• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Humans are the worse tho so.

This could be returning hype talking, and im only like 1 week into my resub (well plus the free week they gave me) but I could totally see myself level my non 110s just to do this mount quest. Did they make the order hall campaign faster btw?

Lain

Humans are the worse tho so.

This could be returning hype talking, and im only like 1 week into my resub (well plus the free week they gave me) but I could totally see myself level my non 110s just to do this mount quest. Did they make the order hall campaign faster btw?

Yeah, the follower mission part got shorter times now. I believe 2 hours missions (which can be shortened to 1 hour) for the first tranche and 8 hours missions (which can be shortened to 4 hours unless you're a mage, in which case you're rekt'd because you don't have access to a follower with the right counter until after getting those missions done) for the second tranche.
Those missions might have been shortened further though, not sure.

Shahadan

I'm so fucking sick of achievements popping up everytime I fart and when I fart again at the same spot on another character.
And people in guildchat always spamming "gg!" regardless of what it was. Why even bother. Fuck this. I want an option to disable achievements pop ups and more importantly, kill this atrocious idea of notifying everyone in your guild everytime you get one

I'm so fucking sick of achievements popping up everytime I fart and when I fart again at the same spot on another character.
And people in guildchat always spamming "gg!" regardless of what it was. Why even bother. Fuck this. I want an option to disable achievements pop ups and more importantly, kill this atrocious idea of notifying everyone in your guild everytime you get one

I was in a guild for a short time over a year ago and one of the reasons I left was because of that. What was even more annoying is that there were people who got upset if you didn't acknowledge their "grats" or whatever it is they would say.

Westlo

Yeah, the follower mission part got shorter times now. I believe 2 hours missions (which can be shortened to 1 hour) for the first tranche and 8 hours missions (which can be shortened to 4 hours unless you're a mage, in which case you're rekt'd because you don't have access to a follower with the right counter until after getting those missions done) for the second tranche.
Those missions might have been shortened further though, not sure.

As someone who also returned and have been leveling characters up, they're all 1 hour missions now.

Robin64

People only get a grats for an achievement from me when it was something I think deserves it. You went to the Darkmoon Faire? Fuck off, I ain't gratsing you for that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
As someone who also returned and have been leveling characters up, they're all 1 hour missions now.

sweet, makes the prospect of lvling my remaining 100s mroe appealing. You also dont need that pillars of creation bullshit these days right? that doesnt actually affect anything in the end game, the game / story just assumes you did it right?

oh and Priest mount got :p oh awesome it changes tints depending on your spec... as they all fucking should. WTF blizzard?

Jag

sweet, makes the prospect of lvling my remaining 100s mroe appealing. You also dont need that pillars of creation bullshit these days right? that doesnt actually affect anything in the end game, the game / story just assumes you did it right?

The only thing alts need is the class specific questline for the 3rd relic slot. It usually is under the title Rogue Campaign or Death Knight Campaign, etc.

Ah, shit a Swift White Hawkstrider dropped in Magisters Terrance. I won the roll but, the guy who got it decided fuck it he was keeping it. )= he also got an orb in the same dungeon!

Rhaknar

The only thing alts need is the class specific questline for the 3rd relic slot. It usually is under the title Rogue Campaign or Death Knight Campaign, etc.

I mean, thts what you get at the end of the order campaign isnt it?

Jag

I mean, thts what you get at the end of the order campaign isnt it?

Yeah, but on my alts I'm usually 110 before I finish it and running off to gear up using WQs. I always forget that I have to go back and finish the third slot.

Rhaknar

Yeah, but on my alts I'm usually 110 before I finish it and running off to gear up using WQs. I always forget that I have to go back and finish the third slot.

ah ha! I actually am wondering wtf is going on with my Pali's order hall campaign, im 108 and I havent gotten any new quest yet since my first 2 champions (I've been leveling him up via invasions mostly)

ah ha! I actually am wondering wtf is going on with my Pali's order hall campaign, im 108 and I havent gotten any new quest yet since my first 2 champions (I've been leveling him up via invasions mostly)

Pally requires the Exodar / Light's Heart scenario, if you skipped that like a sane person.

