• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow, Psi-Ops is extremely well done

I noticed my local rental sore got the game in. I had picked Soliders: Heros of WWII over it, so I had missed out. I've been playing for about an hour now (just got mind drain), and all I have to say is wow. This is one kick ass game. It looks beautiful, much better then I expected. The Cut scenes are awesome! Some of the best I've seen. the engine and the TK power is so much fun to play around with. I really like big black guy and how they pull a Dr.Hibert with his hair styles. I almost don't want to fight him. Great game!

nathkenn

Borg Artiste
I thought it was great all around, i liked the parts around the temple. I swear they were making a reference to this movie

from%20beyond.jpg

Matlock

Banned
Marconelly said:
I agree that it seems to be a very nice game, but visually it's pretty meh (both in-game and cutscenes), IMO.

I thought it looked pretty damn good. Smooth graphics all-around, well-made models, decent textures...I'd put it up with Metal Gear Solid 2, if not a bit above, in graphic quality.

Plus...Midway's in-house particle graphics are so friggin' awesome.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I thought it looked pretty damn good. Smooth graphics all-around, well-made models, decent textures...I'd put it up with Metal Gear Solid 2, if not a bit above, in graphic quality.
Well, I guess we just have very different stance on what consitutes 'good', then. :p

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Matlock said:

Plus...Midway's in-house particle graphics are so friggin' awesome.

Er...are we playing the game here? The visuals are solid overall, but graphics are definitely NOT Psi-Ops' high point, and no way does it come anywhere close to the quality of Metal Gear Solid 2's visuals.

I started playing this game using the cheat codes for different character models (see Gamefaqs); there's a large number of different skins you can pick from, but anything's better than the generic main character model. You can even play as Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. :)

JayFro

Banned
Definitely a great game, I picked up the Pyro-kinesis on the last level and I'm having fun grilling out enemies.

Matlock

Banned
Marconelly said:
Well, I guess we just have very different stance on what consitutes 'good', then. :p

Well, what was wrong with them, other than the fact that most everything was dark?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Id put it up with MGS2 visually definitely, with the nice looking particle effects making up for MGS2's superior cinematography.

I can see why people find the game excellent, personally i dont find it that much fun but its definitely a solid game, that i hope midway learn from.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
I can still come back to this game simply because of the destruction I can do because of the physics. Oh, and the fact that you can mind control people and make them blow their own heads off.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Well, what was wrong with them, other than the fact that most everything was dark?
It looks kinda plain and uninspired. I don't know how better to put it, as it's not bad technically (texture resolution, etc) but so are not many amateurish looking PC games... It also doesn't even begin to approach the level of overall polish found in MGS2. What particle effects are you guys finding to be impressive in this game? I haven't seen anything really as good as MGS2's rain or underwater particle effects. On the other hand, physics rule the show in Psi Ops. Easyily the best thing about the game, as it basically does just as much (if not more) in that regard than what Half Life 2 seems to be doing.

Marconelly said:
Well, big surprise. I don't understand why you are even reviewing a non-Nintendo made game? :\
I'm sure you're just making a poor joke, but there *are* positive reviews, written by me, of non-Nintendo games, on that site.

I had a blast with the Psi-Ops demo, but was a bit disappointed with the final game. The Psi powers were still fun, but I didn't care for all of the level design and my interest wore down as the game got farther. Horrible ending too. I still think it's a solid game though.

Top Bottom