• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You have to go to the site for the "rewards" to claim it for a specific character. It's not an account-wide automatic reward.

I remember hearing about, so i took the time to check Battle.net before posting, but i didnt see anything related to that.

Enosh

sometimes takes a while after they subbed
and iirc the free 7 days have to run out first for them to start counting the sub

so at least 7 days since your friend accepted the SoR have to pass

Nelo Ice

Banned
So anyone else considering a last minute sign up for the annual pass? Still having fun with the game and MoP just looks awesome.

So anyone else considering a last minute sign up for the annual pass? Still having fun with the game and MoP just looks awesome.

I thought about it but I know chances are ill do it then thing "fuck why did I do that"

Loads and loads of games have come out/are coming out that ive not touched so not worth it to me ive decided.

Probably drop out of WoW till MoP now to be honset. Doing FL dailys and LFR is only so fun lol

D23

i can't believe im about to do this, but im about to try to play WoW for the first time in my life. last mmorpg i play was FF11 and that was 5 years ago...

i have some free time thats why i wanted to try this, anyone here can give me some tips for a beginner like me?? im planning to solo it to level 80.. what would be a good class? i heard paladin is good so i think im gonna go with that!

downloading the starter edition right now

Nelo Ice

Banned
i can't believe im about to do this, but im about to try to play WoW for the first time in my life. last mmorpg i play was FF11 and that was 5 years ago...

i have some free time thats why i wanted to try this, anyone here can give me some tips for a beginner like me?? im planning to solo it to level 80.. what would be a good class? i heard paladin is good so i think im gonna go with that!

downloading the starter edition right now

Wanna get referred? We get triple XP for leveling together!
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq

Recruit and veteran characters can summon one another to each other's locations across the globe.
While adventuring with your linked friend or family member, you will each gain triple experience while partied up to level 80, as long as your characters are within 4 levels of each other.
For every two levels the recruit's characters earn, one grantable level is gained. Recruit characters may then grant these levels to the veteran player's character as long as the character is lower in level than the level granting character.

Also for some tips get 2 gathering profs like herb and mining as u level. U get xp from gathering and u can save up the mats for a crafting profession later or sell em on the AH as u go. Low level mats make a decent chunk of gold my server at least. Also for class depends on how u want to play. Haven't played a pally since vanilla but I hear they're awesome now since they can fulfill all 3 rolls of heal/tank/dps. I've always been a fan of hybrids myself so a death knight/pally/shammy/druid are good choices.

Miragith

I just tried to subscribe for the annual pass and it said that my account is not eligible. I submitted a ticket but it said the wait time is 14 days and the special pass ends today. Really wanted that mount.

I just tried to subscribe for the annual pass and it said that my account is not eligible. I submitted a ticket but it said the wait time is 14 days and the special pass ends today. Really wanted that mount.

If you submitted the ticket before the deadline, I'd imagine they'd go ahead and let your account have it unless there was a valid reason why your account wasn't eligible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I remember hearing about, so i took the time to check Battle.net before posting, but i didnt see anything related to that.

Well that's how I claimed mine. There should be a tab somewhere to claim rewards.

True.

And I love the new zones. Beautiful.

And Pandaren are really awesome.

Don't see the hate.

The zones are really quite pretty and I really dig the Pandas so far.

Though, I've only briefly checked out the starter Panda zone and the beginning of the Horde quests. The amount of people and some of the questionably designed quests made me put it on the backburner for a bit.

Loxley

Alright, I caved and grabbed the Annual Pass at the last second. There's an 80% chance I'll still be playing WoW a year from now, what with MoP coming out and the hope for the updated classic races being released post-MoP's launch.

I'm not really all that excited for Diablo 3, just not my cup of tea, but I certainly won't mind giving it a go, especially when its "free". Plus, that Tyrial's charger mount is as close as I think I'll ever get to getting my Paladin of seven years a Pegasus mount.

Majine

Banned
They seriously need to update the older character models. Humans and Pandarens look like they are from different generation of games.

Bisnic

They seriously need to update the older character models. Humans and Pandarens look like they are from different generation of games.

They are, they even said the dwarf new model could have been ready for MoP launch, but they prefer to have all classic races updated and released at the same time.

I just want to see previews of these new models, if they're as good as goblins, worgens and pandas, it will be great.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Are the updated classic race models being implemented during MoP?, or have that not released a specific time frame?