Rhaknar

Pally requires the Exodar / Light's Heart scenario, if you skipped that like a sane person.

son of a bitch.

Also, that feel when you want to try out other specs and your artifacts dont have relics, or have random low ass relics ;_;

Rhaknar

man fuck this exodar lights heart bullshit :(

edit: heh solo'ed the 3 rare elites as demonology, that actually felt pretty good. Interesting, the defeat a invasion quest doesnt seem to be part of the mount questline, because I still havent done it and im already up to the garrison mission part, which is the second to last, after its 100 demons on BS and then its the actual mount quest.

One shotted every boss in Heroic Tomb but Maiden who took two.

Then we wiped 13 times on KJ with one 1% wipe. I hate that darkness phase and the third phase is brutal

Freeman76

I gave up just before flying mounts were introduced. Has anything been added since then? Did they ever do a Timeless Isle type thing for Legion?

iFirez

Mostly enjoying my time leveling in Northrend right now. It got a bit boring but I found a tower in Dragonblight with a bunch of other players talking to a Gnome called Chromie and a shit ton of dragons everywhere (who doesn't love dragons?). I really enjoyed questing there, even did a quest where a future version of me appeared -- very cool.

I also installed my first couple of Addons (please recommend me some more if you'd like). I got Bagnon, which makes my bags all merge into on window - which I love. AutoTurnIn but I'm only using it for boring questing zones and dungeons to get through quickly, I've actually turned it off right now for where I'm questing, I like and want to read the quests. Rarity which shows me mounts and pets that I can get in my zone, this is mostly a thing I've added for when I'm higher level. And then I also added an addon that shows me numbers on my cool downs which is just handy for me. None of these drastically change the game in anyway which is why I liked them, Bagnon being the only interface changing one and is just way better than half my screen been filled with separate bags in my opinion.

Rhaknar

Lock mount done. All the mounts shall belong to me!

edit: son of a BITCH. Mount not done because one of the steps is a item from a legion assault scenario boss, and I JUST did the one up right now earlier lol >_<

Also got to 110 on the pali... any tips for gearing him up quickly, bar buying crafted gear? Any trick quests that give a high lvl item or something? Seeing those 805 world quest rewards is a bummer.

BT timewalking

yeah because im getting into one of those with my 792 Pali :p

TheYanger

Lock mount done. All the mounts shall belong to me!

Also got to 110 on the pali... any tips for gearing him up quickly, bar buying crafted gear? Any trick quests that give a high lvl item or something? Seeing those 805 world quest rewards is a bummer.

BT timewalking

Lain

Timewalking in general should provide something too. Drops in the dungeons + base gear you can buy with the tokens.

Rhaknar

apparently heroics are 845 base now too?

Heroics are 845 base yeah but there's no real requirements for timewalking q'ing so if you ding 110 in a TW week it's probably where you should focus.

Half the time gearing to be able to q for heroics I'll end up surpassing them entirely (via dauntless, basic mythic, LFR, etc) and have barely done heroics at all since the bump.

ty guys, will do after i finish up my art quests I guess

edit: heh timewalking gear really makes the whole color system seem meaningless, got 865 boots from it, and its...well blue :p

Corpekata

Banned
Heroics are 845 base yeah but there's no real requirements for timewalking q'ing so if you ding 110 in a TW week it's probably where you should focus.

Half the time gearing to be able to q for heroics I'll end up surpassing them entirely (via dauntless, basic mythic, LFR, etc) and have barely done heroics at all since the bump.

Lain

I was inspecting a Rogue who was doing some awesome DPS in the group and I saw a piece of her set was Relinquished. Can Relinquished gear also turn into set pieces?!

Also, decided to make my DH an Alchemist, since my other Alchemist is on the account without Legion. I'm really hating how long this questline is going on and on before I can even start getting some real recipes.

