grind, and starting from level 12 I barely made it to 17 this morning -_-

After being entirely frustrated with the darkshore area I finally went to menethil harbor and made the long run to Loch Modan. Much better! Before logging I did the run to IF and then took the tram to SW. Tonight I plan on running to westfall and doing the deadmines over and over again until 20.

Last edited:

AV

Thanks for the tips. I played a bit last night. I was all gung-ho ready to level up real fast and ended up being really slow instead. I can't stand darkshore. Nothing about leveling there feels fluid. It is constant back and forth long runs. Plus I have not had a single 6 slot bag drop for me through level 12, so I kept having inventory issues. I finally went to the AH in Darnassus and bought 4 8-slot bags for 6 silver a piece. i had 7 hours to grind, and starting from level 12 I barely made it to 17 this morning -_-

After being entirely frustrated with the darkshore area I finally went to menethil harbor and made the long run to Loch Modan. Much better! Before logging I did the run to IF and then took the tram to SW. Tonight I plan on running to westfall and doing the deadmines over and over again until 20.

Yeah, the bag thing is crucial. I went and bought 3 6-slots (I'm a hunter) ASAP because you make that money back so fast from junk. Having started the game late you can benefit from tailors selling heavily discounted larger bags, too.

Make sure you pick up all the Deadmines quests, especially the long chain that gives you the blue ring. Classic WoWhead has a great little reference to make sure you don't miss any. https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/dungeon-quests-classic-wow

Good luck!

Yeah, the bag thing is crucial. I went and bought 3 6-slots (I'm a hunter) ASAP because you make that money back so fast from junk. Having started the game late you can benefit from tailors selling heavily discounted larger bags, too.

Make sure you pick up all the Deadmines quests, especially the long chain that gives you the blue ring. Classic WoWhead has a great little reference to make sure you don't miss any. https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/dungeon-quests-classic-wow

Good luck!
Awesome. Being only level 17 I've put my first 7 points into balance simply for leveling. Was gonna do 5/5 natural weapons. If I'm going to try tanking some would you recommend a Respec?

AV

Awesome. Being only level 17 I've put my first 7 points into balance simply for leveling. Was gonna do 5/5 natural weapons. If I'm going to try tanking some would you recommend a Respec?

Tanking in Classic is heavily dependent on building threat, especially at lower levels where you've got no gear, no abilities, and run with more unskilled players. The first two talents at the top of the feral tree are the ones you would generally want in a leveling spec since they'll come in handy for both cat and bear, whereas the ones in the 2nd row don't really help cats. You definitely don't wanna be spending all your gold on respecs before 60 but I wouldn't even entertain the balance tree until after you get the 40 point feral. Also don't forget that 5/5 Furor in resto at level 24, it's really good at keeping the blood flowing.

Tanking in Classic is heavily dependent on building threat, especially at lower levels where you've got no gear, no abilities, and run with more unskilled players. The first two talents at the top of the feral tree are the ones you would generally want in a leveling spec since they'll come in handy for both cat and bear, whereas the ones in the 2nd row don't really help cats. You definitely don't wanna be spending all your gold on respecs before 60 but I wouldn't even entertain the balance tree until after you get the 40 point feral. Also don't forget that 5/5 Furor in resto at level 24, it's really good at keeping the blood flowing.
Alrighty. I'll do the Respec tonight and see how it goes. Gonna try and sell some things on the AH and recoup the cost.

Edit:
Welp I've learned one thing. I'm gonna be broke forever and a mount at 40 is unlikely. I need the leveling process to slow down because I don't make enough gold to keep up with the cost of new spells lol. Didn't get the chance to do deadmines last night. By the time I had all the quests for it, including the final quest to kill vancleef, most people had already logged to sleep. On a bright note I hit level 20 and already love cat form a ton.

Last edited:
Sorry one last question about talents. Are you saying I should have 5/5 furor by level 24 or beginning at 24 is when I should start putting points into furor? I'll take this one off the air. Thanks.

