• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft Classic |OT| We're Going Home

How are everyone's wow adventures going? My druid is still at level 32 but I tried to solo shadowfang keep to farm a blue boe chest for my 25 lock for fun. Instead, I ended up getting a couple of upgrades for my druid. A blue Stam/agi ring off the 2nd or 3rd boss and a green cape off the the dog boss fenrus the devourer. After killing that boss a bunch of voidwalkers are summoned and I couldn't figure out how to kill them. I think they heal? Anyway I died and decided I had had enough fun trying to solo/farm the instance. Oh I also got a 10 slot bag off the horses toward the beginning and sent it to my lock. Now I'm back on my lock trying to level up. Got the staff that drops in deadmines (only had to roll against our poor druid healer who sadly rolled a 1). Anyway, got to 25 last night. Relevant level quests are all spread out so I've been flying back and forth between different zones to knock out the easier ones. Im working this weekend so I'll only be on in short spurts but hoping to finish a couple more things before next week.

Chiramii

Sitting on a WC Logs rating of 98.6 in Molten Core on my warlock and got the mageblade not too long ago. Currently on a loot drought on my rogue alt. Closing in on 50 General Angerforge kills and 20 Baron Rivendare kills without them even dropping the trinket and cloak respectively. My motivation is about to hit rock bottom.

Sitting on a WC Logs rating of 98.6 in Molten Core on my warlock and got the mageblade not too long ago. Currently on a loot drought on my rogue alt. Closing in on 50 General Angerforge kills and 20 Baron Rivendare kills without them even dropping the trinket and cloak respectively. My motivation is about to hit rock bottom.
Ugh that sounds absolutely awful. 50 kills and no drop is rotten luck. What is also crazy is Baron's loot table. He has like 20+ different blue items he can drop. Is that because these used to be 10 man raids?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
20 Baron Rivendare kills without them even dropping the trinket and cloak respectively.

Took me 33 for my cloak. I never actually got Truestrike shoulders before it became completely not worth bothering.

What is also crazy is Baron's loot table. He has like 20+ different blue items he can drop. Is that because these used to be 10 man raids?

Yep, pretty much; BRD, Scholo and Strat used to be 10 mans that had their caps lowered in 1.10 and the loot tables of each dungeon's respective end boss is bigger than others.

They're pooled into groups, though, so you get a certain amount of items from each pool, it's not a 1 in 20 chance for each item or whatever.

57....almost 58 now. My /played time is pretty decent for where I'm at I believe, but I just can't find the time to commit more hours. Just getting to WPL so I think these last few should go by pretty quick considering the pack of quests WPL and EPL provides.

Cignus

Neo Member
Fuckin Phase 3 today boys, hopefully the Rank 14 grinding spergs will stick to BGS so I can level... or maybe I can level in BGS, are the token turn in quests going live with this phase as well?

Fuckin Phase 3 today boys, hopefully the Rank 14 grinding spergs will stick to BGS so I can level... or maybe I can level in BGS, are the token turn in quests going live with this phase as well?
Ha yes. I've been enjoying watching people stream their world pvp sessions, but hopefully BG's give players just trying to level a break. I'm on a normal server so it doesn't really affect me.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Stick to the world, everyone who's serious about ranking is farming 7 minute AVs for outrageous honor. Gonna be a good time for herb farming too.

Cignus

Neo Member
Stick to the world, everyone who's serious about ranking is farming 7 minute AVs for outrageous honor.
flew into fucking ungoro. Ganked immediately... but not by a 60... by 3 lil bitches [53-57] like cool, I get that pvp is fun but just camping the flightpath not at max level... cmon man
also I guess there was a bug with AV and honor gains and they took servers down to hotfix? No blue post yet
Edit:

Last edited:

AV

flew into fucking ungoro. Ganked immediately... but not by a 60... by 3 lil bitches [53-57] like cool, I get that pvp is fun but just camping the flightpath not at max level... cmon man
also I guess there was a bug with AV and honor gains and they took servers down to hotfix? No blue post yet

From what I've been reading the honor gains haven't changed after the hotfix. That said, I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to nerf the shit out of it since WSG queues are fucked and Horde are earning massive amounts honor more than Allies in AV by losing on purpose.

