• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There's enough classes as it is in this game now. I guess they could add another mail class sooner or later, but as it is right now, i'd rather they add another race, or more customization to current races. Whether it's subraces, tatoos, scars, height, size, etc.

Is Icy Veins still the best place to go for learning how to play a class while leveling? Currently playing a Demonology Warlock that's level 54 and working my way up. Would like to get a better grasp as to how to play the class so I'm not quite as useless in instances.

Is Icy Veins still the best place to go for learning how to play a class while leveling? Currently playing a Demonology Warlock that's level 54 and working my way up. Would like to get a better grasp as to how to play the class so I'm not quite as useless in instances.

You're playing a caster in legacy dungeon content where almost everyone you get grouped with is wearing heirlooms and melts everything before you can start and/or finish a channel. Unless you play like an asshole, somehow manage to stay ahead of the tank at that level, constantly pull and burn down mobs, boss fights are likely the only place where you'll have long enough to wrack up some decent damage.

Syf

Banned
m6cA5e1.png

Woo

That's 4 legendaries from Argus invasion points now. I was going to log, saw one IP on the map, told myself a legendary will drop, and then it did. I wonder if the drop rate is decent, or do they up BLP?

I played Undead, so I've been dealing with shitty armor models for the entire time 😂

But the problem is really that Murlocs are tiny. Their limbs are the size of a gnome's boot.
I think blizzard could adjust murloc sizes to accomodate armor. Put them on the scale of goblins and gnomes.

I might start playing wow again if they let us roll murloc warriors.

You fellow nerds really want fishy folk as a playable race? Blizzard can't even be bothered to update the lesser played races now, so I can't see them adding something hardly anyone will play after the initial "har-har" phase. I take that back, Blizzard hasn't even bothered to update the most popular races. Male Belf running animation? Ears w/helms? Even humans kinda run like they have a fresh load in their diaper.

You fellow nerds really want fishy folk as a playable race? Blizzard can't even be bothered to update the lesser played races now, so I can't see them adding something hardly anyone will play after the initial "har-har" phase. I take that back, Blizzard hasn't even bothered to update the most popular races. Male Belf running animation? Ears w/helms? Even humans kinda run like they have a fresh load in their diaper.

Blizzard revamped the poly count on every race in the game during WoD, right? We just got new casting animations with the last patch. Prior to that there has been slow and steady improvement with new attack animations for melee classes.

So, I do not agree with your assessment at all. But you seem like a real Debbie Downer when talking about WoW, so I'm not terribly surprised you don't know what you're talking about.

Blizzard revamped the poly count on every race in the game during WoD, right? We just got new casting animations with the last patch. Prior to that there has been slow and steady improvement with new attack animations for melee classes.

So, I do not agree with your assessment at all. But you seem like a real Debbie Downer when talking about WoW, so I'm not terribly surprised you don't know what you're talking about.

Piecemeal updates over a long period of time. And personal insults aren't nice, so kindy shut the fuck up. Strong defense force mentality, ignoring all the positive things I've said about the game.

Uh

Debbie downer isnt insult.

And yeah, you are incorrect in saying that they havent updated the older races. Anyways, lets not fight.

You don't think that someone tossing that out there to characterize all your views as negative, and to invalidate your own opinion and prop theirs up as fact as insulting? OK.

Is anyone creating a gnome on the Scarlet Crusade server to participate in that big gnome run later today? I won't be home so I can't join but I'd love to.

Yo, your fight with Eskimo is Silly.

Just completed the Running of the Gnome on a PVE server. Think that's something you need to be on an RP realm to truly appreciate. Most people were on mounts, were not gnomes or low level.

You don't think that someone tossing that out there to characterize all your views as negative, and to invalidate your own opinion and prop theirs up as fact as insulting? OK.

I meam you yourself started off with "fellow nerds" in an insulting way, insulted us for wanting "fishy races", went on to incorrectly state that Blizzard hasnt updated the older races, and then when someone called you out on your incorrect statement you lashed back with an even greater statement.

Also your statements arent opinions, youre trying to pass them off as fact. (blizzard hasnt updated the lesser races isnt an opinion, for example).

I meam you yourself started off with "fellow nerds" in an insulting way, insulted us for wanting "fishy races", went on to incorrectly state that Blizzard hasnt updated the older races, and then when someone called you out on your incorrect statement you lashed back with an even greater statement.

Also your statements arent opinions, youre trying to pass them off as fact. (blizzard hasnt updated the lesser races isnt an opinion, for example).

You took fellow nerds and fishy races as insulting and not as humor? You win, aborting sub to the thread.

Blizzard can't even be bothered to update the lesser played races now --- Worgen + goblin

You took fellow nerds and fishy races as insulting and not as humor? You win, aborting sub to the thread.

Blizzard can't even be bothered to update the lesser played races now --- Worgen + goblin

If they were humor

Why did you take debbie downer as a grave insult and respond so seriously afterwards. Debbie downer is just a descriptor that isnt negative at all.

Adaren

If/when they do update Goblin and Worgen models, I would love for them to get their own capital cities (Pandas too!).

If the next expansion turns out to be a world revamp with a nautical subtheme, then that would actually be a great time to introduce new capitals. Doubly true if Greymane continues to be the de facto face of the Alliance (which seems plausible since his views tend to align with Jaina's).

There's enough classes as it is in this game now. I guess they could add another mail class sooner or later, but as it is right now, i'd rather they add another race, or more customization to current races. Whether it's subraces, tatoos, scars, height, size, etc.
Agreed. Update Worgen and Goblin models, add new appearance options to all races, but rather than subraces I'd like to see subfactions. Have a group of Worgens splinter to the Horde, and a group of Blood Elves splinter to the Alliance. I think the story needs a good shakeup like this to help bring new leaders to the forefront, especially for the Horde who are in dire need of a leader with solid morals again. All of that would refresh both individual character options (visit to the barber!) and provide new alt options to both factions, without all the work a new race would require.