Dom1niqu3

Neo Member
Sorry one last question about talents. Are you saying I should have 5/5 furor by level 24 or beginning at 24 is when I should start putting points into furor? I'll take this one off the air. Thanks.

Also, don't forget that you need to level up your weapon skills. That depends much on your talents too. If you want to master all of the possible weapons quicky. Try boostbay.com, they have opportunities not to worry about such things.

AV

Welp I've learned one thing. I'm gonna be broke forever and a mount at 40 is unlikely. I need the leveling process to slow down because I don't make enough gold to keep up with the cost of new spells lol. Didn't get the chance to do deadmines last night. By the time I had all the quests for it, including the final quest to kill vancleef, most people had already logged to sleep. On a bright note I hit level 20 and already love cat form a ton.

Your gold income is exponential 1-60, it'll start ramping up more and more and you'll really notice it. My two biggest pieces of advice would be, don't buy every skill, and take 2 gathering professions. You simply won't need every skill while leveling up, pick the ones you're going to actually use. For gathering, get skinning and then either mining/herbalism, and sell all that stuff. Those alone will net you tons of gold. Make sure you're comparing vendor prices to auction house prices to see what's worth doing.

Grats on 20, you're over the absolute worst part of leveling a druid. Cat is a lot of fun.

Sorry, I missed this, tag me / PM me if you need quicker response, and I should have made it clearer - start putting points in at 20 afer you've done the top 2 in the feral tree. It doesn't really matter on the order though if you've already put your 11th point in feral.

Also, don't forget that you need to level up your weapon skills. That depends much on your talents too. If you want to master all of the possible weapons quicky. Try boostbay.com, they have opportunities not to worry about such things.

Druids don't need weapon skill whatsoever. Don't listen to this guy. This is what happens when you pay other people to play games for you, you don't learn.

Your gold income is exponential 1-60, it'll start ramping up more and more and you'll really notice it. My two biggest pieces of advice would be, don't buy every skill, and take 2 gathering professions. You simply won't need every skill while leveling up, pick the ones you're going to actually use. For gathering, get skinning and then either mining/herbalism, and sell all that stuff. Those alone will net you tons of gold. Make sure you're comparing vendor prices to auction house prices to see what's worth doing.

Grats on 20, you're over the absolute worst part of leveling a druid. Cat is a lot of fun.

Sorry, I missed this, tag me / PM me if you need quicker response, and I should have made it clearer - start putting points in at 20 afer you've done the top 2 in the feral tree. It doesn't really matter on the order though if you've already put your 11th point in feral.

Druids don't need weapon skill whatsoever. Don't listen to this guy. This is what happens when you pay other people to play games for you, you don't learn.
Much appreciated! Yeah I already did 1 point for the 15% speed increase in animal form. I think the slow movement during quests frustrates me more than anything so far. I hate feeling inefficient. That's when i get mad. Realizing that i should have knocked out more quests in a specific area, but only after already having made the long run back to a hub of quest givers. I hate the back and forth. Other than that though it's great. I just need to relax and enjoy the game. It's not like i'm in an extreme hurry. And yeah, I'm playing wow because I enjoy it. I'm not gonna pay someone to play it for me.

Last edited:
I'm having so much more fun leveling a druid than I ever did leveling a lock. This is fantastic. Sitting at level 28 right now. Can't wait for 30 to get travel form. One thing ive noticed in classic is not a lot of people have pets. I went ahead and spent 60 silver on the white kitten sold by Timmy in SW. I'm longer concerned about gold. It's streaming in more quickly now. Sitting near 10g atm. I got the seal of wrynn and that ring is baller. Also using the Tunic of westfall and the orc crusher. I'm a steamroller!

AV

Finished my epic hunter quest chain for Rhok'delar and Lok'delar last night after getting the leaf 10 days prior. I was the last of 4 hunters to win the roll so I haven't been able to do it until phase 2 which has been... fun, to say the least.

