• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So my Hati is bugged, he's bigger than the boss:

MFOvBRq.jpg

(I'm in his foot)

Low Tier
We ran into the Hati bug in pvp. Super annoying because it was a full size Thok. Made seeing stuff impossible

Rizzi

Turns out the Rumour Has It quest is a lot easier to do if you have some form of crowd control.
Two minutes on my mage vs the hour and a half it took on my priest.

ugh

accidently sent a guy 10k and 5 obliterium and didn't click the COD option

Hopefully he pays it back >_<

Ugggh.

Update on this:

Opened a ticket, I guess the GM saw the wrong mails(I had sent him 3, last one was 5 obli with 10k) and only saw the COD mails I sent him.

Contacted the seller when I got back on, and he gave me the 20k.

Whew >_>

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Update on this:

Opened a ticket, I guess the GM saw the wrong mails(I had sent him 3, last one was 5 obli with 10k) and only saw the COD mails I sent him.

Contacted the seller when I got back on, and he gave me the 20k.

Whew >_>

You're lucky that you got a nice person, a lot of assholes would've taken the gold and ran.

Sölf

Rats I didn't know class hall chest gives you a key one level below highest. Is this why guilds announce +2/+3 carries...

It's not 1 level below highest. I beat level 5 last week and got a level 4 key. I beat level 6 this week and can tell you in a few hours what I get, but it seems to be decaying by 25% or 33%. People on higher levels lost 2 levels, maybe even 3.

Alex

We've lost several guild members due to herb/alch shit. I wonder how long they're gonna leave it like this. Reminds me a lot of vanilla, although possibly worse.

I think almost everyone on our raid team has herbalism at the moment.

We've lost several guild members due to herb/alch shit. I wonder how long they're gonna leave it like this. Reminds me a lot of vanilla, although possibly worse.

I think almost everyone on our raid team has herbalism at the moment.

Hrm? Like, they've been squabbling over herbalism and shit?

Yeah, it's bad. Can't get a proper flasked raid anymore because it's so freaking expensive.

Alex

Hrm? Like, they've been squabbling over herbalism and shit?

Yeah, it's bad. Can't get a proper flasked raid anymore because it's so freaking expensive.

We're like a collection of a bunch of lapsed higher end raiders from years and years back, sadly a lot of people can't dedicate all that time to herbalism, and herbalism feels totally like something you HAVE to have to raid nowadays. These are people who wanna compete if they play.

I actually wanted to push harder into raiding, haven't done so since the start of Cata. Looking it up DPS potions require five times the amount of herbs as they did back then. Ouch

We're like a collection of a bunch of lapsed higher end raiders from years and years back, sadly a lot of people can't dedicate all that time to herbalism, and herbalism feels totally like something you HAVE to have to raid nowadays. These are people who wanna compete if they play.

I actually wanted to push harder into raiding, haven't done so since the start of Cata. Looking it up DPS potions require five times the amount of herbs as they did back then. Ouch

Man that is fucked.

Yeah, Blizzard should do something about it...

...I wonder, why is it so ludicrous in WoW? That is, why are prices higher now, then before? Is it because of the gates in learning the flasks and eventually learning the 'multi pot/flask' procs through the randomnity of learning ranks(Compared before to just learning a mastery) ?

It seems insane that it's gotten this bloated. Certainly it's not because herbs don't spawn as much? It has to be tied to Alchemy..

Tanked through both LFR wings today. No wipes. Other tank and I were whispering eachother for tank mechanics. Was pretty nice having someone communicate in LFR.

Got an 870 titanforged cloak from Cenarious, bringing me to 853! Well worth dealing with LFR.

If any of you guys are Horde NA, my guild on Emerald Dream is looking for more DPS (preferably ranged) for raiding. We're casual and laid back - not hardcore at all. We raid Thursday Nights from 7-9pm US Central and Saturday nights 6-9pm. If you like that kind of vibe and want a guild, hit me up!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Mixed bag of loot tonight:
Had Enh loot spec on Ursoc - got the Enh trinket which is damn good for that spec.
Switch to Ele for Nightmare Dragons - get the dumpster trinket
Switch to Enh for Cenarius - Nothing (wanted that trinket!)
Forget to switch to Ele for Xavius, but still get the Crit/Haste neck which is great for Ele.
Continue to forget that I'm still Enh loot spec, kill H Nythc - coin the Enh trinket which is garbage. If I was Ele and got that caster trinket... I'd be so happy.

Renekton

Sölf;219077813 said:
It's not 1 level below highest. I beat level 5 last week and got a level 4 key. I beat level 6 this week and can tell you in a few hours what I get, but it seems to be decaying by 25% or 33%. People on higher levels lost 2 levels, maybe even 3.
Or maybe simply the one you manage to beat timer on?

Westlo

Dropped Blacksmithing and Mining on my main, picked up Enchanting and Herb instead.

Gonna drop Inscription on my 2nd and pick up Alc to go with Enchanting already on her.

And my DH alt has Herb and Skinning... guess that's it for professions this expansion lol.

Can't wait to unlock the Herbalist mount.

Jim was an absolute clusterfuck of a fight when I did it just after he was available... got that stats trinket off him @ 865 plus socket though so thats the 3rd week in a row I've got loot from a world boss from a bonus roll...

World Quest didn't get done though, did him again later, still a clusterfuck... my fps....

Xeteh

Man, gearing up for an alt spec seems like a pain in the ass when the stats are so wildly different from what you want on your main spec.

Also blows my mind how often people flat out ignore you in random groups when you say hi... or really anything.

