• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Got my first legendary but it's the stupid necklace with the bubble effect. It's actually really a helpful item but my god the bubble itself is so annoying looking. Why did they make it visible!? And why does it refresh every 30 seconds rather than just exist permanently and then replenish 30 seconds after being damaged?

It used to look worse! And made an annoying noise.

I'm assuming the second part is because it was the easiest way to program the effect. Just a constant instead of triggers.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yea they're pretty pointless right now, but I do see the whole "we don't want you gearing characters without playing them" aspect. But they are completely pointless at the moment, I wish there was a way to either put them in the obliterum forge or something for non enchanters at least.

The thing is, tho, is that as of now, all Dauntless tokens do is get you into LFR. You still have to farm a good chunk for the 'good' 880 gear to really boost your ilevel/stats.

It speeds up the 'natural' World Quest or normal/heroic dungeon grind up a good bit but not much moreso than creating/buying alts sets of new crafted gear and having any obliterum to use.

I get that you would just burn them all on alts right away, but even as is, world quest content becomes irrelevant outside of titanforge +10/15 procs anyways. What 'harm' is there in allowing a player to get into LFR, get a tier piece or two, and then try mythic+ on alts?

At least, harm that isn't already being done by the general alt-unfriendliness that is most, if not all, Legion content already

Nokterian

I am leveling my hunter to 100 right now and marksmanship is the way to go i read everywhere, all specs are viable at least i hear but MMS is the better option right?

Corpekata

Banned
I am leveling my hunter to 100 right now and marksmanship is the way to go i read everywhere, all specs are viable at least i hear but MMS is the better option right?

Have both a MM and BM hunter in my guild, roughly equally geared (outside of legendaries maybe, don't follow them much). MM is typically doing better but the BM more than keeps up. So probably just a matter of what you'd like to play.

I'd probably go MM if I leveled my hunter just because I've never been big on the pet aspects, but I know some players are.

MM has potentially higher damage but I've been very, very happy with my damage as BM this expansion. The mobility of the spec is brilliant too, especially when you're first learning fights.

v1perz53

The thing is, tho, is that as of now, all Dauntless tokens do is get you into LFR. You still have to farm a good chunk for the 'good' 880 gear to really boost your ilevel/stats.

It speeds up the 'natural' World Quest or normal/heroic dungeon grind up a good bit but not much moreso than creating/buying alts sets of new crafted gear and having any obliterum to use.

I get that you would just burn them all on alts right away, but even as is, world quest content becomes irrelevant outside of titanforge +10/15 procs anyways. What 'harm' is there in allowing a player to get into LFR, get a tier piece or two, and then try mythic+ on alts?

At least, harm that isn't already being done by the general alt-unfriendliness that is most, if not all, Legion content already

The problem, as is always the problem, is titanforging. Since dauntless tokens still technically CAN titanforge to 925, so if you are playing your main and sending to an alt they can theoretically get to 925 ilvl without you ever playing it. Until TF caps out, this remains an issue. I still have my bank character on my old server with like 10 of each slot Timeless Isle BoA tokens, you could easily collect dauntless pieces and have tons ready when a new alt hit 110, and get them to 880 straight away. And you could say just don't let them titanforge, but that punishes people without alts.

Also, obliterum is a bad example, since it requires BoP bloods of sargeras, so you had to play that character at least in some regard to upgrade that gear. Just some WQs or herbing or normal dungeons, but you still had to be on THAT character doing stuff to upgrade gear on it.

But the main key is, it isn't hard to get dauntless tokens to do all that by playing the character either. Takes a day of playing to get full 850 with dauntless, as opposed to having the character at 850 the moment it hits 110 (and possibly way beyond if you have a lot of tokens banked for WF/TF rolls). So having them be BoA has potential harmful effects, but not having them be BoA has a very minor negative impact overall. Just a day of doing one invasion, broken shore WQs, rares, and checking for some treasures can easily net you enough nethershards for almost a full set of dauntless gear.

CHC

Whatever the next expansion winds up being I really hope they don't go so overboard with the level of density / verticality in zones. I'm right on the cusp of getting flying and my frustration has really, really peaked with the whole "icon that is 1 inch away on the map actually requires a 30 mile detour to reach." It's one the few enduring complaints I have with the expansion. There is certainly a place for more intricate, restricted zones, but I think something like Northrend got it right. A mix of density and open spaces. There's like not even one single open field in all of the Broken Isles.

