• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Any Impact fans in the house? There's got to be dozens of us right? lol. I'm just glad to see them in a non death time slot again. Maybe they can start gaining some traction.

Dthomp

Any Impact fans in the house? There's got to be dozens of us right? lol. I'm just glad to see them in a non death time slot again. Maybe they can start gaining some traction.

I always kind of wanted to take up impact, and the last time I tuned in it was too much Sami Callihan for my taste, but I need to check it out again since WWE is almost completely off my radar at this point. It had gotten and still is the point of too much wrestling on TV for it to even be fun anymore.

Dthomp

Well watched most of Raw via DVR to see the "Season Premiere" and it felt like just more of the same "Huh?" that I'm too used to with Raw. Was expecting something epic, new set was kind of strange looking to me, Pyro was nice to see again. Vic and Dio seem like the announce team that I would like. I hate talking over important shit the way Cole always would, infact the quiet during intros is also a nice touch, at least when it was. Coles stupid catch phrases not being thrown out all night was also good. I know this is kind of a throwaway week with everything building to SD and HIAC before the "Draft". The main event was a clusterfuck of whats for me. Not sure why I am supposed to care about Lana/Bobby/Rusev at all, and it is corny and dumb, at least Maria can act and play the role great for her silly story.

Bullet Club

As unveiled today by NWA President Billy Corgan at the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta…. this return to its roots for the National Wrestling Alliance with studio wrestling is being made widely available for all great wrestling fans at the same time around the world. You can watch this show with no restrictions, no paywalls. Watch with other NWA fans during the live premiere every Tuesday at 6:05pm Eastern.

Impact vs NWA: Tuesday Night War

Last edited:

NickFire

Well watched most of Raw via DVR to see the "Season Premiere" and it felt like just more of the same "Huh?" that I'm too used to with Raw. Was expecting something epic, new set was kind of strange looking to me, Pyro was nice to see again. Vic and Dio seem like the announce team that I would like. I hate talking over important shit the way Cole always would, infact the quiet during intros is also a nice touch, at least when it was. Coles stupid catch phrases not being thrown out all night was also good. I know this is kind of a throwaway week with everything building to SD and HIAC before the "Draft". The main event was a clusterfuck of whats for me. Not sure why I am supposed to care about Lana/Bobby/Rusev at all, and it is corny and dumb, at least Maria can act and play the role great for her silly story.
I thought Raw was great this week. Liked the Pyro (including in Bliss's entrance). Brock's rampage was brutal. Ziggler's match clicked with me for some reason. Flair and Hogan were used perfectly, and Flair had me convinced his ancient self was going to hit Hogan. Thoroughly enjoyed how they started the buildup for a Team Flair v. Team Hogan match. Still enjoying Bliss's character development. Rollins used well, although I still want the Fiend to win clean at the PPV. And with respect to Rusev / Lana / Lashley - yeah, from the start of the tease in backstage segments, through the twirl, I thought this is stupid, recycled, and boring. But then the kissing started. And yes, yes, yes, I know its a wrestling story line. But it sure as hell did not look like Lana was faking her interest in Bobby. I'm expecting a lot of stiff shots when those two meet, no pun intended.

Manus

I'm pumped for AEW. Had no idea Jim Ross was on the commentating team and apparently Tony Schiavone is on there too? Even better!

NickFire

It's a big day for rasslin, lads. Very big day.
I'm excited. Never really imagined a potential bona-fide competitor to WWE after they bought WCW. I know its early and they haven't proven much yet, but they have a nice mix of talent. Two upper tier WWE guys who chose them instead of being let go because they were past their prime. A bunch of talent who made names for themselves outside WWE. Nice mix, and I wish them well.

DKehoe

Gold Member
So what’s people’s plans for how they will watch? Watching one live and the other recorded later? Only watching one? Flicking back and forth?

NickFire

So what’s people’s plans for how they will watch? Watching one live and the other recorded later? Only watching one? Flicking back and forth?
I've never caught the NXT bug yet. But it doesn't matter if I do. I typically record and watch, starting at random times. I like to cut out the commercials, and end up cutting out a lot of the shows too. No time for replays, filler matches, etc.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Well gonna have to wait here. Will see if I can see highlights etc. Plus it will be 1 am when it’s going live so can’t watch. I wish them the best and hope Marty arrives

Dthomp

I'm pumped for AEW. Had no idea Jim Ross was on the commentating team and apparently Tony Schiavone is on there too? Even better!