The blinders are really coming off some people now on just how shit vanilla PVP always was.

Paasei

Don't worry, yet. I had to do 94 runs of Angerforge to get the trinket on my warrior. There's probably people around that had to run it even more often. But in my own guild I hold the record for the most unlucky soul regarding loot.

AV

is it intended that horde is supposed to earn more by losing?? I wouldn't think so...

Depends what you mean by intended - accurate? Probably. The thing about Classic WoW is it's a shakily designed 2004 game with a 2019 meta. Everyone knows how to break and abuse it to death, hence spellcleave leveling, the world PVP holocaust, warlocks and hunters being filthy rich, etc.

Chiramii

My understanding is that horde gains a little more honor with the alliance Drek rush, but alliance gain rep faster because of the AV marks from their wins.

I need AV exalted, so I can't complain. :D

Got the druid up to 36 last night. I had done Gnomer 3-4 times and never seen the pummeler drop. Turns out I was skipping the boss that drops it... I hate that place because I get lost every time. Anyway, I ran it as a dps for a change last night and had a lot of fun shape shifting to get more rage to spam swipe. Was really fun. Plus the pummeler dropped and I won the roll against another druid in the run. Later i went back to play my lock, which is still at 25 and was like meh.

Last edited:

AV

Got the druid up to 36 last night. I had done Gnomer 3-4 times and never seen the pummeler drop. Turns out I was skipping the boss that drops it... I hate that place because I get lost every time. Anyway, I ran it as a dps for a change last night and had a lot of fun shape shifting to get more rage to spam swipe. Was really fun. Plus the pummeler dropped and I won the roll against another druid in the run. Later i went back to play my lock, which is still at 25 and was like meh.

Bear in mind (haha) pummeler is only any good because of the use effect, and you only get 3 charges. That's it. Endgame druids love it because they can easily farm dozens of pummelers and use them up. As a leveling druid it's not particularly amazing.

Oh yeah, when you hit 40, don't forget to get yourself a Wolfshead Helm from a leatherworker. You'll wear that for the rest of the game when DPSing.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I'm kinda happy I don't feel the same urge anymore to no-life like crazy. I see so many people jump into AV all day now to get exalted as fast as possible! Don't they have jobs or something?

Bear in mind (haha) pummeler is only any good because of the use effect, and you only get 3 charges. That's it. Endgame druids love it because they can easily farm dozens of pummelers and use them up. As a leveling druid it's not particularly amazing.

Oh yeah, when you hit 40, don't forget to get yourself a Wolfshead Helm from a leatherworker. You'll wear that for the rest of the game when DPSing.
I'm looking forward to that helm. I need to get my leather working skill up though. Currently at around 155. I made the barbaric bracers and some gloves, the latter having already been replaced. The proc on the mace is what makes it so good, but the stats are still way better than what I was using at 36. Do you know any good macros for shapeshifting and what not? I've looked around but haven't found a whole lot.

AV

Do you know any good macros for shapeshifting and what not? I've looked around but haven't found a whole lot.

I only lazily played a druid up to 35 in Classic to make him my profession slave, so never really bothered. There's a few here that might come in handy.

Last edited:
I've been taking things easy with regard to leveling as of late. i did get the druid to 39, but am trying to farm some more gold for the mount at 40. I was watching a person's twitch stream yesterday while they were in molten core, and they had 1500 gold on them. I was like how lol. they were a mage so probably doing some serious aoe farming, but still. having even 1k gold in wow classic is a lot. For fun i started to farm shadowfang keep. Haven't gotten any blue boe drops yet, but i'm improving my resto set a bit. might switch over to the stockade or blackfathom deeps the next chance i have more than hour or less to play. Elemental fire sells for a decent amount and can be farmed from the small group of fire elementals in the arathi highlands, but it always has a lot of people trying to do the same thing and there aren't that many elementals to make it worth the competition. I guess i could also try farming scarlet monestary graveyard. i think i need to level up a new toon to 5 and raise their enchanting. So i can DE crap for extra money.