For those that don't know, the 2nd to last boss in MC has a 50% (I think?) chance of dropping a quest starter, so you have to have that drop and win the roll. Then the quest asks that you kill 4 elite demons spread out over the world, each has a unique weakness but you essentially need to learn to kite all of them properly. You cannot get any help - if any other player or even your pet hits the demons once they despawn. And of course on a PVP server any enemy faction player could kill you while you're attempting it. And of course every hunter on the server with the leaf will also be trying it. The demons respawn every 15 minutes and you have 15 minutes to kill them before they despawn again. The fights take ~4-6 each. Oh, and once you've done them all, you need to kill Onyxia and hope she drops the bow string.

It was a challenge, but it's the best bow I can get for a while and the staff is great for PVP. I do usually have my T1 boots/gloves on but I forgot to swap back from my riding set for the screenshot. If you see a hunter with a glowy green stick on his back, give him a nod.

nlA7h1I.png

Yay that's awesome! Congrats AV AV at work I have been watching wow streams of people on pvp servers and I wouldn't be able to handle the griefing. So many things can stress me out while playing. So for me doing a pve server was the thing to do.

So I am steadily leveling up my druid. Last night I hit a snag. Basically I stopped questing and doing level relevant dungeons to try and get the deviate scale belt pattern from wailing caverns. I'm 30 now so I was getting zero experience for kills. I did get the pattern/recipe for the belt but the deviate scales and perfect deviate scales are a super low drop rate. I think I would have been smarter skipping the pattern and just grinding to s higher level get something else instead. I definitely could have hit 31 maybe 32 if I had done that.

Tonight I plan on tanking some gnomergan and at least I should get the leather quest pants and maybe with some luck the crowd pummeler. Travel form at 30 is a breath of fresh air. I ran to booty bay and picked up the flight path no sweat.

Reactions: AV

AV

Tonight I plan on tanking some gnomergan and at least I should get the leather quest pants and maybe with some luck the crowd pummeler.

Those legs are enormous. Such a ridiculous upgrade for cats that you probably won't replace until your 50s or something. Grats on 30!

I hate it when i'm questing and i get to a zone where i'm in-between the ideal level for doing the quests there. At 30 i was basically running around trying to find places with level-appropriate quests. I finished out all but the elite quests in Duskwood and the Wetlands. So i went to stranglethorn vale and knocked out the earlier quests, but then i ran into the same problem where quests quickly got too high in level for me to do. Ultimately, i went on a long run from Theramore to Thousand Needles and started doing all the quests at the race track. I know at some point one of the npc's gives the carrot on a stick quest but i'm too low to finish that right now. Things got better, but i run into that issue a lot. I'll drop into Desolace next and then i've got all the Southshore/Arathi Highlands stuff, plus i can always go back to STV.
Those legs are enormous. Such a ridiculous upgrade for cats that you probably won't replace until your 50s or something. Grats on 30!
Yep Triprunner Dungarees 18 agi 3 str 6 stam :O I did one run and finished the quest. The manual crowd pummeler didn't drop unfortunately.

Last edited:
Well my journey to 60 with my druid on classic just took another turn. I've been on wowhead a lot and looking at all the different classes. I'm starting to miss my warlock from retail. I played through MoP and then did a little of the next expansion. Got to level 100 and that is when I stopped playing a while ago. This was my transmog set at the time. Really blurry pic but it is an old screen grab I had on Photobucket from way back.
eHmxFrt.jpg

Anyway, last night, after dinging 32 on the druid, I started a new lock in classic. I think I'll just bounce between the 2 (druid and lock) depending on my mood. Got to level 6 this morning and my imp's name is Turnak or something goofy like that. On my old lock I got really lucky with my first two minion names. My imp was jubjub and my voidwalker was helgrave. Anyway, should be fun even if now my leveling is gonna take twice as long or more.

Last edited:

Cignus

Neo Member
Do ya'll think they will ever open up paid transfers/server condensing once the game slows in popularity? I started playing on a different server than all my friends week of launch because I couldn't login and didn't want to deal with the stress of remoting in to get in a queue/getting disconnected.
I ended up finding a guild and so far it's been quite a journey. I'm around level 55 and haven't had much time to play between getting ganked (pvp server + phase 2) but this holiday I'll be attempting to hit the glorious level 60!!