Jag

I always level as BM. Still playing my main as BM. Very little downtime and you can always solo above your gear and level. Get a spirit beast in tank spec and pull everything.

TheYanger

Whatever the next expansion winds up being I really hope they don't go so overboard with the level of density / verticality in zones. I'm right on the cusp of getting flying and my frustration has really, really peaked with the whole "icon that is 1 inch away on the map actually requires a 30 mile detour to reach." It's one the few enduring complaints I have with the expansion. There is certainly a place for more intricate, restricted zones, but I think something like Northrend got it right. A mix of density and open spaces. There's like not even one single open field in all of the Broken Isles.

Even though I have flying and am glad to have it, I still have never understood these complaints. There are flight paths EVERYWHERE this xpac, you're never far from anything. If you just didn't realize that it was not in the part of the map you're in it's more down to map familiarity than anything else. Legion has some of the coolest looking zones they've ever made, a lot of the other ones that I would rank up there are also not just fields and forests with nothing interesting in them, which suffer the same issues (Howling Fjord for example).

EDIT: I post this not as a 'lol get good' so much as, I don't want them to go back to making largely flat zones like the low level shit. That's boring as fuck.

CHC

Even though I have flying and am glad to have it, I still have never understood these complaints. There are flight paths EVERYWHERE this xpac, you're never far from anything. If you just didn't realize that it was not in the part of the map you're in it's more down to map familiarity than anything else. Legion has some of the coolest looking zones they've ever made, a lot of the other ones that I would rank up there are also not just fields and forests with nothing interesting in them, which suffer the same issues (Howling Fjord for example).

EDIT: I post this not as a 'lol get good' so much as, I don't want them to go back to making largely flat zones like the low level shit. That's boring as fuck.

No, I mean look, I don't want zones that are just flat fields or anything. The zones in Legion are beautiful. There's just a few too many instances of illogical icons or quests (like the ley lines in Suramar) where you follow an icon, only to wind up on a hill 500 feet above the entrance to the cave that you were supposed to go, or you go in a straight line only to wind up in a closed off "pit" area that you have to backtrack out of and then navigate around. And without flying you have to backtrack all the way down the path, then circle around to find the ONE entrance to the path that leads to the cavern entrance.

Things along those lines happened to me ALL the time, and like, I wont get annoyed after 4 or 5 times, but over and over again it's a bit much. I'd just like to see a little more "openness" in terms of going right from B to C, rather than it being the case that I accidentally went from A to B and now have to go back to A and then over again to C (if that makes sense).

I'll say again that I didn't find this an issue anywhere else, Northrend, Draenor, whatever. A zone like Howling Fjord was perfect because the rolling hills provided some relief to the craggy cliffs - it was a balance, and the layout was largely organic and logical. Broken Isles just feels a little cramped to me and at times, especially after years of WoW's relatively logical navigation, it's sort of annoying to feel like "oh I have to follow this one single path to reach that area, and I can't get there any other way."

Robin64

Flying has made World Quests a bit obnoxious as people join groups with WQGF (which is the best thing ever) then just hover over the quest area til other people have done all the work. Was just one or two people doing it, but now I see so many doing it that at times it's been like I am the only one of five people actually doing anything.

Lain

Got the Sira's Extra Cloak toy on my 15th opened cache (15th between 3 characters, 7th for the specific character), first thing to come out of them. Too bad for the long cooldown, but the illusion is cool.

Lomax

Finally started doing some of the Brawler's Guild this time around and man, every fight seems to have some bullshit one shot mechanic, far more so than I remember previous versions having. And while I know sometimes being a pet class cheeses stuff, some of these things seem to straight up punish you for being a pet class. It ceases to feel like a fun challenge when deaths seem random and some classes aren't designed to be able to avoid them well.

Edit: Yeah, most of these fights just plain suck. I'm sure they felt the need to ramp things up after previous seasons, but dealing with RNG "game mechanics" that result in unwinable fights if you have bad luck is just terrible and lazy design to create artificial challenge.

No, I mean look, I don't want zones that are just flat fields or anything. The zones in Legion are beautiful. There's just a few too many instances of illogical icons or quests (like the ley lines in Suramar) where you follow an icon, only to wind up on a hill 500 feet above the entrance to the cave that you were supposed to go, or you go in a straight line only to wind up in a closed off "pit" area that you have to backtrack out of and then navigate around. And without flying you have to backtrack all the way down the path, then circle around to find the ONE entrance to the path that leads to the cavern entrance.

Things along those lines happened to me ALL the time, and like, I wont get annoyed after 4 or 5 times, but over and over again it's a bit much. I'd just like to see a little more "openness" in terms of going right from B to C, rather than it being the case that I accidentally went from A to B and now have to go back to A and then over again to C (if that makes sense).

I'll say again that I didn't find this an issue anywhere else, Northrend, Draenor, whatever. A zone like Howling Fjord was perfect because the rolling hills provided some relief to the craggy cliffs - it was a balance, and the layout was largely organic and logical. Broken Isles just feels a little cramped to me and at times, especially after years of WoW's relatively logical navigation, it's sort of annoying to feel like "oh I have to follow this one single path to reach that area, and I can't get there any other way."

Yes yes yes so much yes to all this. The terrain in Legion is horrible. I've played this game since vanilla as someone who wanders off the path and I don't mind fighting through mobs or doing a little jumping but if you don't follow the exact path in each zone in Legion you get stuck on some bullshit hill that you can't run up because they didn't want you to and because they wanted each zone to be like six mini-zones.

Loxley

Doing my usual weekend clearing of old raids for transmog pieces and I completely forgot about this amazing temporary title from Blackwing Descent XD A shame you can't keep it.

Q1IJpyV.jpg

TheYanger

Finally started doing some of the Brawler's Guild this time around and man, every fight seems to have some bullshit one shot mechanic, far more so than I remember previous versions having. And while I know sometimes being a pet class cheeses stuff, some of these things seem to straight up punish you for being a pet class. It ceases to feel like a fun challenge when deaths seem random and some classes aren't designed to be able to avoid them well.

Edit: Yeah, most of these fights just plain suck. I'm sure they felt the need to ramp things up after previous seasons, but dealing with RNG "game mechanics" that result in unwinable fights if you have bad luck is just terrible and lazy design to create artificial challenge.

I mean...there is literally NO rng in Brawler's guild. It is exactly the same thing it has always been: Boss mechanics, with no dungeon journal, that you are meant to suss out (either alone or with the people in the guild as a COMMUNITY experience, or look up on wowhead or something if they're bugging you). I'm not ngoing to say all classes are created equal, but they never were. Pet classes are typically stronger at brawlers though, not weaker (since the pets can ignore AOEs). If you feel something is RNG, it's not, it's almost assuredly you not understanding the mechanic. If you want help with a specific one without googling o r whatever, feel free to post it here and we can help out I'm sure :)

FUCK THIS TANK CHALLENGE.

5% wipes multiple times, probably average 13% wipes though. My Last Resort either procs early, or doesn't proc at all.

Now the Mage tower is down though, so whatever.

I agree with all this. Having to take a long detour just to get to a place was annoying as fuck. Not just Northrend but every expansion got it right before this one. Shadowmoon Valley from wod is a perfect example how zones should be.

v1perz53

FUCK THIS TANK CHALLENGE.

5% wipes multiple times, probably average 13% wipes though. My Last Resort either procs early, or doesn't proc at all.

Now the Mage tower is down though, so whatever.

I second this. Fuck this tank challenge. My best was 4%, similarly average P2 around 15%, but there are so many layers upon layers of BS bullcrap that can screw you over. Worst part for me though is I still only make it to P2 once every 5 tries, for various reasons. Since I'm a druid without a +range legendary apparently I'm meant to have super long P1s, and I've died a fair bit of times trying to speed up P1 just to get more P2 practice. I just feel like the whole thing is stupid, poorly designed, tests nothing about my ability to tank things (every mob generally just runs to me, and for all of P1 I never use my "active mitigation" ability once) and is full of RNG and insta-kill mechanics. I've finished the challenge for healer and boomkin before Guardian, and I play both of those as off-spec only, they have like 10 ilvl lower artifacts and 36 traits.

