• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst restaurant chain item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicer

Banned
No excuse to settle for fast food of any kind with sites like Yelp and ChowHound boards.

I don't settle for it, I actually enjoy some of it....

and I like the Chef's Choice Burger, still cant eat their "classic" chicken sandwiches they just don't sit right with me...

If you go to a well run franchise of any of the fast food places you can get decent food.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I got e. coli at Wendy's. So pretty much everything on that menu that isn't the spicy chicken sandwich.

Ha, reminds me that Wendy's initial settlement offer was free gift certificates to Wendy's.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
BK's XXL burger - tastes like a 90 second microwave burger. Its a pretty big burger so you have to put up with its horrible taste for a few minutes.

Ragnamith

mckroket_poster.jpg

Damn disgusting.

Whaaaaat? I think it's pretty good. It's basically just a "broodje kroket".

If you go to Burger King get the whopper. It's my favorite fast food burger. Most of the "gourmet" type burgers at any fast food place taste like shit and are overpriced. Worst item I've tried recently is the chicken mcbites from McDonalds. Apparently this is just an item to use fucked up or broken off pieces of nuggets from what I can tell and 90% of them were crust with very little chicken included. They must be laughing all the way to the bank with all the extra money being made off these.

Log4Girlz

If you go to Burger King get the whopper. It's my favorite fast food burger. Most of the "gourmet" type burgers at any fast food place taste like shit and are overpriced. Worst item I've tried recently is the chicken mcbites from McDonalds. Apparently this is just an item to use fucked up or broken off pieces of nuggets from what I can tell and 90% of them were crust with very little chicken included. They must be laughing all the way to the bank with all the extra money being made off these.

With the way they form nuggets, I doubt that. I think they are custom making this garbage. The KFC popcorn chicken seems to be left over pieces (and oddly, its my favorite item on their menu, not that its saying much).

Chuckie

Burger King.

Just... Burger King. I can't stand any of their burgers. Not good. Their chicken sandwhiches suck, especially their classic. Good god...

Their burgers are like 50 times better than McDonalds.

The Angry Whopper is awesome. Jalapenos, onions and hotsauce.

I forgot what it was called, but it's a Taco Bell burrito or taco with spicy Frito chips in it.

The chips inside are all soggy and taste borderline stale.

buhdeh

I don't know if it's just in Canada but KFC and BK have the worst fast food here by far. They're the only places that regularly microwave entire pre-made burgers. Nothing worse than ordering stuff here and finding soggy ass burger buns/chicken. McDonalds actually seems to have pretty good quality food (relative to other fast food).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Worst has to be the Original Chicken Sandwich from Burger King. I used to buy them on the days of the week that they were 2/$3 because I was too cheapass to get a Tendercrisp, but I finally realized that I was eating something that tasted like shit just to save a couple of dollars and stopped. Combine the saltiest, spongiest slab of chicken byproduct imaginable, a dash of limp lettuce, a squirt of mayo (which I never get anyway), put it on a bun so dry that you have to tear it apart with your jaw teeth, and you've got the sandwich.

Even worse is the Italian variety that replaces the lettuce and mayo with marinara sauce and a slice of cheese. I can't take more than a couple of bites without wanting to puke.

Seanspeed

Banned
I dont know about the worst, but I do know that I've never enjoyed a single thing from Burger King ever. Not an exaggeration. There's been things that have been bearable(but not good), such as the chicken fries and their croissant breakfast sandwiches, but everything else is just awful. Worst burgers, worst chicken, worst buns, worst fries, etc etc.

Most other fast food places at least have a couple items that I like, even if I dont like most of the stuff. Like McDonald's. I hate their burgers, their fries and their chicken sandwiches, but I do like a lot of their breakfast stuff, their chicken nuggets and McFlurries.

With KFC, I like their fried chicken and thats what they're known for and the only reason I'll ever go there, so I'm not gonna complain that everything else they make(apart from the sides like biscuits and stuff) is gross.

Pretty much anything McDonalds. It's like i'm not even eating real food. At least other fast food places have a semblance of food, but anything McDonalds looks and tastes like its synthetic food thingie. Nor do I understand the "OMG MCDONALDS FRIES!!!".

