• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Pre-purchase about to begin

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
pre-purchaseq2sbj.png

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/shop/

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If I pre-purchase am I charged right away or when it's dispatched like Amazon pre-orders?

Dawg

Rösti;103818346 said:
The billing page actually has more info:

MoP beta started in March and the game came out around october, right? I wonder if beta will start early april.

moojito

I reckon after 7 years of collecting 10 buzzard wings I have zero interest in this expansion. I guess this is my stop, time to get off the great wow train!

Sophia

Fall release means Patch 5.4 will have been out for a year's worth of time. That's a looong time for one content patch. :\

Magnus

Ugh, that box art. I'm glad it's dark/black but not a fan of just one random Orc on front.

Also, if I preorder at retail (or preorder the physical CE anywhere) do I also get the 90 boost now?

erawsd

Fall? Ouch. I thought they had beefed up the dev team so that they wouldnt have such huge year long gaps in between content.

fwpx

Ugh, that box art. I'm glad it's dark/black but not a fan of just one random Orc on front.

Also, if I preorder at retail (or preorder the physical CE anywhere) do I also get the 90 boost now?

Random Orc? Grom Hellscream?

Yes, the 90 boost happens now.

Duxxy3

Fall release?

Wow, that's a huge gap in between content releases. I thought they were going to get better at this?

Majine

Banned
I don't see the extra 10 bucks when there are no new classes or races. I love WoW, but this expansion more than any before it seems like "Well, we have to put out something".

fwpx

I think this is it for me. I've been here since launch. I'm sick of broken release date promises, and I'm sick of the direction this game has been taking the last few years.

A full year of 5.4 is absolutely unacceptable.

UnrealEck

I wonder if it could be a good thing to release the game late into the year. People could have a break and come back and it'll feel fresher. But on the other hand, the subscribers will steadily drop, they'll lose income and people might not want to come back.

$49.99? For an expansion? Yeah, I'm not so sure.

I expect the price to come way down closer to launch, especially from third party sellers.

styl3s

$50 instead of $40? bah
To be fair the expansion does come with a free level 90 which is going to sell for like $50 by itself.

If i could get back into WOW (believe me i have tried multiple times over the years) this is what would push me back in but i just have no more real interest in MMO's anymore and it's not because i don't have time to invest i just don't care about the end game stuff. I was never into the raiding and maybe that's why my interest in wow peaked when BC came out, i only ever really cared about the BG's back in vanilla wow. When i play an RPG i kind of what that solo experience, i want that solo story and i want that beginning, middle and end. Grinding in between doesn't bother me because i honestly find grinding to be quite soothing i just like to have an end to my game and there is no end to a MMO. It's a constant time sink with no real reward IMO.

That being said i think the price is fine. I paid $60 for the digital deluxe expansion of both SC2 and D3.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
$10 more than everyone expected and at least a few months later than everyone wants.

God damn it, Blizzard.

Fuck, I couldn't even tell that was him.

Also, how do we get the boost if we purchase at retail? Digital Code on receipt?

When you register the xpac key on your account, I imagine.

Tamanon

Banned
Fuck, I couldn't even tell that was him.

Also, how do we get the boost if we purchase at retail? Digital Code on receipt?

I assume you wouldn't get it before release and it would be hooked to the CD Key in the box when registering it. Otherwise you might run into people preordering, getting the boost, and cancelling.

WarMacheen

The thing is, do I even give a shit this time. I mean I only came in at the end of BC, right before WoLK, loved both, Bought Cataclysm, loved it, Bought MoP didn't even get to 90.

I just don't know

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
To be fair the expansion does come with a free level 90 which is going to sell for like $50 by itself.

If i could get back into WOW (believe me i have tried multiple times over the years) this is what would push me back in but i just have no more real interest in MMO's anymore and it's not because i don't have time to invest i just don't care about the end game stuff. I was never into the raiding and maybe that's why my interest in wow peaked when BC came out, i only ever really cared about the BG's back in vanilla wow. When i play an RPG i kind of what that solo experience, i want that solo story and i want that beginning, middle and end. Grinding in between doesn't bother me because i honestly find grinding to be quite soothing i just like to have an end to my game and there is no end to a MMO. It's a constant time sink with no real reward IMO.

That being said i think the price is fine. I paid $60 for the digital deluxe expansion of both SC2 and D3.

To be fair, I don't give a shit about the boost, so don't force the price on people that won't even use it. =p

Yoda

Lol Siege of Orgimmar launched Sept 9th. They are about to have ICC 2.0 on their hands with a tier lasting for 12 months. Fall technically starts Sept 22nd btw. Just damn talk about getting behind in development.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wish they had given a better 'potential' release date than 12/20/14. Jesus christ, if it's not out till then I may quit.

Lol Siege of Orgimmar launched Sept 9th. They are about to have ICC 2.0 on their hands with a tier lasting for 12 months.

DS -> MoP was about 9-10 months too.

Finaika

Lol Siege of Orgimmar launched Sept 9th. They are about to have ICC 2.0 on their hands with a tier lasting for 12 months. Fall technically starts Sept 22nd btw. Just damn talk about getting behind in development.

DS 2.0

Top Bottom