That said though I found the DPS and healing challenges I've done to be quite fun. And I guess benefit of Mage Tower only lasting 3 days is it forces me to take a break and inevitably get a bit more gear and artifact levels before my next try.

Though speaking of RNG, I can't think of a single fight in brawler's guild that constitutes as RNG. I've done every brawl guild fight every season on 5+ toons each season, they are always "one shot mechanics", even the original rank 1 fights had them. The whole thing is basically "don't fail or you die". Sure, some fights suck more for certain classes (doing Epicus Maximus as a balance druid where I have 5 second casts and only one interrupt took more gear than doing it on my ret pally, or doing Nibbleh as a BM hunter because for some reason he likes to stop and target your pet) but that's part of Brawl Guild and why gear works there. It isn't meant to be fair, its a fight club. But I definitely don't know what you're talking about regarding RNG or unwinnable fights, I can't think of a single one that is like that.

Hugstable

Banned
Thinking about wanting to make an alt character finally (especially since I still have the level 100 boost). Planning to make a new class and level it to 60 (since I heard if you do that before using your level 100 boost you get a good boost to your professions).

My main is a Restro Shaman with Enhancement Off-spec.

Still can't figure out whether I want to make a Warrior or a Druid. Leveled both to 20 so far, and I know with Druid I would go with Guardian main spec with either Restro or Balance as the off spec (not sure whether I want or need a second healing class, depends on what it plays like). With Warrior I have no clue what to go for, they started me on Arms so that's where I've been at, though I've been thinking Fury along with Prot would be good? What's a good leveling spec for Warrior and what's the better DPS spec at end game Arms or Fury? Also how is Prot overall as a tank? Looking for something that's fun to play

Lomax

I mean...there is literally NO rng in Brawler's guild. It is exactly the same thing it has always been: Boss mechanics, with no dungeon journal, that you are meant to suss out (either alone or with the people in the guild as a COMMUNITY experience, or look up on wowhead or something if they're bugging you). I'm not ngoing to say all classes are created equal, but they never were. Pet classes are typically stronger at brawlers though, not weaker (since the pets can ignore AOEs). If you feel something is RNG, it's not, it's almost assuredly you not understanding the mechanic. If you want help with a specific one without googling o r whatever, feel free to post it here and we can help out I'm sure :)

Well yes, the one shot mechanics for the most part aren't RNG, they're just obnoxious. But the Burnstachio fight most definitely does have RNG, where the orb pops up is entirely random and I've waited as long as 20-30 seconds before it was possible to get to it from the rain clearing, which basically ruined any hope I had at winning. It also kills me every few fights instantly if I don't move immediately to the right upon spawning. And yeah, I'm sure on the whole I'm better off as a pet class having the offtank but they've definitely built some mechanics in to counter it, which is fine I suppose. But these fights on the whole seem to be much much less forgiving in terms of the one shot kill mechanics and quite frankly that isn't much fun.

Prot Warrior is pretty fun, warrior in general is extremely mobile and the new melee animations they introduced in Legion look super slick. Prot Warrior's self-sustain is a little more limited than other tanks but the damage negation with Ignore Pain is great.

Although depending on what professions you chose with your Shaman or want to choose with your alt, a Druid might be a better choice. If one is a Skinning/Leather Worker, both will could potentially benefit from the one toons professions. Having a Tailor/Enchanter is great cos I can just feed my one alt bags and enchants. If I was a smarter man I would've chosen something other than Blacksmithing for my Warrior alt, like Jewel Crafting, so it could feed back to my Mage.

Tarazet

Thinking about wanting to make an alt character finally (especially since I still have the level 100 boost). Planning to make a new class and level it to 60 (since I heard if you do that before using your level 100 boost you get a good boost to your professions).

Still can't figure out whether I want to make a Warrior or a Druid. Leveled both to 20 so far, and I know with Druid I would go with Guardian main spec with either Restro or Balance as the off spec (not sure whether I want or need a second healing class, depends on what it plays like). With Warrior I have no clue what to go for, they started me on Arms so that's where I've been at, though I've been thinking Fury along with Prot would be good? What's a good leveling spec for Warrior and what's the better DPS spec at end game Arms or Fury? Also how is Prot overall as a tank? Looking for something that's fun to play

I started out in Legion playing Enhancement because the Boulderfist rotation was so much fun to play. Now I've got 6 level 110 characters, including all of the caster DPS, and several more in the 101-109 range. It's always going to be personal what you enjoy, but the most fun I have is either Fury Warrior or Blood DK. Druids are strong, but I wouldn't say they are fun.

v1perz53

Well yes, the one shot mechanics for the most part aren't RNG, they're just obnoxious. But the Burnstachio fight most definitely does have RNG, where the orb pops up is entirely random and I've waited as long as 20-30 seconds before it was possible to get to it from the rain clearing, which basically ruined any hope I had at winning. It also kills me every few fights instantly if I don't move immediately to the right upon spawning. And yeah, I'm sure on the whole I'm better off as a pet class having the offtank but they've definitely built some mechanics in to counter it, which is fine I suppose. But these fights on the whole seem to be much much less forgiving in terms of the one shot kill mechanics and quite frankly that isn't much fun.

If you're taking damage on Burnstachio especially as a pet class it is just a bug or you're getting hit by things even though you don't think you are. You also don't have to be on the exact square of the ball to grab it, you can be one over from it and still pick it up (not sure about diagonally). The enrage timer on that one is super lax, honestly if you're running into enrage issues you might just be trying it without enough gear, and you'll hit a wall on upcoming fights anyway. In this video the DH does very poorly on orbs, and hes only attacking the boss for a total of 38 seconds the whole time, spends ~20-30 seconds to pick up each orb, and he still kills it 30 seconds ahead of enrage.

I know that's just one example you brought up, but Brawl Guild really is about figuring out how things work and executing, the entire point of it is unless you watch a video you won't know what to do and you'll die to mechanics, then learn them and stop dying to them. But any time there is even the most minimal RNG they give you more wiggle room with the enrage timer and boss HP.

I'm very biased here but I absolutely LOVE playing a druid in Legion. I have two at 110 now (long story) but I mainly play Guardian. Lots of people would say it isn't fun and it is easy, but I don't really feel that way at all. Guardian is a super smooth tank in legion, very strong, great soloability, lots of tools for different situations, both proactive and reactive. The only downsides to me are that they are being a little heavy handed with nerfs in 7.2.5 so far taking away a big source of magic mitigation which will probably end up fine for raids but kind of suck for 5 mans, and that the majority of the rotation involves AoE abilities even in ST rotation, which gets annoying sometimes. But for me, I've been playing a tank since mid-Vanilla and I think current Guardian druid is as close as the game has ever had to an optimal tank design.

That said, Druid also gives you great off-specs. Balance is, to me, one of the smartest and best designed legion specs (gameplay wise, not necessarily power wise). Good ability to shift focus between AoE and ST based on talents, spells feel impactful, fun to play. Resto is awesome also, another example of what I believe to be the optimal state of resto druid since vanilla. I use a decent variety of spells and I feel like I have tools for most situations. Feral is a bit weirder, being a bit weak in burst AoE and being a bit difficult to play overall, but I like it as well.

And druid offers a lot of random conveniences, such as instant cast flight form (and looting in flight form, you can do some WQs without ever leaving the air), travel form, stealth as a cat, shift to cat for extra movement speed, etc. I have a warrior at 110 but I haven't played it too much so I can't comment on strengths of war, except that they get the "automatic WQ completion" research and druids don't.

lazygecko

I seriously need a guide on how to play holy paladin in battlegrounds. I tried again today, and performed so bad that I got outhealed by a warrior and death knight in the charts.

v1perz53

Wow, this is super weird. Obviously just coincidence, but my 2nd druid has gotten the exact same first 3 Guardian spec legendaries in the exact same order as my 1st druid did. Expecting this trend will break before my 4th (which was Luffa, the main one I want) hah.

I always level as BM. Still playing my main as BM. Very little downtime and you can always solo above your gear and level. Get a spirit beast in tank spec and pull everything.
i have a spirit beast and he just seems to get rocked. I fucking hate what they did to hunters.