No time frame, if at all. It's "we want to do it..." kinda things. At this point, it needs to be done. The game is almost 8 years old, and will probably be around for atleast another 4.

oneils

Hey guys, hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm new to WoW, just started this week when a friend used the Recruit a Friend system to get me playing. Right now I'm a L19 Frost Mage with what I think is decent equipment (my friend took me through some dungeons to get some good mage stuff, most of it gives an int bonus).

Anyway, I was wondering if you have any tips for me if I wanted to start doing dungeons with a random group? I've never had to play in a real group before, my friend just killed most of the monsters with his L85 char the other times I've been. I know to stay back and let the tank take aggro before I start casting but that's about it.

Any tips? I just don't want to get flamed for being bad and dragging the group down haha.

I am really behind on this thread so my tip is pretty late. My one tip is that if you are being hit and taking damage, do not run a way from the mobs. Run towards the tank so that he/she can regain aggro. Hope this helps.

Rokam

Hey, all you new and old players - want to swap real id? SO we can chat and party up and do randoms?

As soon as diablo 3 goes live in a couple of weeks we should have access to the battle tag function working properly in WoW. Will probably need to create a new list for that of current wow players.

Sarcasm

As soon as diablo 3 goes live in a couple of weeks we should have access to the battle tag function working properly in WoW. Will probably need to create a new list for that of current wow players.

But for now we can use real id =D

The character limited battle is nice but I had to use Sarcasm instead of the name I want =(

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well successfully avoided signing up for the annual pass. Think I may just let my account go frozen once D3 hits and resub sometime during the summer or shortly before mists comes out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yesterday I made it very clear that I deserve a better raiding guild than the one I'm in right now (they're fun and all but we're definitely not aiming for the same things in WoW...). So I rage-quit 20 minutes before raid-time was over, logged in today and expected to be kicked out or at least demoted from officer. Instead, I got this in the mailbox:

0Cw6K.jpg

What the fuck am I supposed to make out of this? Am I being bribed to stay in this guild? Really?

Audioboxer

Getting a bit burned out levelling my hunter, got to 38 in a few days.

I keep falling back on DPS chars each time I go to try something new. Think I should just roll a warrior or priest and be done with healing/tanking once and for all :p

Healing just looks so damn boring in 5 mans whilst levelling, but lots of people really enjoy it. Maybe I'm missing something.

I think I'll go with tanking - Mistake I made when I was in here before facing the same question was rolling a Death Knight. I need to tank from the beginning if I've to learn how and overcome 'tanking anxiety'.

Tamanon

Banned
Audίoboxer;37477757 said:
Getting a bit burned out levelling my hunter, got to 38 in a few days.

I keep falling back on DPS chars each time I go to try something new. Think I should just roll a warrior or priest and be done with healing/tanking once and for all :p

Healing just looks so damn boring in 5 mans whilst levelling, but lots of people really enjoy it. Maybe I'm missing something.

I think I'll go with tanking - Mistake I made when I was in here before facing the same question was rolling a Death Knight. I need to tank from the beginning if I've to learn how and overcome 'tanking anxiety'.

Holy Pally healing can be boring a bit, especially once you get Beacon of Light. Although the giant power bump at 58 in coefficients makes for hilariously large heals.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you sir, people seem to love it :3

Sciz

Audίoboxer;37477757 said:

Roll a prot warrior and steamroll your way through LFD and the occasional battleground. You'll do more damage than anyone else by a wide margin until the 80s and come out the other end completely fearless.

TheYanger

What the fuck am I supposed to make out of this? Am I being bribed to stay in this guild? Really?

I don't think it's a bribe per se, as them feeling bad because of the disconnect that exists idk. It's a bit weird either way.
I thought you were having fun again :(

Yoshichan

I don't think it's a bribe per se, as them feeling bad because of the disconnect that exists idk. It's a bit weird either way.
I thought you were having fun again :(
I was having fun again... then people started taking shit too seriously again. When we have fun, we "progress". When people are starting to say "Ugh I'm tired" and "I'm not feeling well" after a couple of whipes on progression-bosses, then I start raging :(

ampere

Yesterday I made it very clear that I deserve a better raiding guild than the one I'm in right now (they're fun and all but we're definitely not aiming for the same things in WoW...). So I rage-quit 20 minutes before raid-time was over, logged in today and expected to be kicked out or at least demoted from officer. Instead, I got this in the mailbox:

http://i.imgur.com/0Cw6K.jpg[IMG]

What the fuck am I supposed to make out of this? Am I being bribed to stay in this guild? Really?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, seems like they feel bad and appreciate you being there, I don't know if it's a bribe though.