I'm struggling a bit with my affliction warlock. He does great dmg, but his rotation is a bit bland. I think my moonkin's rotation is a lot more fun, but he doesn't kick out as much dps as my lock (despite being 15ilvls higher and having more into concordance, ect)

On the plus side, I did just finish my first AV as a lock and ended as #1 dps for Alliance with the most kills to boot. It's really easy hanging in the back and just popping seed of corruption on anything that moves. We still lost :(

45 minute que for a 12 minute game. Ugh.

Corsick

Edit: Found my answer, nevermind. I guess my question now is, how does Monk healing do in PVP/PVE?

For my other question, I was wondering Horde vs Alliance for PVP and apparently the racials made everyone switch to Alliance so it became somewhat lopsided?

Syf

Banned
Horde has been pretty miserable for me in bgs lately. Thought it was just my experience but if someone said it's a trend I'd believe that. My horde teams roll over alliance in straight fights but constantly outplayed on the map. Been on some unpleasant losing streaks past few weeks.

Edit: oh idk never played a monk

Really, the most important thing for WoW moving forward is that Addie Fizzlebog remains on as Hemit Nesingwary's ghostwriter in future expansions.

I guess my question now is, how does Monk healing do in PVP/PVE?

Can't really speak for PVP but in PVE, specifically dungeon content, Mistweaver is great. Monks are very mobile, between Roll and Tiger's Lust it's easy to keep up with every tank spec, even Druids. Monks have a decent mixture of insta-cast abilities/talents and channels, so you can spot heal a tank while they're doing a massive chain pull before you have to plant and channel. Roll, Tiger's Lust and Transcendence give you lots of mobility during boss fights. MW also has some pretty decent "oh shit" buttons for varying degrees of severity in Thunder Focus Tea, Essence Font, Life Cocoon and Revival.

Took me a while to wrap my head over Legion MW but it's fun.

Panthers

Horde has been pretty miserable for me in bgs lately. Thought it was just my experience but if someone said it's a trend I'd believe that. My horde teams roll over alliance in straight fights but constantly outplayed on the map. Been on some unpleasant losing streaks past few weeks.

Edit: oh idk never played a monk

Horde does much better in the smaller BGs. At least that has been my experience. I always exclude the 2 40 man BGs when PVPing.

Syf

Banned
Yeah that's been my experience too usually, just like in the past month it's been real bad for me on my horde toons. Could just be a rough streak though

Savitar

Gentlemen you have all over looked the most massive change that could be added to the next expansion.

Non slouching Orcs..........that are playable.

Adaren

<Nathanos' model>

As much as I want subraces, I hope they avoid reusing models cross-faction. One of the things that used to make WoW so immersive was the innate and immediate mistrust of the opposite faction. That visceral reaction that you got when you saw a Night Elf flip-jumping across the Barrens and immediately wanted to kill them (or ask someone in /3 to kill them for you).

Granted, that isn't as present in modern WoW as it was in Vanilla, but reusing models across factions would dilute it even further. I know Pandaren already did this, but the lack of faction identifiers is the #1 reason why I don't like the implementation of Pandaren as a playable race.

They could also do High Elves (blue-eyed Blood Elves) as alternatives for Humans, but I'd oppose it for the same reason. Not to mention High Elves are supposed to be rare and they would probably end up comprising 35% of the playerbase.

As much as I want subraces, I hope they avoid reusing models cross-faction. One of the things that used to make WoW so immersive was the innate and immediate mistrust of the opposite faction. That visceral reaction that you got when you saw a Night Elf flip-jumping across the Barrens and immediately wanted to kill them (or ask someone in /3 to kill them for you).

Granted, that isn't as present in modern WoW as it was in Vanilla, but reusing models across factions would dilute it even further. I know Pandaren already did this, but the lack of faction identifiers is the #1 reason why I don't like the implementation of Pandaren as a playable race.

They could also do High Elves (blue-eyed Blood Elves) as alternatives for Humans, but I'd oppose it for the same reason. Not to mention High Elves are supposed to be rare and they would probably end up comprising 35% of the playerbase.
Whereas I think Pandas proves this common point of view wrong. It's not a Night Elf you notice jumping across the Barrens, it's a red name you notice jumping across the Barrens. That's where the mistrust comes from, and THEN you notice the race.

My biggest issue with this game has always been the idea that "humans good, orcs bad" etc, or vice versa if you play Horde. With a story so basic it assumes all races must gravitate to the same ideals. And I know it TRIES writing depth into this, but the gameplay rarely supports it. Cross faction races could help solve that, but it would have to happen one step at a time, and only with less faction fixed races at first (hence Blood Elves and Worgen having good potential). Would allow Blizzard to really start prodding at the flaws with each side's morals and ethics and hopefully make more players start thinking about the faction war rather than thinking "red names must die."

Even though Gilneas was sort of divided before its fall, whether they support the monarchy or not, no Worgen would join the Horde so long as the Forsaken are a part of it.

You'd have more luck arguing High Elves, Leper Gnomes, Dark Iron Dwarves, or Blood Totem Tauren for faction fluid races.

The ruins of Gilneas should be a WPVP zone though. It's jut sitting there, unused after the Forsaken and Worgen starting quests.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Finally got around to trying out the Chromie scenario and wow, this thing is really cool. It's like Majora's Mask meets timewalking. Legit surprised at creativity behind this.

Top Bottom