AV

Do ya'll think they will ever open up paid transfers/server condensing once the game slows in popularity? I started playing on a different server than all my friends week of launch because I couldn't login and didn't want to deal with the stress of remoting in to get in a queue/getting disconnected.
I ended up finding a guild and so far it's been quite a journey. I'm around level 55 and haven't had much time to play between getting ganked (pvp server + phase 2) but this holiday I'll be attempting to hit the glorious level 60!!

Possibly, but you're probably talking a long time away, depending what server you're on / your friends are on. Right now there's plenty of servers that are so full they get queues on raid nights, including mine. There's underpopulated ones too. Really depends how things shake out across the next few months.

Personally I'd suggest casually leveling a character on your friend's realm when you get bored of dungeons on your main, just in case you never get the opportunity to transfer.

Is it not possible to pay for a transfer? I had no idea. I suspect they will eventually.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member

Like others have said Druids are crazy fun and fast once you hit 20 and get Cat form. Hot > fight > fight > hot > fight (bear for emergencies when you pull two or more and always keep thorns on as it helps when multiple mobs are attacking you at low levels). I played a Druid in TBC they're amazing fun!

Make sure to keep a few worn items with Int for healing, most Stam + Agi + Attack power.

At max level it's basically a possible four roles with two sets of gear. I have a level 21 in Classic myself after gearing out my 60 Hunter from launch. It's a lot of fun but I did feel your pain pre 20!

Last edited:

Deanington

Finished my epic hunter quest chain for Rhok'delar and Lok'delar last night after getting the leaf 10 days prior. I was the last of 4 hunters to win the roll so I haven't been able to do it until phase 2 which has been... fun, to say the least.

For those that don't know, the 2nd to last boss in MC has a 50% (I think?) chance of dropping a quest starter, so you have to have that drop and win the roll. Then the quest asks that you kill 4 elite demons spread out over the world, each has a unique weakness but you essentially need to learn to kite all of them properly. You cannot get any help - if any other player or even your pet hits the demons once they despawn. And of course on a PVP server any enemy faction player could kill you while you're attempting it. And of course every hunter on the server with the leaf will also be trying it. The demons respawn every 15 minutes and you have 15 minutes to kill them before they despawn again. The fights take ~4-6 each. Oh, and once you've done them all, you need to kill Onyxia and hope she drops the bow string.

It was a challenge, but it's the best bow I can get for a while and the staff is great for PVP. I do usually have my T1 boots/gloves on but I forgot to swap back from my riding set for the screenshot. If you see a hunter with a glowy green stick on his back, give him a nod.

nlA7h1I.png

Nice, I still rock mine in retail ( transmog ). You might be thinking why I still play retail, I took over a year ( well years at a time here and there ) off and just jumped back in. I almost want to play Classic but I am stuck with that been there done that mentality. Although I loved vanilla while I played it originally. I also think I just want to hold on to the old memories when I played with old friends and family. Anyways, grats! Its such an exciting feeling when you accomplish stuff in this game and have the items to show off.

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Can you play wow classic on a nuc i3 8th gen dual core
8gb ram and intel iris plus 655?

Yeah, set it to graphical level 3 (Classic). If it struggles or doesn't hit your desired framerate then lower the resolution to 1600x900 from 1020x1080. If it still struggles then lower it to 1280x720. WoW's original artstyle scales well with resolution so it still looks good at lower resolutions relative to today's resolutions.

Last edited:
Nice, I still rock mine in retail ( transmog ). You might be thinking why I still play retail, I took over a year ( well years at a time here and there ) off and just jumped back in. I almost want to play Classic but I am stuck with that been there done that mentality. Although I loved vanilla while I played it originally. I also think I just want to hold on to the old memories when I played with old friends and family. Anyways, grats! Its such an exciting feeling when you accomplish stuff in this game and have the items to show off.
I started playing vanilla way late. My RL friends were doing some serious raiding and I was still learning how to quest and do the most basic things in game. By the time I hit 60 and was attuned for mc, ony and bwl, my friends guild had everything but AQ40 on farm. So for me, I just want to be able to experience the raids without having all the gear right off the bat. Id like to experience the opening of the gates to AQ and all that. Plus I leveled on a pvp server and absolutely hated it. So it's cool being able to start over and play the game when I actually have a clue what I'm doing, and without the stress of getting ganked endlessly. Lol I still remember keyboard turning in AQ40. That's how clueless I was.

Last edited:

AV

I almost want to play Classic but I am stuck with that been there done that mentality. Although I loved vanilla while I played it originally. I also think I just want to hold on to the old memories when I played with old friends and family.

It's certainly hit different people in different ways. I played 2005 onwards but I'm loving it, even though I've seen a lot of it before, it's a timeless game to me, and playing it in 2019 is a totally different experience. The amount of actually-half-decent players means that it's actually very possible to actually get a lot of shit done consistently rather than wandering around in Stratholme for 4 hours dying on every trash pull. Obviously some people had that experience in 2004-6 but it was a hell of a lot rarer. Personally I'm enjoying reliving it while it's in its "official rebirth" which will only last so long; even if Blizzard launch fresh servers, it's not going to be the same. "Blizzard's Classic WoW" is kind of a 1-time-deal as far as I'm concerned. Also, TBC is basically inevitable at this point. I plan to see vanilla and TBC through to the end while I still have no kids.

TheContact

How are population numbers holding up? I only played a little bit at launch and got busy.

from my experiences on Incindius and Skeram the population is still high. Incindius is still layered, cities are bustling. It's definitely not what it was, naturally, but still a very healthy population. The popularity should grow as more content comes out and absolutely when BGs are implemented.

Cignus

Neo Member
The popularity should grow as more content comes out and absolutely when BGs are implemented.
It will also be nice to level again because the fucking RAIDS of people grinding for High Warlord will move into BGs, allowing me to actually play the game

It's certainly hit different people in different ways. I played 2005 onwards but I'm loving it, even though I've seen a lot of it before, it's a timeless game to me, and playing it in 2019 is a totally different experience. The amount of actually-half-decent players means that it's actually very possible to actually get a lot of shit done consistently rather than wandering around in Stratholme for 4 hours dying on every trash pull. Obviously some people had that experience in 2004-6 but it was a hell of a lot rarer. Personally I'm enjoying reliving it while it's in its "official rebirth" which will only last so long; even if Blizzard launch fresh servers, it's not going to be the same. "Blizzard's Classic WoW" is kind of a 1-time-deal as far as I'm concerned. Also, TBC is basically inevitable at this point. I plan to see vanilla and TBC through to the end while I still have no kids.
Yeah I'm hoping they eventually do BC. That was a time where a lot of my friends stopped playing so I went more casual in BC. Would like the opportunity to do some early Kara and what not. Locks if I remember correctly were a bit op in BC. Another shameless reason I want to get a lock up to 60 in classic.

AV

How are population numbers holding up? I only played a little bit at launch and got busy.

Obviously server dependent but speaking anecdotally about Razorgore, wonderfully. Cities and world are bustling, queues up to an hour on busy raid nights which you'd expect. Always plenty of people to do things with. I imagine herb farming will get a bit easier when BGs are introduced since it's very difficult right now given the significantly larger population cap in Classic compared to 2006.

Incindius is still layered

All servers have been on one layer for 2 weeks now. You can't have honor and world bosses with layers.

Yeah I'm hoping they eventually do BC. That was a time where a lot of my friends stopped playing so I went more casual in BC. Would like the opportunity to do some early Kara and what not. Locks if I remember correctly were a bit op in BC. Another shameless reason I want to get a lock up to 60 in classic.

