• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

So what is the point of high cooking skill anyway? With Leatherworking at 800 you get the mount but what is the point of 800 cooking (or 815 in my case since Panda)?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
XAmDhM5.jpg

Repost from Reddit. TBC questing is pretty nice after HFP.

Never even saw Terrokar. Leveling a Hunter and it was like:

HFP -> DUNGEONS DUNGEONS DUNGEONS DUNGEONS -> Nagrand -> Northrend

Lanrutcon

I got a curious coin and an awful, awful robe from my class hall chest.
I was not impressed.

What's weird, is that I was supposed to get an 855 item from my Warlock chest. Instead I got an 850 set head from one of the Nightfallen dungeons.

Least my Druid got a 865 ring. Hoping Withered Jim drops some goddamn loot. Last's week world boss was a waste of time.

Zelias

Banned
Never even saw Terrokar. Leveling a Hunter and it was like:

HFP -> DUNGEONS DUNGEONS DUNGEONS DUNGEONS -> Nagrand -> Northrend
Shame, I really, really like Terrokar. Beautiful zone with haunting music.

Edit: I only have 2 Curious Coins. Can't see myself ever getting that mount. Sigh. Double gold from world boss too.

Finally got my first legendary in the emissary chest, a nice mythic 9 titanforged ring with socket too from the weekly chest. Good day for loot.

Renekton

TheYanger was banned? I thought he might have interesting things to say about EN.

What's weird, is that I was supposed to get an 855 item from my Warlock chest. Instead I got an 850 set head from one of the Nightfallen dungeons.

Least my Druid got a 865 ring. Hoping Withered Jim drops some goddamn loot. Last's week world boss was a waste of time.
Jim and Levantus gave me nothing including coin.

Sölf

Got a Vault of the Wardens +5 Mythic Keystone, so maybe it really is the highest you beat within the timer.
That aside, got an 865 Ring I can't use. >_>

vocab

Sölf;219117863 said:
Got a Vault of the Wardens +5 Mythic Keystone, so maybe it really is the highest you beat within the timer.
That aside, got an 865 Ring I can't use. >_>
Its two less than your highest. I did maw 10, got 8 eoa.

Nugg

What happens if you beat like Mythic +8, then get a +6 keystone but do nothing that week (because of you don't have time or whatever). Do you need to start over?

Tenebrous

What happens if you beat like Mythic +8, then get a +6 keystone but do nothing that week (because of you don't have time or whatever). Do you need to start over?

Exactly that. I did +8 on the first week, nothing second week, and now I have nothing.

Nugg

Sölf;219119177 said:
My highest was 6, but I beat 5 within the time limit and got a +5 key. So it definitly is not -2 of your highest.

It's probably something like 75-80% rounded up

M.D

Got a 880 head piece from the chest (Eye +4 was the highest I've done IIRC)

Also tanked NL +6 on my 846 DH that I'm gathering herbs with rather than playing, wonder what I got in that chest. That enrage was painful lol

Rizzi

Spend an hour trying to find a group for Arcway, finally get in a group.
Only person at the stone for ten minutes, everyone finally gets summoned and then we zone in.. And I get kicked because this character hasn't done it before. Even though I've got 848 ilvl.
Yep..

Ark

Spend an hour trying to find a group for Arcway, finally get in a group.
Only person at the stone for ten minutes, everyone finally gets summoned and then we zone in.. And I get kicked because this character hasn't done it before. Even though I've got 848 ilvl.
Yep..

First rule of pugging as a DPS: Don't say anything and act like you've done the content before.

Nugg

No trinket from Arcway for my mage.
Boo.
I did get this thing though. Do you think the use effect is worth it, or should I just shard it?

I suck at theorycrafting, but 5% damage with a 12sec/3min (6.7%) average uptime is about 0.33% DPS boost. I'd shard it, considering what you already have. Or maybe keep it around for VERY specific burst situations?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Why is uh

Doing Temple of Ahn Qiraj

Why is Onyxia randomly set in the middle >_>?

Oh, so just because she's a woman she should stay home and not get out every now and then?

smh.

Mupod

regular EN seems like LFR at this point now. We played so poorly and did fine - we actually pushed Cenarius into his final phase while his adds were spawning. DPS ignored the 30,000 spiders I had on me on Renferal. Nobody switched to Corruptors on Il'gynoth and some died to blobs exploding. Still cleared everything easily. At least now I fully understand each fight from a tank and dps perspective.

People woke up and we had no trouble one shotting nythendra, ursoc and dragons on heroic but this guild doesn't raid very long so that's all we did. I'll be out of town for the weekend too so I'll miss out on anything else this week, unfortunately.