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I don't eat chain restaurant food much but the last item that was so nasty that I couldn't finish it was Sonic's Breakfast Burritos. The fucking eggs in those things were hard and rubbery. YUCK!

tokkun

lol
my friend used to drag me to KFC where he would order one of these and then we'd sit in the truck while he'd mix it all up into a homogenous paste and scarf it down with his eyes bulging out of his head, breathing hard, muttering "famous bowl" and I had the horror within me

The KFC bowl is just a fast-food version of Shepherd's Pie. I don't know how Patton Oswalt convinced people to think it was such an odd, gluttonous idea.

KorrZ

ukDG1.jpg

Bacon and Egg McMuffin (or I suppose the McMuffin in general).

McDonalds has the most bland eggs you'll ever taste, combined with either under or overcooked bacon that's way too salty. I just hate everything about the McMuffin, it tastes terrible.

Machine

I always find mall/food court food to be the most disgusting. Panda Express and Sbarro in particular. I don't get the blanket hate for BK though - I don't like everything on the menu but I love a Whopper occasionally.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Pretty much anything McDonalds. It's like i'm not even eating real food. At least other fast food places have a semblance of food, but anything McDonalds looks and tastes like its synthetic food thingie. Nor do I understand the "OMG MCDONALDS FRIES!!!".

I tried the McDonalds Sweet Tea once. It was essentially noting but sugar water. Fucking disgusting.

LakeEarth

That horrible flat bread steak sandwich from Taco Bell. I actually like Taco Bell, but that shit was godawful.

Regular menu item - BK chicken sandwich. Worst fast food chicken sandwich I know of.

Ebris

KFC ever since they introduced that awful double down/dublicious shit. Orange goop sauce tasted like ass. They shelved their Twister wraps for those awful items; in addition, they replaced the original Snacker sauce with the double down/dublicious orange diarrhea sauce and have absolutely ruined them.

FUCK DA COLONEL. Going to Popeyes for my fast food chicken fix from now on.

TheMan

so much hate for KFC. i mean i can see how you might prefer popeye's but if you get a fresh bucket of KFC it is delicious.

For the record, I had Panda Express once when I was in Chicago last year. FUCKING HORRID. It was the second worst place I ate at while there, with the first worst being a place I went to in an emergency due to some crazy hunger pains and it being 3am that had all the telltale signs of numerous health code violations. My burrito tasted like ball sweat, but even then I was thinking about how Panda Express didn't taste much better.

There are about a dozen cheap, fast food Chinese spots in malls here in Cleveland that taste great for what you spend (6.25 for two entrees/two sides). There are even some really tasty Chinese buffets that'll run you a little over $10. So maybe that's why Panda Buffet wasn't to my liking, but... taste bad, man.

Other than that, I'm going to go with KFC Snackers. I don't know what it is about those things, but every time I eat even one I end up shitting my brains out not long after or feeling like I'm going to puke my guts out. They aren't particularly nasty in terms of taste/texture, but they don't agree with me and considering I have a pretty iron stomach something tells me that can't be good.

pizza hut. their pizza is too greasy and bready

And holy shit, I thought I was the only one here!

Every single person I know loves Pizza Hut with a passion. I tell them it's gross and they roll their eyes, or in rare occasions even get offended.

When I can pick up a slice of Pizza with a napkin and before it reaches my mouth the napkin is literally dripping with grease/butter/whatever the fuck, I no longer have much of an appetite.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'm not Canadian and have never had these and I think they look fantastic.

As for the Panda Express discussion above, I have no clue why people like it. It's terrible. Yet, for some reason, the one in our area is absolutely packed every day.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
And holy shit, I thought I was the only one here!

Every single person I know loves Pizza Hut with a passion. I tell them it's gross and they roll their eyes, or in rare occasions even get offended.

When I can pick up a slice of Pizza with a napkin and before it reaches my mouth the napkin is literally dripping with grease/butter/whatever the fuck, I no longer have much of an appetite.

YES.

I'm usually laughed at when I say I can't stand Pizza Hut. The sauce isn't good at all and the crust is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom