• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft Classic |OT| We're Going Home

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
That's what I mean. They'll call it TBC or Classic+. I doubt they'll call it TBC since the naming convention has changed. Classic+ makes more sense to me.

Ahh, right. Nah, it'll be Burning Crusade Classic I think. "Classic+" as a concept already has a life of its own online, people have been fantasizing and theorizing since the day they announced regular old Classic.

I've been saying it for a while but I think they'll announce TBC Classic at Blizzcon 2020 for release once Naxx has been out for a little while. We'll have BWL in just under 6 months since launch so I can imagine P6 rolling around at the end of the year.

Ahh, right. Nah, it'll be Burning Crusade Classic I think. "Classic+" as a concept already has a life of its own online, people have been fantasizing and theorizing since the day they announced regular old Classic.

I've been saying it for a while but I think they'll announce TBC Classic at Blizzcon 2020 for release once Naxx has been out for a little while. We'll have BWL in just under 6 months since launch so I can imagine P6 rolling around at the end of the year.
I hope they give Naxx a proper amount of time in Classic. Blizzard put out TBC too soon imo. Which basically made a lot of guilds unmotivated to even try Naxx, knowing gear would be irrelevant pretty quickly with TBC. The guild leader of the guild i was in was adamant about finishing AQ40 first before Naxx. We downed Twin Emps but never even attempted C'thun. There was a lot of division created in the guild because many wanted to do Naxx before TBC released and ultimately the guild fell apart as a result, and we never attempted Naxx. Though I did experience Naxx in the Wrath expansion and thought it was amazing. So i'm really excited to do both AQ40 and Naxx in Classic. I also never experienced the opening of the gates. I think by the time AQ40 and Naxx release as part of phase 5 I'll finally be in a guild. I've been avoiding guilds lately just because I don't have the time to commit to raiding and I don't want to feel obligated to do other things on my limited schedule.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I hope they give Naxx a proper amount of time in Classic. Blizzard put out TBC too soon imo. Which basically made a lot of guilds unmotivated to even try Naxx, knowing gear would be irrelevant pretty quickly with TBC. The guild leader of the guild i was in was adamant about finishing AQ40 first before Naxx. We downed Twin Emps but never even attempted C'thun. There was a lot of division created in the guild because many wanted to do Naxx before TBC released and ultimately the guild fell apart as a result, and we never attempted Naxx. Though I did experience Naxx in the Wrath expansion and thought it was amazing. So i'm really excited to do both AQ40 and Naxx in Classic. I also never experienced the opening of the gates. I think by the time AQ40 and Naxx release as part of phase 5 I'll finally be in a guild. I've been avoiding guilds lately just because I don't have the time to commit to raiding and I don't want to feel obligated to do other things on my limited schedule.

Assuming TBC Classic is coming, Naxx won't have anywhere near the same amount of time as it did in vanilla. It was actually out for 6 months. There will be guilds in Classic that clear Naxx in a few hours.

Time and experience is the main difference, but it also helps that Classic servers (you would assume) won't be upgraded to TBC, so there's no fear of the gear becoming "outdated". Yeah, people will move to TBC servers but their level 60 toons will still on on Classic servers. They could potentially still do Naxx every week or every so often there, while at the same time leveling their TBC characters. The potential preservation of the current servers means that Naxx will be the "latest content" on those servers forever, which is a neat thought.

Assuming TBC Classic is coming, Naxx won't have anywhere near the same amount of time as it did in vanilla. It was actually out for 6 months. There will be guilds in Classic that clear Naxx in a few hours.

Time and experience is the main difference, but it also helps that Classic servers (you would assume) won't be upgraded to TBC, so there's no fear of the gear becoming "outdated". Yeah, people will move to TBC servers but their level 60 toons will still on on Classic servers. They could potentially still do Naxx every week or every so often there, while at the same time leveling their TBC characters. The potential preservation of the current servers means that Naxx will be the "latest content" on those servers forever, which is a neat thought.
Do you know how that will work if TBC is on a different server than Classic? Does that mean players won't be able to go back and forth between Outland and Azeroth? I assumed Blizzard would treat it the same way they did with the original game and just add TBC to the Classic Servers. I don't like the idea of switching to TBC and having it separate from Classic. Almost kills some of my interest.

EDIT: i think my brain isn't working this morning. TBC will have everything but it will be a separate server from Classic. But I assume our 60 toons and alts will carry over to the newer TBC Classic server?

Last edited:

AV

Do you know how that will work if TBC is on a different server than Classic? Does that mean players won't be able to go back and forth between Outland and Azeroth? I assumed Blizzard would treat it the same way they did with the original game and just add TBC to the Classic Servers. I don't like the idea of switching to TBC and having it separate from Classic. Almost kills some of my interest.

