• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow...just won a Xbox Series X in my company year's end giveaway

balgajo

Because of COVID my company did a remote party this year. And instead of expending money with the party they did a giveaway with lots of cool products. My name was drawn for the X Box Series X.
At first I was thinking about selling it to finish paying my PS5, because I'm not that fan of Xbox exclusives. Then I remembered that they bought Bethesda, so I decided to stick with it. And that's really crazy because right now I have all main platforms(PC, Switch, PS5 and XBSX) and almost no time to play(work + baby). Usually I only buy Nintendo consoles. Some years ago I built a PC to play some multiplatform games. Then I bought a PS5 to play a lot of PS4 exclusives I was interested and now this.

That's it, nice to be lucky once in a while....XD

Congrats, that's awesome

giphy.gif

Hop on dat Game Pass and buckle in

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Throw in some money for 3 years of Gold and do the $1 Game Pass upgrade.

You'll now have 3 years of Game Pass. And that includes EA Play.

Pretty sure it still works.

balgajo

Congrats! Whats the first exclusive you'll pick up?
Are you talking about MS exclusives or Series X? If series X then I got the joke...XD

I'm thinking about making use of my game pass and play multiplat. Usually I like rpgs, platformers and action adventure games. I don't remember the last time ms made a game like this.

Last edited:
Congrats. It’s probably a paper weight for the next couple of years since you have a PS5 but like you said, once the MS studio games come out, it will come in handy to play Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Fable, and the Arkane games.

DonJorginho

Banned
It's a great console man, I hope you enjoy it, you're gonna have the best of both worlds with Gamepass with the XSX and the Sony exclusives with the PS5, throw in the great first party titles on Switch and the brute power of PC? You've got the perfect ways to play then!

Have fun with it all brother and congrats for winning!

Astral Dog

Thats pretty awesome man i heard GEARS 5 is pretty good but even for third party games XSX should be a cool system

Last edited:

Rival

Gold Member
Congrats that’s awesome! I won a wii back in the day when they were impossible to find in stores.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
What a sweet surprise! Keep it and get some games for it. Go play some b.c. games too since it sounds like you've never explored the Xbox library (maybe I'm getting the wrong impression).

drganon

Congratulations. I think the last time I won a contest/raffle was when I was a kid and won a free book. My life is sad

Aidah

It feels nice to win. I remember a friend of mine won an Xbox One when that came out, he still felt like he paid too much for it though.

Last edited:
Because of COVID my company did a remote party this year. And instead of expending money with the party they did a giveaway with lots of cool products. My name was drawn for the X Box Series X.
At first I was thinking about selling it to finish paying my PS5, because I'm not that fan of Xbox exclusives. Then I remembered that they bought Bethesda, so I decided to stick with it. And that's really crazy because right now I have all main platforms(PC, Switch, PS5 and XBSX) and almost no time to play(work + baby). Usually I only buy Nintendo consoles. Some years ago I built a PC to play some multiplatform games. Then I bought a PS5 to play a lot of PS4 exclusives I was interested and now this.

That's it, nice to be lucky once in a while....XD
Congrats my man ! You and I have similar gaming thoughts. I was all set to sit out xbox this gen , but the Zenimax buyout has too many good ip's to ignore .

Usually I like rpgs, platformers and action adventure games. I don't remember the last time ms made a game like this.
It's via BC but I would suggest taking a look at Crackdown (open world action with a hint of platforming), Ninja Gaiden Black & Ninja Gaiden II (action adventure), Lost Odyssey (JRPG) for starters.

Top Bottom