Hi all. Back from visiting family over Christmas. My druid is nearly 40 and I'm planning on getting the wolfshead helm tonight. I've been doing some reading and it appears I need to get some prereq quests out of the way first. Gotta make some turtle scale armor and then some wild leather armor. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Originally I was just going to fly to the tribal leatherworker at 40 and get the wolfshelm pattern. But I'll try and plan it out a bit better if I need to have a bunch of other items on hand before flying to feralas/thousand needles.

This place is kind of quiet. I think the wow classic hype is fading a bit. I dinged 45 on the druid yesterday and finally had enough gold to get a mount. Felt good lol. I'm finally high enough level i can do some ZF and Maraudon soon - get my carrot trinket. Gear is so-so but i've been getting some tanking gear. Also spent a bit of time trying to farm SM GY. I was able to get the rare spawn fallen champion to spawn twice, azshir the sleepless twice, and ironspine once. From them I got some caster leggings (blighted leggings), neck (ghostshard talisman), feral gloves (ebon vise), and not but not least (ironspine's eye). I also did a quest in Tanaris for a sweet armor ring (band of the great tortoise). Dire Bear form basically quadruples that plus whatever talent points are put into thick hide. I'm still having a good time leveling. I have no real goals other than to level and get gear from instances. I suppose i'll be thinking about devilsaur leggings and gauntlets once i get to 50. The one thing i've noticed is that there just isn't a lot of good feral gear that drops pre-level 45. If you look on wowhead or another site, almost all the good gear is a world zone drop or instance zone drop, or comes from rare elites within an instance. It's like c'mon! Most of my gear is crafted or from quests. I'm still using gear that you can use before level 30 lol. (wowhead dressing room - minus rings/trinkets)

Last edited:
I'm 60 and raiding. Downed Rag in under a min a half tonight. Feels good. Eagerly awaiting BWL.
Nice! At the rate i'm going it's gonna be at least another month or more before i even hit 60. I have been enjoying watching streams of MC on twitch though. Brings back memories.

Had a really good couple of nights of playing. Leveled to 46. Tanked Uldaman 3 times in a row with different people each time. Got a good druid tanking staff (20 Stam 7 strength) and on the 2nd run got the archaedic stone of eluding off last boss. (Ring with 50 armor 1% Dodge and 7 agi). Apparently the stats are random and there are 23 variations... so wowhead says a 1.8% chance for each variation to drop. A hunter rolled on it too, which is fine, but I would have been extremely bummed if I had lost the roll. We also had an epic ring of might drop on 2nd run but I didn't win that roll. To be honest, I'm extremely happy with the blue ring that I did get. So my 2 tank rings have 150 armor total and the stats mentioned above. Not bad not bad while in dire bear form. No Stam though but whatever. I'm very close to dinging 47 and plan on going into ZF several times later tonight.

Last edited:
So night before last I had my worst instance run since starting up Classic. I got into a Maraudon run and aside from various delays due to a person leaving and having to wait on another person to fill the spot, and then myself needing to run back to Nigel's Point for repairs, the healer was constantly out of mana. Maybe the dps wasn't good enough I'm not sure. I was tanking, which could of also been a problem. Regardless, it took forever and then after finally downing the last boss, the group didn't stick around to do Rotgrip, which i wanted/needed for a chance at some leather boots. On the bright side, I was able to pick up a couple of the gems off of Khans from inside the instance, even though i didn't personally have the quest yet. I went back this morning and solo'd the rest and completed the "Pariah's Instructions" quest for the Mark of the Chosen trinket. Now i'm gonna try and camp the rare spawn on the island just offshore of Booty Bay and start the quest for the 1% dodge trinket.

Reactions: AV

AV

New content incoming! In good time, too. People are really feeling the PVE drought right now.

