• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

As someone who doesn't really spend time on GAF outside of Gaming Community and, lately, this thread, I'm a little bewildered by everything that's going on with the forum right now. Since I don't have or use Discord and don't really know what's going to happen with this forum, before it's too late I'd like to say it's been fun chatting with everyone and reading through this thread over the years.

Gorger

People were speculating that picture in the official wow discord, and some people suspected it to be fake... but I don't know. I don't really like the title as it's not very original and sounds too much like 'Tides of Darkness". Also It feels a bit weird we're getting a Naga oriented name when it's the Old Ones who will probably end up as the main antagonists.

Robin64

Well the book about what's next is called "Before the Storm" and the working title for it was "Lightning Strikes". The logo could be legit.

Nekrono

So I'm thinking of pickup up Legion this weekend but with Blizzcon early November what are the chances of Legion going on sale? Should I hold on? I kinda started playing a few days ago and wanna go above lvl 100.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So I'm thinking of pickup up Legion this weekend but with Blizzcon early November what are the chances of Legion going on sale? Should I hold on? I kinda started playing a few days ago and wanna go above lvl 100.

i thought it was on sale recently already?

Jarnet87

I finally finished Good Sumaritan, but still have a ton of shit left to unlock flying. I bet I am spending more time to unlock it then the time saved from flying vs ground mount on a new toon.

Jag

I finally finished Good Sumaritan, but still have a ton of shit left to unlock flying. I bet I am spending more time to unlock it then the time saved from flying vs ground mount on a new toon.

Not to mention you can't fly on Argus. They really screwed up flying this expansion, imo.

Kacho

Gold Member
Any Alliance players here who have the Observers Locus Resonator and would be willing to use it so I can kill Rezira the Seer?

It's my the last rare mob I need to kill. Pleeease? :)

Robin64

I don't understand it at all.

9 months of content and then a year of waiting.

Why not just add a few months between each patch so it is evened out?

I am hoping they learned this time. Legion in general said they did, but the big test will come from the time between Antorus burnout and the next expansion. Don't let us down, Blizz.

I am hoping they learned this time. Legion in general said they did, but the big test will come from the time between Antorus burnout and the next expansion. Don't let us down, Blizz.

I actually just resubbed after a year away (Fuck blizz for releasing right as school year starts) and am plowing through the content, so I am not hurting now.

...but I resubbed under the idea that I would quickly experience the content before the next expansion hit... which I guess was foolish on my part.

Tarazet

I actually just resubbed after a year away (Fuck blizz for releasing right as school year starts) and am plowing through the content, so I am not hurting now.

...but I resubbed under the idea that I would quickly experience the content before the next expansion hit... which I guess was foolish on my part.

So you didn't get to experience Legion vs. the Waterstrider Army, grinding Order Resources for Artifact Knowledge upgrades, resetting the trash after Nythendra, and 3 chest M+? You missed out son.

Tarazet

I wouldn't have believed this could happen, but it did.

I joined a group only to get locked out because they pulled the boss while I was zoning. I asked them which boss they were on. After he was already dead, someone whispered to let me know. I zoned in and they pulled the next boss, locking me out again. I left since the queue times were short anyway and now I could leave without a deserter.

Next queue pops, I zone in, and while we're running to the boss I get a flash on my screen that I got Lessons of Space-Time. It was from the group that I had left!

RPGCrazied

All I know its going in the wrong direction for me. Did not want a whole expansion over the alliance vs horde struggle. I liked it when expansions have that big villain at the end to kill.

This just feels like PVP is going to take center stage.

This has a good chance to be the worst expansion. I didn't really like WoD, but what I've seen so far I like it better.

All I know its going in the wrong direction for me. Did not want a whole expansion over the alliance vs horde struggle. I liked it when expansions have that big villain at the end to kill.

This just feels like PVP is going to take center stage.

This has a good chance to be the worst expansion. I didn't really like WoD, but what I've seen so far I like it better.

There is a big bad. Azshara.

Oemenia

Banned
So returning to the game after stopping in 2007. Yeah.

Never did get very far but I have a level 40 Warlock. What is the best way to level up and get up to speed right now given that the old game is now a ghost-town?

Also the performance is utter shit, what gives?

Kuntz

People still play this?
Jokes aside, I do (EU, FR-Hyjal) and I hope that there are still gaffers playing it. :(

Yup, still playing daily in my guild's graveyard, playing the auction house to pay the monthly fee and only solo content because I don't have the patience to play with randoms anymore. Only did lfr like once for the story.

Old content is fun, as well as trying to fill the list of collectables ("ALL THE THINGS" addon is crazy). I'm playing on EU FR-Cho'Gall, Horde side so maybe we've met.