Corpekata

Banned
Relinquished can be anything besides Tomb gear IIRC. World Boss loot, nighthold gear, all dungeons, etc.

Not sure about Nightbane loot.

As a person that enjoys questing and leveling up alts, it's pretty sad that the point of professions now are to level up professions, and not to get any sort of use out of them during the process. Crafting in games is usually tedious, but I don't think I've ever seen such a useless crafting system in a game.

I was inspecting a Rogue who was doing some awesome DPS in the group and I saw a piece of her set was Relinquished. Can Relinquished gear also turn into set pieces?!

Yes. I assume they can't turn into the current tier, but they can definitely turn into the previous tier.

Nokterian

Between switching DK,Drood and DH..i find these the most fun with tanking. DK is simply amazing with all those self heals same as DH.

Druid is just a big ball of fur with an gigantic healthpool, i really like it.

In legendary blogging news I got Salsabim's on my monk last night, which is one of two I want so that was a bit of a relief.

And then it was canceled out this morning by getting Valeera on my rogue. Four left in Outlaw, 3/4 I would equip.

Between switching DK,Drood and DH..i find these the most fun with tanking. DK is simply amazing with all those self heals same as DH.

Druid is just a big ball of fur with an gigantic healthpool, i really like it.

I think my fun rankings would go 1) Druid / Brew, 2) DK, 3) DH, 4) Warrior, (not 110), 5) Getting run over by a ca,r 6) Paladin.

CHC

As a person that enjoys questing and leveling up alts, it's pretty sad that the point of professions now are to level up professions, and not to get any sort of use out of them during the process. Crafting in games is usually tedious, but I don't think I've ever seen such a useless crafting system in a game.

I really don't know why they insist on making crafting so shitty and tertiary to the game. With ALL the ways they add to acquire relatively amazing in a decently easy manner, it's just terrible that crafting is such a roundabout way to get the same junk without any other benefit.

I disagree with a lot of these.

1) Your pets are doing over 50% of your damage. If you have to move, then it's not going to hurt that much. You also go through mana like crazy so you probably have to Life Tap. If you don't, then you can channel Demonwrath to try and get a soul shard.
2) AoE is OK as long as they are stacked. The Hand of Gul'dan buff helped a lot. If you really want to do a lot of AOE and don't mind losing out on a bit of ST burst then you can take Supremacy.
3) This is definitely true, downtime hurts Demo a lot if it's more than a few seconds.
4) I keep /petattack on a hotkey and that helps with target swapping. Your Felguard will automatically charge to the new target if it's more than 8 yards away. But the imps and dreadstalkers aren't as easy.
5) Your burst is your artifact ability. If you know an important add is going to pop then you save it for the add. It hits like a ton of bricks.
1) ehrm? do you play demo? your pets last very little, and when you move you don't generate shards (or at most random shard via legionwrath) and you're not casting more demon... demonology damage works on having a STEADY amount of demons and has a terrible ramp up..
2) agreed, but you're a fracry from "pure aoe" build.. the only way for you to aoe properly is that you have to take the talent where gul'dan applies doom, you have to pop the beholder like demon and you have to spam legionwrath and alternate the hog... so much to do whereas most spec use one button, you have a long setup...
4) of course for the felguard it's easy, i'm talking about the other pets :)
5) yeah but again, instead of having on demand damage on acceptable cd, you have ONE burst (depending on the number of demon) on a longish cd :)

iFirez

Well, I just hit 80 and jumped into my first Cata dungeon -- holy shit difficulty curve much? I mean they look beautiful but the enemies are doing much higher damage and are using new attacks such as spawning poison under players who aren't tanking... very interesting. I also think we just had a shitty tank on that dungeon as he died a few to many times but then again that could have been a bad healer too. Anyway... back to underwater questing I go!

