• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

ampere

bA4C2BV.png

Legion is out, it's pretty cool.

FAQ:
"What do I do there are so many quests at level 110, halp"

The best thing to do is to get each zone's rep to Friendly, and then move on to a new zone and repeat. Once you get all the reps at friendly you unlock World Quests which are a great way to gear up and are generally pretty fun versions of dailies since they rotate.

"What are dungeons, how do I dungeons"

Blizzard has fleshed out the Mythic dungeon system from Warlords, and now you can do higher levels of Mythic dungeons as you complete them. If you complete a dungeon on Mythic you get a keystone for a higher level, and you can look for a group in the dungeon finder to carry you even if you aren't quite experienced enough to do it normally. Everyone who clears the dungeon gets Artifact Power so there's an incentive to carry people.

"Wow these artifact traits cost a billion points"

Yea, and this is why it's important to do Artifact Knowledge research. If you can only log on to do 1 thing for 1 minute each week, make it Artifact Knowledge research. You must be level 110 to start this.

Previous OTs
OT1, OT2, OT3, OT4, OT5, OT6, OT7, OT8

GAF Players Google Document
GAF Players

Patch Trailers & Reveals
Warlords of Draenor: Patch 6.2 - Fury of Hellfire
Mists of Pandaria: Patch 5.2 - The Thunder King, Patch 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar
Cataclysm: Patch 4.1 - Rise of the Zandalari, Patch 4.3 - Hour of Twilight
Wrath of the Lich King: Patch 3.1 - Secrets of Ulduar, Patch 3.2 - Call of the Crusade, Patch 3.3 - Fall of the Lich King
The Burning Crusade: Patch 2.1 - The Black Temple, Patch 2.3 - The Gods of Zul'Aman, Patch 2.4 - Fury of the Sunwell
Classic: Patch 1.11 - Shadow of the Necropolis

Expansion Reveals
Legion Gamescom 2015 Reveal
Warlords of Draenor BlizzCon 2013 Reveal
Mists of Pandaria BlizzCon 2011 Reveal
Cataclysm BlizzCon 2009 reveal
Wrath of the Lich King BlizzCon 2007 Reveal
The Burning Crusade BlizzCon 2005 Reveal

Official Sites
Official US WoW site, Official EU WoW site

Community Websites
MMO-Champion - WoW and Blizzard game news
Wowhead - WoW database
Simple Armory - great armory website to easily view your achievements/pets/mounts (unfortunately not yet updated for Legion
Openraid - community event planning website
WoWProgress - guild and character rankings
Arena Junkies - PvP rankings
GuildOx - character rankings (good for looking up % of players with a mount or achievement)
Curse - Addon resource
WoW Interface - Addon resource
WoWpedia

|OT8| Wall of Shame
NtA4WbO.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I get bored at work >_>

Sweet, didn't make the cut-off for the wall of shame this time round and Rhaknar literally posted almost 4 times more than I did.

Xeteh

I finally did Arcway/Court of Stars despite having them unlocked for weeks. Court was fine, not really a fan of Arcway.

M.D

Finally unlocked the suramar dungeons.
I did court of starts for the first time as +5, wasn't really that difficult but the concept is cool. Also it's something that should never be pugged.

Azzurri

I finally did Arcway/Court of Stars despite having them unlocked for weeks. Court was fine, not really a fan of Arcway.

Got some good news for ya.

Reputation will not be made account-wide, no, but we will be easing a couple of linked features with 7.1.

First, Court of Stars and The Arcway will now unlock account-wide once each individual dungeon is completed once on an account.

Second, World Quests will no longer have the "friendly" reputation unlock requirement for secondary/alt characters. Once you hit 110 on an alt, you will immediately receive a quest to speak with Khadgar to receive your Flight Master's Whistle and unlock World Quests, as long as you've already unlocked World Quests on your main.

Hope this answers your concerns! :)

Title should have been. World of Warcraft in 2016, Lol.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The world quest rep didn't need changing. Dungeon unlock did though.
The benefit to the world quest rep change means you are not beholden to main lining the zones and swapping between them before being done with them.

Renekton

WMqG3QG.jpg

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749645045#post-11

First, Court of Stars and The Arcway will now unlock account-wide once each individual dungeon is completed once on an account.

Second, World Quests will no longer have the "friendly" reputation unlock requirement for secondary/alt characters. Once you hit 110 on an alt, you will immediately receive a quest to speak with Khadgar to receive your Flight Master's Whistle and unlock World Quests

How soon is 7.1?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That's like a post every 15 minutes during an 8 hour workday, (not accounting for weekends or posting outside of that 8 hour period - I'm being lazy with my math.)