Lomax

Right now there's a huge divide between those with tons of garrison gold and those without. That's what is driving the high prices on raid mats. If anything it's redistributing that wealth a bit. Eventually it will balance out some, but honestly I don't see that much problem with the bleeding edge people financing the rest for a bit. Yeah it sucks some to be in a mid to upper tier guild and not have the gold to just buy everything, but millions of gold was just being handed out for almost two years for basically doing nothing but log in, that's going to have a lasting impact.

Tenebrous

Right now there's a huge divide between those with tons of garrison gold and those without. That's what is driving the high prices on raid mats. If anything it's redistributing that wealth a bit. Eventually it will balance out some, but honestly I don't see that much problem with the bleeding edge people financing the rest for a bit. Yeah it sucks some to be in a mid to upper tier guild and not have the gold to just buy everything, but millions of gold was just being handed out for almost two years for basically doing nothing but log in, that's going to have a lasting impact.

It's not that on my realm. My realm has 3 top 100 guilds and several more in the top 500 that made a shitton of gold from boosting over the last few expansions. In the nights before the raid opened you'd struggle to buy a single herb, just because it's pocket money for these folk.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It has nothing to do with "garrison gold". I keep seeing this talking point and it's just people trying to push off the poor design decisions in Legion on WoD. What were potion materials like in WoD? Virtually nothing to make them, so people could easily chug down potions without second thought. Three of a common herb type translates to one potion...no big deal. What does a potion require for Legion? Old War is two of the rare Starlight Rose, four Foxflower, and four Fjarnskaggl. Of course it's going to be unreasonably expensive...it takes forever to make.

Apathy

It has nothing to do with "garrison gold". I keep seeing this talking point and it's just people trying to push off the poor design decisions in Legion on WoD. What were potion materials like in WoD? Virtually nothing to make them, so people could easily chug down potions without second thought. Three of a common herb type translates to one potion...no big deal. What does a potion require for Legion? Old War is two of the rare Starlight Rose, four Foxflower, and four Fjarnskaggl. Of course it's going to be unreasonably expensive...it takes forever to make.

People just want potions and flasks to cost nothing because they only think of themselves. It takes herbalist's time to go out and farm, they just don't want to compensate them for that time

Tenebrous

People just want potions and flasks to cost nothing because they only think of themselves. It takes herbalist's time to go out and farm, they just don't want to compensate them for that time

Agreed. I'm all for the good ol' gatherers on this... They put the effort in, so let em reap the rewards until 7.1 lands.

Renekton

Expect prices to steadily drop though as more herbalists proc level 3 Aethril and more Alchemists proc level 3 flasks.

Prices in my realm are now half from since EN opened.

Bizazedo

Expect prices to steadily drop though as more herbalists proc level 3 Aethril and more Alchemists proc level 3 flasks.

Yeah, this is temporary.

The real complaint should be why every other profession is ass. I don't know if it's ever been this bad in the amount of useless shit vs useful shit.

Tarazet

Cenarius Agi trinket is garbage though&#8230;

Bloodthirsty Instinct and Six-Feather Fan are considered our best in slot, pretty sure. Someone using that combo pulled a 444K parse on Mythic Ursoc as Enhancement.

I saw an 840 Fan with a socket this morning for 180k. I wish I had that kind of disposable gold just for one piece of gear.

erawsd

Bloodthirsty Instinct and Six-Feather Fan are considered our best in slot, pretty sure. Someone using that combo pulled a 444K parse on Mythic Ursoc as Enhancement.

I saw an 840 Fan with a socket this morning for 180k. I wish I had that kind of disposable gold just for one piece of gear.

Nah, it turns out many of the EN trinkets were not being modeled correctly in simcraft, now BiS is considered to be SFF+Arcano Crystal off the new world boss. EN trinkets are all pretty "weak" compared to stuff you get from mythics or even World Quests.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Flask prices are not even that bad given how much gold can be earned. It's hard to see a path for potion prices to drop significantly and that's the bigger problem.

Yeah, that's probably the BiS combo assuming equal ilevel. I think that caster trinket from Nythendra (need to run with Ele loot spec if you're using personal loot) is a good option too. Definitely more affordable..
Nah, it turns out many of the EN trinkets were not being modeled correctly in simcraft, now BiS is considered to be SFF+Arcano Crystal off the new world boss. EN trinkets are all pretty "weak" compared to stuff you get from mythics or even World Quests.
Oh. Is there an up to date list for them somewhere?

Fuck dragons on heroic. Too much shit going on for the sake of having mechanics and needing the raid to do something.

And yet none of those mechanics on heroic actually really do anything? Aside from the main tank dragon swap.

---

Anyway, the thing that's bugging me the most about Legion is the rather absurd Suramar rep grind…for alts. Doing it once is cool, fine. But do I really want to play through to exalted on another character? No. I really have no clue why they didn't implement the MoP reputation token system again, or include the ability to champion a faction of your choice on the daily heroic. Those would have been some nice QoL changes. Keeping up with AP on an alt is already difficult enough since parity would mean literally twice the work in a given period of time. Right now all I'm using my alt for is gathering herbs - I have no time to spare on her for actual character progression at 110. Which is a shame since working on finishing the order hall campaign(s) and gearing slightly would be fun, but if I'm not making gold or getting gear/AP on my main, any other activity feels pretty bad. But I guess a lot of that has to do with being a progression raider and having a high drive to fill out the artifact ASAP.

Renekton

XAmDhM5.jpg

Repost from Reddit. TBC questing is pretty nice after HFP.

Flask prices are not even that bad given how much gold can be earned. It's hard to see a path for potion prices to drop significantly and that's the bigger problem.
Potion procs rank 3 like flask, and determined by herb supply. So they have the same path I think.

I give it another 2-3 weeks before raid consumable prices drop by half again.

Lain

Will they ever put back in the quest counter numbers so people can have half an idea about how many quests they have in their log without manually counting them? I still don't understand why they took them out.

Top Bottom