• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

v1perz53

Fuck Sanguine,Volcanic,Fortitude..worst of the bunch of all keys i have experienced.

Wow, I was just about to post how this week was like a breath of fresh air compared to the last 2. We struggled to even get a 15 done last week, the week before settled for a 14, but this week we easily got a 16 done in the time limit.

I honestly can't even think of what part of this key combo your groups could be struggling with aside from certain annoying dungeons where mobs don't move easily and sit in sanguine. It is basically just fortified, the other two affixes don't do anything unless you mess up and stand in a thing. I guess volcanic is kind of annoying for turret casty based classes?

Wow, I was just about to post how this week was like a breath of fresh air compared to the last 2. We struggled to even get a 15 done last week, the week before settled for a 14, but this week we easily got a 16 done in the time limit.

I honestly can't even think of what part of this key combo your groups could be struggling with aside from certain annoying dungeons where mobs don't move easily and sit in sanguine. It is basically just fortified, the other two affixes don't do anything unless you mess up and stand in a thing. I guess volcanic is kind of annoying for turret casty based classes?

It's pretty much just look at your feet week.

edit: I guess imps in CoS could be annoying if people don't know interrupt = move.

I honestly feel like I'm cursed. I was booted from no less then 15 TWing groups for no reason otehr then I'm a Beast Master Hunter. Then after spending 35 minutes in queue I get into a group of idiots that are constantly wiping. We spend 30 minutes bashing our heads in before making it to the end and I get booted for pulling the boss. It's times like this I feel like unsubbing. After tonights shit-show I honestly am considering.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
doing timewalking quest on 6 different characters is a good way to burn yourself real good >_>

Robin64

Volume III, boys! March 2018.

DE9Bg-gUwAA-MBj.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
timewalking sucks ass, I've long ago written off doing the weekly for more than like 2 characters (unless I have a freshly dinged one that can use gear).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
forgot how much I love the new (well enw back then) melee animations with Fury. I lvled so many characters and yet I left my Warrior at 100, even tho I was super in love with Fury during the pre-Legion patch.

whats a good add on to track enrage tho? >_>

Corpekata

Banned
forgot how much I love the new (well enw back then) melee animations with Fury. I lvled so many characters and yet I left my Warrior at 100, even tho I was super in love with Fury during the pre-Legion patch.

whats a good add on to track enrage tho? >_>

Weakauras, there's a bunch of custom made WA for every spec that are pretty useful for keeping better track of resources, buffs, procs, etc at https://wago.io/

Brohan

I honestly feel like I'm cursed. I was booted from no less then 15 TWing groups for no reason otehr then I'm a Beast Master Hunter. Then after spending 35 minutes in queue I get into a group of idiots that are constantly wiping. We spend 30 minutes bashing our heads in before making it to the end and I get booted for pulling the boss. It's times like this I feel like unsubbing. After tonights shit-show I honestly am considering.

BM Hunter's are unwanted?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've actually been really enjoying Destruction since resubbing. Feels fun and strong in questing, dungeons, and raids. Looking forward to Mage tower coming back because I'm pretty confident I can beat it.

Now all I need is a 2nd legendary! Gimme dat class ring.

Corpekata

Banned
BM Hunter's are unwanted?

No, and no offense to that poster but random pugs forcibly removing players because of a spec 15 times sounds ludicrous and there has to be more to it. Unless he means declined in q or something as "being kicked."

BM has a rep of being a simple spec that is played by lesser skilled players but they still put up relatively good numbers and that's all a pug cares about.

iFirez

I mean I'm a BM Hunter but I have only just started playing properly recently. I do plan to level alts as my goal is not to really raid or anything just to experience as much solo pve content as I can, I'm actually going to roll a shadow priest when I'm contently at 110 and done everything I want to.

Today's update: Dinged to 90 in Pandaria, started raising a cloud serpent from an egg and went to the Isle of Giants and caught me a couple of Dino Pets and got a rare Battle Pet drop too. Auction house continues to be very lucrative for selling crafting materials and some non-soulbound gear. I will likely start Draenor soon but there's a few things I want to finish in Pandaria and check out befoe I do.

Nokterian

Nah this is one is the worst..past few weeks where not to bad. No matter if it is puddle both with Volcanic and fortitude just fucking suck so terrible.

Lain

From where I sit, BM hunters are awesome. After 7.2.5 my BM Hunter burst like doubled in power. I can't believe someone would get kicked out of groups just because they are playing a BM Hunter. The spec is simple but it's powerful too.

iFirez

From where I sit, BM hunters are awesome. After 7.2.5 my BM Hunter burst like doubled in power. I can't believe someone would get kicked out of groups just because they are playing a BM Hunter. The spec is simple but it's powerful too.

I've really enjoyed playing it, it's just a shame their legion artifact is a gun... I'm trying to transmog my weapon to a gun to get used to it. My Blue Devilsaur wrecks shop and hits hard and I have a Red Direhorn which tanks like a beast... I know all Pet stats are equal now but they still have unique abilities which are really cool. I like having a pet by my side as I explore the world too; it can get lonely in game and in life - so a pet is always best.

Corpekata

Banned
This week's affixes are good, all basically "do the mechanics" fights that are relatively simple. Granted, some dungeons suck ass for volcanic like say, Kara with it's frequent hallways and millions of trash mobs, but compared to most other affixes it's really not a bad week, save maybe for caster DPS on big pulls having to dodge volcanoes all the time.

I'll take Volanic, Sanguine, and Explosive over most affixes, though Explosive sucked last time when combined with teeming a bit. For the most part in those three everyone is in control of most of the mechanics and less reliant on say, healers on grievous or AOE spamming DPS or tanks ruining things on Bursting.

Arms warrior sure is easier to play in dungeons than enhancement shaman, and does more damage too. The only problem is that arms is really lacking when it comes to survival in world PVE, so I can't take on the 3 person group elites as easily.

Really, the spec is super fun to play, but once you use your defensive CDs, it's like...if you can't out DPS the elite, you just watch yourself die. You know it's coming and that's it. I always feel like I have options with my shaman.

I've never been in a TW run where anyone was ever kicked for their class/spec. That's just not something I've seen. Bad plays, multiple bungles, sure, but never for your class or spec. Queue pops and people just zerg rush through the instances. Stonecore, Cata TW, the trash mobs before Ozruk, Ozruk, Ground Slam, insta-gibbed melee dps, that's the only place where shit goes off the rails and PUGS fall apart in TW, in my experience anyways.

Arms warrior sure is easier to play in dungeons than enhancement shaman, and does more damage too. The only problem is that arms is really lacking when it comes to survival in world PVE, so I can't take on the 3 person group elites as easily.

Really, the spec is super fun to play, but once you use your defensive CDs, it's like...if you can't out DPS the elite, you just watch yourself die. You know it's coming and that's it. I always feel like I have options with my shaman.

Prot is like two button presses away. You can just switch for the 3 person scenario, breeze through and switch back. If your AK is high enough, you can fill out the first tier of traits in short order and buy some 880 relics off of the Relinquished vendor on the Broken Shore for some quick catch-up. Even if you don't want to invest much time or energy into the spec, it's handy to have in your back pocket and easy to level up your prot artifact without much time or effort now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

If you can keep using Victory Rush Arms is really good solo. For single big mobs it's pretty lacking but for packs I found it to outclass Fury by a pretty wide margin.

v1perz53

Like others, gonna need a bit more context here. Regular queued TBC timewalking dungeons or Black Temple timewalking? Either way, BM is in a great spot overall I can't imagine anyone kicking someone because of that. I guess there are groups who would kick a DPS for pulling the boss (though I wonder how you even wiped in a dungeon because of that) but I doubt you pulled the boss 15 runs in a row. And if you're talking about BT timewalking I guess people can just be assholes, but still no idea why you'd be getting kicked so much.

Nah this is one is the worst..past few weeks where not to bad. No matter if it is puddle both with Volcanic and fortitude just fucking suck so terrible.

Volcanic literally doesn't exist as an affix. There isn't a single affix in the game easier than Volcanic, it is the only affix (aside from Skittish I guess) that does no damage and has no effect if you avoid it. Fortified is annoying, sure, but it is the affix 50% of the time so gotta get used to it either way. Though I will say, I'd take Fortified over Tyrannical now that we need to get +15s for max rewards, since Fortified will never make a dungeon impossible to finish just make it take a long time, but certain Tyrannical +15 bosses are so hard as to basically be not worth even trying.

At this point I am wondering if you were being sarcastic and we all just missed it. I'm not sure if I should feel dumb.

I've never been in a TW run where anyone was ever kicked for their class/spec. That's just not something I've seen. Bad plays, multiple bungles, sure, but never for your class or spec. Queue pops and people just zerg rush through the instances. Stonecore, Cata TW, the trash mobs before Ozruk, Ozruk, Ground Slam, insta-gibbed melee dps, that's the only place where shit goes off the rails and PUGS fall apart in TW, in my experience anyways.

Honestly I've never seen someone kicked from a TW dungeon at all. I've literally 4 manned some while a DPS was afk and they are so easy that no one bothered to kick the AFK guy.

If you can keep using Victory Rush Arms is really good solo. For single big mobs it's pretty lacking but for packs I found it to outclass Fury by a pretty wide margin.

Oh yeah, it crushes in general play, and the trash heavy dungeons I've done so far. I'm still leveling...107 or 108 now. It's funny how if there is an add (or more), the fight becomes very easy due to victory rush, but it's harder when 1v1.

Damn is the questing gear so sexy. I mean, every piece just flows into the next. Perfect symmetry. Pleasing colors. Top that off with the fresh bovine scent.

RTmsKdf.jpg

Rhaknar

oh come on... you need to have done a bit of the nightfallen shit for the pali mount.

you need to buy an item in disguise (so you need the disguise) and the item is 500man so you need to upgrade your man capacity. :/

They seriously need to do something about the legendary system by 7.3.

It's already in a bad state, but by then it'll be even worse for people rerolling/catching-up.

There's so many specs you are completely useless at without good legendaries.