It's basically inevitable. So much of the ground work is already done, it's the most popular expansion, etc. etc. I would guess Blizzcon 2020 for the reveal and a release Q2 2021. With the rate they're pumping out content for Classic it's going to be fully released much sooner than a lot of people seem to think.

And yeah, warlocks were fucking broken in TBC, but in higher end content you're literally just casting shadowbolt, that's it, that's your job. Press 1 button. Kinda like mages in classic right now.

Chiramii

How are people dealing with the PvP situation at the moment? It's fucking terrible being alliance on my server right now. Even less popular flight paths like blasted lands I get one shot when I land. It is so out of control many people have given up making their way over to dungeons, and the horde is so dominant they've started knocking on our home city doors at this point. Hopefully battlegrounds will remedy it somewhat. Until then, every living moment is pain.

TheContact

All servers have been on one layer for 2 weeks now. You can't have honor and world bosses with layers.

Ok good to know. I was under the assumption it was still layered because when I left a group a few days ago, the party disappeared.

Cignus

Neo Member
Yeah I'm hoping they eventually do BC.
I hope they allow you to copy characters onto a BC expansion realm and allow you to just continue from there and also keep your classic character around.
But these servers would have to be like "transfers only" servers or else the economy might be fucked for new players on that server.

AV

How are people dealing with the PvP situation at the moment? It's fucking terrible being alliance on my server right now. Even less popular flight paths like blasted lands I get one shot when I land. It is so out of control many people have given up making their way over to dungeons, and the horde is so dominant they've started knocking on our home city doors at this point. Hopefully battlegrounds will remedy it somewhat. Until then, every living moment is pain.

Unfortunately that was always how it was going to go. I do feel kinda bad for the people who had no idea what was coming in P2, I'm guessing Blizzard feels bad too and doesn't wanna lose subs, hence the early BGs. But it's just how the game works.

My honest advice (as someone who has been camping the EPL flight master with a guild a couple nights a week) is pretty simple: start a counter-raid. There's very little my, say, 8 man group can do to stop 15 people all flying in at the exact same time. We've been wiped a few times now by organised allies. As soon as you're near the dungeon you want to be at, don't leave until you absolutely have to. Make the most of being there, even if it means running until your gear is red.

I hope they allow you to copy characters onto a BC expansion realm and allow you to just continue from there and also keep your classic character around.
But these servers would have to be like "transfers only" servers or else the economy might be fucked for new players on that server.

They'll be separate. They can't just upgrade the Classic servers or you'd end up with a situation where people were asking for Classic back again. You also can't force people to start again, they'll have transfer servers.

I actually think playing on a fresh TBC realm from level 1 would be pretty cool since it allows the new shamans/paladins a chance to level properly and reach 70 at roughly the same times as everyone else. But I'm not sure I could convince my whole guild...

Chiramii

Yes, a direct character copy is the way to go I think. But the gold has to be wiped from the vanilla character if you want to bring it over to the TBC realm of course.

AV

But the gold has to be wiped from the vanilla character if you want to bring it over to the TBC realm of course.

I've read this post 6 times and I still can't figure out the reasoning behind the idea.

I woke up at 4am this morning and put in a couple hours before work. I'm on day shifts for today and tomorrow and then promptly go back to nights next week lol. Anyway, I was jammin with the warlock and got him to level 9. I've been thinking about what talents I wanted to go with initially. It's either Demonic Embrace for the extra stamina or Improved Corruption for the instant cast. Whichever one I go with I'll probably stay in that tree and go all the way down until i can pick up either siphon life or demonic sacrifice (but that isn't really a leveling talent). The first time I ever leveled a lock i ran around with the big blueberry the whole time and i'd like to do something different. I'm thinking about doing the drain lock thing and running with a succubus instead.

Xyphie

I've read this post 6 times and I still can't figure out the reasoning behind the idea.

If you can transfer at will people will use it to dupe gold/items. Trade 200,000G to a character, copy to TBC server, rinse repeat.

AV

If you can transfer at will people will use it to dupe gold/items. Trade 200,000G to a character, copy to TBC server, rinse repeat.

