• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I was able to get another appearance before the mage tower was destroyed. Same challenge as windwalker but I had a harder time with it as beast mastery, despite having one of the recommended legendaries for surviving. It's done so whatever.

V3OfeVy.jpg

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I don't take the "tendrils" in that scene to be any kind of analogue to the tentacles that the void is so fond of. More just wisps of light/holy energy.

Really because thats the very first thing i thought of when i saw the cinematic. We finally get a glimpse of Elune in game and its not an elvenoid(?) hand that reaches down from the moon but a half dozen tendrils.

It was one of those Arcways:

No, there's separate toys for both.

edit: Surviving Kalimdor and To Modernize the Provisioning of Azeroth for Alliance, Walking Kalimdor with the Earthmother and The Azeroth Campaign for Horde.

where the hell do they sell the other toys then!?

Edit: They're on different pages -_-

cdyhybrid

Finished the dungeon achievements for the appearance and mount last night. One big checkmark on the list.

Now to get all my alts geared up and start knocking out the rest of these Mage Tower challenges while finishing Balance of Power.

I was able to get another appearance before the mage tower was destroyed. Same challenge as windwalker but I had a harder time with it as beast mastery, despite having one of the recommended legendaries for surviving. It's done so whatever.

V3OfeVy.jpg

Any suggestions for that one? I'm want to try it this week. What iLvL are you?

Any suggestions for that one? I'm want to try it this week. What iLvL are you?

I mostly followed this guide. (Wowhead link)

My ilvl was 923 and the legendaries I used are Prydaz and KJ's Burning Wish. Prydaz was extremely useful. One thing that the guide above recommends is to have your pet set to Ferocity but I found that it made the pet squishy and I had to take extra care of it while also worrying about everything else. So I ended up using Tenacity and only had to throw it a heal once in awhile. Just make sure to always interrupt Fel Burst and destroy the little totem he'll throw out once in awhile. It'll stun you for five seconds which usually results in a wipe. If you have any legendaries that help with survivability, such as Prydaz, then you don't have to worry about the smaller worms too much. I mostly let them live and only dealt with them when I had a chance.

And when the giant worm burrows try and stand in the middle of all of the stones that fall into the ground. Each one it hits will reduce a shield it has and make it easier to fight after Tugar is down.

So what would be the amount of latency before it would start to have an effect on performance in raiding environment?

I would say 200ms would be when it starts becoming a problem, but it's still doable depending on the intensity of the encounter. The attacks of bosses tend to have a huge start up and things like DBM will alleviate when you have to avoid stuff.

I got Velen's on my disc priest and it might be better than advertised. I don't know how this thing made it into the game. It's absolutely absurd (and meshes really well with the disc toolkit, too).

So what would be the amount of latency before it would start to have an effect on performance in raiding environment?

150ms is when you'll definitely start to feel sluggish.

Some stuff might be doable a little higher (certain classes/roles/encounters).

Really though, you want to be at 100ms or less for optimal performance.

This is based primarily off my experiences being cross-realmed to Oceanic servers. Also from a more mythic-oriented perspective. Heroic and normal will have slightly more leeway since they're not as intense on average.

Gummy

Neo Member
Well, we're getting closer and closer to a reveal.. Feels like just yesterday I was scouring MMO-Champion reading bullshit theories before the Legion announcement at Gamescom.

Any "leaks", features, or theories you guys are pulling for? Personally, I hope to see a Console announcement of some sort(don't crucify me) as small a chance it is.

Syf

Banned
Well, we're getting closer and closer to a reveal.. Feels like just yesterday I was scouring MMO-Champion reading bullshit theories before the Legion announcement at Gamescom.

Any "leaks", features, or theories you guys are pulling for? Personally, I hope to see a Console announcement of some sort(don't crucify me) as small a chance it is.
Aside from the big stuff, I just want a better character creator. More options, ability to mix features more. The dream.

Just a few weeks away now. Maybe we get some leaks soon.

Hmm. Do you think they'd make another race? Last race they added was pandas, and I imagine that it gets harder and harder to justify making a playable race each expansion, simply because the amount of backlog they have to do with making sure the armor fits, as well as they're riding the mount properly(Although I imagine they have the tools to make it easier.)

If they do make a new race, I imagine it'll be a hero race of sorts, that is a new class entirely? idk.

cdyhybrid

Hmm. Do you think they'd make another race? Last race they added was pandas, and I imagine that it gets harder and harder to justify making a playable race each expansion, simply because the amount of backlog they have to do with making sure the armor fits, as well as they're riding the mount properly(Although I imagine they have the tools to make it easier.)

If they do make a new race, I imagine it'll be a hero race of sorts, that is a new class entirely? idk.

Making sure armor fits probably still takes less effort than balancing a new class instead.

Ethereals and subraces

I just hope they'll announce that goblins and worgen will be getting their updated models as part of the next expansion. Or sooner, like the pre-patch maybe.

Syf

Banned
I just hope they'll announce that goblins and worgen will be getting their updated models as part of the next expansion. Or sooner, like the pre-patch maybe.
Would be real nice too. My main is a goblin because rocket jump and haste. There's no getting around the ugliness though, lol.

Savitar

All this talk of subraces, is that a thing we are wanting or is it something that people heard might actually be in game next expansion.

Syf

Banned
I was joking about the Diablo murloc pet, but if you combine all three.. the hints are sure there. It's strange to say they're a newly emerged race when they've been in Warcraft so long. And if it's really an ocean themed expac the time would be now. Hmm

Edit: There's also a brief interview quote in that reddit thread on the topic. Seems a murloc race has been on the devs' minds for a while.

Savitar

They have tried with other races before, there is test vids of them with Ogres and there was another race, was it Naga? Maybe it was the Jirya from MoP. Maybe we'll be seeing their version on Azeroth since Naga do evolve into them. But here's a thought I want to toss out there, pandas are cute and adorable and as a race, they still are very lowly played. So how would a fish race do player base wise? Aquaman jokes anyone? I'm willing to bet not very good. And that's even if they make them more mer man with more human looking features with some fins or green skin/scales etc.

lazygecko

Sub-races make a lot of sense to me. Not just because of how requested it is, but also because they wouldn't need as much development time. You wouldn't really have to make these super elabroate 1-10 zones and questlines for them like they did with goblin/worgen/pandaren.

That would also tie into the speculation over the next expansion essentially being Cataclysm 2. Likely they're going to be doing changes to the existing zones, but not on the same scale as the Cata revamps, and most likely they're going to implement scaling to make the content relevant for the whole playerbase.

Sub-races make a lot of sense to me. Not just because of how requested it is, but also because they wouldn't need as much development time. You wouldn't really have to make these super elabroate 1-10 zones and questlines for them like they did with goblin/worgen/pandaren.

That would also tie into the speculation over the next expansion essentially being Cataclysm 2. Likely they're going to be doing changes to the existing zones, but not on the same scale as the Cata revamps, and most likely they're going to implement scaling to make the content relevant for the whole playerbase.

Didn't they even talk about subraces a blizzcon or two ago?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't think playable Murloc is happening, guys. If the next expansion does indeed have a significant naval/ocean focus then they might be important to the overall plot, but not as a player race.

I think there will definitely be something race-related though. Either 1-2 new races outright, or new race customization options (including subraces) for all existing races. Maybe even a bit of both.

I think greater customization options and sub-races are potentially more likely to be on the table than new races (except perhaps Ethereals).

You look at almost any other MMO made recently and they all have superior character creators. For example, I just got ESO early unlock from next month’s Humble monthly, and it's miles ahead of WoW. And I wouldn’t even say it’s necessarily that good.

Hell, even EVE Online, which doesn’t even have walking in stations at all anymore (you only see the character in a portrait and character info screen) has a better character creator.

Especially as a role-playing game, WoW should get with the times and improve its character creation. It’s long overdue.

I doubt it will happen, but I'd like them to polish the game, in addition to the (probable) Cata type changes, and increased customization options. There are so many awkward animations, clipping issues, UI oddities (and more) that could be fixed and brought into this decade. Every great thing they add to the game makes the antiquated stuff stick out more.

I know they don't want to put in the work for cities that don't get much attention, but damn do all the capitals that aren't named Stormwind or Orgrimmar need some work to at LEAST increase texture quality.

Murlocs would be great. The whining from the people with 10 human or blood elf characters, all with Latin names, that Murlocs aren't serious enough for a game with gnomes, panda people, Russian space aliens and whatever female Worgen are is just a bonus.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
A murloc playable race, although funny & cool, would be kinda weird lol. How do you make their starting zone or any sort of important NPCs afterwards without there being a bunch of Mrlglblglrrls? What about their voices or emotes with voices? Also a bunch of Mrlglblglrrls?

Then I guess, there is also the issue of making all sets and previous sets compatible with their race model.

They're not going to make something that requires a lot of work to re-adjust existing armor and weapons, they barely do that for the races they currently have in the game.

Poppy

add some sort of lizard or scaled race and i will instantly preorder

thats how i feel right now

Murlocs would be dumb because you wouldn't be able to see like 3/4 of your visible armor pieces.
did you ever play horde in vanilla and then switch to alliance and be like hey my armor actually shows up on these races and look how they actually have shoes

cdyhybrid

add some sort of lizard or scaled race and i will instantly preorder

thats how i feel right now

did you ever play horde in vanilla and then switch to alliance and be like hey my armor actually shows up on these races and look how they actually have shoes
I played Undead, so I've been dealing with shitty armor models for the entire time 😂

But the problem is really that Murlocs are tiny. Their limbs are the size of a gnome's boot.

Top Bottom