Managed to bonus roll an 870 shadow relic (had an 840) but that's all I got out of both runs. I get that ML is more efficient than personal loot, but due to mythic+ spam I vastly outgear most of my guild and they are trying to gear up everybody, so it's hard for me to make a case. But still, even though I actually gave away most of my personal loot last time I still like having a chance at stuff.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My very first mythic dungeon boss on my fresh 110 shaman alt (800 ilvl, being carried by guildies) dropped an 855 titanforged relic.

It's a sign, this is my new main.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Man, had a dry spell for a while now, but world boss came through for me, desparately needed a trinket and he dropped his at 865, then rolled 865 head which was a great upgrade from my 845.

Scratched and clawed my way to 859 so far w/no guild or tank friends as a lfg healer. About to give up I think if I can't find a guild.

Sarcasm

Man, had a dry spell for a while now, but world boss came through for me, desparately needed a trinket and he dropped his at 865, then rolled 865 head which was a great upgrade from my 845.

Scratched and clawed my way to 859 so far w/no guild or tank friends as a lfg healer. About to give up I think if I can't find a guild.

Have you tried in trade? You can join a CRZ guild.

Anoregon

Doing withered training.
20 withered just evade bugged out and then.. vanished.
Fuck this terrible piece of shit.

Had that happened to me the other day, it wasn't that many but it just happened to be all of my special withered that vanished so I was left with the regular scrubs for the rest of the run.

Rizzi

Had that happened to me the other day, it wasn't that many but it just happened to be all of my special withered that vanished so I was left with the regular scrubs for the rest of the run.

I was left with TWO.
Right before I was about to go kill a boss. This shitty thing is the physical embodiment of how I feel about Legion.

Westlo

Played 4 pvp games yesterday, 3 of them were pretty damn close games and the one that wasn't we got stomped by Horde because of the brilliant defending strat on Stands of... "lets have 80% of us defend the left gate". There was still 5 people defending the second gate on the left when they breached our relic chamber.... good job guys.

Probably the most fun I've had pvping since TBC.... really did not enjoy it the last few expansions....

Anoregon

I was left with TWO.
Right before I was about to go kill a boss. This shitty thing is the physical embodiment of how I feel about Legion.

Ya I hear you. I'm able to clear it pretty easily now but I still don't bother to do it regularly at all. I still don't have the Blood DK hidden appearance, but I don't think it's all that cool anyway. If I really wanted it I'd probably hate that I feel compelled to run it every time it's up.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Blizzard really needs to fix trinkets. It's insane that trinkets from world quests can be better than what I can get out of raids. Hell, even dungeon trinkets are mostly better than raid trinkets minus one or tow.

Played 4 pvp games yesterday, 3 of them were pretty damn close games and the one that wasn't we got stomped by Horde because of the brilliant defending strat on Stands of... "lets have 80% of us defend the left gate". There was still 5 people defending the second gate on the left when they breached our relic chamber.... good job guys.

Probably the most fun I've had pvping since TBC.... really did not enjoy it the last few expansions....

The relative normalization of stats in PvP/stat template helps a ton. I've wanted that change for a long time.

Still wish that you were just given a set amount of stat points and could put them where you want (with a cap to avoid dumb scenarios) instead of the preset templates Blizzard made.

Fjordson

On withered training, should I be trying to kill as many mobs as possible, to up my score? Or is it more about getting one of the big chests? I found one and had the withered carry it out but that ended the scenario.

Only done it once so I'm sure it'll explain all this next time I get to do it, but was just wondering.

cdyhybrid

On withered training, should I be trying to kill as many mobs as possible, to up my score? Or is it more about getting one the big chests? I found one and had the withered carry it out but that ended the scenario.

Only done it once so I'm sure it'll explain all this next time I get to do it, but was just wondering.
Your rep maxes out at 425 score, so once you hit that you can spend Withered on picking up chests to make your army stronger. Once you've collected all the chests your Withered will destroy everything in the instance so you can just speed clear to 425.

On withered training, should I be trying to kill as many mobs as possible, to up my score? Or is it more about getting one of the big chests? I found one and had the withered carry it out but that ended the scenario.

The chests make future attempts much easier, so I'd say chests. After getting most of them, I can take in the minimum withered and still clear it as a Priest (a hard class to do it with, IMO).

You should get a good amount of points along the way, either way.

M.D

I had my best run with the withered army today, got a 549 (I thInk?) score and unlocked 2 big chests and 1 medium, but now that I think about it I don't remember unlocking that medium one after it ended.. anyways I got 2 upgrades for my withered.
Do these apply for every run now? And how do the chests work? do they respawn at some point?

Tarazet

I had my best run with the withered army today, got a 549 (I thInk?) score and unlocked 2 big chests and 1 medium, but now that I think about it I don't remember unlocking that medium one after it ended.. anyways I got 2 upgrades for my withered.
Do these apply for every run now? And how do the chests work? do they respawn at some point?

The chests are a one-time thing and the buffs are permanent. Once you get them all, you should be able to go in with 8 withered and faceroll to victory every time.

Top Bottom