To be fair, for the best bang for their buck they should have just gone with Golden Boy and Excalibur. They have carried the commentary so far. JR is good WHEN HE CARES, the problem is he doesn't always care when there isn't an old WWE guy in the match, and those poor Jushi matches.

But I am PSYCHED!!! For AEW later. I've been less and less into WWE matches over the last couple years to the point where I can't sit through a live show anymore because of how bad they are. I'll DVR NXT, but I was more of a fan of older NXT when it actually developed wrestlers to be ruined instead of hired them to be ruined. Bo-Lieve!

Dthomp

I'm so ready for this!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try to be a WWE lite, be different, that's your strength.

GIMME DAT CLEANER!!!!!

Dthomp

No Golden Boy :messenger_loudly_crying:

Edit- Ugh LAX? Really? Blech

Don't open shows with video packages....DON'T BE WWE!!!!

*Edit 2- But you're not HHH huh Cody? Big fucking entrance to TV?

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I can't stand this ref. Everything she does is so "extra" as the kids would say, and thus she's way too noticable. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I prefer my refs to be nearly invisible until needed for a spot.

Dthomp

I can't stand this ref. Everything she does is so "extra" as the kids would say, and thus she's way too noticable. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I prefer my refs to be nearly invisible until needed for a spot.

You're not wrong, I thought that about All Out in a way too. She's trying way to hard to be girl Hebner. At least somebody in this match is trying to be interesting....

Dthomp

Great crowd, Meh Cody match, but soak it up like the crowd isn't hyped for a new show and it's all for you

Y2J Y2J Y2J!!!

Last edited:

Manus

Was a great show! Haven't seen Jack Swagger since he left WWE. He looks way better than what he did on there.

Love everything about tonight's show except for the Kevin Smith bit.

cryptoadam

Banned
I thought NXT was great. Only caught a bit of AEW and it looked good. Nice production and a full house.

Cole vs Riddle was a killer match. Not sure whats next for Riddle. Still think he should team with Lee and win the Dusty Classic.

I don't need to quote myself but Balor in NXT is a natural fit. The "Big" star the brand needed to debut. Just send Asuka next please.

Lots of good matches on the show. Will take some time to get used to all the commercials though.

Ciampa back too Aewsome.

Ciampa and Balor both trying to end the prophecy? What role will Gargano play if any? I take Balor/Ciampa over Swagger any day of the week.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Oh cool, I should have expected spoilers. Spoiler tag that shit, NXT no longer airs live for people outside of the US.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Really happy to see jack Swagger back. I always thougt he was one of the most underutilized talents the WWE had for years. I hope Swagger can this as a chance to redefine his career.

Smart move by the AEW bookers to establish a sort of heel group to counter balance the elite, as they seem to have no plans on distancing Omega and Cody from the bucks.

Overall good show. Would like to see a little more promo/packages in the future, to better introduce people. Also working in a stadium is a such a big difference between Impact/NXT. It really makes them look big time

Last edited:

Dthomp

I thought NXT was great. Only caught a bit of AEW and it looked good. Nice production and a full house.

Cole vs Riddle was a killer match. Not sure whats next for Riddle. Still think he should team with Lee and win the Dusty Classic.

I don't need to quote myself but Balor in NXT is a natural fit. The "Big" star the brand needed to debut. Just send Asuka next please.

Lots of good matches on the show. Will take some time to get used to all the commercials though.

Ciampa back too Aewsome.

Ciampa and Balor both trying to end the prophecy? What role will Gargano play if any? I take Balor/Ciampa over Swagger any day of the week.

To be fair, Swagger should be a big deal. WWE misses on ALOT of talent because Vince doesn't strike a fancy at that moment and buries instead. I still think Balor will be a one off thing for NXT, they don't need a fancy name from Raw or SD, and I am way more excited for Ciampa return then Finn coming back with his tail between his legs after what most would call a failure of a callup (I know his injury sucked and hurt his push), but we all know he got that first run because Roman got busted.

oagboghi2

As unveiled today by NWA President Billy Corgan at the Hard Rock Cafe Atlanta…. this return to its roots for the National Wrestling Alliance with studio wrestling is being made widely available for all great wrestling fans at the same time around the world. You can watch this show with no restrictions, no paywalls. Watch with other NWA fans during the live premiere every Tuesday at 6:05pm Eastern.

Impact vs NWA: Tuesday Night War

I totally missed this. This looked so cheap

Top Bottom