• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow, console gaming is fantastic!

Hudo

If you like it now OP, you would've loved it back when consoles really were focused on gaming. No online account bullshit, no day one patches, no bloated OS that gets in your way, just put in the game and play.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Only hockey missing. The rest = meh.

Hello diablo 3 hacked char, Xim4, etc. And lol at need. Choose to play by rules >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> need. LOL

That is not a advantage. That is a OS that does not let you do almost anything.

That si a "you" problem, not a pc problem.

You can customize you pc to even fart on boot if you want.

Cool for you.
I don’t know why you’re unhappy that he’s happy. To flat out tell him he’s wrong for liking a machine dedicated to games instead of turning his whole PC into a dedicated machine. Relax, nothing he does affects your ability to play on PC.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don’t know why you’re unhappy that he’s happy. To flat out tell him he’s wrong for liking a machine dedicated to games instead of turning his whole PC into a dedicated machine. Relax, nothing he does affects your ability to play on PC.
I think you misunderstood him. OP said there's no such thing as cheaters, while xim is equilivant to aimbot on consoles.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I think you misunderstood him. OP said there's no such thing as cheaters, while xim is equilivant to aimbot on consoles.
He’s right on a few things, but to totally dissect him including the valid opinion of liking a dedicated game machine is a bit strong. Even on the things he’s right on it’s undoubtedly less of a problem on console than it is in PC

I used to shit on consoles when I was younger and mainly on PC, but around 2009 I started playing a lot more on consoles when a lot of games simply didn't exist on PC. Also the less technical issues, the lower entry price point, less setting up, less frequent updates, etc. just made it a lot more comfortable after a long day working in IT. Now I enjoy the best of both worlds: I enjoy most of the arcade and cinematic games on console on my nice 4KTV with the comfort of my couch, but if I want a hardcore arena shooter or strategy game, I have a beefy gaming PC in the corner. I use consoles more than PC nowadays, but I would not go back to having just one of them.

Shubh_C63

As much as I hate walled garden on principle, I love them also.

There's something about too many choices that devalues the product. I still prefer PC though.

I enjoy playing on a console but only games that can't be played on PC. If game is on PC and I'm playing it on a console I always feel like I'm missing on better controls, better graphics, smoother gameplay, etc.

But yeah, sometimes it's amazing to boot Forza Motorsport 4 on 360 and just game on.

Last edited:

Senhua

4. As a PC gamer I am discovering many new games, that I wouldn't install on my PC or they are simply not available on PC to start with.
For me, it's another way around:
1. Full legacy library from 1985 era up to 3ds/ps3 on emulators
2. Abundant amount of high quality East/West Indie games (ex: Hades & Sword Fairy 7)
3. Full Modding ability (Playing as YorHa Commander in NieR A or Aranea Highwind in FF XV in god send)
4. Home for the only PC exclusive genre which I like: RTS / RTT / TBS / 4X / Grand Strategy / Space Sim
5. Regional prices and bundles
6. Bonus but not necessarily: better graphics and fps

The only cons is:
1. Price: 2-3x of consoles
2. Moneyhatted 3rd party and first party consoles exclusive games

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Well that's your mindset. No one's complaining about 30 fps on consoles, why should you complain about 54 fps? Get a g sync monitor.

The biggest question of all is, why do you only get 54 fps? Those a rookie numbers!

I'm not saying it's not my mindset. Just that I spend more time actually playing on a machine that's all there is to do on. And I'm not complaining, like I said I just end up spending more time optimizing, which can be its own kind of fun, but I get through more games on a console since there's nothing to distract me.

It's like reading on a smartphone vs a dedicated e-reader. You could say reading less on a smartphone is the persons problem and that's true, but that's exactly why there's space for dedicated devices.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Uh??? Where did I say something about being unhappy??? "Cool for you" should mean that it's a nice thing for him that he is happy.

Mobilemofo

Was a pc gamer for years..shit got old, so went console and never looked back. Shout-out to us gold for the awesome Amiga A1200 version of street fighter 2 😅 worst game ...ever..

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Congrats OP

Just get rid of that Double Dragon Neon 🤢
giphy.gif

Best combo ever!!

Pc have many gems too... actually im playing Stalker Call of pripyat and is amazing
So good. You have it modded at all? Game has some awesome mods.

Old Retro

I couldn't imagine playing coin op games in the 80s & 90s, and not playing the Sega/Nintendo/Capcom/Data East etc etc on home consoles. Not that you couldn't on PC back then, but if I remember, choices were not as abundant.

Alebrije

Consoles are great, I tried PC gaming bit my brain/hands not got used to mouse /keyboard. Console controls are the best if you are not into fight and fps competitive games.

Also the couch and screen nothing compares to a console+couch+big tv. Once you are there its hard to move to other setup.

Always nice when one of the pirating, port begging whores from down the way grows from adolescence into console adulthood. Welcome to your new family, and we love you.

Thabass

Imagine not supporting all of them. I have a PC with a 3080, PS5, Xbox Series X and Switch. I used them all regularly.

Lister

Banned
For some thats true but in my case, PC just doesn't have enough games for me that I'm willing to invest on it.

The platform with the most highly rated exclusives on the planet doesn't have games for you?

I'm guessing that's just your assumption.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
That's great OP! Wait until you play all the awesome consoles exclusives!

I was a PC master race for years and I would look down on console games and gamers. Most of my time was spent on adventure point-and-click and puzzle games a la Myst/Riven.

Then I bought a X360 and a PS2/PS3/Wii U and I was done with PC. I felt so bad about all the games I missed because I was influenced by the PCMR on forums (Jrpgs, capcom, sony, Nintendo etc)

I can still see that behavior here on Neogaf and it's sad.

dano1

A Sheep
Cheating is fast becoming much worse issue on consoles. Atleast on PC you can see cheaters get banned [most of the time ...eventually] , but on consoles anyone can cheat to their heart's content, forever, without any consequences.
You know why! Because there is now cross play with PC. I’ve never noticed any cheating before this. Maybe Xbox but not PlayStation.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The platform with the most highly rated exclusives on the planet doesn't have games for you?

I'm guessing that's just your assumption.
Well I’m fan of Japanese games and PC is starting get some of them but there are still lots of Japanese games I enjoy that will never makes to PC, for example: 13 Sentinels which was one of my favourite game in PS4 generation.

I prefer PC games 95% of the time as my tastes favor that platform, rpgs and strategy titles. Every gen I consider not purchasing a console because I don't really need yet another system. But those console exclusives are hard to pass up. Both Bloodborne and Ghost of Tsushima were worth the price of admission and I'm absolutely dying to play the Demon's Souls remake. PS3 Demon's Souls was a magical experience so going through that again in a much prettier and better performing version all but guarantees I'll eventually get a PS5.

Komatsu

I was basically a PC gamer for most of my life, but ended up becoming primarily a console player in my 30s, as I already spend most of my day in front of a computer either way. Playing on the couch is just fantastic.

Blond

Banned
The PS4 Pro made me sell my desktop PC and get a laptop that’s good enough for City builders and Diablo (M1 MacBook Pro) and I’ve never been happier. PC gaming is cool but the bar is entry is way too high now, it’s at the point where the old mid-2000s meme of “you can buy a whole console for the price of a single component “ is true. Entry level GPUs for 350-400 dollars can suck a dick!

Boneless

I have a PC, but I also play the Playstation now and then to be amongst the commoners, oh bless them!

Last edited:

Shmunter

Remember when games pass was said ‘not to negatively affect’ game sales. Yeah, Pepperidge farm remembers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom