• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would like some game information about Treasure!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Was wondering if any of you bored fanatics could help me out. I'm looking for a complete listing of titles and platforms by the famed developer Treasure. Much appreciated.

dream

I bet jarrod could help. I'm sure I've seen him post something like that on the old board.

Spike

Gameography:

Gunstar Heroes - Genesis/Game Gear
McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure - Genesis
Dynamite Headdy - Genesis/Game Gear
Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen - Genesis
Alien Soldier - Genesis
Light Crusader - Genesis
Guardian Heroes - Saturn
Silhouette Mirage - Saturn/PS1
Mischief Makers - N64
Radiant Silvergun - Arcade/Saturn
Bangai-o (Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh) - N64/Dreamcast
Rakugaki Showtime - PS1
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth - N64
Silpheed: Lost Planet - PS2
Stretch Panic (Hippa No Linda) - PS2
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Bad Dream - GBA
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting - GBA
Ikaruga - Dreamcast/GameCube
Wario World - GameCube
Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot - GameCube
Astro Boy: Omega Factor - GBA

Cancelled Games:

Gun Beat - Arcade (Naomi)
Tiny Toon Adventures: Defenders of the Universe - PS2

Upcoming Games:

Guardian Heroes Advance - GBA
Gradius V - PS2

jarrod

Banned
Spike said:
Gameography:

Gunstar Heroes - Genesis/Game Gear
McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure - Genesis
Dynamite Headdy - Genesis/Game Gear
Yuu Yuu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen - Genesis
Alien Soldier - Genesis
Light Crusader - Genesis
Guardian Heroes - Saturn
Silhouette Mirage - Saturn/PS1
Mischief Makers - N64
Radiant Silvergun - Arcade/Saturn
Bangai-o (Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh) - N64/Dreamcast
Rakugaki Showtime - PS1
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth - N64
Silpheed: Lost Planet - PS2
Stretch Panic (Hippa No Linda) - PS2
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Bad Dream - GBA
Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting - GBA
Ikaruga - Dreamcast/GameCube
Wario World - GameCube
Dragon Drive: D-Masters Shot - GameCube
Astro Boy: Omega Factor - GBA

Cancelled Games:

Gun Beat - Arcade (Naomi)
Tiny Toon Adventures: Defenders of the Universe - PS2

Upcoming Games:

Guardian Heroes Advance - GBA
Gradius V - PS2
A few tiny corrections to that TNL gameography...

-Treasure didn't develop the Game Gear versions of Dynamite Headdy or Gunstar Heroes, Sega did them internally.

-It's actually Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA).

-Tiny Toon Adventures: Defenders of the Universe was also in production for GameCube (actually announced even in a Conspiracy press release).

-Gun Beat was also planned for Dreamcast release early on.

-Treasure was considering a collection of their Genesis/Saturn games, entitled Treasure Box, for Dreamcast.

-Radiant Silvergun was at one point in development for PlayStation. Crave was funding the project but they canceled it when SCEA's approval process failed it.

Spike

Is Gradius V being developed by Treasure, jarrod? I thought I read somewhere it was a different team working on it.

jarrod

Banned
Spike said:
Is Gradius V being developed by Treasure, jarrod? I thought I read somewhere it was a different team working on it.
Fully developed by Treasure using an enhanced KCET Contra engine. KCET's also funding the project but the game itself is all Treasure.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i doubt gradius v uses the contra engine. treasure are actually developing the game in collaboration with g-rev, who supplied ikaruga's 3d engine and went on to develop border down, and i think it's more likely that they coded the engine.

and i'm not convinced "treasure box" was ever anything more than a rumor.

edit: and i also think you've got the (apocryphal) psx radiant silvergun story wrong. as i've heard it, crave asked sce technicians about the prospect of porting silvergun to psx, and were told they shouldn't even try.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that "treasure box" rumor did the rounds forever. iirc it was supposed to be a saturn compilation of genesis games before it was supposed to be a dreamcast compilation of saturn and genesis games. my memory isn't reliable, but i think gamefan invented it.

i've heard that sega owns the rights to all of treasure's genesis titles anyway.

jarrod

Banned
drohne said:
i doubt gradius v uses the contra engine. treasure are actually developing the game in collaboration with g-rev, who supplied ikaruga's 3d engine and went on to develop border down, and i think it's more likely that they coded the engine.
Really? I'd always heard it was the Shattered Soldier engine, even around here. I wonder if g.rev might consider a PS2 port of Border Down now that thay've done some work on the platform?

drohne said:
and i'm not convinced "treasure box" was ever anything more than a rumor.
Well, the rumor started from a Treasure interview iirc. But no, nothing official was ever announced.

drohne said:
edit: and i also think you've got the (apocryphal) psx radiant silvergun story wrong. as i've heard it, crave asked sce technicians about the prospect of porting silvergun to psx, and were told they shouldn't even try.
Nope, Treasure had an very early build up and running for Crave which SCEA failed outright for not being up to par with the Saturn release (this was confirmed on the old board iirc, but I can't remember by whom). SCEA was particularly hard on Saturn ports towards the late 1990s, except it seems for stuff Working Designs picked up strangely enough. :/

jarrod

Banned
drohne said:
i've heard that sega owns the rights to all of treasure's genesis titles anyway.
I'm a little fuzzy on the details but as I understand it, Sega hold over Treasure's MegaDrive stuff and Guardian Heroes only lasts for a set period of years. And Treasure still holds rights over the actual IPs I think, while Sega holds rights on game program (sorta backwards I think to the way rights are usually divided up).

drohne said:
that "treasure box" rumor did the rounds forever. iirc it was supposed to be a saturn compilation of genesis games before it was supposed to be a dreamcast compilation of saturn and genesis games. my memory isn't reliable, but i think gamefan invented it.

Sounds like something they would have done.

jarrod said:
-Radiant Silvergun was at one point in development for PlayStation. Crave was funding the project but they canceled it when SCEA's approval process failed it.

My God Sony has been so stupid at time.

Top Bottom