Well, no-one actually knows, but the idea of them simply upgrading the Classic servers is crazy, because that just begins the cycle anew. You'd immediately have the people who aren't interested in TBC begging for Classic servers again. Then if they wanted to do WotLK they'd be leaving BOTH vanilla and TBC players no option. There's no way in hell they'd do it that way, they're just throwing away free money for nothing.

I imagine it'll just be one-way character copies to the new servers, and I would speculate that they'll create "server groups" so that the pools of people transferring are big enough, since not everyone on the server will want to go.

Well, no-one actually knows, but the idea of them simply upgrading the Classic servers is crazy, because that just begins the cycle anew. You'd immediately have the people who aren't interested in TBC begging for Classic servers again. Then if they wanted to do WotLK they'd be leaving BOTH vanilla and TBC players no option. There's no way in hell they'd do it that way, they're just throwing away free money for nothing.

I imagine it'll just be one-way character copies to the new servers, and I would speculate that they'll create "server groups" so that the pools of people transferring are big enough, since not everyone on the server will want to go.
Interesting. That does make sense though. I have to be honest. I was looking forward to the progression of Classic to TBC and doing the cycle all over again. I think many people will be thinking similarly. But I hadn't considered those that want to remain in Classic "forever" for lack of a better word. So those of us that want to continue onward can opt to do TBC. Sorry for the confusion. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Last edited:

AV

Interesting. That does make sense though. I have to be honest. I was looking forward to the progression of Classic to TBC and doing the cycle all over again. I think many people will be thinking similarly. But I hadn't considered those that want to remain in Classic "forever" for lack of a better word. So those of us that want to continue onward can opt to do TBC. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, me too, but it has to be on new servers for that very reason. Hell, I'd even happily play a TBC Classic server 1-70 if there wasn't a transfer option but I don't see that happening, they'd lose a lot of business from people who just want to get straight into Outland.

Thankfully we can actually realistically expect TBC and prepare accordingly. I want my choice of 60s going in.

AV

AV updates incoming:

tl;dr: you can queue as a 5-man for AV, and diminishing returns on repeat player kills reduced from 25% to 10%

Thank god. This means that you can actually enjoy AV with your friends, but more importantly it seems like it'll make WSG viable for ranking, since you won't get hit super hard with DR any more while you kill the same 10 players.

AV updates incoming:

tl;dr: you can queue as a 5-man for AV, and diminishing returns on repeat player kills reduced from 25% to 10%

Thank god. This means that you can actually enjoy AV with your friends, but more importantly it seems like it'll make WSG viable for ranking, since you won't get hit super hard with DR any more while you kill the same 10 players.
YEsssss! I'm all for it. I don't know if it will completely stop the premade bs as they'll probably find other ways around the new changes. But i'm grateful blizzard is trying. Most thought blizzard would just let it slide because blizzard.

I love the removal of numbers from the queues and preventing games from starting when there are less than 20 players. I'm sure there will still be many issues, but it's a step in the right direction.
  • Alterac Valley will now allow parties of up to 5 players to queue together. When a party queues together, they will be placed into the same battleground.
  • There will no longer be a number in the name of the battleground in the “Join Battle” screen.
  • We’re fixing a setting that allowed the battleground to start with as few as 20 players on a team.

AV

YEsssss! I'm all for it. I don't know if it will completely stop the premade bs as they'll probably find other ways around the new changes. But i'm grateful blizzard is trying. Most thought blizzard would just let it slide because blizzard.

I love the removal of numbers from the queues and preventing games from starting when there are less than 20 players. I'm sure there will still be many issues, but it's a step in the right direction.

The main problem now, that I think they'll quickly realise and change, is that the honor diminishing returns reduction applies globally. Which means that if you were getting camped 4 times in a row in the open world before, it's now going to be 10 times in a row.

The main problem now, that I think they'll quickly realise and change, is that the honor diminishing returns reduction applies globally. Which means that if you were getting camped 4 times in a row in the open world before, it's now going to be 10 times in a row.
Yeah that kinda sucks. Im still glad I rolled on a pve server. Hopefully they won't be afraid or hesitant to make additional changes if needed.

Edit: I spent last night continuing my herbalism/mining grind. I got both to about 205. Getting closer to being able to mine thorium and the higher level herbs. As a result though I've made no progress through level 53 yet. I did do 3 av games. First was long and bad and got almost no honor. 2nd was bad but I joined mid game and didn't suffer for long. The 3rd was much better even though it was a pug and alliance got 1900 honor before horde eventually won. Better than nothing. Haven't won an av game in a week... I'm just running around in bear form pretending I'm level 60. About my only contribution to fights is leader of the pack, faerie fire, dash and my one ultra long cd stun in bash. Still it's quite fun. I'll buff people on the fly with Mark of the wild too. I think tonight I'm gonna try and pop nature's grasp more often and try and get people stuck.

