• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would You Prefer Living In The MCU Instead Of This World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think people are not really understanding that the MCU is basically a worse version of real life for those without superpowers. It's bad enough getting mugged in New York without the city being invaded by aliens or the entire power grid getting shut down.

It's more advanced than our current world, and I don't live in NYC, or the other cities that movies love to destroy.

The only time Houston was destroyed was in ID4, and that was by our own government trying to nuke the aliens, after half the world was destroyed already. I think I would be fine.

Because of the chaos that often happens I'd imagine insurance would be mandatory on so many things in everyday life, with the premiums being outrageously expensive on all of them.

So, no.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is terrifying if you really think about it.

There are dozens of beings just on this planet that could destroy the earth with their own power.

Then you have the Celestials, Thanos (who plans to murder all of reality, or half, depending on his mood), Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, Surtur, The Kree Empire, the Chatari, the Skrulls, Dormammu, Nightmare, Loki with the OdinForce, Graviton, domestic terrorist organizations like AIM/Hydra/whatever the fuck they're doing on Agents of Shield, foreign terrorist organizations like the Ten Rings, secretive nation superpowers like Wakanda, Atlantis, and the home of the Inhumans, and the countless psychotic street-level villains who wouldn't think twice about offing a few civilians.

That's not even counting all the horrifying shit we'd be facing down if the Fantastic Four, mutants, or the Shi'ar were allowed in. Franklin Richards, the Annihilation Wave, Galactus and the Ultimate Nullifier, Doom, Apocalypse, Sentinels, Onslaught, The Juggernaut, The Phoenix Force, and Gladiator. Yeah no. Come to think of it, Fox could do some awesome cosmic-level shit if they really wanted to, but that's none of my business though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom