• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

korvd

Banned
I know it is, man. Did you get anything good during the event?
yep!
I've got some mana and healing pots + Santa's cloak
What does it mean? It means +900 to New Year atmosphere, to be true I don't want to think that the holidays will end soon at the Skelth :(

ayumarcan

Neo Member
yep!
I've got some mana and healing pots + Santa's cloak
What does it mean? It means +900 to New Year atmosphere, to be true I don't want to think that the holidays will end soon at the Skelth :(

That's a really nice catch, I got some A/B stones and a Cloak too.
Sure there will be more interesting events with nice rewards, don't be so sad.)))

Mikstl

Banned
That's a really nice catch, I got some A/B stones and a Cloak too.
Sure there will be more interesting events with nice rewards, don't be so sad.)))
This update really brought a lot of people to the server, Developers made a great step, and with new people already more interesting :)

Last edited:

korvd

Banned
This update really brought a lot of people to the server, Developers made a great step, and with new people already more interesting :)
Personally me I'm not really happy to hear about new updates
The old school atmosphere vanishes from the L2 world :(
I support only those updates which fix old bugs

llien

Anyone playing WoW on ultrabook with MX150/Vega10 level GPU? Or is it too slow?

I left WoW after WOTLK, but heard gpu reqs got bumped up quite a bit.

Kenpachii

I'm still wondering why blizzard hasn't tried to make world of Starcraft.

Splitting up audience over multiple games is a bad idea. A total new game like overwatch was a far better solution as it wouldn't dig into the current wow market and could actually attract more players that didn't give blizzard titles a chance to visit it.

hecatomb

Banned
Splitting up audience over multiple games is a bad idea. A total new game like overwatch was a far better solution as it wouldn't dig into the current wow market and could actually attract more players that didn't give blizzard titles a chance to visit it.
Starcraft and Warcraft 3 was already split up at the time they were out. And it didn't even slow down Blizzard at all.

BunzLee

Hey, so I hope this doesn't count as necroing an old thread?

Anyway, since we're getting close to releasing Patch 2.0 on the PTR, I figured I'd ask you guys if you're still playing and/or looking forward to the biggest patch yet in WoW history?

Here's a quick rundown on what you can expect so far:

• Heart of Azeroth
    • The Heart of Azeroth UI shown in the live stream is unfinished and will have a lot more as BfA progresses.
    • In between the major and minor abilities are smaller traits to unlock similar to the Legion artifact.
    • There are unique essences for each type of content, such as one for reputation grinds, raiding, dungeons, etc.
    • You get a new rank for each of these as you progress in the content relevant to it. Example - Rank 1 for honored, Rank 2 for revered, etc for reputation essence.
    • Each essence has a major and minor effect. If you place an essence into the major slot, it will get both benefits. In a minor slot, it will only get the minor benefit.
    • The visual effect for max rank will be impressive.
    • All essences will work in PvP according to Holinka.
    • Some of the essence effects affect a spec/class specific spell.
    • Blizzard expects people to have about 6 different essences unlocked by the end of the first week.
    • Essences work exactly like talents, meaning they can be freely swapped in a rested zone or with a tome.
    • There are new raid and dungeon specific Azerite Traits, dungeon ones being from Mechagon.
    • By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essence slots and possibly 2 major.

• Mechagon
    • Mechagon is bigger than the Timeless Isle, but not as vertical. Nazjatar is HUGE.
    • Mechagon and Nazjatar will be fully open on day 1, while the dungeon and raid will launch either the second or third week.
    • The Mecha-wheel mount special has the wheel spin around while you do a backflip with fire effects.
    • The Mecha-wheel is the reward for completing the meta achievement for Mechagon.
    • Mechagon is a grinding island, with the potential to be an endless grind if you want.
    • The Prince of Mechagon is the leader of the resistance you do quests for on the island.
    • Constructions pop up all over the island that you need to donate resources to build up.
    • Almost all mobs on the island drop relevant resources for the constructions.
    • Mechagon is a big "collect stuff for rewards" island.
    • Mechagon is not timegated, but it is impossible to complete it in one day.
    • Mechagon has the most secrets per square inch than any other place in the game.
    • The gameplay affecting systems like customizing your trinket will not take too long. Collecting all the rewards, however, will take some time.
    • Resources are not just used for building, but for progressing in the island's secrets.
    • War Mode is enabled in Mechagon, but the central hub is neutral and you will be attacked by guards if you initiate combat with the opposite faction. The turrets are not PvP enabled, but it seems like Ion wanted them to be now that Taliesin mentioned it.
    • The trinket has slots like gem slots, and you collect schematics and recipes to build punch cards, or the cards themselves to slot into the trinket.
    • They start by just giving stat boosts, but eventually will also give you effects as you find better ones.
    • There will be the return of "actual" rares that don't pop up often.
    • You can paint and customize your mechano-cat mount by earning resources.

