• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wprost: The Witcher 3 debuting at Microsoft's E3 conference

FACE

Banned

phaze

Polish weekly newspaper WPROST says Witcher 3 will be present at E3's Xbox's conference/unveiling.

As Wprost weekly has ascertained, in the next week on the largest computer exhibition E3 in Los Angeles, Witcher 3 will accompany the premiere of the newest Xbox console from Microsoft.

http://www.wprost.pl/ar/402957/Wiedzmin-3-na-premierze-nowego-Xboxa/

Of course take it with a large pinch of salt. But still, they are one of the biggest Polish weeklies.

Edit: Grrrrr Late.

M.D

I expected them to be at Sony's conference, but great to know we'll actually see it tomorrow :p

Nibel

What are you doing CD Project RED

The crowd that you are selling this to will mostly be on other platforms

Anarkin

There will be a DRM free version, that's the most important thing. As long as you have an option, I don't see a problem here.

On the pc it is going to be drm-free; it's not like they can ignore a potential large audience.

Besides, TW2 is on xbox already.

Still, it's quite strange given CDproject's statements on drm.

poisonelf

But what should they have done? Not release their game on a major platform because it features extreme and ridiculous level DRM?
I mean, personally I'd enjoy that, but it wouldn't make any business sense for them. Their games already get less sales than they deserve based on their quality.

I really don't think you can hold that against them as long as the game itself has no DRM on other platforms. It's Microsoft's choice and fault.

If they choose to premier a new trailer on that showing, that's understandable. But if they say anything about prioritizing the XBOX One version, then their old talk about DRM will seem very hollow.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
or they can opt out of the DRM for their own game at least.

They can't according to Microsoft's published stance

They have the choice to do nothing, and block trade/gifting entirely, or enable trade/gifting through Microsoft's DRM system and arrangements with retail.

edit - I mean, the latter isn't 'blocking used games' but it is restricting it through MS's system.

Enkidu

I don't exactly see what's so weird about this? Of course it's coming out on Xbone, regardless of whatever DRM it has. I'm really looking forward to seeing it in motion too.

Bye CDProjekt, I'll miss you once MS buys you.
We're not even talking about that possibility. All the first parties better stay far away from good developers.

Enectic

Banned
The Witcher EE and The Witcher 2 EE are both on OnLive...don't know how much more "DRM" you can get than that. What's so surprising about it coming the the Xbox One?

Linkified

I doubt this is true. It was reported behind closed doors only.

Tomb raider was also shown in more depth behind closed doors, but the unveil happened at MS conference that year ... I'm pretty sure GiantBomb mentioned something at the time.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong though.

Top Bottom