Nokterian

After playing between BM en MMS and tried survival but i will let that one pass. MMS is the better option for leveling and multi targeting but also solo damage, i don't have my artifact yet but to me it feels faster for killing things than BM.

Flying has made World Quests a bit obnoxious as people join groups with WQGF (which is the best thing ever) then just hover over the quest area til other people have done all the work. Was just one or two people doing it, but now I see so many doing it that at times it's been like I am the only one of five people actually doing anything.

I just joined a group for a quest where you had to loot mobs and two players were afk in the sky at 0% progress. I wonder how long they'd been there.

Magnus

I know this is a highly subjective question, but what do you all consider the most fun specs right now? I'm a little less concerned with raid-tier performance.

I remember at Legion launch, Windwalker and Enh Shaman were both regarded as top notch fun specs that just felt great to play. Still true?

In terms of all 12 classes, right now I have 4x 110s (Priest, Paladin, Druid, DH), 4x 100+ characters (Hunter, DK, Mage, Warlock), and 4x who are are all somewhere between 1 and 85 (Shaman, Rogue, Warrior, Monk).

CHC

Also not 100% sure what the deal is but I'm noticing that 7.2 is perhaps the most generally buggy state I have seen the game in for some time. Getting a lot of weird minor stuff like misaligned map graphics, being stuck in combat, disconnects when jumping down from Skyhold, etc. Weird because WoW is usually pretty polished, but there seem to be lots of little glitches going on. I'm only running Recount right now since I just got back into the game.

Tarazet

I got the hidden Blood appearance, first attempt at Withered training WQ on that character. Did they make it automatic, or did I just get lucky? I was even in Frost loot spec.

Druid over Warrior all day, every day. So much more versatility, fun, and convenience no matter if it's solo, grouped, or in a BG. It's the only class in the game with 4 specs. hey are all super different from one another and a blast to play as well. I main guardian with boomkin as my secondary, but I can heal super well too. Feral still needs more tuning, but it's a great change of pace when you need it. As a rule of thumb, feral are weaker on trash but do very well on boss encounters when they can play the long game with bleed rotations. Feral is pretty hard to master.

I'm looking forward to the druid changes on ptr right now. Boosting maul's dmg by 400% and taking it off the GCD sounds pretty interesting as far as rotating dps vs avoidance/survivability.

Lain

I know this is a highly subjective question, but what do you all consider the most fun specs right now? I'm a little less concerned with raid-tier performance.

I remember at Legion launch, Windwalker and Enh Shaman were both regarded as top notch fun specs that just felt great to play. Still true?

In terms of all 12 classes, right now I have 4x 110s (Priest, Paladin, Druid, DH), 4x 100+ characters (Hunter, DK, Mage, Warlock), and 4x who are are all somewhere between 1 and 85 (Shaman, Rogue, Warrior, Monk).

I have a Paladin/Rogue/Warlock/Demon Hunter/Hunter/Monk at 110 that I use regularly. Out of all of them, the one I have the most fun with is definitely the Havoc Demon Hunter. Strong, quick, can face almost anything without fear. I also love my Affliction Lock (because of how damn strong she is at soloing anything and everything and because she makes things explode) and my BM Hunter but the DH feels like the one with less issues when it comes to being able to keep pushing buttons and thus being enjoyable.
My WW Monk is always energy starved (and feels pretty weak to me compared to what it felt like in WoD/start of Legion), same for my Rogue and my Hunter. I love soul draining with the Lock (which seems like it's gonna get changed soon and the lock might lose a lot of fun points with me) but the dot management, because of the short timers, gets a bit tiring after a while. The Paladin, which I've loved since BC, just feels boring to play now.

jiiikoo

Banned
OMG, got my first legendary item ever (haven't been playing all that much legion because of school). Raddon's Cascading Eyes, not sure if it's any good for a demon hunter, but got a nice boost to my ilvl.

Tarazet

No. Been trying on my Pally and DK with no luck.

I still have to get my Paladin to 110, so I suppose that's where I will get my come-uppance.

So far I've got the Enhancement Shaman, Shadow Priest, Destruction Warlock, and Blood Death Knight hidden appearances. The Mage and Druid have had no luck so far.