• Operation: Mechagon Dungeon
    • The Mechagon dungeon starts outside and eventually you move into the heart of the city.
    • There is a stealth portion of the dungeon where you have to stand on vents to keep hidden.
    • The loot in Mechagon will be similar item level compared to Karazhan/Emerald Nightmare, however, there will be unique schematics for punch cards in the dungeon that mythic raiders will want.
    • Some of the punch cards for the trinket interact with the Azerite traits from Mechagon.

• Nazjatar
    • Nazjatar is the big story focused island.
    • The Nazjatar zone is not really time gated, but the story will progress over weeks.

• Flying
    • Pathfinder Part II will take as long as it did in Legion, involving rep from both Nazjatar and Mechagon.

• Mount Equipment
    • The Mount Equipment that prevents being dazed is created by blacksmiths.
    • These equipment slots are like gems. They last until you replace them with another one.
    • If you have the Water Strider mount, you receive the water walking mount equipment for free in the mail on patch day.
    • Furthermore, if you already have the strider you can buy the water walking mount equipment for a substantially reduced price from the vendor who sold you the mount.
    • The Water Strider will no longer be able to walk on water without the equipment slot.
    • The Sky Golem will still be able to harvest herbs, but it will not benefit from mount equipment.
    • Natural abilities like tanks not getting dazed or Death Knights water walking will stack with equipment.
    • More mount equipment items will be added in the future.
    • Lvl 100 is the current requirement to equip mount equipment, but it will likely be changed. (confirmed that you need to have a level 100 character and then the equipment can be used from level 20 on all other toons, with the equipment being BoA.)

• Azshara's Eternal Palace
    • The underwater boss is the second boss in Azshara's Eternal Palace. There is no mechanic that requires 3D mechanic knowledge. The boss has platforms that you fight on and you basically swim through a gauntlet to get to him on other platforms.
    • Swim speed is actually the same as run speed without a mount.
    • Breath is not an issue in the fight.
    • Druids will have a speed advantage in the fight during platform transitions with aquatic form.
    • We will know who the final boss of Battle for Azeroth is after the events of this raid.
    • Taliesin will reveal who they think the final boss of the expansion is in their weekly video.
    • Lady Priscilla Ashvane is a boss in Azshara's Eternal Palace and her model is a sea giant.
    • At one point in the fight, Ashvane comes out of this form, but her new form is a secret.

Anyway, since we're getting close to releasing Patch 2.0 on the PTR, I figured I'd ask you guys if you're still playing and/or looking forward to the biggest patch yet in WoW history?

Not excited at all. Nazjatar should've been underwater. All my classes feel like shit and this won't fix it, it will just make it less shit. War Mode is a shit idea (saying this as someone who has only played on PvP server), World Quest suck (dailies were far more purposeful and less hamster wheel-ey). Professions are still completely ruined. Still not feeling rewarded doing anything, And the story is turning out terribly, especially considering the promise it initially had before release.
Funny enough, the additions they come with that's supposed to fix the problems with Azerite armor and how it didn't feel good or like a replacement for Artifacts, is basically a mix of Glyphs and Artifact powers.