Last edited:
250 level herbalism and mining reached. I love Tanaris. Very straight forward routes, open terrain and lighted well. I tried the hinterlands but it was awful (dark, trees and hills everywhere, high mob density and you can't see the mobs very well, especially the strealthed wolves). So I went back to Tanaris. I really need to focus herbalism up to 270 so I can gather both dreamfoil and golden sansem. Tonight I should be able to play for a bit. I'm gonna try and hit level 54 and 55. The latter is unlikely but it's time to grind. I think I'll finish out ungoro crater and then head back to felwood, maybe the blasted lands.

Edit: last night was a great success. I was able to get my herbalism skill up to 300. Now I'm ready for black lotus should I ever actually encounter one. Plus my mining skill is now above 290. After hearthing back to SW from ungoro crater and after cleaning out my bags, I flew to the burning steppes and started doing rounds. I know it was purely luck but I ended up with 2 arcane crystals within the first hour. After that I didn't see any more. Then I switched over to azshara to see if the farming would be a little bit easier. I like the zone but the problem is that the terrain is split between really high cliffs, the beaches below and then a lot of water. And there aren't many easy ways to get to the top and back down. While it was much less crowded and I did find several rich thorium deposits, burning steppes was far easier to farm. I'm still level 53 but was able to avoid most high level mobs there. The last thing I did was go to winterspring and pick up the flight path. I did try and do a little exploring there also but I'm just far too low level right now for that zone. Oh yeah got 3 painful games of av in too. We will see where I end up with the new standings. I should be rank 3 no problem. If I'm lucky maybe rank 4.

EDIT 2: New rankings came out yesterday and I was only 20% of the way through Rank 3. I did purchase my cloak with 90+ armor and much more stam so that was good. Looks like i'm gonna have to put more effort into AV if i'm going to get higher lol. On the other hand, i have just over 200g at level 53 and am halfway to to getting my warden staff. So i'm gonna do some serious farming tonight and tomorrow night and perhaps i can make the remaining 200g. Gonna be glorious doing AV at level 54 running around with the warden staff lol.

Last edited:

AV

I tried the hinterlands but it was awful (dark, trees and hills everywhere, high mob density and you can't see the mobs very well, especially the strealthed wolves).

Thought I'd responded to this and hadn't, oops. You're gonna wanna do those elite Hinterlands quests, big XP and a fantastic cat/bear-threat trinket up for grabs. Bear in mind that they're legitimately harder than leveling dungeons, so make sure you have a solid group with an hour to spare.

Thought I'd responded to this and hadn't, oops. You're gonna wanna do those elite Hinterlands quests, big XP and a fantastic cat/bear-threat trinket up for grabs. Bear in mind that they're legitimately harder than leveling dungeons, so make sure you have a solid group with an hour to spare.
Thanks for the heads up. I did start some quests in the hinterlands but haven't finished them all. I still need to save sharpbeak among others.

I spent all last night farming thorium deposits and herbs. I kept going back to the burning steppes thinking that would be the best spot, but it was always way too crowded. And so I'd quickly port back to moonglade and fly to azshara. Which turned out to be a much better grind. It's sprawled out enough to support more people. Anyway, I spent half the night farming nodes before I got one arcane crystal. And then right before I logged this morning, still having found only one arcane crystal, one more node ended up giving me not one but 2 more arcane crystals plus a large opal. I was shocked. So it kind of salvaged the night. That and I got a fair share of herbs, particularly dreamfoil, sungrass and mountain silversage. If I can sell them today I might be close to getting the warden staff.

I love the area in azshara with timbermaw mobs since they don't attack. And each of their camps can have a solid chest to open. I must have opened 10 chests or more. No greens, no blues, but I did get quite a few health and Mana pots from them as well as some grey vendor items. We will see how tonight goes. I have one more night off before I have to work Friday Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

AV

Thanks for the heads up. I did start some quests in the hinterlands but haven't finished them all. I still need to save sharpbeak among others.

I spent all last night farming thorium deposits and herbs. I kept going back to the burning steppes thinking that would be the best spot, but it was always way too crowded. And so I'd quickly port back to moonglade and fly to azshara. Which turned out to be a much better grind. It's sprawled out enough to support more people. Anyway, I spent half the night farming nodes before I got one arcane crystal. And then right before I logged this morning, still having found only one arcane crystal, one more node ended up giving me not one but 2 more arcane crystals plus a large opal. I was shocked. So it kind of salvaged the night. That and I got a fair share of herbs, particularly dreamfoil, sungrass and mountain silversage. If I can sell them today I might be close to getting the warden staff.

