• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Kangi

Does anyone ever notice like a specific race/class combination that always seems to start stuff in world PvP

because I swear 90% of the time I get attacked by someone it's a Draenei Shaman. Are they just mad they're the worst Shaman race? Because they are.

Does anyone ever notice like a specific race/class combination that always seems to start stuff in world PvP

because I swear 90% of the time I get attacked by someone it's a Draenei Shaman. Are they just mad they're the worst Shaman race? Because they are.

Funny I always notice undead casters trying to start shit

Yesterday an undead warlock was killing afks in the Vale and I killed him twice

Third time he used the glider but I chased him all the way down and killed him a 3rd time for good measure

Same thing last week, undead mage is killing my buddy in broken shore. I go there and kill him not once, but twice. Third time Im flying from afar, he spawns under water, I kill him a 3rd time. 4th time Im taking my friend elsewhere, he follows us half way across the map, I kill him a 4th time.

I dunno about starting shit, but it takes a certain kind of person to make and stick with an undead character I think.

I wouldn't mind it if you could be a dark ranger-esque undead elf in the vein of Sylvanas herself, but otherwise ehhhhhhh.

Forsaken have some of the best casting animations out of the Horde races and they seem like a perfect fit for classes/specs like Warlock and Shadow Priest. Just a shame that like 75% of the helmets look completely garbo because of their ridiculous posture.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
For some reason I remember there being a very high ratio of Dwarf Warriors who typed badly and were just generally dumb.

I hate to admit it, but Human Paladins too. (This was my last main before I unsubbed)

Undead are cool in theory, but I can't stand playing as them. I don't like my bones popping out, and their quests and vibe are almost unapologetically evil at times. Blizzard keeps trying to push the misunderstood or grey angle, but they're not. Neither are DKs, for that matter. The phrase show, don't tell applies here in a weird way, because they 100% show evil people doing evil things, but tell us "oh well they have to do this to survive!" Who the fuck wants more forsaken around? Why would anyone want to be one? Sylvanas is insane for thinking of them as a race of people. They're not, they're basically humans and elves with a terrible disease that the horde still accepts AND EVEN MADE THEIR LEADER WARCHEF FOR SOME REASON

lazygecko

Female human rogue

They're always the #1 assholes.

Undead are cool in theory, but I can't stand playing as them. I don't like my bones popping out, and their quests and vibe are almost unapologetically evil at times. Blizzard keeps trying to push the misunderstood or grey angle, but they're not. Neither are DKs, for that matter. The phrase show, don't tell applies here in a weird way, because they 100% show evil people doing evil things, but tell us "oh well they have to do this to survive!" Who the fuck wants more forsaken around? Why would anyone want to be one? Sylvanas is insane for thinking of them as a race of people. They're not, they're basically humans and elves with a terrible disease that the horde still accepts AND EVEN MADE THEIR LEADER WARCHEF FOR SOME REASON

As hollow as Sylvanas' plight sounds and as evil as the Forsaken obviously are, the Horde needs them. Without the Forsaken the Alliance would control virtually all of the Eastern Kingdoms. There'd just be the Blood Elves, who would probably just join the Alliance, and a few scattered troll tribes that are mostly unaffiliated with the Horde. Lordaeron would be a human kingdom once again.

cdyhybrid

For some reason I remember there being a very high ratio of Dwarf Warriors who typed badly and were just generally dumb.

I hate to admit it, but Human Paladins too. (This was my last main before I unsubbed)

No one wants to be one, but not everyone wants to go back to being dead dead.

Savitar

I've always wished we got more story based Forsaken characters, here is a whole group of beings that rose from the dead and had everything they known turned upside down. Beside the way they died which you know was not pretty how do they feel now? Are they all hateful or evil or vindictive as some come off? Are some only part of the faction because that's the only way to exist any more without fear of being destroyed by others. How many simply miss their families and can no longer see them due to being a "monster". How many of them serve and follow the banshee queen out of entire devotion without pause and those that do so because she was the one that stepped up. There is an argument to say that the most evil ones died in the uprising of Undercity until that was put down. But do they all want to cleanse the world of life? Is it out of hatred or security? And how many would go along with it? There is probably some that even believe they never would go that far. Some likely think of it as a defensive measure more than an offensive one in case they are attacked.

So much potential and stories there. If only we had more characters.

I can finish my prestige tomorrow if I grind all morning before bed so this will be about 58 ranks in three days what a waste of a week off.

EmiPrime

As hollow as Sylvanas' plight sounds and as evil as the Forsaken obviously are, the Horde needs them. Without the Forsaken the Alliance would control virtually all of the Eastern Kingdoms. There'd just be the Blood Elves, who would probably just join the Alliance, and a few scattered troll tribes that are mostly unaffiliated with the Horde. Lordaeron would be a human kingdom once again.

I don't see why the horde should be all that bothered about the EK, they've always been all about establishing a home in Kalimdor. Orcs, trolls and especially tauren with their notions of honour and nobility tolerating a bunch of zombie humans and elves and their RAS stretches the believability of the narrative to breaking point. It didn't have to be that way, it's a shame they got turned into Scourge 2.0 with WotLK and the RAS' big coming out party.

I've always wished we got more story based Forsaken characters, here is a whole group of beings that rose from the dead and had everything they known turned upside down. Beside the way they died which you know was not pretty how do they feel now? Are they all hateful or evil or vindictive as some come off? Are some only part of the faction because that's the only way to exist any more without fear of being destroyed by others. How many simply miss their families and can no longer see them due to being a "monster". How many of them serve and follow the banshee queen out of entire devotion without pause and those that do so because she was the one that stepped up. There is an argument to say that the most evil ones died in the uprising of Undercity until that was put down. But do they all want to cleanse the world of life? Is it out of hatred or security? And how many would go along with it? There is probably some that even believe they never would go that far. Some likely think of it as a defensive measure more than an offensive one in case they are attacked.

Well there's Lilian Voss but she's not Forsaken so ummm... somebody help me out here.

Savitar

I don't see why the horde should be all that bothered about the EK, they've always been all about establishing a home in Kalimdor. Orcs, trolls and especially tauren with their notions of honour and nobility tolerating a bunch of zombie humans and elves and their RAS stretches the believability of the narrative to breaking point. It didn't have to be that way, it's a shame they got turned into Scourge 2.0 with WotLK and the RAS' big coming out party.

Well there's Lilian Voss but she's not Forsaken so ummm... somebody help me out here.

How about the only Forsaken to break the Lich Kings hold on himself through pure strength of will? The Necromancer that is out on a little island not far from UC. You go and find him in Vanilla but I think there are no quest with him since the change. He's suppose to be a extremely strong Necromancer, you go find him in vanilla to tell him hey there are others like you now and to bring him into the Forsaken. He has two distinguishing features right there and sadly neither have been played on.

So almost a year ago I posted:

Not the greatest legendary but not complaining:

2E0iQ2W.jpg

Feel sort of guilty as a lot of the people I play with still don't have one despite playing more and doing more than me. Oh well.

I don't raid really at all, just do M+, so it wasn't that bad. And as a rogue, I can trigger it regularly without disrupting my rotation. I used it until I got Mantle as my tenth legendary. But what I really wanted was Insignia of Ravenholdt.

I got it today. Relief. Finally have the three that matter. I know I'd have all of them if I raided or grinded things out but that never sounded fun (and I basically stopped caring once I got Mantle). 11 total now, Outlaw cloak and Shadowblade ring left. Since Rogue has the smallest legendary pool maybe this character will actually get those token drops at some point in the next year.

TheYanger

What exactly do death knight's do that is so bad? I can think of only a single thing, since being free of the lich king (IE: discounting the intro zone when you're still scourge).

Syf

Banned
Hadn't done the dialogue choice with Alleria after the Seat of the Triumverate events before. Reads like a dead giveaway that shadow hunter will be a spec in the next expansion.

Hadn't done the dialogue choice with Alleria after the Seat of the Triumverate events before. Reads like a dead giveaway that shadow hunter will be a spec in the next expansion.

Man, I hope so. Maybe it'll be a rework of the old Survival that Hunters had.

It'd be neat if they added a new spec to each class?

bring back frostfire 2017™

Ehh, I think they still have too much work to do sorting out existing specs ever since ability pruning started. I'm a big fan of the concept of "less skills with more versatility", but too many specs lack that versatility and have incredibly repetitive and straightforward rotations.

Also, where's that third mail class? Battlemage class focused on a balance of light and void magic could work in the near future.

This game seems to go through weird periods of taking forever to load or even zone in to new places. Then it will load lightning fast for a while before going back to being slow again.

Finally got my first druid legendary, and it's Promise of Elune! FML

And please, please patch it so when you go to The Vindicaar, you are in the middle of the ship, not the fucking closet.

Bonus rolls in greater invasions still bugged.

Pre

This game seems to go through weird periods of taking forever to load or even zone in to new places. Then it will load lightning fast for a while before going back to being slow again.

Yeah, if you don't have an SSD, loading can be a bit of a bitch, especially with Dalaran.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I'm looking to come back to this after about 3 years, is there a place where I can get legion for less than 50 bucks? I unfortunately just missed the sale lol.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wait.... why is the Argus planet skybox visible in Outland as well?

It had to be visible in Azuremyst and Silvermoon which are on Outland map and it's entirely possible they couldn't or didn't consider it important to make the game specifically turn the overlay off in the actual Outland areas.
Shameful display.

cdyhybrid

It had to be visible in Azuremyst and Silvermoon which are on Outland map and it's entirely possible they couldn't or didn't consider it important to make the game specifically turn the overlay off in the actual Outland areas.
Shameful display.

Literally unplayable

after all they went and made Alleria with blue eyes while she always had green ones in the books.

It's especially confounding because they have a model for Vareesa which is a High Elf--female Blood Elf with recolored irises. Why they couldn't spend the little amount of time required to do it a second time is beyond me.

Wait.... why is the Argus planet skybox visible in Outland as well?

Because they don't care and probably don't even know about their own lore...

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr they wanted to have Argus appear in the skyline of the Blood Elf and Dreanei starting areas, which, while those zones are technically on Azeroth are in the TBC instances and there was no easy way to differentiate the starting zones from the rest of TBC.

Adaren

It's especially confounding because they have a model for Vareesa which is a High Elf--female Blood Elf with recolored irises. Why they couldn't spend the little amount of time required to do it a second time is beyond me.

If they gave her green eyes, then people would think she was a Blood Elf.

High Elf eye color has taken on a new significance since the last time Alleria was a major lore character. I imagine that it could have been a very intentional retcon on their part; it was better to retcon old lore than to add confusion to current lore.

Tarazet

I'm about done with WoW's community as a whole. Ready to just turn off all chats and play it as a solo game from here on out.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Just delete Outland tbh

Isn't that what that one guy said who was supposedly a blizzard employee

Also I didn't know they stuck the BC additions to Azeroth on the same map as Outland. Thought they were on the same one as ghost lands on a different one than Outland

Top Bottom