• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst jump you had to make in a videogame?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
doom3. i would never have expected it. but this jump can suck some cock:

fuckingshittyjump.jpg

i just made it, and now i have to make the same fucking jump again on a revolving platform.

Runner up: Rope jumps at some part in tomb raider: the last revlation. that game was a series of shitty jumps though.

also a quick doom 3 lttp: this game fucking sucks. i might of liked it before these jumps. but this has fucking ruined everything.

it's also frustratingly dark. the game should be a series of pitch black jumps so i could fucking hate it more

edit: i had to hold shift :] props to luka

Rich!

Quite a few in Metroid Prime 1/2/3 until realising I was doing it wrong, and had to go another way. :lol

Fucking suspended crates in a stepping stair in Half Life 1 early on in the game. Maybe it was my age but that shit was fucking bullshit.

eosos

Banned
The beginning of windwaker when you have to swing on the ropes in the pirate ship... That took me ages. Then you had to do it again later :(
009.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
eosos said:
The beginning of windwaker when you have to swing on the ropes in the pirate ship... That took me ages. Then you had to do it again later :(
009.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

In regards to the op: seriously? That never gave me a single issue and I played through D3 like 5 times (yay co-op mod). You must be doing something very wrong. You know you can sprint right?

survivor

Banned
I remember when playing one of the Tomb Raider games on the PS1 or PC there was this impossible jump to. It was really frustrating especially after wasting 20 mins just trying to make the jump.

Turfster

And another vote for Psychonauts. I actually quit playing Psychonauts forever because of a jump I couldn't make for the life of me.
Oh, also, I guess the end of the first Halo counts, I never did finish Halo because the timed warthog jump kept going wrong.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Some jump on the Thailand mission of Tomb Raider Underworld, where the camera had zoomed in so close to her ass that I couldn't see which way I was facing anymore.

AndyD

aka andydumi
ascii42 said:
Max Payne, the train jump.

Came here to post this.

Also I forget what game it was but I had no idea there was a double jump in the game so I played about half the game before giving up. Turns out I had agonized over and made jumps that were easy with double jump but virtually impossible with single jump. Never went back to finish it...:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any platforming in Ninja Gaiden 1 (Xbox, PS3)

Red Scarlet said:
Early Screw Attack in Metroid Prime 2. Did it I think twice (left video) in 12 hours. Then I discovered the other method (right video), which is still iffy (but much easier for me to do).
Diagonal Bomb-Jumping across the missile lake to try to get to the Wrecked Ship early in Super Metroid. Of course, then I watched your speedrun and realised that you could Shinespark across instead :\

Also, Powerbomb #44 in a NBMB run of Super Metroid :\

Infinite Bomb-Jumping from the bomb room in Zero Mission up to the hall with the entrance to the Varia Suit Acid Room.

DBJ-ing across the pit leading up to the Varia Suit Acid Room in Zero Mission.

DBJ-ing and chaining some IBJs to actually get to the Varia Suit in the Varia Suit Acid Room in Zero Mission.

Just sequence breaking in 2D Metroid in general.

onken

There's one particular billboard on Burnout Paradise where you go along the tracks, up the ramp and over a building, god it took forever.

JRPereira

Herbspicesoy said:
dragon2.jpg

stuff of nightmares for a child

Jesus. I think you've nailed it. Nothing can prepare you for how awful that room is. I've only gotten past it like twice and it just gets far worse.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Diagonal Bomb-Jumping across the missile lake to try to get to the Wrecked Ship early in Super Metroid. Of course, then I watched your speedrun and realised that you could Shinespark across instead :\

Also, Powerbomb #44 in a NBMB run of Super Metroid :\

Infinite Bomb-Jumping from the bomb room in Zero Mission up to the hall with the entrance to the Varia Suit Acid Room.

DBJ-ing across the pit leading up to the Varia Suit Acid Room in Zero Mission.

DBJ-ing and chaining some IBJs to actually get to the Varia Suit in the Varia Suit Acid Room in Zero Mission.

Just sequence breaking in 2D Metroid in general.

Oh yeah, PB66 too. Because it is dumb.

Dark Savior, fourth parallel, floating castle.

Isometric jumping? Shitty. Isometric jumping where failure results in death? Shitty. Isometric jumping across small moving platforms where failure results in death? Super shitty. Timed isometric jumping across small moving platforms where failure results in death AND running out of time is a non-negotiable Game Over? ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA shitty.

Razorskin said:
Nef45.png

Fuck you lamp post.
FUCK THAT THING

You never, EVER have to use the "jump on your own and grab something above you" jump in the game, then it throws it at you without explanation.

It came right as I was trying to explain to someone how awesome this game is.

Top Bottom