I love the area in azshara with timbermaw mobs since they don't attack. And each of their camps can have a solid chest to open. I must have opened 10 chests or more. No greens, no blues, but I did get quite a few health and Mana pots from them as well as some grey vendor items. We will see how tonight goes. I have one more night off before I have to work Friday Saturday and Sunday. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Nice job, the herbs will definitely go, Dreamfoil and Silversage are always in demand. Sungrass not so much. Strongly recommend you check out the Black Lotus spawns in Burning Steppes, Winterspring, EPL and Silithus, and do a circuit of those positions every time you're in one of those zones. One lotus is 100+ gold and boy does it feel good getting one. I've had plenty simply by doing quick circuits when I visit those zones, you just have to be lucky, but you'll always find other herbs to make up for the times when you aren't.

Isaak

Neo Member
Do people actually want TBC, WotLK etc. tacked on Classic? I stopped playing WoW back in the day because the expansions with their level cap increases and gated content made the game world feel dead.
At what point would it stop being "Classic" and start being "slightly delayed content"?

Last edited:
i would prefer to stay at 60 and have no content added to azeroth, the raid in wetlands that was added in one of the expansions, tol barad it was called iirc... id rather not do the TBC and wotlk again.

AV

Do people actually want TBC, WotLK etc. tacked on Classic? I stopped playing WoW back in the day because the expansions with their level cap increases and gated content made the game world feel dead.
At what point would it stop being "Classic" and start being "slightly delayed content"?

Oh god yeah. People will go nucking futs for TBC. By far the most popular expansion, sure it had its flaws like you say (and flying effectively killing world PVP) but the positives massively outweigh the negatives. It's arguably a better video game overall with the amount of specs that actually become viable, better raids, more solo content, harder dungeons, arena, etc. I'm all in for TBC, I'd take 2 weeks off work for it. Again though, it will be separate servers to vanilla Classic.

Wrath... eh. Hard to say. Vanilla > TBC > Wrath is a great trilogy with a solid ending in killing Arthas (forget RS) but at that point you're splitting the player base 4 ways. Also Wrath was when the game peaked subscriber-wise, it was all downhill after that. Who knows.

lefty1117

Gold Member
Rolled a new toon on Herod last night, the starter area and elwynn was a ghost town. This was the only concern I had with the classic model where you only see people on your server. Everything else, the difficulty, trainers being actual trainers again, the original zone design, etc., I love it. But I do miss the larger social aspect. But we wanted classic so...

Rolled a new toon on Herod last night, the starter area and elwynn was a ghost town. This was the only concern I had with the classic model where you only see people on your server. Everything else, the difficulty, trainers being actual trainers again, the original zone design, etc., I love it. But I do miss the larger social aspect. But we wanted classic so...
Sorry but X-realm servers is what killed the social aspect of wow for most people, i would hate xrealm to be brought into classic wow (it sucks right now in the BG`s even.

I do. TBC was a lot of fun for me. I think I'm okay with Blizz waiting until 2021 though to release it again.
That's interesting because Herod is one of the higher pop servers if I'm not mistaken. Did you roll horde or alliance? Like if you rolled a gnome or dwarf toon, Dun Morough is pretty empty on myzrael. But my server has considerably less players too.

AV

Rolled Alliance, actually it was Thalnos not Herod

That's why, even though the census data is choppy at best, Thalnos Alliance is dead. It's worth asking online communities like /r/classicwow before you start on a server to see how it's doing. You'd find a hell of a lot more people on Herod for sure.

Sadness... I've checked the AH for the last month almost every single day, and there has always been 1-2 warden staffs just sitting there for around 400g. Day before yesterday, there was one that was the lowest i've seen on my server (350g bid / 380g buyout). But i still didn't have enough money to buy it unfortunately as i was waiting on my arcane crystals to sell. Fast forward to yesterday/last night and i finally have over 450g. Go to AH and the warden staff is gone. Nothing. Today? Nothing. Nada. You just can't make this stuff up lol. I spent the last month changing professions and grinding hard when i had the chance, and literally the day i get 400+ gold there is nothing after having seen 1-2 warden staffs on the AH every. single. day. So depressing. I know there will be more, but what a bummer. Then people were selling Devilsaur leggings for 65+ gold and even though I hit level 55 last night, i was like eff that I'm waiting until it's cheaper.

The good news is that i made more money in basically a week than i had my entire leveling experience to 53. So I'll just keep grinding lol.

Last edited:
Everyone is watching this superbowl halftime show with half naked J-Lo and Shakira, but i'm just sitting here wondering if i should pay 450g for the warden staff or bid on it for 400g and hope no one else does too. After a few days a staff finally showed up on the AH lol.

