• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst music in the world

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just leave this here, a classic from 1992. Beat this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snoopycat

Banned
Anything by U2. I'm not even going to post a video. Just go on YT, randomly pick one of their vids and that will be the worst music in the world until you pick another one.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
This thread is quickly gonna turn into people namedropping incredibly popular bands. Always does.

Anything by U2

Hey look, it already happened. I do hate U2 though. Anyway, to keep it video game related, here's the abortion of a soundtrack from Yoshi's New Island.

highrider

Banned
For me personally anything with a loud, super aggressive sound. Music is more of a peaceful refuge for me. Even like a really talented metal band, I just can’t. 😖

Halo0629

This thread is quickly gonna turn into people namedropping incredibly popular bands. Always does.

Hey look, it already happened. I do hate U2 though. Anyway, to keep it video game related, here's the abortion of a soundtrack from Yoshi's New Island.

Sounds like the composer was playing with a squeeky toy and then decided to add beats to it then call it a day.

MultiCore

The two worst songs ever:

Of all the garbage out there, you pick Achy Breaky Heart?

It's in tune, has a story, proper structure, grammaticaly reasonable, you can understand it, it's easy to dance to...

I understand the claim that it was overplayed and you can't stand to hear it any more, but it just can't be one of the objectively worst songs ever.

Last edited:

pr0cs

Pretty much most jazz, certainly acid jazz. Shit is fucking random, good luck playing the same song twice

MultiCore

Pretty much most jazz, certainly acid jazz. Shit is fucking random, good luck playing the same song twice
Jazz is, outside the standards, by it's nature, improvisational.

Not every improv solo is as good as the next one, but surely that's not how you would measure what's bad in music?

Bullet Club

I understand the claim that it was overplayed and you can't stand to hear it any more, but it just can't be one of the objectively worst songs ever.
It's a horrible song. I've hated it since I first heard it, so it's not due to it being overplayed. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

MultiCore

It's a horrible song. I've hated it since I first heard it, so it's not due to it being overplayed. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

I get it, and I wish you future joy in hating it, but I just think there's so many songs that're worse that I can't call plenty of songs I hate the worst songs ever.

Peace be with you, fellow poster.

pr0cs

Jazz is, outside the standards, by it's nature, improvisational.

Not every improv solo is as good as the next one, but surely that's not how you would measure what's bad in music?
I think it's bad, I hate jazz, the improvisation is why I despise it.

Never expected everyone to agree, but I'm sure a lot of people do

Bullet Club

I get it, and I wish you future joy in hating it, but I just think there's so many songs that're worse that I can't call plenty of songs I hate the worst songs ever.
That's cool, and I get were you're coming from, but I'd take a 2 year banging a saucepan over that song.

I notice you didn't put up a fight for the NKOTB song though. :messenger_grinning:

MultiCore

I think it's bad, I hate jazz, the improvisation is why I despise it.

Never expected everyone to agree, but I'm sure a lot of people do
I'm a sax player, so I'm probably biased.

Dizzy, Charlie Parker, Maynard Fergueson, Ernie Watts, there's just countless excellent improvisers out there.

I do understand the acid jazz thing.

I'd personally put Bjork out there as stuff I'd think is objectively bad.

Last edited:
Things I consider ear rape.

Like this for example (doesn't even really start until around 1:00 mark):

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I forgot one absolute essential.. "Smell Yo Dick". I shit you not.

Snoopycat

Banned

The title says "worst music in the world." It doesn't say "worst music in the world but don't choose popular bands and keep it video game related."

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Of all the garbage out there, you pick Achy Breaky Heart?

It's in tune, has a story, proper structure, grammaticaly reasonable, you can understand it, it's easy to dance to...

being in tune, has a story, structure, etc. has nothing to do with quality. this is like saying, "Your car has a frame, it has 4 doors, it drives, you can sit in it" while talking about a Pinto or something

i was 10 living in GA in 1991 and remember this shit song so well. it wasn't just the song, it was this whole line dancing craze as well. fuck this song and this white trash piece of crap and his spawn of satan.

Nymphae

Banned
I love threads like this lol. Your shit sucks, nah, your shit sucks.

I usually immediately change the radio if Aerosmith is on. Not saying they're the worst music in the world, it's just a band I am so sick of hearing and don't understand why they are considered on the level of other classic rock giants.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

As corny as that is, it's actually pretty awesome to see a kid (with the help of his family?) making a song and putting it online. Modern times, y'all.

That second song is legitimately funny, and his lyrics and syncopation are better than Lil Pump.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm not sure if Death Grips GAF is still around, but I'm still sticking with them as the worst music ever created.

I don't even have a specific example, just take this one for instance:

Last edited:

Domisto

As corny as that is, it's actually pretty awesome to see a kid (with the help of his family?) making a song and putting it online. Modern times, y'all.

That second song is legitimately funny, and his lyrics and syncopation are better than Lil Pump.
I hear ya but that pokemon one is pure torture to me.

The second one is just hilariously inappropriate (I'm sure they know it), so had to include it.

Top Bottom