As even mentioned by the recaps of interviews that I've seen, you'll have to wait until the next expansion for the real fixes for what's wrong with this expansion. I literally just subbed 1 month just in time for the release of the raid and the Zandalari trolls (brilliant race), but definitely not resubbing until Classic comes out. I'm about to try FFXIV for a month or two and see if it might grab me. Still a shame that there hasn't been any big movements on the MMORPG front for something to beat out WoW. I was so disappointed with what happened to Everquest Next. It felt like a real next-gen MMORPG and it all become nothing.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Hey, so I hope this doesn't count as necroing an old thread?

Here's a quick rundown on what you can expect so far:

• Heart of Azeroth
    • The Heart of Azeroth UI shown in the live stream is unfinished and will have a lot more as BfA progresses.
    • In between the major and minor abilities are smaller traits to unlock similar to the Legion artifact.
    • There are unique essences for each type of content, such as one for reputation grinds, raiding, dungeons, etc.
    • You get a new rank for each of these as you progress in the content relevant to it. Example - Rank 1 for honored, Rank 2 for revered, etc for reputation essence.
    • Each essence has a major and minor effect. If you place an essence into the major slot, it will get both benefits. In a minor slot, it will only get the minor benefit.
    • The visual effect for max rank will be impressive.
    • All essences will work in PvP according to Holinka.
    • Some of the essence effects affect a spec/class specific spell.
    • Blizzard expects people to have about 6 different essences unlocked by the end of the first week.
    • Essences work exactly like talents, meaning they can be freely swapped in a rested zone or with a tome.
    • There are new raid and dungeon specific Azerite Traits, dungeon ones being from Mechagon.
    • By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essence slots and possibly 2 major.

• Mechagon
    • Mechagon is bigger than the Timeless Isle, but not as vertical. Nazjatar is HUGE.
    • Mechagon and Nazjatar will be fully open on day 1, while the dungeon and raid will launch either the second or third week.
    • The Mecha-wheel mount special has the wheel spin around while you do a backflip with fire effects.
    • The Mecha-wheel is the reward for completing the meta achievement for Mechagon.
    • Mechagon is a grinding island, with the potential to be an endless grind if you want.
    • The Prince of Mechagon is the leader of the resistance you do quests for on the island.
    • Constructions pop up all over the island that you need to donate resources to build up.
    • Almost all mobs on the island drop relevant resources for the constructions.
    • Mechagon is a big "collect stuff for rewards" island.
    • Mechagon is not timegated, but it is impossible to complete it in one day.
    • Mechagon has the most secrets per square inch than any other place in the game.
    • The gameplay affecting systems like customizing your trinket will not take too long. Collecting all the rewards, however, will take some time.
    • Resources are not just used for building, but for progressing in the island's secrets.
    • War Mode is enabled in Mechagon, but the central hub is neutral and you will be attacked by guards if you initiate combat with the opposite faction. The turrets are not PvP enabled, but it seems like Ion wanted them to be now that Taliesin mentioned it.
    • The trinket has slots like gem slots, and you collect schematics and recipes to build punch cards, or the cards themselves to slot into the trinket.
    • They start by just giving stat boosts, but eventually will also give you effects as you find better ones.
    • There will be the return of "actual" rares that don't pop up often.
    • You can paint and customize your mechano-cat mount by earning resources.

• Operation: Mechagon Dungeon
    • The Mechagon dungeon starts outside and eventually you move into the heart of the city.
    • There is a stealth portion of the dungeon where you have to stand on vents to keep hidden.
    • The loot in Mechagon will be similar item level compared to Karazhan/Emerald Nightmare, however, there will be unique schematics for punch cards in the dungeon that mythic raiders will want.
    • Some of the punch cards for the trinket interact with the Azerite traits from Mechagon.

• Nazjatar
    • Nazjatar is the big story focused island.
    • The Nazjatar zone is not really time gated, but the story will progress over weeks.

• Flying
    • Pathfinder Part II will take as long as it did in Legion, involving rep from both Nazjatar and Mechagon.