Last edited:
It took some patience but I finally have the warden staff. I ended up just bidding on the one in the AH today for 403g and no one else outbid me. Probably more expensive than most servers but I've only seen one go for less than 400g once. I also picked up the devilsaur leggings for 55g and now have the 2 piece bonus. Very pleased. I think I want to go into ST and try and farm the leather shoulders off the mini bosses. Might get to level 56 first. For being level 55, I'm about as decked out as you can get for tanking. Once I hit 56 I will start doing BRD runs to hopefully get the warstrife leggings and the naglering ring.

EDIT: Hey all. I'm sitting at level 56 right now. I went to Azshara last night to to do a little herb and ore farming. I haven't been able to find a lot of rich thorium nodes due to competition, but I've gotten several stacks of dreamfoil and mountain silversage. Then I logged in again this morning before work and off the 2nd naga i killed the freezing band dropped. Things don't sell quite as high on my server but i'm hoping i can get at least 200g out of it. Didn't have time to check the AH prices because i needed to leave for work early today. We have a snowstorm moving through Oklahoma and it took a little longer than normal to do the commute. Anyway, from personal experience, i feel like I've always gotten one epic world drop from leveling 1-60. On my very first toon in vanilla I got robes of insight to drop and eventually the glowing brightwood staff, but the latter was a somewhat intentional grind to try and get drops post hitting level 60.

Last edited:
Reactions: AV
Freezing band sold for 500g. I only got 475g in the mail. I suppose the missing 25g is the AH cut? Anyway, I'm sitting near 700g at a fresh level 57. That puts me in really good shape to be able to purchase epic riding and epic mount as soon as I ding 60. Complete opposite of when it took me 5 extra levels before I could afford non epic riding. I believe I'm in good shape to start tanking BRD or could wait another level. Is it recommended to wait until 60 to do stratholme living side?

If anyone wants to play real vanilla on an accurately aged / dead vanilla server :p I've got like, 4 60s on the Kronos private servers who i put years of my life in to and who now lay dormant.. might be interested in talking about giving away the login deets to the right person, on some of them at least

Last edited:

AV

Freezing band sold for 500g. I only got 475g in the mail. I suppose the missing 25g is the AH cut? Anyway, I'm sitting near 700g at a fresh level 57. That puts me in really good shape to be able to purchase epic riding and epic mount as soon as I ding 60. Complete opposite of when it took me 5 extra levels before I could afford non epic riding. I believe I'm in good shape to start tanking BRD or could wait another level. Is it recommended to wait until 60 to do stratholme living side?

Cognrats on getting/selling Band, that's huge. For Strat I would wait simply because people will be used to running Strat all day every day with fully decked out MC tanks, not 57s.

Our guild's final push before BWL ended in a 27:23 Molten Core speedrun. Very happy right now! - https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b8jmpkHYdznXZQMx#boss=-3&difficulty=0

#21 world.

Nice, congrats! Quite a coincidence that you're a GOONS member, we're on the same server, I'm in <Trouble> on the Horde side. I think some of our guys are in cahoots with you lot on the Discord.

Last edited:

Chiramii

Nice, congrats! Quite a coincidence that you're a GOONS member, we're on the same server, I'm in <Trouble> on the Horde side. I think some of our guys are in cahoots with you lot on the Discord.
Oh dang, hello there! Razorgore has had its fair share of drama the past few weeks for sure. But hey, we're not the guild colluding with the opposite faction to defend our Molten Core time. Give me a /poke if you ever see me out and about! ❤

• Love
Our guild's final push before BWL ended in a 27:23 Molten Core speedrun. Very happy right now! - https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b8jmpkHYdznXZQMx#boss=-3&difficulty=0

#21 world.
Wut?!? That is stupid fast lol. Grats.

Cognrats on getting/selling Band, that's huge. For Strat I would wait simply because people will be used to running Strat all day every day with fully decked out MC tanks, not 57s.
Thanks! I managed to hit 58 last night. Went straight to SW and bought the full version of the pvp amulet. I haven't done AV in over a week. Might lose my rank 3, which would stink since I might ding 60 this week and would love to have the extra 10% mount discount. Either way I'm happy. In the plaguelands i progressed through the quest chain up to the battle of darrowshire. So now all I have to do is wait until a group is forming up and join in to get the ring or protection quest reward.

Also, i've been putting off trying to solo the sunken temple mini bosses because I wasn't sure if I could handle it or not. But I think tonight I'm gonna take a stab at it and try and get some leather shoulders to drop.