Ahh, right, yeah. I'm not sure if wiping gold on the original character is the right move there, but off the top of my head I can't think of a better way round it immediately. Potentially a once-per-account transfer where you mark in advance which characters you want to move and then don't get the opportunity again. As many as you want, but only one time. Probably introduces other issues I can't think of at 8:27 AM though.

AV

I've been thinking about what talents I wanted to go with initially. It's either Demonic Embrace for the extra stamina or Improved Corruption for the instant cast. Whichever one I go with I'll probably stay in that tree and go all the way down until i can pick up either siphon life or demonic sacrifice (but that isn't really a leveling talent). The first time I ever leveled a lock i ran around with the big blueberry the whole time and i'd like to do something different. I'm thinking about doing the drain lock thing and running with a succubus instead.

Just don't forget to wand, it's your strongest tool as a caster in classic. DoT + wand all day, baby. Warlock leveling a really enjoyable breeze.

Just don't forget to wand, it's your strongest tool as a caster in classic. DoT + wand all day, baby. Warlock leveling a really enjoyable breeze.
That's what i've read. It's funny that i don't remember doing this when i first leveled my lock in like 2006. Although I think i leveled all the way to almost 10 before realizing i needed to train and purchase new spells when i first started playing wow :p I'm definitely gonna do the dot more and shadow bolt less approach this time around. On wowhead it lists a cheap craftable wand i should be able to buy from the AH and there is also a quest in westfall that rewards one. I'll pick one up when i get a chance to play for a longer amount of time early next week. I just hit 11 this morning. I've been running around in Elwynn Forest and for some reason find the questing there really relaxing. i've decided to go down the affliction tree all the way through siphon life before putting talents in the other talent trees. Anyway, i could talk forever, but i'm not regretting my decision to come back and play classic at all. No rush. No ganking. Just enjoying the ride.

AV

That's what i've read. It's funny that i don't remember doing this when i first leveled my lock in like 2006. Although I think i leveled all the way to almost 10 before realizing i needed to train and purchase new spells when i first started playing wow :p

Yeah, very few people used wands properly back then because it was pretty boring casting a couple of spells and then autoshotting to death, but it's by far the most efficient way to level warlocks and priests. Main wand to get is the Gravestone Scepter (I think that's what it's called) from a BFD quest, it's huge.

Yeah, very few people used wands properly back then because it was pretty boring casting a couple of spells and then autoshotting to death, but it's by far the most efficient way to level warlocks and priests. Main wand to get is the Gravestone Scepter (I think that's what it's called) from a BFD quest, it's huge.
oooh i'll check it out! thanks.

Chiramii

Ahh, right, yeah. I'm not sure if wiping gold on the original character is the right move there, but off the top of my head I can't think of a better way round it immediately. Potentially a once-per-account transfer where you mark in advance which characters you want to move and then don't get the opportunity again. As many as you want, but only one time. Probably introduces other issues I can't think of at 8:27 AM though.

I may very well be misinterpreting what you're saying, but if i understand your idea correctly there would still be a loophole. Me and my friends can then move our combined gold between accounts and move it over several times.

In my opinion, the gold wipe seems fair. If you want to copy your character and gold over to TBC then why would you need it on Classic? And if your gold on classic mean so much to you, just start with a blank economic slate in TBC. ^^

AV

I may very well be misinterpreting what you're saying, but if i understand your idea correctly there would still be a loophole. Me and my friends can then move our combined gold between accounts and move it over several times.

In my opinion, the gold wipe seems fair. If you want to copy your character and gold over to TBC then why would you need it on Classic? And if your gold on classic mean so much to you, just start with a blank economic slate in TBC. ^^

Yeah for sure, that's a loophole. I'd actually be on board with the fresh slate economy, it'd be way more interesting than "having" to farm for months in Classic just to get an edge in TBC. Not to mention the "value" of gold drops harshly in TBC from what I remember. What was epic flying, like 5,000 gold? Jesus that took some time.

Top Bottom