• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

As someone who doesn't have any two-seater flying mounts, both of these Blizz-con Virtual Ticket mounts are pretty awesome. I like them both a lot but the Horde Zeppelin is easily my favourite of the two.

Prot War hidden appearance refuses to pop for me

I would just park my Warrior near the entrance to the cave every time I logged off of it and would run a bit into the entrance to see if the event would proc every time I logged on. Took about seven weeks. Fury on the other hand...

Sooooo Alleria
is going to be a raid boss someday eh?
It's kinda hilarious that this is happening after she heard about what happened to Sylvanas. I wonder if it played a part in her going through with it. Seems like all of the Windrunner sisters are destined to become power-infused rangers.

Whew, NA token up 32,000 now since midnight last night.

Blizzcon virtual ticket mounts probably.

The mounts are cool and I'll probably splurge for a virtual ticket this year. The goodie bags on the other hand never seem to be worth it unless you're really into collecting some of those things.

I enjoy my Sylvanas funko figure, but a lot of the stuff you get from those bags doesn't seem worth the asking price.

Maybe the pins, but I think you can get most of those separately anyway?

Savitar

So I bought a virtual ticket to get two mounts.

Thankfully I got Legion flying the other day, that really should include WoD, that one is the only one I don't have.

Adaren

Sooooo Alleria
is going to be a raid boss someday eh?

Not sure about that.
There seems to be a trend lately of historically-evil magic/characters getting positive portrayals.

- Sylvanas becoming Warchief after nobly fighting alongside Vol'jin.
- Illidan getting retconned to be misunderstood instead of a corrupted tyrant.
- Velen acknowledging the worth of the Shadow and becoming a more angry/violent person.
- Kil'jaeden's "I was always envious of you... :'( " moment. (Side note: I hated this)
- Sargeras fighting against the Void.
- And now we have Alleria, a character using the Void but has the strength of will to resist its influence. Her concern for the Void-corrupted Broken cements her as a heroic character.

Contrast that with X'era (and the Light as a whole) being portrayed negatively.

I think it's more likely that we get some sort of Void Hunter / Dark Ranger next expansion and Alleria becomes their leader.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
would reroll for broken shadow priest immediately
Chieftain_Hatuun.jpg

We made it fam:

Y91XTPL.jpg

Only good one left for Sub is the Soul of the Shadowblade ring, so I've swapped my loot spec to Assassination for now in hopes of getting either that, bracers (again!) or the helm (which used to be bad but I think got better.)

Oh and to be honest, I was quite surprised that I not only got a legendary, but the one I've been after for awhile earlier tonight. Really quick 3 day turn around between bracers here and the last one: only 3 days. Not sure if it was even a full 72 hours.

Best was still getting Mantle and then Gloves 2 days later. Mantle came from a broken shore relinquished token though, so that might have skewed everything.

Bracers aren't as good as the gloves in pure ST though after the nerf, and it's odd playing without the gloves on the couple fights I tried them on today. So that's a little deflating.

Nokterian

My artifact went from 928 ilevel to 948 after getting the crucible, i'm ok with this. Joined a new guild and got my T20 2 bonus set went good right away.

Savitar

My Warlock has been the luckiest of the three I really play. He has six legendaries. Not only that but I actually got two back to back. Literally. I did the druid WQ, got a legendary, forget which. I was pretty happy. I went to turn in something to the Nightfallen and bam, another legendary. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't thought it possible until it happened.

Tarazet

In 6hrs of play yesterday, my ilvl806 affliction warlock without a single point in his weapon is now ilvl 879 and has 4 points into concordance. That's even with missing an entire relic in my weapon. I got lucky and scored a legendary chest though.

This is extremely alt friendly.

I've been taking this time to work on completely rerolling servers. I ground my ass off to get a Warlock up to 920, then I managed it on a Rogue within less than a week come 7.3. I bet that my new Demon Hunter will require even less time, playing as a tank.

Zelias

Banned
Yeah, I feel like I should get back into raiding, just not sure which char to do it with. My main is my Frost Mage but there's several other specs I enjoy (chief among them Frost DK, Havoc DH, SPriest and Arms Warrior).

Yeah, I feel like I should get back into raiding, just not sure which char to do it with. My main is my Frost Mage but there's several other specs I enjoy (chief among them Frost DK, Havoc DH, SPriest and Arms Warrior).

Arms and Spriest are the strongest of all those right now. Otherwise Fire isn't bad. Frost DK is literally bottom of the barrel right now (Unholy much better). DH isn't looking too good either at the moment, and the T21 bonus for them is pretty bad as well. They'd need serious tuning/mechanic changes to be viable on the high end.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#dataset=90&sample=7

(Post Netherlight Crucible Ranks)

I'm kinda glad I switched to my Rogue at least for the moment. Even though we're not crushing damage (it's mostly dominated by range right now), solidly middle of the pack for at least Sub, but we bring so much utility in being able to immune/cheese various mechanics.

Lain

Sorry for double post, but in other news, my WoW install is taking 90GB of my ~120GB SSD.

This MIGHT be a problem. I wonder if I can reduce the file size somehow.

I'm guessing you have a PTR installation you never removed? Or a bunch of screenshots. My installation is at 50GB of which 2 are screenshots.

Hmm, why not?

Favorite...

Overall class: Shaman
RP: Shaman
RP (in-game execution): Druid
Spec: Frost DK, then Arms warrior
Race: Tauren

Top 3 Artifact weapons
1. Doomhammer
2. Blades of the Fallen Prince
3. Truthguard

Zelias

Banned
Arms and Spriest are the strongest of all those right now. Otherwise Fire isn't bad. Frost DK is literally bottom of the barrel right now (Unholy much better). DH isn't looking too good either at the moment, and the T21 bonus for them is pretty bad as well. They'd need serious tuning/mechanic changes to be viable on the high end.

I'm kinda glad I switched to my Rogue at least for the moment. Even though we're not crushing damage (it's mostly dominated by range right now), solidly middle of the pack for at least Sub, but we bring so much utility in being able to immune/cheese various mechanics.
I'd mostly be looking for Heroic raiding at most so I'll take a fun spec over a chart-topping one. That said, I've mained SPriest as late as early WoD, so maybe I'll look at giving that another go. Thanks for the info.

Kinda wish reputation transferred between characters though :/

On the WoW folder size thing, my WoW folder is 43.8GB, and that's with a fair amount of mods.

Yeah I dunno what I did. PTR should be on a separate drive.

Maybe logs? But I delete those every so often.

Might try a fresh install or scan/repair.

I do have a fair amount of screenshots though, might migrate those.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure if it's because Broken Isles invasions are not balanced for 100-109, but damn does it take forever to kill something with my Aff Warlock lvl 104. I've got almost every heirlooms, but the rest is just ilvl 700 stuff since I've only played the last 2-3 lvls with invasions, so no gear rewards since 101, maybe that's just it though.

Zelias

Banned
I'm not sure if it's because Broken Isles invasions are not balanced for 100-109, but damn does it take forever to kill something with my Aff Warlock lvl 104. I've got almost every heirlooms, but the rest is just ilvl 700 stuff since I've only played the last 2-3 lvls with invasions, so no gear rewards since 101, maybe that's just it though.
When I levelled alts through invasions, I just used the World Quest Group Finder addon. Much easier when you're in a party, I never felt like I could do much solo.

Nokterian

Feral is a good place right now, i'm really enjoying it.

When I levelled alts through invasions, I just used the World Quest Group Finder addon. Much easier when you're in a party, I never felt like I could do much solo.

Get World Quest Tracker for getting in to groups and yeah i did that also, XP goes way up when doing that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ya invasion mobs are noticably tougher than regular quest mobs on a sub 110 char

Feral is a good place right now, i'm really enjoying it.

Yeah Feral got quite the buff. Just good luck finding any competitive raider that had been playing it (at least as a main spec/class).

I know of two feral druids right now, one a friend in my last guild who was just okay, but maybe held back by the spec, and a guy in my new guild who's pretty decent as far as I can tell. But even with the damage buff it's sort of like, why bring a feral Druid as leather melee (on the vanq token no less!) when there's rogues with feint and cloak? Innervate maybe, and battle rez I guess, but rezes can be handled by other Druid roles or classes.

It might be fun to work on my Mage again a bit, but with no good legendaries yet that might be kinda depressing. Aff lock might make a good candidate though - only have one legendary on her.

But since I'm playing Alliance right now, no matter what I'd either have to drop $55 transferring one of my current 110s, use the 100 boost I have banked, or level from scratch. With the last two options, starting with no max level stuff is kind of intimidating at this point (besides the account-wide unlocks like flying, etc.)

Oh, unrelated, Season 4 PvP achieves came out on Tuesday. Got my Challenger title on my DH. If I had gone to transfer and play her Alliance I would've lost that since it was between seasons when I started with this new guild.