• Mount Equipment
    • The Mount Equipment that prevents being dazed is created by blacksmiths.
    • These equipment slots are like gems. They last until you replace them with another one.
    • If you have the Water Strider mount, you receive the water walking mount equipment for free in the mail on patch day.
    • Furthermore, if you already have the strider you can buy the water walking mount equipment for a substantially reduced price from the vendor who sold you the mount.
    • The Water Strider will no longer be able to walk on water without the equipment slot.
    • The Sky Golem will still be able to harvest herbs, but it will not benefit from mount equipment.
    • Natural abilities like tanks not getting dazed or Death Knights water walking will stack with equipment.
    • More mount equipment items will be added in the future.
    • Lvl 100 is the current requirement to equip mount equipment, but it will likely be changed. (confirmed that you need to have a level 100 character and then the equipment can be used from level 20 on all other toons, with the equipment being BoA.)

• Azshara's Eternal Palace
    • The underwater boss is the second boss in Azshara's Eternal Palace. There is no mechanic that requires 3D mechanic knowledge. The boss has platforms that you fight on and you basically swim through a gauntlet to get to him on other platforms.
    • Swim speed is actually the same as run speed without a mount.
    • Breath is not an issue in the fight.
    • Druids will have a speed advantage in the fight during platform transitions with aquatic form.
    • We will know who the final boss of Battle for Azeroth is after the events of this raid.
    • Taliesin will reveal who they think the final boss of the expansion is in their weekly video.
    • Lady Priscilla Ashvane is a boss in Azshara's Eternal Palace and her model is a sea giant.
    • At one point in the fight, Ashvane comes out of this form, but her new form is a secret.

I am liking many of the changes. BFA has been my favorite expansion since Pandaria, with just a few minor issues here and there - many of which seem to be getting fixed in this patch. The only issues I currently have are how grindy much of the daily content seems to be. Want a cool pet/mount? Better grind those World Quests until you reach the rep required to get an RNG box! Thankfully it is far less annoying than it was in Legion, but still I would prefer to simply buy my items with sufficient funds of gold (which is also beyond inflated; if you have multiple mounts that require millions of gold each, don't make the returns you get so limited).

BunzLee

I agree for the most part. The Wolrd Quest system is something I prefer to the old rep grind, but BfA has generally made it hard for me to find a purpose in playing. I do enjoy my class (being a SV Hunter) as it brings something fresh to the table, but the Horde storyline feels a bit of a drag to me.

Patch 2.0 seems to fix a couple of the problems most people have struggled with so far, I really hope the two new zones give me enough to do for my casual solo play. I am still a bit annoyed by the whole economy, as prices are skyrocketing but you barely make enough to keep up if you don't dedicate playtime specifically to making money.

That said, I will probably not really quit WoW any time soon, although I do keep my eyes open for fresh new ideas. It's just that most of them end up just not being that great, so I always end up playing WoW with my friends.

I agree for the most part. The Wolrd Quest system is something I prefer to the old rep grind, but BfA has generally made it hard for me to find a purpose in playing. I do enjoy my class (being a SV Hunter) as it brings something fresh to the table, but the Horde storyline feels a bit of a drag to me.

Patch 2.0 seems to fix a couple of the problems most people have struggled with so far, I really hope the two new zones give me enough to do for my casual solo play. I am still a bit annoyed by the whole economy, as prices are skyrocketing but you barely make enough to keep up if you don't dedicate playtime specifically to making money.

That said, I will probably not really quit WoW any time soon, although I do keep my eyes open for fresh new ideas. It's just that most of them end up just not being that great, so I always end up playing WoW with my friends.

World Quests annoy me so much. I barely do any of them anymore, because it's just a constant drive. I understand the problem they had with dailies at a point, where you had so many to do, but at least dailies felt like you were building towards something specific. You were limited in how many you could do initially, letting you have a small amount of tasks that you did and I seem to remember that you often had to choose which one you focused on.

The problem of money that happened from WoD onwards, just feels crushing, yeah. It doesn't help that professions have been brutalized either, making the various paths to making money feel less fun or viable.

Good for you and Dr. Claus Dr. Claus that you still enjoy it or at least look hopeful at the next patch, but I'm mostly decking out my Zandalari Paladin with transmogs, enjoying doing old content, rather than playing very much current content, until my sub runs out this month. Then it's not returning until Classic for me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
World Quests annoy me so much. I barely do any of them anymore, because it's just a constant drive. I understand the problem they had with dailies at a point, where you had so many to do, but at least dailies felt like you were building towards something specific. You were limited in how many you could do initially, letting you have a small amount of tasks that you did and I seem to remember that you often had to choose which one you focused on.

