• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Bullet Club

sQmuCx9.jpg

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It would have been pretty cool in 1998. Hopefully it's OK in 2019.
The Undertaker is one of the GOAT but I am worried it will be a bit like when your favourite bands hit middle age and middle of the road, going through the motions, the fire is nearly all gone save for one or two hits.. but then the steam has been taken out of them

Bullet Club

It will have to be short, there's no way Goldberg is going more than 10 minutes unless there are lots of rest spots.

Big move
Stay down for 5 minutes
Big move
Stay down for 5 minutes
Spear...Jackhammer...kick out
Stay down for 5 minutes
Tombstone
Pin

Bullet Club

I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like it was bad.

"Vince" is trending on Twitter, he's getting accused of elder abuse for letting those two fight.

Shit, that Tombstone was not good.

Bullet Club

This tweet is causing some controversy. For those that don't know why, here's the reason:

Just because he was an asshole doesn't mean she is.

Man, Dragon Lee vs. Will Ospreay last night on NJPW was fucking amazing! Those two dudes are crazy in the ring. Ospreay just keeps getting better and better and Dragon Lee has a bright future ahead of him since he's only 24 years old and being as talented as he is.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
Those G1 blocks have got me hyped. Should be an incredible tournament, even by the standards of recent G1s.

D9MBZNWVAAIJ54-.jpg

Last edited:

kegkilla

Banned
Pro Wrestling is pretty much dead in America at this point, and the biggest culprit in its death is the fans. At its peak wrestling were mostly drunk, fun loving young men who brought energy and excitement to the show which in turn made the show feel much more exciting and engaging to watch. Now the crowds are filled with the bottom feeders of society. Smart marks generally with mental health issues who believe they are entitled to having the show produced and booked the way they want it. They throw temper tantrums when their favorite 5'8" indy star doesn't get pushed and have zero ability to appreciate the experience of fans not buried in the sad, pathetic rabbit hole of the internet Fandom, which has caused the non-toxic fans to become nearly extinct. And don't even get me started on the social agenda pushing shit. Anyway it's a lost cause at this point. RIP

Dthomp

Pro Wrestling is pretty much dead in America at this point, and the biggest culprit in its death is the fans. At its peak wrestling were mostly drunk, fun loving young men who brought energy and excitement to the show which in turn made the show feel much more exciting and engaging to watch. Now the crowds are filled with the bottom feeders of society. Smart marks generally with mental health issues who believe they are entitled to having the show produced and booked the way they want it. They throw temper tantrums when their favorite 5'8" indy star doesn't get pushed and have zero ability to appreciate the experience of fans not buried in the sad, pathetic rabbit hole of the internet Fandom, which has caused the non-toxic fans to become nearly extinct. And don't even get me started on the social agenda pushing shit. Anyway it's a lost cause at this point. RIP

Ok Vince, keep blaming everybody else. It has nothing to do with your stale product or love of big dudes who can't go. WWE is pretty much dead, there is plenty of hype and excitement over AEW, and plenty good product if you want to watch Impact or even ROH.

DKehoe

Gold Member

The crowds are more reasonable now than when they would try and shoot and stab the heels?

kegkilla

Banned
Ok Vince, keep blaming everybody else. It has nothing to do with your stale product or love of big dudes who can't go. WWE is pretty much dead, there is plenty of hype and excitement over AEW, and plenty good product if you want to watch Impact or even ROH.
Don't get me wrong, Vince takes some blame too, but it's mostly in regards to giving inches to the incel fan base and encouraging their bullshit, and allowing political correctness to infiltrate his brand.

AEW is a super concentrtion of the most pathetic and disgusting elements of pro Wrestling fandom and has no appeal outside of said fandom. They have zero appeal to normal audiences and their TV deal is done once that gets exposed via ratings (won't be long).

Dthomp

I suppose that's why All out sold out in 15 minutes and Stomping Ground still hasn't with days to go? Whether you like indies or not (Clearly you don't) it's just flat dumb to assume a promotion that basically wants to take something like wins and losses mattering (similar to NJPW) and finding it done because of it's "fans" is the dumbest of hot takes I've seen yet.

As someone who watches nxt. The main roster is super depressing. I really only tune in to see how the call ups are doing and they always get jobbed out. It's super crazy to see the ones who do get attention because they're almost always terrible (lacey, corbin, and now Lars).

Dthomp

As someone who watches nxt. The main roster is super depressing. I really only tune in to see how the call ups are doing and they always get jobbed out. It's super crazy to see the ones who do get attention because they're almost always terrible (lacey, corbin, and now Lars).
They all fit the Vince bill, BIG or TALL. Little to no talent, just have a look, and since Raw is like 87% skits and no wrestling they fit in

kegkilla

Banned
They all fit the Vince bill, BIG or TALL. Little to no talent, just have a look, and since Raw is like 87% skits and no wrestling they fit in
They actually look intimdating. Most NXT and indy guys look like unimpressive bums off the street. Nobody except the super sad snark crowd wants to watch that shit.

cryptoadam

Banned
Ya Corbin in the main event is stupid. For Sweet Saudi blood money it was ok because thats a glorified house show that no one watches (and I think WWE doesn't want any to watch to keep bad press at a minimum).

But Corbin is a guy who keeps losing all the time, is usually the fall guy in multi man tags, and now he is main eventing for the title. And on top of it everyone knows that Brock is the real feud with Seth so Corbin seems even more like a lame duck.

WWE main even scene is just kinda sad right now. Rollins/Corbin and Kofi/Ziggler. Honestly thats IC/US title level, not Main Event level.

Yeah I was an idiot and actually paid for that event. It was a train wreck + a columbia shuttle burn up + 150mph car crash into a tree. Their moves were so bad, that there were several moments that botched moves could have led to broken necks or partial paralysis. It was a dangerous match overall.

Top Bottom