I understand your plight, I am in a 25 man raiding guild right now and the guild's philosophy is that if you try, put forth effort, and show up you won't be replaced...

The thing is, I want to be in a more performance based guild. I'm more than capable of being in an 8/8H guild at this point with the nerfs and whatnot, but we're 4/8 (and one of those kills was in a 10 man on an off week, zon'ozz) :/

But, I was given legendary daggers on my rogue and I have a lot of respect for about half the raiders in the guild so I'm stuck for the rest of Cata. Come Mists I'm either raiding more hardcore (2-3 nights a week is all I want, but performance based) or not raiding at all, I think. Wiping on Heroic Ultraxion for a month because some people can't pull 30k while I do up to 47k? It's beyond frustration >< Especially since we have a group that could clear heroics on 10 man if we switched to that.

Bisnic

/ragemodeon

I really wonder why i bother doing LFR, especially the Fall of Deathwing one... people are so fucking dumb.

1. You have tanks not pressing the purple button at the right time on Ultraxion.(At least other people can survive if they dont >_>)
2. You have people not standing in the big pink "vortexs" on Blackhorn before he lands.
3. You have people not moving always from Blackhorn's huge shockwave.
4. You have DPS killing all 4 corruptions on the Spine.
5. You have DPS not slowing down and/or killing the first amalgation before 9 stacks.
6. You have DPS not quickly switching targets on Madness, weither its the bolt or the corruption or the adds near the head. Or even never leaving the tentacle arms at all.
7. I have to constantly tell them to do AND not to do all of the above.
8. THEN you have to deal with people doing shitty damage, heals and tanking job. And of course, wipes due to everything mentioned.

Ugh.
X0PiP.gif

I think im going to go back to play some ME3 multiplayer instead, at least its not frustrating and a waste of my time. :(
Unless i get disconnected on Wave 10

/ragemodeoff

Rokam

/ragemodeon

I really wonder why i bother doing LFR, especially the Fall of Deathwing one... people are so fucking dumb.

1. You have tanks not pressing the purple button at the right time on Ultraxion.(At least other people can survive if they dont >_>)

I've still yet to tank this where the other tank isn't dead everytime. It's a good thing blizzard made it so you can one tank it. Still haven't seen the staff drop off Deathwing. Saw my first Souldrinker after 2 months... too bad I was on my druid.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I've still yet to tank this where the other tank isn't dead everytime. It's a good thing blizzard made it so you can one tank it. Still haven't seen the staff drop off Deathwing. Saw my first Souldrinker after 2 months... too bad I was on my druid.

You would've loved the LFR I was in the first time I did madness. 3 souldrinkers dropped and I forget what the 4th drop was.

Ramirez

I tend to not even bother with RF due to most of those reasons. I did some of the fights for the first time yesterday without even reading anything and picked up on what needed to be done in the first pull. It's like people ignore everyone's advice and just go into tunnel vision mode of dpsing everything on their screens (the tentacles on DW's back for example). Also got into a group last night where people would ninja pull with 6-7 people missing from the raid, ugh.

Rokam

I just had an Ultraxion where the other tank didn't die and we beat my previous kill record by about 45 seconds. It was glorious, as was Warmaster and Spine. Everybody did what they were supposed to do... miracles do happen!

And in other news, got my Guardian of Cenarius title. Took practically no time at all to do the Cenarion Circle part of it. Started and finished it tonight, since no one hangs out in Silithus I had free reign on the Twilight Prophet spawn, and then hit up Un'goro and Desolace for the quests. Not sure what to work on next.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

A few weeks ago you said you were GM. What kind of core were you running if they would kick the former GM? Shouldn't you be... friends?

Yoshichan

A few weeks ago you said you were GM. What kind of core were you running if they would kick the former GM? Shouldn't you be... friends?
I ran the invites, the strategies, the drama, the recruitment, the vent and everything else.

I stepped down when I noticed that I really don't have time for all that shit. Now I only do half of that.

Top Bottom