Nokterian

Yeah Feral got quite the buff. Just good luck finding any competitive raider that had been playing it (at least as a main spec/class).

I know of two feral druids right now, one a friend in my last guild who was just okay, but maybe held back by the spec, and a guy in my new guild who's pretty decent as far as I can tell. But even with the damage buff it's sort of like, why bring a feral Druid as leather melee (on the vanq token no less!) when there's rogues with feint and cloak? Innervate maybe, and battle rez I guess, but rezes can be handled by other Druid roles or classes.

It might be fun to work on my Mage again a bit, but with no good legendaries yet that might be kinda depressing. Aff lock might make a good candidate though - only have one legendary on her.

But since I'm playing Alliance right now, no matter what I'd either have to drop $55 transferring one of my current 110s, use the 100 boost I have banked, or level from scratch. With the last two options, starting with no max level stuff is kind of intimidating at this point (besides the account-wide unlocks like flying, etc.)

Oh, unrelated, Season 4 PvP achieves came out on Tuesday. Got my Challenger title on my DH. If I had gone to transfer and play her Alliance I would've lost that since it was between seasons when I started with this new guild.

In my new guild it doesn't matter, saw a top tier feral druid being number two on damage this was normal ToS.

I will do my rogue next, but i'm having fun right now..feral was always a cumberstone, to much tinkering and not fun.

I've dropped 50 euro's (before it went to 60) boosting all my classes to 100..there now all of them 110 got 10 out 12 class mounts. Worth every penny i spend on it, i just can't level up anymore from 1 to 100..i just can't.

Personally I don't like druids that much overall though. Never been a fan of the shapeshift mechanic as implemented in WoW. So I haven't been motivated to level mine to 110 yet.

Maybe I'd like it better if I just played resto, but I've never really been much of a healer. Having to have a somewhat drastically different UI configuration/keybinds always made me uncomfortable. Whereas DPS and tanking are essentially do the same thing with different awarenesses for each, healing is a whole different beast.

And normal and to a lesser extent heroic aren't the best gauges of ability beyond the first week or two of heroic when the mechanics are still fresh and people don't massively overgear the encounters. Really with minimal mechanics they're mostly target dummies. I can see this in my own parses where I usually can hit 95%+ in normals, maybe 80-90%+ in heroic, and then frequently severe drop offs for mythic bosses (at least for some time) that are often much more involved.

Probably double post again, but oh well.

Seems the reported 90GB Size for WoW is some sort of error/bug in Windows' storage UI.

Cause I see this:

TE4YLWs.png

But if I go back a page I see this instead:

TctGACE.png

Doesn't add up, right!?

Directly examining the WoW folder, and using WinDirStat, WoW is listed at ~45GB (which is still rather large, mind you.)

I dunno why it's doubling the estimated installation size in that one screen. I do have the PTR installed, but it's on a completely different hard disk, and that one screen is only supposed to show files off the (C:) Drive.

WoW being 45 gigs being large I would've agreed with you a few years ago but DOOM 2016 is double that. It is probably a display error but games are super huge now

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Probably double post again, but oh well.

Seems the reported 90GB Size for WoW is some sort of error/bug in Windows' storage UI.

Cause I see this:

TE4YLWs.png

But if I go back a page I see this instead:

TctGACE.png

Doesn't add up, right!?

Directly examining the WoW folder, and using WinDirStat, WoW is listed at ~45GB (which is still rather large, mind you.)

I dunno why it's doubling the estimated installation size in that one screen. I do have the PTR installed, but it's on a completely different hard disk, and that one screen is only supposed to show files off the (C:) Drive.

Weird, just checked WoW and it says 36.5GB. I'm on W10 too.

Just finished Balance of Power on my Demon Hunter. I'm not sure if I want to do it again on every character. My Warrior just passed the Emerald Nightmare portion of the quest.

Magnus

Weird thing happened:

My Altoholic reported an additional character on my account today that isn't mine. It's what appears to be a boosted warrior that's never been logged in. I confirmed the character exists on WoW armory.

wtf

(I would happily welcome it, since it's a level 100 warrior, and I don't have a high level warrior on this server/faction)

but wtf?

Magnus

Do you use an authenticator?

Yes. Never had a security breach on my account. And I should specify clearly, that I don't actually have this character. I've checked my game, all realms, and double-checked via battle.net (on the character transfer services screen).

It's a real character on the server according to armory, but it's not mine. Yet it showed up in my Altoholic. So strange.

Top Bottom