Other than that it's time to hit up BRD a bunch. Now that I'm 58 people won't feel uncomfortable grouping up with me when I'm tanking. Anger golem runs here I come!

Last edited:

AV

Wut?!? That is stupid fast lol. Grats.

Thanks! I managed to hit 58 last night. Went straight to SW and bought the full version of the pvp amulet. I haven't done AV in over a week. Might lose my rank 3, which would stink since I might ding 60 this week and would love to have the extra 10% mount discount. Either way I'm happy. In the plaguelands i progressed through the quest chain up to the battle of darrowshire. So now all I have to do is wait until a group is forming up and join in to get the ring or protection quest reward.

Also, i've been putting off trying to solo the sunken temple mini bosses because I wasn't sure if I could handle it or not. But I think tonight I'm gonna take a stab at it and try and get some leather shoulders to drop.

Other than that it's time to hit up BRD a bunch. Now that I'm 58 people won't feel uncomfortable grouping up with me when I'm tanking. Anger golem runs here I come!

Bear in mind, there's an AV exalted mount which is even cheaper that the standard one. I think with both discounts it's like 640g. Ram or wolf depending on which side you're on. AV exalted doesn't take long at all and also comes with Don Julio's Band which is sick.

Bear in mind, there's an AV exalted mount which is even cheaper that the standard one. I think with both discounts it's like 640g. Ram or wolf depending on which side you're on. AV exalted doesn't take long at all and also comes with Don Julio's Band which is sick.
I'm not a big fan of the Rams but, even if I was, AV matches for alliance on my server are downright painful. I haven't tried since blizzard implemented changes to the queue system, but I'm not even honored right now. I want Don's dps ring and the exalted Dodge trinket but have little motivation to do AV at the moment.

On another note... Holy balls the drop rate on the sunken temple leather shoulders is bad. I went in and cleared 4 of the 6 bosses 4 times in a row and didn't see single blue drop (cloth or leather). Then I did one more clear doing 5 of 6 bosses and still nothing. Yikes. I had the ony buff from SW so figured id give it a whirl. Not sure if I want to go back until I have another buff. Used a lot of health and Mana pots at 58. No wipes though so I guess that is good lol. I'm not specc'd into nature's swiftness though I could see where that would help a ton.

Edit: well I'm stubborn. I've had my toon camped at the entrance of ST since yesterday. Whenever I have a few I'll go in and clear some bosses. I learned that I can do the bosses without additional buffs or pots, but I just need to be more careful and take it slow (mostly in bear form). So since yesterday I finally got one spaulder to drop and it was the "of the Owl" version (spirit/int)... Bleah. And then I got two cloth gloves to drop. So because I'm stubborn I'm just going to sit in ST and keep clearing bosses whenever I have a few minutes until I finally get the shoulders to drop with useful stats.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Good morning all. I spent much of my free time yesterday clearing mini bosses in ST and still have nothing to show for it. The gloves have dropped for me about 6 times, but still only one shoulder piece with unhelpful stats on it. I know it's rng but id argue the droprate on those things are less than the 4-5% shown on wowhead. Do you ever reach those moments where you're so sick of farming for something but have already invested so much time that you refuse to stop? That's where I'm at lol. Starting to wonder if I should have spent the time getting to level 59 instead. Doh

AV

Good morning all. I spent much of my free time yesterday clearing mini bosses in ST and still have nothing to show for it. The gloves have dropped for me about 6 times, but still only one shoulder piece with unhelpful stats on it. I know it's rng but id argue the droprate on those things are less than the 4-5% shown on wowhead. Do you ever reach those moments where you're so sick of farming for something but have already invested so much time that you refuse to stop? That's where I'm at lol. Starting to wonder if I should have spent the time getting to level 59 instead. Doh

I would stop, I wouldn't have said it was ever worth it - yes, they're BiS techinically, but the drop rate is obnoxiously low and then you need the correct stats. It's the same for Warlocks in ST and their shadow power Drakestones, people do it thousands of times.

You should just to Jed/Rend runs of UBRS for Truestrike Shoulders, the hit% will make such a massive difference in threat generation. Most of the healers at endgame now are fully MC decked out, I wouldn't worry as much about your survival as you should on keeping aggro.

Just go hit 60, that should be priority #1.

I would stop, I wouldn't have said it was ever worth it - yes, they're BiS techinically, but the drop rate is obnoxiously low and then you need the correct stats. It's the same for Warlocks in ST and their shadow power Drakestones, people do it thousands of times.

You should just to Jed/Rend runs of UBRS for Truestrike Shoulders, the hit% will make such a massive difference in threat generation. Most of the healers at endgame now are fully MC decked out, I wouldn't worry as much about your survival as you should on keeping aggro.