Macrotus

People still play this?
Jokes aside, I do (EU, FR-Hyjal) and I hope that there are still gaffers playing it. :(

I haven't played continuously, but came back last November-ish.
I don't play in a guild anymore though. And I don't plan on joining one either, because in previous expansion, I was inactive for a very long time (year+).
And I felt bad for taking up a roster slot, but the guild was too nice not to kick me. So I re-subbed just to leave the guild and apologies to the GL back in WoD.
Haven't been in a guild since.
I'll probably consider joining one when I'm certain I'll not be quitting for a long time.

BTW, I almost quit again when they nerfed fire mages recently and screwed up old raid scaling lol

Currently, I pug on my mage (ilvl961).
Wish I could get my M+ 15s done weekly though. But having taken a long absence, starting late and with the Raider.io thing, I haven't really bothered doing it.

I also sometimes play on my alts, but not like I use to in previous expansion because of how legendaries in Legion are.
But the gold order hall missions on my alts are really helpful. Helps me get gold to buy flasks and stuff.

Jag

I'm playing to make gold only right now with the mission table until the inevitable nerf. Bought the BFA digital CE with tokens ($70US). Bought some Overwatch crates and still have about a year's worth of subs in tokens and 3.5M in gold.

Last edited:

Manus

What server you guys playing on? I just resubbed back. Amazing how much artifact power they just throw at you.

Last edited:

Manus

Battle for Azeroth comes out August 14th. I'll get it day 1 of course, but not feeling this expansion like I was for Legion.

I'm kinda upset we will be losing like our class hall. They were all so cool and unique. Plus no more tier sets.

I'm so close to getting my highmountain tauren Hunter. This rep grind is real worst.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Battle for Azeroth comes out August 14th. I'll get it day 1 of course, but not feeling this expansion like I was for Legion.

So far I am more hyped for it than I was for Legion. Not a huge fan of demons or space goats, so the whole Argus/Demon Invasion was less interesting for me. Plus I really didn't like the design of the zones. They didn't feel cohesive (which feels much better with BFA given the beta).

As long as they keep the good pace of quality content, I will be happy. I love the changes they are making to PvP and the focus of classic Horde Vs. Alliance with some old gods (reminds me a lot of Vanilla up to AQ).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
My guild isn’t particularly hyped for this expansion. It feels like there aren’t very many new features coming around — just feels like most of it is a carryover from Legion/WoD.

Islands and war fronts are the only thing. And there’s only going to be 1 warfront you do once every couple weeks?

I guess islands and mythic + will be unique enough but there’s not much “new”

Last edited:

TheContact

Got an alpha invite. Not sure if it has anything to do w/ the fact that I pre purchased the game close to when it was available to do so

Manus

Leveling a Highmountain warrior right now and I'm loving the change in leveling. It's so nice to be able to finish the zone now. I still feel like I'm leveling super fast. The old way felt like I spent so much time going to new zones since you would out level them so fast.

RPGCrazied

Finally can unlock the void elves when BFA comes out. That rep was a pain. Nightborne too, probably won't do any of the other currently known allied races.

Macrotus

Islands and war fronts are the only thing. And there’s only going to be 1 warfront you do once every couple weeks?

Islands are 3 man content right?
I guess I'd need to find a few specific players I'll constantly play with... (problem is, I can't really make fixed times because of my current job...)

Because I've tried premade group content during Legion (non-queueable content) which is normal and heroic Antorus , which I haven't done in a long time. (last time i did it was back in Cata. after that, been a LFR-only player)
And looking for groups and the applying process almost burned me out. (insane requirements/getting rejected even if I met the requirements)
That part probably consumed more time than actual raiding...
So I'm assuming it would be similar with Islands if I'm going to try to pug everything.

During Legion, I've only played a little during NH which is when I started playing the expansion, then quit before ToS.
And came back right before Antorus. So maybe that made it more difficult, since there were no indication of "experience" of past tiers on my armory.

Finally can unlock the void elves when BFA comes out. That rep was a pain. Nightborne too, probably won't do any of the other currently known allied races.
After I came back right before Antorus opened, I've had my rep maxed out during December...
So for me, the rep grind wasn't really painful at all and was surprised when lots of people were saying its a pain.

Maybe it was because I was farming for those shards to get 910 relinquished tokens to get an Arcano Crystal.
And in that process, I was clearing out WQs and Invasion Points like crazy.

Lol, patch 8.01 is the worst I've ever seen. Unsubbed instantly. Damn, I was having fun and almost unlocked Void Elves and Lightforged Dranei. Logged in for that patch, Artifact is now worthless, leveling garbage, regular mobs are like elites.

Guess Blizzard is just sending this to die finally. I had a feeling this is what was happening with this expansion, but I didn't expect it to be so blatant. I guess they just want to give it a big 'Battle Royale'esque send off with their MMO PVP and call it good.

I even bought the next expansion but I won't be playing it now, that patch is easily one of the worst I've ever seen. Guess old school MMOs are finally dead, maybe Pantheon will finally come out at some time in a playable state.

Top Bottom