The problem of money that happened from WoD onwards, just feels crushing, yeah. It doesn't help that professions have been brutalized either, making the various paths to making money feel less fun or viable.

Good for you and Dr. Claus Dr. Claus that you still enjoy it or at least look hopeful at the next patch, but I'm mostly decking out my Zandalari Paladin with transmogs, enjoying doing old content, rather than playing very much current content, until my sub runs out this month. Then it's not returning until Classic for me.

Yea, I do agree with you on World Quests. While I enjoyed them initially, the amount of grinding required to get normally rep-related items (Mounts/Pets/etc) was just asinine. I despise this paragon loot box system they have with such coveted items hidden inside. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it so much if it provided tokens or some such that you could use to buy the mounts, or a mount/pet reward once you get the box 5/10 times.

If anything, I would prefer they go back to the old daily system, or better yet - take a page out of FFXIV's book. They use an updated concept of the dailies that were seen in Pandaria with heavy emphasis on shorter, but more memorable quests and stronger narrative focus that help flesh out the world and its inhabitants. Take out the WQ system and tie unlockable races to this. It would allow you to learn more about these races, their culture, and provide a tangible reward once you are done. Continued use of it could be a way you could earn crafting materials, transmogs, pets, or mounts as well.

As for professions - I never found them fun. They were a thing that you did to either min-max your character (Alch/JC as a Holy Paladin in Wrath as an example), or to make money. They were rarely ever required outside of the early years and provide tangential benefits at best. I would like to see them reworked entirely from the ground up - something similar to FFXIV or even WildStar.

There are a number of things I don't like with how the game is going - but ultimately they are things that matter very little to how I play the game. I primarily raid and log in for the occasional daily. I would love for things to be a bit less grindy as I don't enjoy doing the same content ad nauseum. However, the world design, the story, the raids - they are all still fantastic and better than ever, IMO. Both continents are beyond beautiful and fantastic to explore.

If anything, I would prefer they go back to the old daily system, or better yet - take a page out of FFXIV's book. They use an updated concept of the dailies that were seen in Pandaria with heavy emphasis on shorter, but more memorable quests and stronger narrative focus that help flesh out the world and its inhabitants. Take out the WQ system and tie unlockable races to this. It would allow you to learn more about these races, their culture, and provide a tangible reward once you are done. Continued use of it could be a way you could earn crafting materials, transmogs, pets, or mounts as well.

Well, since I'm gonna play FFXIV after my WoW sub runs out this month, I'll get to experience how much better it is.

As for professions - I never found them fun. They were a thing that you did to either min-max your character (Alch/JC as a Holy Paladin in Wrath as an example), or to make money. They were rarely ever required outside of the early years and provide tangential benefits at best. I would like to see them reworked entirely from the ground up - something similar to FFXIV or even WildStar.

Well, my experiences with professions are different than yours, but at least they had meaning and purpose. They were a big part in making money and driving the economy and they did have obvious benefits. Nowadays a quick question about professions ends up with "pick gathering professions" or possibly "herb/alch". Utterly meaningless in its current form.

However, the world design, the story, the raids - they are all still fantastic and better than ever, IMO. Both continents are beyond beautiful and fantastic to explore.

I can agree with the raids, even though I definitely wouldn't say "better than ever". But the story is so bad now that people are fuming. Personally I'm just upset that all the interesting set-up from before the expansion, especially with the Warbringers and all, just ends up terribly. For me I'd say the questing is fine, with Drustvar and Nazmir being my most memorable zones that didn't tire me out and felt fun. The overall overarching story, however, is just terrible. At least the Horde Zandalar story is handled better than the Jaina story in Kul'Tiras.

World design? That I definitely disagree with. Nazmir and Drustvar are the only zones I really liked, Zandalar is also fine, but otherwise it feels very boring and by the books. The whole two islands set up is also generally alienating and feels terrible. Having been flying around Outland to mine last week, the sense of the world and its design is just impeccable in TBC, while I'm generally feeling less marvelled when playing most of the BFA zones. That's all dependent on taste, obviously.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Well, since I'm gonna play FFXIV after my WoW sub runs out this month, I'll get to experience how much better it is.