DO YOU EVEN ACTUALLY DO WORK BRUH?

Lets see, I've watched 3 episodes of House Season 1 on netflix so far this shift, you tell me.

Don't be jelly bruh

Edit: also im 853 as resto / 851 as dps on my Monk (I raid as resto but do mythics as dps, im not sure what my main spec is anymore).

Strimei

Guys, what is your highest item level right meow? I'm sitting at a casul 848.

Agh my sub ends the same time haha.

851 on my main.

And its just a guess, it may well be eariler, but I expect it to be a month at the minimum, and it'll give it a fair amount of time to let Emerald Nightmare be the current content (remember that it brings the Trial of Valor mini raid).

M.D

Guys, what is your highest item level right meow? I'm sitting at a casul 848.

Agh my sub ends the same time haha.
Got a 880 head piece from the weekly mythic chest, 880 BiS ring from normal raid and 860 relic from HC dungeon all today

Apathy

Really wish that they would also update the lfg tool. Separating mythic and mythic+ for starter and sorting options and being able to look for more than one dungeon but less than all of them

Bizazedo

Second, World Quests will no longer have the "friendly" reputation unlock requirement for secondary/alt characters. Once you hit 110 on an alt, you will immediately receive a quest to speak with Khadgar to receive your Flight Master's Whistle and unlock World Quests
Don't see how that part was the issue, you're probably friendly already by 110.

864 on my DH.
Howwwwwwwwwwwwwwww?

853 Warrior here, equipped.

On the bright side, hit exalted Nightfallen last week and Highmountain today. The rep tokens you get from missions become bind on account once you hit exalted with their specific faction.
Lor'themar Theron did nothing wrong!

Garrosh. Garrosh did nothing wrong.

The cooldown for all Class Hall abilities which allow you to instantly complete a World Quest has been reduced from 3 days to 18 hours, and the time taken to complete the work order for the item used by these abilities has been reduced to 10 minutes.

Huh

better

or worse

Don't see how that part was the issue, you're probably friendly already by 110.

Not necessarily. With like any amount of rested you're either not finishing zones to completion on the way to 110, switching zones immediately after hitting friendly, or you'll have at least one, if not 1.5+ zones left uncompleted at 110 that you'd need to do for rep. The requirement also pretty heavily prohibited leveling styles outside of questing - if you wanted to dungeon, PvP, pet battle, whatever your way to 110, you couldn't really do it because you'd have to go back an grind (however small or large a grind it may be) the reps to friendly for world quests.

Essentially there was one linear path to 110 that made sense with the friendly requirement. This loosens that restriction quite a bit, so you don't feel obligated to do leveling zones for the umpteenth time, just to unlock a basic endgame activity.

Huh

better

or worse

Better but still pretty worthless compared to the alternatives.

Bizazedo

Huh

better

or worse

Yay, I can use it to clear up trivial WQ's faster. It's still dumb that you can't use it on the hard ones.

Essentially there was one linear path to 110 that made sense with the friendly requirement. This loosens that restriction quite a bit, so you don't feel obligated to do leveling zones for the umpteenth time, just to unlock a basic endgame activity.

Fair enough.

Repo Man

Ok this happens a lot and I don't recall it ever being an issue in my 11 years of playing this game but say I'm questing in Suramar in the city and I enter a building to kill a mob or whatever, my view is constantly blocked by some shit like a tapestry on the wall or something similar. At first I found it merely a minor annoyance but as the expansion goes on its getting more and more infuriating when some wall rug is obscuring my view whenever I'm inside a building and I have to keep rotating or zooming in my camera.

Milennia

quick mythic reclear this week, as expected ilgynoth change didnt affect us much as we were close to 2 phasing him on progress anyway, fight is better for the change ofc.

Rhaknar

Anyone managed to sell neck enchants for exuberant prices? I saw they were going for 40k on my server and got all excited but I havent managed to sell the one I made for 38k :/

Was hoping this would quickly finance my yak since I can actually make 3 or 4 by now with all the chaos crystals I have across my characters.

Ark

858 on my prot warrior main. 827 on my outlaw rogue alt. Really need some relics to drop from heroic, but all we've been getting are shadow relics.

We also saw four legendaries drop for our guild last night. Of course, not for me, but it seems to be catching up for some people.

Arthos

Loving Legion. Haven't enjoyed the game this much since Wrath. I main a holy priest. If anyone wants to run Mythics or something, let me know. :) Add me! luxuriasin#1498

Still have my 100 boost but I have no idea on who to use it on. Debating between a warrior or a monk.

Top Bottom