Blackwing Lair is obviously the main attraction, but Darkmoon Faire and the class quests are also cool for more casual players.

Also nice for MC raiders to no longer have to swim to that godforsaken isle in Azshara for quints.

New content incoming! In good time, too. People are really feeling the PVE drought right now.

Blackwing Lair is obviously the main attraction, but Darkmoon Faire and the class quests are also cool for more casual players.

Also nice for MC raiders to no longer have to swim to that godforsaken isle in Azshara for quints.
Ahh very nice! I'm not even to 50 yet haha. But in all honesty I'm still loving classic. So much that I don't really mind. I look forward to getting into some really bad mc pugs and that suits me just fine. So I mentioned trying to get that rare elite on the island near booty bay. I log into wow after my night shift this morning and boom he is right in front of me. I had previously logged in the water just far away to not pull aggro. I died once or twice trying to solo the elite and also while trying to kite in water. In the end I used entangling thorns and brought him to the booty bay bruisers. Picked up the quest for the 1% Dodge trinket and just have to somehow kite nergolash back to booty bay. Tried earlier and ran out of mana while shapeshifting between travel form. Was super close but still died. At least I know I can get him to booty bays entrance.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV

AV

Ahh very nice! I'm not even to 50 yet haha. But in all honesty I'm still loving classic. So much that I don't really mind. I look forward to getting into some really bad mc pugs and that suits me just fine. So I mentioned trying to get that rare elite on the island near booty bay. I log into wow after my night shift this morning and boom he is right in front of me. I had previously logged in the water just far away to not pull aggro. I died once or twice trying to solo the elite and also while trying to kite in water. In the end I used entangling thorns and brought him to the booty bay bruisers. Picked up the quest for the 1% Dodge trinket and just have to somehow kite nergolash back to booty bay. Tried earlier and ran out of mana while shapeshifting between travel form. Was super close but still died. At least I know I can get him to booty bays entrance.

Nice work. Also the fact that you're not quite 50 is pretty great timing since the new content includes the level 50 Sunken Temple class quests: https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/sunken-temple-class-quests-classic-wow

Nice work. Also the fact that you're not quite 50 is pretty great timing since the new content includes the level 50 Sunken Temple class quests: https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/sunken-temple-class-quests-classic-wow
Ooh nice. I've also been bad. I bought the warbear harness for 18 gold. For something is close to preraid bis for tanking I figured why not. I only just got unfriendly with timbermaw hold and will have to get another 6000 rep before I can buy the pattern off them. 18g seemed pretty fair so I splurged. I'm sitting at 49 now so only need one more level before I can use it. But I'll do the sunken temple quests and get dps chest for sure. Getting closer to being able to use devilsaur gauntlets. Just got kicks I was looking at prices on the warden staff. Lol nothing less than 400g.

Edit: actually I'm thinking about scrapping leatherworking and picking up enchanting. It seems that all the big leatherworking items are boe. So I'll just buy the devilsaur hands and leggings. I'll just keep skinning to make money and level up enchanting. I want that heart of the mountain trinket which is bop sadly.

Last edited:

AV

Ooh nice. I've also been bad. I bought the warbear harness for 18 gold. For something is close to preraid bis for tanking I figured why not. I only just got unfriendly with timbermaw hold and will have to get another 6000 rep before I can buy the pattern off them. 18g seemed pretty fair so I splurged. I'm sitting at 49 now so only need one more level before I can use it. But I'll do the sunken temple quests and get dps chest for sure. Getting closer to being able to use devilsaur gauntlets. Just got kicks I was looking at prices on the warden staff. Lol nothing less than 400g.

Edit: actually I'm thinking about scrapping leatherworking and picking up enchanting. It seems that all the big leatherworking items are boe. So I'll just buy the devilsaur hands and leggings. I'll just keep skinning to make money and level up enchanting. I want that heart of the mountain trinket which is bop sadly.

Yeah I was about to say, enchanting at this point is only good for you for HotM. Get that and then swap out for something else - I'd say herbalism if you aren't doing it already, it's pure gold.