Just go hit 60, that should be priority #1.
Thanks but there is still the stubborn side of me that wants to keep trying lol. Today I got the mail chest piece to drop which is supposed to be like a 2% drop... Though the stats were garbage. Basically an increase to nature spell damage. I guess something a shaman might wear? If I get another spaulder with terrible stats I might finally quit but we'll see

Edit: apparently wowdb has the spaulders of the monkey droprate at 0.8%. that is much closer to what I seem to be experiencing. Still that isn't impossible. Roughly 120 kills give or take a billion. But id say I have gotten close to 80 thus far, maybe more. I only do 4 of the 6 bosses but I know I've cleared them at least 15-20 times thus far.

Last edited:

celsowmbr

Banned
hehehe

qV3C3Rs.png

AV

Thanks but there is still the stubborn side of me that wants to keep trying lol. Today I got the mail chest piece to drop which is supposed to be like a 2% drop... Though the stats were garbage. Basically an increase to nature spell damage. I guess something a shaman might wear? If I get another spaulder with terrible stats I might finally quit but we'll see

Edit: apparently wowdb has the spaulders of the monkey droprate at 0.8%. that is much closer to what I seem to be experiencing. Still that isn't impossible. Roughly 120 kills give or take a billion. But id say I have gotten close to 80 thus far, maybe more. I only do 4 of the 6 bosses but I know I've cleared them at least 15-20 times thus far.

Fair enough, that's the feeling that keeps WoW players coming back, best of luck. Just bear in mind that phase 3 is fully out now so they aren't even your BiS shoulders, these are via leatherworking and Argent Dawn revered: https://classicdb.ch/?item=19058

Tip for Argent Dawn (you'll probably want the rep either way), if you ever want to hit exalted, DO NOT turn in your scourgestones until you're revered as they're the most useful at that point.

They are always watching! 🤣
Fair enough, that's the feeling that keeps WoW players coming back, best of luck. Just bear in mind that phase 3 is fully out now so they aren't even your BiS shoulders, these are via leatherworking and Argent Dawn revered: https://classicdb.ch/?item=19058

Tip for Argent Dawn (you'll probably want the rep either way), if you ever want to hit exalted, DO NOT turn in your scourgestones until you're revered as they're the most useful at that point.
I did go back for another hour and a half last night. Finally got another pair to drop, this time Stam/spirit... I really wanted of the monkey or of the bear, but of the whale will have to do. I was annoyed at first, really annoyed (wowhead says the Stam/agi ones are the most common variation - 25% while everything else is 15% or lower, so of course I get different ones) but I think I'm ready to move on. I was looking at my exp and noticed I'm almost halfway through 58 lol. Most of that was from grinding ST. I should have no problem hitting 59 by next week. Then it's a race to 60.

Small update from last night. I dinged 59 and immediately went to bed. It's the final countdown! I can taste that epic mount :messenger_savoring:

Last edited:
Saw this on Reddit lol (credit: u/the_lost_jedi)

dkccbsfprtf41.jpg

Edit: last night was good. Really good. Still 59 but got into a Battle of Darrowshire group and acquired the Ring of Protection. They did Blightcaller first, which I didn't have the quesr, but was worth it. The exp was also generous. Right now I'm just under halfway through 59. For some reason I remember leveling through the last five levels in vanilla taking a lot longer. I've been doing 1-2 hour spurts which doesn't afford me enough to do a BRD run. I have a ton of BRD quests though.

Last edited:

AV

My guild was over prepared for BWL. We 1 shotted Nefarian on Thursday. We got the server's first Thunderfury tonight. Next week we should have a second Thunderfury.

Nice work! We're about halfway done with our Thunderfury Arcanite, then we still need another Garr binding for the second.

We had our first BWL last night and it went well considering 90% of us have never been in there. Fucked around on Razorgore for too long for some reason, nobody can really explain why it took so long when we then proceeded to two-shot Vael and Lashlayer. Had a crack at Firemaw but raid time was up before we nailed it. Back in tomorrow to clean up the easy dragons and hopefully Chrom/Nef.

Really fun raid so far, makes a very welcome change from the endless trash of MC. Feels good having some important jobs as a hunter, namely mob management on Razorgore and kiting some of the nasty trash mobs around that room with the two ramps, that was fun.

^^^^ Very cool stuff!

I don't know if BWL will ever be puggable, so I'll be waiting for ZG and AQ20 to come out in phases 4 & 5. While not as exciting as BWL I did ding 60 last night. Doing some quests in Silithus was enough to put me over the top. Went straight to Darnassus and picked up my epic mount. Now I can actually compete with herb and thorium farmers lol.