And this is coming from someone with all their main-spec leggos + a couple offspec ones on their main. Trying to play some alts now and you can't even learn how to play them properly at all without some of these BiS items.

TheYanger

oh come on... you need to have done a bit of the nightfallen shit for the pali mount.

you need to buy an item in disguise (so you need the disguise) and the item is 500man so you need to upgrade your man capacity. :/

To be fair, you want to do those on alts anyway for the absurd AP, and that's like, an hour into the questline tops.

I mean, it sucks that it's more than others have to do, but if it fits the lore it fits the lore I guess, and ultimately it's not a significant investment (If you needed rep on that character it'd be a nother issue entirely).

Rhaknar

To be fair, you want to do those on alts anyway for the absurd AP, and that's like, an hour into the questline tops.

I mean, it sucks that it's more than others have to do, but if it fits the lore it fits the lore I guess, and ultimately it's not a significant investment (If you needed rep on that character it'd be a nother issue entirely).

yeah it was faster than I remembered and the AP is indeed nice with the 40 knowledge

edit: man Arms has nothing on Fury's animations :(

Anyone have a very rough estimate of how many order supplies I should save to finish up the class campaign at lvl110? I had 8,000, then spent half on knowledge.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Anyone have a very rough estimate of how many order supplies I should save to finish up the class campaign at lvl110? I had 8,000, then spent half on knowledge.

You don't really need much, finished my DK campaign last week and i don't think i spent more than 3k.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've really enjoyed playing it, it's just a shame their legion artifact is a gun... I'm trying to transmog my weapon to a gun to get used to it. My Blue Devilsaur wrecks shop and hits hard and I have a Red Direhorn which tanks like a beast... I know all Pet stats are equal now but they still have unique abilities which are really cool. I like having a pet by my side as I explore the world too; it can get lonely in game and in life - so a pet is always best.

Well if you don't like the default gun you can buy the hidden appearance unlock, which is the gnomish looking mechanical bow. And of course if that's not your bag, just transmog the gun to a bow you do like.

I agree about pets though. I could never play a petless Hunter spec. It's too much fun having dinosaurs and all the other beasties around.

Lain

Done with 7 out of 8 characters on the weekly TW quest and I'm gonna skip the Alliance Warrior because I can't do more.
Some of the rewards from the weekly chest have been funny. DH has a leg belt? Chest gives me a 915 belt. A 900 plate BP drops for my Paladin from the BS World Boss? Chest gives me a 900 BP. Lock has a pair of 900 bracers? Chest gives me a pair of 900 bracers.
The only one who made out like a bandit was my Mage, who got a pair of 900 shoulders from the chest and a 900 helm from the World Boss.

Also noticed the Sightless Eye quest counts as a Kirin Tor WQ for the emissary chest. Good to know.

I wanted the invasion, I was at the finale twice and got booted for no reason. Now I can't rejoin because, I have a deserter buff. That's such BS. I told them I couldnt really do much as I had a 650 ilevel. They still booted me when I died.

I wanted the invasion, I was at the finale twice and got booted for no reason. Now I can't rejoin because, I have a deserter buff. That's such BS. I told them I couldnt really do much as I had a 650 ilevel. They still booted me when I died.

I told them I couldnt really do much as I had a 650 ilevel

There's your reason. They aren't obligated to carry you.

I think we're all ready for the upright Orc character model. Right?

I love the way the Orcs look in the movie and I would also like Zandalari Trolls to be playable. Its been said 1000x by others but I'd like sub-races instead of new races to be introduced. It could be purely aesthetic, but introduce them and give us a free race/appearance change and I'd be so happy.

Get crazy with It and let us be Earthen Dwarves or Mechagnomes, or let Night Elves be Shal'dorei, let Tauren be Highmountain Tauren and Yuangol. Now would be the time for sub-races since lore wise it can be summed up as "Literally every living being on Azeroth can abandon years of fighting when up against the Legion"

Nokterian

Looking at sets and even PvP sets, it intresting how many cool sets paladin has good grief from my DK there a few but not much same goes with Druid.

Going to level up my Paladin and get the most out of it.

I love the way the Orcs look in the movie and I would also like Zandalari Trolls to be playable. Its been said 1000x by others but I'd like sub-races instead of new races to be introduced. It could be purely aesthetic, but introduce them and give us a free race/appearance change and I'd be so happy.

Get crazy with It and let us be Earthen Dwarves or Mechagnomes, or let Night Elves be Shal'dorei, let Tauren be Highmountain Tauren and Yuangol. Now would be the time for sub-races since lore wise it can be summed up as "Literally every living being on Azeroth can abandon years of fighting when up against the Legion"

*cough* hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh, oh

But I like this.

TheYanger

There's your reason. They aren't obligated to carry you.

I didn't even know you could kick people in the invasion scenarios. Idk, it's easier for me to solo it than to replace people, I only get like that to spite foilks that aren't even trying. That said, yeah at 650 you're literally doing nothing in there, I mean you can't even queue a heroic.

Moff

I'd love to be a lich forsaken

Top Bottom