TheYanger

Well, I just hit 80 and jumped into my first Cata dungeon -- holy shit difficulty curve much? I mean they look beautiful but the enemies are doing much higher damage and are using new attacks such as spawning poison under players who aren't tanking... very interesting. I also think we just had a shitty tank on that dungeon as he died a few to many times but then again that could have been a bad healer too. Anyway... back to underwater questing I go!

Which dungeon was it? sounds like Throne of the Tides perhaps. It's not that the older dungeons don't have mechanics, it's that they've been neutered so many times that you just ignore them during levelling, where Cata is....I wouldn't say HARD but it's tuned a little closer to where you can't just act like nothing does anything lol. Most groups should still be totally fine though, since most people levelling already know all of these dungeons, so if you got a bad group I'd consider it the anomaly.

Normal/levelling dungeons should be LARGELY at the point that you can kind of mess a mechanic up and learn from it without dying or wiping, like standing in that poison for a tick won't kill you and then you learned that it could happen and improved etc.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, RIGHT at each level jump it tends to be harder too since people who are getting in at like, 80 for example, don't have higher stats from gear yet most likely, like an 80 tank vs an 81 tank is probably half as survivable unless they've tweaked heirloomks since the last time I levelled.

Lain

Arcatraz TW is an interesting dungeon because the game is full of these tanks who believe they can tank everything no matter what but then they arrive at the Succubus room and get owned in just a few hits after pulling everything in it.

Tarazet

1) ehrm? do you play demo? your pets last very little, and when you move you don't generate shards (or at most random shard via legionwrath) and you're not casting more demon... demonology damage works on having a STEADY amount of demons and has a terrible ramp up..

The ramp is bad if you have to start from zero, but you can miss a GCD or two moving it doesn't hurt that much. Especially if you have AOE going since you can channel Demonwrath while moving. After living for it for a while it just feels the same as Affliction ramp. Destruction has less ramp, but it is punished a lot worse by having to miss even one cast.

2) agreed, but you're a fracry from "pure aoe" build.. the only way for you to aoe properly is that you have to take the talent where gul'dan applies doom, you have to pop the beholder like demon and you have to spam legionwrath and alternate the hog... so much to do whereas most spec use one button, you have a long setup...

Hand of Doom is all you need. The Darkglare eyeball isn't worth taking, and the shard return from Soul Conduit is way better in any situation. If you have 4+ targets stacked up, you can pre-cast Demonic Empowerment, /petattack, alternate between Demonwrath and Hand of Gul'dan twice then use Demonic Empowerment again and just repeat. Use Dreadstalkers if you get a Demonic Calling proc. If you need even more cleave then use your big cooldowns, that's what they're for and I don't shy away from using them on trash.

iFirez

Which dungeon was it? sounds like Throne of the Tides perhaps. It's not that the older dungeons don't have mechanics, it's that they've been neutered so many times that you just ignore them during levelling, where Cata is....I wouldn't say HARD but it's tuned a little closer to where you can't just act like nothing does anything lol. Most groups should still be totally fine though, since most people levelling already know all of these dungeons, so if you got a bad group I'd consider it the anomaly.

Normal/levelling dungeons should be LARGELY at the point that you can kind of mess a mechanic up and learn from it without dying or wiping, like standing in that poison for a tick won't kill you and then you learned that it could happen and improved etc.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, RIGHT at each level jump it tends to be harder too since people who are getting in at like, 80 for example, don't have higher stats from gear yet most likely, like an 80 tank vs an 81 tank is probably half as survivable unless they've tweaked heirloomks since the last time I levelled.

It was Throne of the Tides, I really enjoyed the final boss actually - really cool dungeon and looked amazing. I can't remember dying in any dungeon before now and this was the first time an entire team wiped, which I think was down to a slow and poor Tank. I'm going to level a little more in Vashj'ir before queuing again anyway.

Fjordson

Good to see groups popping up now for normal ToS asking for AOTC.

Had about a one week window where I could actually get in on raiding Tomb before the craziness took over LFG. Oh well.

Top Bottom