Yeah I was about to say, enchanting at this point is only good for you for HotM. Get that and then swap out for something else - I'd say herbalism if you aren't doing it already, it's pure gold.
Yep concur! I keep going back and forth on what I want to do. Now I think I'm gonna keep leatherworking until devilsaur and then drop it. I think eventually I will go to an enchanting/herbalism combo.

I looked up what I could get if I were to use mostly leatherworking boe gear through 55. This is what I came up with:

yKDW87f.png

The shoulders are the only piece not from leatherworking. Prices on my server are all over the place though. The shadowcraft belt is super cheap (5g) and there are many being sold. I saw the bracers pop up once and those we're listed for 45g. The tattered leather helm is being sold for 165g and the stoneshield cloak for 100g. I'm hoping that the next few levels I'll snag something at a cheaper price.

Last edited:

AV

Yep concur! I keep going back and forth on what I want to do. Now I think I'm gonna keep leatherworking until devilsaur and then drop it. I think eventually I will go to an enchanting/herbalism combo.

Don't forget that the pants recipe is a 1% drop from the oozes in Un'Goro. Your time might be better spend just tipping someone else for the craft.

So i really need to stop posting images from my phone. I had no idea how large it would appear on pc lol. Sorry about that. I quoted the image so it won't actually be so huge.
Don't forget that the pants recipe is a 1% drop from the oozes in Un'Goro. Your time might be better spend just tipping someone else for the craft.
Yeah i was looking at that. I'm less than 1 bar away from 50 and then i'm gonna venture into un'goro crater for the first time. I'm interested seeing at what level i can solo the lower level devilsaurs. On a different note, last night i realized i haven't even gone into searing gorge yet. I just need a good area of quests to get me through a couple of levels. I finally leveled up a level 5 alt to enchant stuff and i've already made at least 10g. So that's fun. Just so many things i wanna do and i have to focus on one or i won't get anything done.

Oh man from what i can tell based on different websites, the tattered leather helm is not very common and is not on the AH very often. There has been one on my server for the last week. Originally it was 165g. Now it's down to 95g. No lie, i would buy it straight up if i had the gold, but i'm short by about 15g. I've been farming in hopes that if it doesn't get bought soon, it will be relisted a little cheaper and i'll pull the trigger. It's the best pre-raid boe you can get for feral tanks. To get anything better i'd have to hope for a bop drop from Scholo or Strat, and both are 6-9 levels away for me. I hit 50 last night and equipped my warbear harness. I have a shadowcraft belt in my inventory that i got for 5g, but it requires level 53 i think. If all goes according to plan i'll get the tattered leather helm and then buy the shadowcraft bracers next for the 2 piece armor bonus. Then i'll start farming mats for devilsaur. So excited!

In other news, i finally ventured into the searing gorge and picked up like 15 quests all at once lol. Had to get rid of some other quests that i probably wasn't gonna do anyway. I'm gonna stay in searing gorge until 51 and then switch to un'goro crater. Then ill stay in un'goro crater until i have my devilsaur set.

Tattered leather helm and shadowcraft bracers acquired. Yay.

Just today I dropped skinning and leatherworking. It's just so time consuming and costly to level different professions up, plus to farm mats for things I want to make. In the time it takes me to do any specific task I could have made more than enough money to just buy said item off the AH and in much less time. From here on out I'm just going straight gathering professions on my druid.

Anyway, got both herbalism and mining to about 50 in under 2 hours. Of course I'm going through starting zones with no competition or fear or pulling high level mobs. But it is disheartening when I pass by thorium and even rich thorium nodes while leveling and cant mine them.

I downloaded the gathermate2 add-on and the accompanying spinx gathermate2 data pack. Works like a charm.

