• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would Bungie want to be acquired by either Sony or MS?

Would Bungie want to be purchased?

• Total voters

Dabaus

Banned
Ideally all these companies would remain independent. Sony is teaming up with firewalker or whatever with former destiny leads so they’re probably not interested in forking out billions for bungie. Talent comes and goes from studios so frequently that half the time you’d simply be buying a name with a completely different team that built the original game.

Bryank75

Banned
Bungie does great shooter gameplay but they take forever to make content and a lot of the monetization and reskins and all that stuff is quite annoying.

They'd be very expensive and need a lot of support or a new engine, which again would be expensive.

I think they are better left to themselves to sustain their business and keep their game multiplatform...... they have big player bases on all platforms I believe.

element

I think it would likely be viewed different now with the way MS is looking at games, but I think Bungie is happy with the direction the are on now. They have pretty much moved to self-publishing Destiny.

They have a deal with NetEase that appears to be 'here's money, keep doing what you are doing and we will help you with the next thing'.

BlackTron

I believe they choose the opposite.

They used Activision to get out of the MS hands... now they got out of the Activision hands.

They always pushed to be independent... freedom.

I totally agree. Bungie has already been there done that, I would be shocked if they were actively looking to do this.

BlackTron

They already expressed regret leaving Microsoft for Activision, maybe they can work with Microsoft again after letting them be independent.

Didn't know they expressed regret on this. Well that's too bad, you mean Bungie would have actually preferred, in hindsight, to save the Halo brand instead of make Destiny?

Nice job guys wow lol.

Yoboman

I never thought Insomniac would leave their independent model so anything is possible

Really depends on the ownership of the company. They became independent in 2007. Almost a decade and a half ago. Just because the owners wanted independence then doesn’t mean they wouldn’t be willing to sell now

Top Bottom