Well, my experiences with professions are different than yours, but at least they had meaning and purpose. They were a big part in making money and driving the economy and they did have obvious benefits. Nowadays a quick question about professions ends up with "pick gathering professions" or possibly "herb/alch". Utterly meaningless in its current form.

I can agree with the raids, even though I definitely wouldn't say "better than ever". But the story is so bad now that people are fuming. Personally I'm just upset that all the interesting set-up from before the expansion, especially with the Warbringers and all, just ends up terribly. For me I'd say the questing is fine, with Drustvar and Nazmir being my most memorable zones that didn't tire me out and felt fun. The overall overarching story, however, is just terrible. At least the Horde Zandalar story is handled better than the Jaina story in Kul'Tiras.

I never thought the story was objectively "good", just enjoyably bad. I enjoy the characters, the setting, and the current focus more than I did with Legion, WoD, or Cata. I don't go into WoW expecting a well written story, but something to keep me entertained and I am more than entertained with the story atm.

World design? That I definitely disagree with. Nazmir and Drustvar are the only zones I really liked, Zandalar is also fine, but otherwise it feels very boring and by the books. The whole two islands set up is also generally alienating and feels terrible. Having been flying around Outland to mine last week, the sense of the world and its design is just impeccable in TBC, while I'm generally feeling less marvelled when playing most of the BFA zones. That's all dependent on taste, obviously.

Yea, I never liked Outland's designs. I just don't much care for any of the stuff that deals with Legion or space ships, so after the Draenor and Space Ships of WoD/Legion - I am just happy to be back on solid ground with some zone designs that feel like they flow into each other, instead of being disjointed like they were with the Broken Isles.

In lieu of what we've discussed about 8.2, it was interesting to see with Bellular's newest video, that a lot of people as well don't feel as hyped up for 8.2.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Eh, I am curious as to where Bellular gets his data. I stopped watching him a while ago as he seemed to do nothing but bash the game and it grew very tiresome to listen to. Similar to how tiring it is when an Anti-Sony Voost Kain thread is posted.

Last edited:
Eh, I am curious as to where Bellular gets his data. I stopped watching him a while ago as he seemed to do nothing but bash the game and it grew very tiresome to listen to.

Bellular bashing the game? I'd say he critiques the game. Bashing would be what Asmongold and Az does. On the other side of the spectrum you'd have Taliesin. Bellular and to some extent depending on the topic Preach, I'd say are honestly critiquing the game. Of course, it's not "objective", because the experience of the game and its systems is a subjective experience. But Bellular usually puts forth the positive things, while also pointing out the negative things. Not trying to hype things up too much as well. The posted video was about the how all the positive and exciting news he posted about 8.2 being met with mixed reception.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Bellular bashing the game? I'd say he critiques the game. Bashing would be what Asmongold and Az does. On the other side of the spectrum you'd have Taliesin. Bellular and to some extent depending on the topic Preach, I'd say are honestly critiquing the game. Of course, it's not "objective", because the experience of the game and its systems is a subjective experience. But Bellular usually puts forth the positive things, while also pointing out the negative things. Not trying to hype things up too much as well. The posted video was about the how all the positive and exciting news he posted about 8.2 being met with mixed reception.

See, I would have agreed with you back in Legion/WoD - but it just seemed far more doom/gloom with him in BFA. Almost every other video seemed to be about how something was wrong or how the community was angry. Maybe I was just reading too into it.

BunzLee

Bellular even mentions in his videos that he doesn't want to bash the game. He wants them to do better. He even has videos where he says he doesn't want to talk about specific topics anymore. It just seems that Blizzard is currently in a state where they basically force the players to speak out about the negative things, which is a bit sad to be honest. I'd rather have more upbeat news, but I guess that's just the state the game is in.

I've been playing WoW since release day, and as much as it irks me, I have to agree with most of the critique. Some of it does not affect my way of playing, but the overall atmosphere has suffered from Blizzard's direction nowadays. Activision hasn't done them any good.

My biggest problem is that the only thing keeping me in WoW is the lore/story, and it's taking twists and turns that I can not get behind. Therefore I hope there's a huge payoff at the end - But I'm sceptical, as they're adding more and more things (old gods, naga, faction wars, azeroth dying) without really coming to any conclusions. If they keep this up, it'll be a mess.

cucuchu

Same here! Decided to come back to the game after burning out progression mythic BoD and also my guild being extremely toxic at the time didn't help matters either. So now I just casually raid & enjoy the content at my own pace.

I'd say things have turned around quite a bit since the start of BFA. It still has its issues but I for the first time in a LOOOONG time, I am legit excited for where the game is going, especially with the level squish and their comments about going too far with class pruning. Mechagon (the zone and new 5 man mega-dungeon) is some of the best content to come to the game in years and proof that Blizzard still knows what they are doing. The Eternal Palace is fairly solid for a raid too, although I've yet to step into mythic, its very well-tuned at heroic. The story is starting to go somewhere interesting with the old gods and the possibilities for the next expansion...personally I think we are heading to a WoW reboot of sorts, with another revamp or rebirth of the old zones (reorigination) and an emphasis on the old gods, twisting nether, and black dragonflight.

Kudos to the WoW team for turning things around and I hope they can keep it up.

Last edited:
I bought the Battle for Azeroth about a year ago, and never really got around to playing it. I think it's because I don't know anyone that plays. Should I continue with my character from scratch or do a level upgrade to get to 110? Should I grind until I hit the level cap, so I can take part in raids? Where do all the gaf people hang out?

Manus

I bought the Battle for Azeroth about a year ago, and never really got around to playing it. I think it's because I don't know anyone that plays. Should I continue with my character from scratch or do a level upgrade to get to 110? Should I grind until I hit the level cap, so I can take part in raids? Where do all the gaf people hang out?

The only thing with boosting is you really don't learn the ends and outs of your class for a while. Leveling from scratch really gets you familiar with your class. Now that 8.2 is out it's super easy to get current raid ready gear fast. I play on Illidian as Horde.

Went 7/8 last night in The Eternal Palace. Normal is super easy it seems. Glad so see Monk healing is still so good. Love my Mistweaver Monk.

Last edited:
The only thing with boosting is you really don't learn the ends and outs of your class for a while. Leveling from scratch really gets you familiar with your class. Now that 8.2 is out it's super easy to get current raid ready gear fast. I play on Illidian as Horde.

Went 7/8 last night in The Eternal Palace. Normal is super easy it seems. Glad so see Monk healing is still so good. Love my Mistweaver Monk.

Yeah that makes sense, so I should just go through the normal class story profession or do you recommend grinding doing a certain thing?

Paasei

At this point I'm just waiting for Classic and see it I can still enjoy that version of the game enough to keep playing. After so many years (been playing from the start), I just got over it. Makes sense. Eventually everything gets boring, but goddamn did I have a great time in this game.
I can actually show everyone what I've been doing with a friend in the last few days of my gametime =)

A dueling session between him (the paladin who recorded) and me on my mage being his opponent. For one of those PvP videos, that will probably never see the light of day.

Tesseract

Banned
friends are getting pissed that i keep not playing with them

i ask what new pvp things there are and i get shifty answers

yeah dawg no world pvp equals no me play u game

Dargor

I stopped playing this game a few years back and I'll only play it again when the lore team remembers that The Horde and its players aren't third class citizens that are only there to play the villain.

Helios

friends are getting pissed that i keep not playing with them

i ask what new pvp things there are and i get shifty answers

yeah dawg no world pvp equals no me play u game
What faction are you going to play on Classic? If you ain't playing Horde you better get your ass ready, boi

Manus

The biggest thing I'm excited for in Classic is doing the old Warlock minion quests and mount quests. They were so good!

Flintty

The biggest thing I'm excited for in Classic is doing the old Warlock minion quests and mount quests. They were so good!

2006 Warlock here and I agree, especially for the lvl 60 Dreadsteed! Looking forward to having a decent talent tree again too!

Top Bottom