Lomax

Also not 100% sure what the deal is but I'm noticing that 7.2 is perhaps the most generally buggy state I have seen the game in for some time. Getting a lot of weird minor stuff like misaligned map graphics, being stuck in combat, disconnects when jumping down from Skyhold, etc. Weird because WoW is usually pretty polished, but there seem to be lots of little glitches going on. I'm only running Recount right now since I just got back into the game.

Legion has been incredibly buggy every step of the way, 7.2 hasn't seemed any better or worse than any of the rest of it to me. By the time they iron everything out they release a new patch with a whole new set of issues.

lazygecko

I just waste my Dalaran hearthstone while in Skyhold now rather than risk another annoying disconnect and logging back in to find myself in fucking Aszuna again.

TheYanger

Legion is definitely buggier, but it's mostly minor shit and I think that's an inevitability with how quickly content has been pushed. I will choose this every single time over a drip feed of 'polished' shit.

v1perz53

Druid over Warrior all day, every day. So much more versatility, fun, and convenience no matter if it's solo, grouped, or in a BG. It's the only class in the game with 4 specs. hey are all super different from one another and a blast to play as well. I main guardian with boomkin as my secondary, but I can heal super well too. Feral still needs more tuning, but it's a great change of pace when you need it. As a rule of thumb, feral are weaker on trash but do very well on boss encounters when they can play the long game with bleed rotations. Feral is pretty hard to master.

I'm looking forward to the druid changes on ptr right now. Boosting maul's dmg by 400% and taking it off the GCD sounds pretty interesting as far as rotating dps vs avoidance/survivability.

It's off the GCD now, they're putting it ON the GCD. But I agree, I like this change a lot. I LOVE the idea of dmg->survivability tradeoff, and they seem to be adding a lot of the back to the tanks, between Seraphim for pallies or new Revenge for Wars. Helps soloing a lot too. I wish they would give back its small cleave though, was always nice.

The change I DON'T love is the removal of Mark of Ursol though. Sure, it was overpowered (because they didn't balance it correctly) and Bears will be fine without it, but as a rule passive mitigation is more boring than active. For M+ where I was never not tanking something, I had to chose to use Ironfur or Ursol and it was an interesting choice, and let me handle specific frequent magic mechanics like Nightbane's breath or Ivanyr in Arcway who just chain casts. Don't remove my mitigation that takes thought and skill, nerf my passive mitigation to magic instead.

Fjordson

Hmm, I have a weird transmog issue. Tier sets should be account wide, right?

I just picked up a few pieces of the 25 man set from ICC on my alliance shaman, but they aren't available for transmog on my horde shaman. I'm confused. Was going to run it again on this guy to try and get a few more pieces, but is it not account-wide...?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hmm, I have a weird transmog issue. Tier sets should be account wide, right?

I just picked up a few pieces of the 25 man set from ICC on my alliance shaman, but they aren't available for transmog on my horde shaman. I'm confused. Was going to run it again on this guy to try and get a few more pieces, but is it not account-wide...?

theres a window where you can refund the item you purchased

it doesnt unlock account-wide until you either wait out the priod or delete the item

Fjordson

theres a window where you can refund the item you purchased

it doesnt unlock account-wide until you either wait out the priod or delete the item
Ahh, you're right! Thank you! Totally forgot about that little wrinkle.

Also, actively transmogging them seems to end the refund window and make them account-wide.

I just waste my Dalaran hearthstone while in Skyhold now rather than risk another annoying disconnect and logging back in to find myself in fucking Aszuna again.

I haven't had the disconnect and end up in Azsuna error yet but I've had the Skyhold transit into a zone simply fail numerous times. Rather than shooting down like a comet like you're supposed to, I'm just falling straight down from the sky. First time it caught me off guard so I didn't use Mighty Leap in time to save myself.

Lomax

Legion is definitely buggier, but it's mostly minor shit and I think that's an inevitability with how quickly content has been pushed. I will choose this every single time over a drip feed of 'polished' shit.

I agree it's the right choice, so long as they can sustain the rate of release. After all, there's always going to be bugs and balance issues no matter how long they test for. My concern is that 7.3 is going to hit and they're going to delude themselves into thinking that the next expansion is less than six months away, and we're going to have another massive wait with no new content. But we'll see.

Top Bottom