• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

I would at this point just CGI a crowd in and pipe in crowd noise. Wrestling without reactions just doesn't work for me.

Yeah they really should just bite the bullet and put in a fake crowd or something while this is going on.

Watching say, AEW with a generic crowd ambiance youtube video playing in the background really does wonders to fill in the dead space and bs crowds add a lot to the presentation even for wrestling videogames, so why not do a professional crowd track for the show? Sure you'd lose authenticity and unexpected reactions but we're not getting that right now anyway.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Yeah they really should just bite the bullet and put in a fake crowd or something while this is going on.

Watching say, AEW with a generic crowd ambiance youtube video playing in the background really does wonders to fill in the dead space and bs crowds add a lot to the presentation even for wrestling videogames, so why not do a professional crowd track for the show? Sure you'd lose authenticity and unexpected reactions but we're not getting that right now anyway.

I think WWE is missing a good opportunity for fan engagement.

They could have an app or something where fans could chose to cheer or boo and then the piped in sound could refelect the choices. Put up social media polls before matches and ask the fans to chose babyface/heel and then pipe in the crowds.

Even put a disclaimer pointing out the crowd noise is piped in. But it would add so much more.

Pipeing in crowd reactions is a trick as old as time in the wrestling biz.

Bullet Club

Released so far

Wrestlers

Rusev
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle
Drake Maverick
Curt Hawkins
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
Heath Slater
Eric Young
EC3
Aiden English
Lio Rush
Sarah Logan
No Way Jose
Maria
Erick Rowan
Mike Bennett
Eric Young
Primo
Epico

Backstage

Billy Kidman
Mike Chioda
Mike Rotunda
Dave Finlay
Pat Buck
Shawn Daivari
Scott Armstrong
Sarah Stock
Shane Helms
Lance Storm

Kagey K

Banned
Subscribed to the WWE network after Wrestlemania, because my son got interested after AJ vs Undertaker. Started him at WM1 and just watching Saturday Nights Main Event and PPV.

He was sweating at the Hulk/Macho part of Royal Rumble ‘89 and I don’t know what he’s going to do for the Mega Powers Explode. Main Event #2 is up next.

Reminiscent

Imagine calling a new gimmick match a "Corporate Ladder Match" after laying off dozens of employees.

tumblr_n7f6kwXF4K1tu7965o1_400.gif

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
You know at least when the botch Bellas were doing their thing they were just making the business look bad and not endangering people. Nia Jax is going to break some poor girl's neck.

Hinedorf

Banned
I guess they're honoring Triple H based on my cell phone alerts for a show I haven't watched much in weeks. Does anybody ever really respect the guy who reached his peak by fucking the bosses daughter.

He had a great run and for a short while was the biggest draw by sheer lack of big draws but I can never honor this guy, great entertainer but never a legend, just a guy who fucked the bosses daughter.

Karmic Raze

Triple H IS a legend regardless of the fact that he fucked Stephanie McMahon. It’s retarded to write him off because of that. He was going to make it with or without her.

GreatnessRD

Nobody cares. And I mean absolutely nobody.

But since I'm here, I hope they make wrestling great again. Pocket should be nothing more than a jobber. Chad Gable shouldn't be going by Shitty G anymore AND holding the IC championship. And lastly, the Revival should win their trademark suit and win the AEW tag team championships.

#bringbackkayfabe

DKehoe

Gold Member
Nobody cares. And I mean absolutely nobody.

But since I'm here, I hope they make wrestling great again. Pocket should be nothing more than a jobber. Chad Gable shouldn't be going by Shitty G anymore AND holding the IC championship. And lastly, the Revival should win their trademark suit and win the AEW tag team championships.

#bringbackkayfabe

Who is pocket?

DKehoe

Gold Member
Orange Cassidy

Shout to Jim Cornette on the name. And I forgot to add the "s". It should be Pockets, lol

Ah ok. Eh, he's over, makes a difference for ratings and sells a lot of merch. Obviously he's not gonna be world champ but there's a spot for him that's good to have. I get that he's not for everyone but I think there's room for variety without "killing the business" as some like to claim.

GreatnessRD

Ah ok. Eh, he's over, makes a difference for ratings and sells a lot of merch. Obviously he's not gonna be world champ but there's a spot for him that's good to have. I get that he's not for everyone but I think there's room for variety without "killing the business" as some like to claim.
Yeah, we're in strange times. While I'm not a fan, I get it. He's no dick grabber (Joey Ryan) that's for damn sure. Wanted to be one of these weirdo fans and hop the guardrail when I seen him do that dumbass shit at a Wrestlecon years ago. I couldn't believe it, lol. STRANGE TIMES FOR TEH WRASSLINS! STRANGE TIMES!

GreatnessRD

This talk with The Revival (The Revolt) confirms why I liked them. Even they know Bret Hart is THE GOAT! This podcast also confirms that the WWE really don't have a clue anymore and its so sad.

DKehoe

Gold Member

Suzuki vs Barnett from Bloodsport got put up for free. If you haven't seen it before it's a fun shoot style match

Bullet Club

-- Jose Rodriguez, best known under ring names Alberto Del Rio and Alberto El Patron, has been arrested on sexual assault charges.

According to an NBC affiliate in San Antonio, Texas, Rodriguez was arrested on May 9 after the victim reported to the police that Rodriguez had become angry with the victim and assaulted her on May 3, causing multiple injuries to her body. According to an arrest affidavit, the injuries were later photographed.

As she reported the crime to the police, Rodriguez allegedly asked what she was doing and continued to assault her, repeatedly slapping her on the head. The victim said that Rodriguez forced her downstairs, made her wear a dress and dance for him. She told police that he said for her not to cry because if she did, he would take her son and drop him off in the middle of the road somewhere.

The affiliate, which originally didn't identify Rodriguez as a professional wrestler, later changed their story to confirm Rodriguez's identity and removed details pertaining to the charges.

TMZ later confirmed that Rodriguez is still in custody.

Rodriguez, who has largely wrestled in Mexico for the last year, most recently fought against Tito Ortiz on a Combate Americas card back in December. He lost via first round submission.

Dthomp

As if I didn't already hate Seth Rollins enough, he went and took out one of my favorite stars in Becky likely through nefarious means.

This really sucks, she is in the ballpark of easily one of the greatest runs in WWE history, let alone female history and I think we will never see a FT Becky again after this. She seems pretty interested in transitioning to acting so at best we may get a final part time run like Rocky had.

But man, the pop when/if she returns once there are crowds will be beyond epic.

Bullet Club

She should be able to do a full time TV/PPV schedule when she's ready to come back, if she wants to. No house shows or international tours, so only 65 shows a year.

Top Bottom