AV

I don't know if BWL will ever be puggable, so I'll be waiting for ZG and AQ20 to come out in phases 4 & 5. While not as exciting as BWL I did ding 60 last night. Doing some quests in Silithus was enough to put me over the top. Went straight to Darnassus and picked up my epic mount. Now I can actually compete with herb and thorium farmers lol.

Big congrats on 60! Must feel good getting there and immediately having your 100% mount, those of us that hit 60 within the first month were, for the most part, stuck on slow mounts for a little while thereafter.

If you haven't, you should also pick up a cheap pair of gloves and get the riding speed enchant, and a cheap pair of boots to put some Mithril spurs on (a blacksmith has to attach these for you). In conjunction with your carrot on a stick, it's something like a 10% extra boost which feels huge. Do not skip this, it can and will save your life and let you beat others to resources. There's plenty of macros around for switching out to your riding gears set and back.

Last edited:
Big congrats on 60! Must feel good getting there and immediately having your 100% mount, those of us that hit 60 within the first month were, for the most part, stuck on slow mounts for a little while thereafter.

If you haven't, you should also pick up a cheap pair of gloves and get the riding speed enchant, and a cheap pair of boots to put some Mithril spurs on (a blacksmith has to attach these for you). In conjunction with your carrot on a stick, it's something like a 10% extra boost which feels huge. Do not skip this, it can and will save your life and let you beat others to resources. There's plenty of macros around for switching out to your riding gears set and back.
100% riding speed is glorious. I have mithril spurs on a cheap green plus the carrot on a stick. Haven't done the glove enchant though.

Speaking of getting beaten to resources, I had the most frustrating encounter last night. I had never seen a black lotus spawn in classic until last night. Unfortunately it was in the burning steppes and in a bad spot with multiple elites. I sleeped the wrong mob, the one that was slightly further away, and then tried to use entangling roots on the other. Only it was a caster and kept interrupting my gathering. A player from the other faction comes in while I'm looting and steals it. I'm still fuming about it. I know there are no rules regarding herb and mining nodes, but that is just rude. And it's a player I see farming all the time. They literally run laps in burning steppes every day. So you know it wasn't some imperative need to get it. What a dbag. My server is pve so there was nothing I could do. The worst part is that I forgot I have the soothe ability and that probably would have done the trick before anyone else even got there.

So that basically spoiled an otherwise good night. I off-tanked ubrs. Got ony attunement finished and got my armor trinket from the quest to kill drakk. I tanked strat live but the ash covered boots didn't drop. Then right before logging I tanked a full BRD run and finished my mc attunement quest. Had a good pug and we finished the run in about 45 min. Still no sign of naglering or the warstrife leggings but they will come.

Also got another arcane crystal from an ooze covered thorium node in Silithus.

Well I did it. Last night I dropped herbalism and started the enchanting grind. Currently sitting in Uldaman and up to level 230. I have the heart of the mountain trinket recipe from BRD and need to get to 265. That shouldn't be a problem tonight. The problem is that I started with only 35g and now i have 90 silver left from buying enchant recipes. Out of all the enchanting dusts, soul dust was the hardest to get. Not much on the AH and I was having trouble with farming greens to disenchant. Went to gnomeregan and was getting 3-5 dusts off the boss that drops the manual crowd pummeler. He usually drops a green but did get one extra pummeler with fresh charges. My problem tonight will be getting heart of the mountain from dark irok nodes. Normally Id just buy it. Gonna have to grind some gold out real quick and then a BRD run to get to the dark iron forge. After that I'm dropping enchanting and going back to herbalism lol.

Oh one other thing and the reason I'm truly broke is that I bought up some lava cores. Had a person make me the lava belt. After I get the trinket I think I might grind argent Dawn rep for the subterfuge bracers.

Edit: got order must be restored with a questionable group. Thankfully we had 15 players and Nathan was killed before the wipe lol. Should score me 10g after quest turn in and selling of the reward. Might be enough to get my dream dust and the blood of the mountain off ah. Hooray lol!

Edit2: well the last night didn't go as planned. With no money, and the need to have 15-18 greater nether essences to get my enchanting from 245 to 265, I had to go to ZF and kill a bunch of things. Unfortunately, what a mage can do in 5 minutes takes a druid (at least for me) 30+ minutes. I found the easiest strat was to open graves 2-3 at a time, so that I had no more tham 4-5 mobs. Rinse and repeat. Was good. I was making 10-15g per clear of that room + the boss, but really slow. In the end I finally got to 265 enchanting. With luck I can do a BRD run tonight and get the smoking heart of the mountain trinket. Them I'm immediately going back to herbalism. It's amazing how naked it feels to try and make money without it. Mining is great but I don't ever expect arcane crystals to drop. With herbalism you get exactly what you see before gathering.

Last edited:
Top Bottom