• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow EB just really stuck it to the PSP

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
According to the fine-print

"Preplayed systems excluded"

So apparently it has to be unopened.

ethelred

MaddenNFL64 said:
<wow>

EB damn, that's going to hurt some PSP owners feelings when they walk in.

I don't think most gamers outside of internet forums take their consoles' feelings quite so personally.

jarrod said:
Because the consumer console technology arms race killed them... we all know that. ;)

That makes all of about zero sense.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I know it's the crazed Nintendo zealot in me, but this ALMOST balances out the distaste I normally have for EB with their "OUR USED IS YOUR NEW" policies on games.

KINGMOKU

ohdear.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Suikoguy said:

You can't seriously think that.

Mirimar

Suikoguy said:

I saw that as well, very bad wording. Also, does anyone know the source 'cause the pic is on imageshack and I can't find this on either site. Regional ad?

mj1108

Suikoguy said:

When they say that, I think they're referring to the DSLite and how the money you trade in a system for can only go towards a new DSLite -- not a used DSLite.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
RevenantKioku said:
You can't seriously think that.

No, i'm not serious.

But the fine print seriously suggests it :lol

Putting "System must be complete upon trade in." next to "Preplayed systems excluded."

Certainly suggests something :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I like how it says "Play" the future in reference to Nintendo DS. :D

I kid because I love. :)

KINGMOKU

Suikoguy said:
No, i'm not serious.

Putting "System must be complete upon trade in." next to "Preplayed systems excluded."

Well, I guess EBgames doesnt understand retail then. Open=NEW.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Suikoguy said:
No, i'm not serious.

I must have worked in retail too long. :lol
I just don't understand how one couldn't get that it is obviously referring to the one being bought. *sigh*

jarrod

Banned
ethelred said:
That makes all of about zero sense.
Arcades essentially lost their luster once consoles started ouputting comparable results... they lost their key draw. There's still an element of unique competitive/social play, but with online finally gaining ground outside the PC space, that's fast becoming co-opted by consoles too.... novel interfaces are about all arcade have going now beyond their dwindling hardcore culture, and Nintendo now looks to be taking even that advantage away.

RevenantKioku

dark10x said:
I like how it says "Play" the future in reference to Nintendo DS. :D

I kid because I love. :)
You know there's no love in that cold barren HD wasteland you call a heart.
:)

Chaucer

I wonder if the people who design these ads realize that they get analyzed by message boards on the internet. Or if they're blissfully unaware that they're being tracked blow for blow in the console war.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
You know there's no love in that cold barren HD wasteland you call a heart.
At least you can actually tell it's a wasteland (rather than a pixelated approximation of one).

RevenantKioku

dark10x said:
At least you can actually tell it's a wasteland (rather than a pixelated approximation of one).
:lol
Get N or get out, I guess. XD

Top Bottom