EDIT: Okay sorry i know i keep posting a bunch. I had a question relating to pvp. I'm 51 and wanted to start farming honor to get to rank 5. Obviously at level 51, i'm just waste of a raid spot in AV, but it's still the best place to go to get honor on a pve server. Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to hit rank 5 and how much effort would be required? Last night i was playing around for a couple of hours in AV. Only got one win the whole time, but ended up with about 99 honor kills and turned in 9 AV marks. Got the capture a GY and the capture a tower quests finished. Is playing AV every day for a short period of time enough to get to rank 5? I guess i need to wait until the reset to see where i fall on whatever day it is - Tuesday or Wednesday?

Last edited:

AV

EDIT: Okay sorry i know i keep posting a bunch. I had a question relating to pvp. I'm 51 and wanted to start farming honor to get to rank 5. Obviously at level 51, i'm just waste of a raid spot in AV, but it's still the best place to go to get honor on a pve server. Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take to hit rank 5 and how much effort would be required? Last night i was playing around for a couple of hours in AV. Only got one win the whole time, but ended up with about 99 honor kills and turned in 9 AV marks. Got the capture a GY and the capture a tower quests finished. Is playing AV every day for a short period of time enough to get to rank 5? I guess i need to wait until the reset to see where i fall on whatever day it is - Tuesday or Wednesday?

Ranking completely depends on what the other players on your server are doing, but to be honest R5 really isn't much of a big deal, you should be fine to casually AV daily and get there. It doesn't get bad until a little higher up the chain. Our GM just spent over 2 months playing all day every day for R13, it's a horrible system.

Why are you after R5 specifically? The bracers really aren't worth it. Did you mean R6 for the tabard?

Ranking completely depends on what the other players on your server are doing, but to be honest R5 really isn't much of a big deal, you should be fine to casually AV daily and get there. It doesn't get bad until a little higher up the chain. Our GM just spent over 2 months playing all day every day for R13, it's a horrible system.

Why are you after R5 specifically? The bracers really aren't worth it. Did you mean R6 for the tabard?
Thanks! I'm looking at bis gear for feral tanking and there are a few different pieces that aren't half bad. I found this old Google doc on Reddit and it's been really helpful:

Rank 4: pre raid bis neck pendant
Rank 3: pre raid bis cloak - not many things better actually
Rank 5: near bis bracers until until nax/AQ40
AV honored: nice belt - only pre raid belt better is from scholo

And that doesn't take into account that most preraid bis stuff isn't available until level 57+ instances and the pvp gear can be had at the lower levels. I'm trying to deck myself out early so I can volunteer to tank without feeling guilty for having poor gear.

I've already got the tattered leather helm, warbear harness, and shadowcraft bracers and belt (2 piece 200 armor bonus). I dinged 52 last night. Can't wait to get to 53 to use the shadowcraft belt and devilsaur gauntlets(which I'm gonna buy off AH like you suggested before). By level 55, with the devilsaur pants, I should be rocking it as a tank :D

I've taken a small break in leveling to work on leveling herbalism and mining. Want to level those up to the appropriate leveling zones that I'm in right now. Though last night I tanked sunken temple to knock out some quests and tried to get the leather shoulders. Didn't get the shoulders but I did get almost half a level of experience and consequently dinged 52.

Last edited:

AV

Thanks! I'm looking at bis gear for feral tanking and there are a few different pieces that aren't half bad. I found this old Google doc on Reddit and it's been really helpful:

Rank 4: pre raid bis neck pendant
Rank 3: pre raid bis cloak - not many things better actually
Rank 5: near bis bracers until until nax/AQ40
AV honored: nice belt - only pre raid belt better is from scholo

And that doesn't take into account that most preraid bis stuff isn't available until level 57+ instances and the pvp gear can be had at the lower levels. I'm trying to deck myself out early so I can volunteer to tank without feeling guilty for having poor gear.

I've already got the tattered leather helm, warbear harness, and shadowcraft bracers and belt (2 piece 200 armor bonus). I dinged 52 last night. Can't wait to get to 53 to use the shadowcraft belt and devilsaur gauntlets. By level 55, with the devilsaur pants, I should be rocking it as a tank :D

Fair enough, personally I wouldn't bother with grinding out R5 just for those when Blackmist Armguards are so much easier to get by just farming UBRS, which has +hit too, but I guess if you enjoy AV/the PVP meta in its current state (I really don't) then it's a valid option. I also guess that without Blackmist you could probably skip UBRS farming altogether. Keep in mind when using Taladril's sheet that keeping threat is a huge part of vanilla tanking that the "tanking" column alone doesn't take into account. Our OT is a bear and he started with a tanky set but has since been collecting his DPS gear and started experimenting with merging the two.

Gold-wise, I'd be prioritising buying your Warden Staff over literally everything, since you can already equip it and you'll never replace it. Devilsaur is nice for when you need the hit early on, but there's better tank gear overall that's easy to farm, and devilsaur leather is probably still pretty expensive / hard to farm at ~51 as a druid.

Fair enough, personally I wouldn't bother with grinding out R5 just for those when Blackmist Armguards are so much easier to get by just farming UBRS, which has +hit too, but I guess if you enjoy AV/the PVP meta in its current state (I really don't) then it's a valid option. I also guess that without Blackmist you could probably skip UBRS farming altogether. Keep in mind when using Taladril's sheet that keeping threat is a huge part of vanilla tanking that the "tanking" column alone doesn't take into account. Our OT is a bear and he started with a tanky set but has since been collecting his DPS gear and started experimenting with merging the two.

Gold-wise, I'd be prioritising buying your Warden Staff over literally everything, since you can already equip it and you'll never replace it. Devilsaur is nice for when you need the hit early on, but there's better tank gear overall that's easy to farm, and devilsaur leather is probably still pretty expensive / hard to farm at ~51 as a druid.
I like the bracers but I'll still have to wait until I'm almost 60, which might be 3-4 more weeks. I love your recommendation on working toward the warden staff. That thing is amazing. I've seen only one on the AH and it lists anywhere from 400-500g. Would probably sell for a lot more on a higher pop server. As soon as I get my mining and herbalism up to par I'll start focusing more and more on grinding gold and less about leveling since I'll hit 60 eventually and I'm not in a huge hurry atm.

Good point on the tanking gear and needing stats for building threat as well. At least in the short term, the tattered leather helm, 2 pieces of shadow craft gear, and the 2 piece devilsaur set should help. I might look at getting the mongoose boots as well.

I've been watching a steamer named Frostadamus on twitch. The guy has 22k gold in his bag right now and that doesn't account for gold he has already spent on gear, raiding, flasks, etc and other stuff. He does a lot of Dire Maul and BRD farming and it makes me cry inside a little for not leveling a mage. It's insane how efficient he can grind 100-200+ gold in even a day. He switches between his rogue and mage and does herb and thorium routes regularly. Anyway, I really want that warden staff, so I plan on farming gold as best as I can with the druid.

Last edited:

AV

I like the bracers but I'll still have to wait until I'm almost 60, which might be 3-4 more weeks. I love your recommendation on working toward the warden staff. That thing is amazing. I've seen only one on the AH and it lists anywhere from 400-500g. Would probably sell for a lot more on a higher pop server. As soon as I get my mining and herbalism up to par I'll start focusing more and more on grinding gold and less about leveling since I'll hit 60 eventually and I'm not in a huge hurry atm.

Good point on the tanking gear and needing stats for building threat as well. At least in the short term, the tattered leather helm, 2 pieces of shadow craft gear, and the 2 piece devilsaur set should help. I might look at getting the mongoose boots as well.

I've been watching a steamer named Frostadamus on twitch. The guy has 22k gold in his bag right now and that doesn't account for gold he has already spent on gear, raiding, flasks, etc and other stuff. He does a lot of Dire Maul and BRD farming and it makes me cry inside a little for not leveling a mage. It's insane how efficient he can grind 100-200+ gold in even a day. He switches between his rogue and mage and does herb and thorium routes regularly. Anyway, I really want that warden staff, so I plan on farming gold as best as I can with the druid.

Check out DM:E jump runs - you'll need a friend or two, but you have the advantage of being a tank, stealth class and miner all in one go. Each jump run nets base gold plus two rich thorium at the end - once you can mine those, each has a small chance of dropping Arcane Crystals which are used to make Arcanite bars and sell for a lot of gold.

For some solo play consider grinding around graveyards while collecting Grave Moss - this is an ingredient for Greater Shadow Protection Potions which us raiders will need in a few weeks when BWL releases.

Honestly, the quicker you get herbalism up the better, as then you can get high level herbs while finishing leveling, and these things never really go down in value. If you get lucky and run into a Black Lotus spawn that's an instant sack of gold, I've made about 400g from those alone.

AV

There will probably be a Classic+.

Highly unlikely. This topic's been raging ever since Classic was announced, but TBC is basically inevitable at this point. The work necessary to get Classic working is already done, all they need to do now is finish the work on the TBC content, which they're more than likely already doing. TBC is a known quantity; it's the most popular expansion by a landslide, people are gagging for it. It'll print money and they barely need to do any work to get it done.

So you're already splitting the playerbase 2 ways with the introduction of Classic, then 3 ways when TBC hits, because you have to separate those servers. Adding the fourth option of Classic+ is getting unreasonable at that point (especially when WOTLK Classic will probably be the final push), but the main problem is designing content with the vanilla mindset and framework. It's probably significantly harder than designing new retail content, because you have to very specifically fine tune the difficulty to be "vanilla-like" while also ensuring it's harder than Naxx. Blizzard aren't pumping money into Classic as evidenced by the overwhelming lack of GM support - d'you really think they'd dedicate an entire development team to making brand new content for vanilla? Hell, do you trust the people currently working there not to fuck it up?

I agree that TBC is basically a given at this point.

On another note, I was placed at rank 2 after a few days of AV and only for a couple hours at most each day. I am literally like 20% away from hitting rank 3. That's okay, though. With some dedicated playing this week I think I should be able to get to at least rank 4 by next Tuesday fingers crossed. I'm so anxious to replace my crappy cloak that I've had since what feels like level 30...

I also ventured into ungoro crater today and started doing quests there. I think there is a chance that I could get to level 53 later tonight, albeit a small one. As soon as I hit 53 I'm going to go back to leveling herbalism and mining. Maybe get a couple AV games before bed too.

EDIT: Dinged 53 last night and promptly equipped my shadowcraft belt for the 2-piece set bonus of 200 extra armor, and also bought and equipped the devilsaur gauntlets off the AH. Things are coming into focus. I blew through level 53 surprisingly. I just knocked out most of the quests in un'goro and that was enough. I'm gonna finish a few more quests there and then go back to Felwood and Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes. I want to go to Winterspring but need to get a couple more levels. That winterspring frostsaber will be mine. I wanted to get in some AV matches afterward, but i was so tired that i just went to sleep instead.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Highly unlikely. This topic's been raging ever since Classic was announced, but TBC is basically inevitable at this point. The work necessary to get Classic working is already done, all they need to do now is finish the work on the TBC content, which they're more than likely already doing. TBC is a known quantity; it's the most popular expansion by a landslide, people are gagging for it. It'll print money and they barely need to do any work to get it done.

So you're already splitting the playerbase 2 ways with the introduction of Classic, then 3 ways when TBC hits, because you have to separate those servers. Adding the fourth option of Classic+ is getting unreasonable at that point (especially when WOTLK Classic will probably be the final push), but the main problem is designing content with the vanilla mindset and framework. It's probably significantly harder than designing new retail content, because you have to very specifically fine tune the difficulty to be "vanilla-like" while also ensuring it's harder than Naxx. Blizzard aren't pumping money into Classic as evidenced by the overwhelming lack of GM support - d'you really think they'd dedicate an entire development team to making brand new content for vanilla? Hell, do you trust the people currently working there not to fuck it up?

That's what I mean. They'll call it TBC or Classic+. I doubt they'll call it TBC since the naming convention has changed. Classic+ makes more sense to me.

Top Bottom