• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you be happy with a Marvel Vs Capcom 4 that reuses assets but has a 70 character roster

KAL2006

Banned
Basically like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 which reuses assets of all the 2D Vs games to have a massive roster of 56.

This time around Capcom can reuse all the 3D assets, if you combine the roster of UMvC3 and MvCI. You have 62 characters. Add an additional 8 new characters to round that number upto 70.

The graphics can be 4K of course however the same models would be reused. They can add new shaders to update the models however it would still be based on the same models, animations and move sets.

Hinedorf

Banned
The series peaked with MvC2 and not because of the reused models, it was nothing short of lazy. Since 2 they've tried to include too many extra gimmicks that make it more of a meta fight than 2v2 or 3v3 due to the teammate or special teammate jump in, at least that's how I've felt as the series ages.

The last version of MVC3U sucks IMO due to the moves of a lot of characters. Certain characters just have extremely OP specials that work into great combos like other characters don't have. Wolverine is the same character since like 2 games ago, same with Spider man. The OP speed characters remain OP

The game doesn't need more characters it needs more diverse characters that are equally powerful with one another, give me balance not 20 unplayable characters.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
i want a Marvel vs Capcom with exclusive characters for example :

DwqYjAOVsAAPSYq.jpg

KAL2006

Banned
The series peaked with MvC2 and not because of the reused models, it was nothing short of lazy. Since 2 they've tried to include too many extra gimmicks that make it more of a meta fight than 2v2 or 3v3 due to the teammate or special teammate jump in, at least that's how I've felt as the series ages.

The last version of MVC3U sucks IMO due to the moves of a lot of characters. Certain characters just have extremely OP specials that work into great combos like other characters don't have. Wolverine is the same character since like 2 games ago, same with Spider man. The OP speed characters remain OP

The game doesn't need more characters it needs more diverse characters that are equally powerful with one another, give me balance not 20 unplayable characters.

If they are reusing the exact same characters, movesets and models can't they just balance these things. You exactly need more diverse characters just tone down the OP characters and buff the weaker characters.

Honestly they should've kept working on improving MvC:I. Sure it was a disaster at launch, but they learned nothing from it, instead they gave up on it. If they kept working on it like they did with SFV, it might've turned out to be a great game, instead they rushed it out bare bones, at full price and expected an instant success. If they kept releasing characters packs, we might've gotten the Xmen at some point, and then release a complete edition, which would've been essentially MVC4.

Top Bottom