• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Watched some wrestling for the first time in a while, and I gotta say nothing gave me more joy then Brodie Lee squashing fucking Cody. Cody was 18-1 before that match on the year, that's the type of record on midcard trash that makes your company less believable that they know what they are doing.

Raw was actually kind of entertaining to me. Love Drew, glad they didn't take the belt off him yet. The idea of him dropping it to Randy so they can do Randy/Edge for a belt at Mania is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Glad Drew finally got a win over a legit opponent and moved on from the usual crap feuds that they give faces that haven't proven themselves yet.

rkofan87

Gold Member
loooooooooooooool
F4C34Sn.jpg
i love this so much.

Dthomp

On one hand, I want to re sub to see what happens with Heyman and Roman, but then I see the rest of this lazy card and wonder why I’d give them 10 bucks for this waste of time. Only other match that could be good is Lee and Randy, but I expect nonsense.

i would enjoy Riot Squad and Iconics but it’s pre show for some reason. Hell I have more interest in that then either Big E/Sheamus or Riddle/Corbin. Feel like they’ve done those matches 100 times already.

Dthomp

IDK, I think compared to having nobody there, this concept is a hit compared to empty arenas. I mean they could have left the arena completely empty and piped in chants from 2k, but that would be dumb.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
So instead cardboard like cutouts like the crowd in the games, with 2k audience soundtrack piped in to boot? As long as it works for vince

DKehoe

What a fuck up with the handling of Hardy's concussion. Continuing that match, especially when it then had to lead towards a spot where both guys climbed a scaffold, was ridiculously irresponsible.

Dthomp

What a fuck up with the handling of Hardy's concussion. Continuing that match, especially when it then had to lead towards a spot where both guys climbed a scaffold, was ridiculously irresponsible.

These old school guys need to ditch the whole gotta finish the match no matter what attitude. It’s not like the girl ref was gonna be able to physically prevent him from continuing the fight, she already rang the bell but he just kept going. Bad situation all around, but these two aren’t important enough in the grand scheme of things to be doing a dumb spot like that to begin with

NickFire

1) Sammy G should not be losing to Matt Hardy whether he's concussed or not. Matt is entertaining, but come on.

2) Roman Reigns turn has me more interested in RR since the Shield days. I'm inclined to re subscribe now in all honesty.

cryptoadam

Banned
Rusev looks funny with his blonde hair.

Underwhelming debut, and got total TNA vibes from that. All that was missing was Mike Tenay shouting whats Miro doing in the Impact Zone.

Well time to lose to Mox and then feud with Brodie Lee for the midcard title. Am I watching 2016 WWE or AEW?

Last edited:

Dthomp

Love Miro going to AEW, not sure I like the way they brought him in...and that hair, it screams Twitch thot trying to get some viewers. AEW is in a weird spot in the main event scene. Kenny is finally broke off that dumb tag team and seems to be turning heel and he SHOULD be the one to take the belt off Moxley, but at this rate he'll be feuding with Page for the next 8 months.

Moxley and hell Cody before him as TNA champ, just having boring matches with other Ex-WWE guys is lame. AEW was built around the indy and Japan guys and now we have Cody getting all his old lower mid card buddies jobs. Miro looks like a low midcard guy just from being around Kip, when in all likelyhood he should have debutted at All Out and laying out Moxley, and then MJF to close out the show to leave us wondering his intentions.

Now we have a bunch of old WWE big dudes who will all just be fed to Moxley (Who I find beyond boring too). The push Brodie has gotten and the DO story should have been with the world title beating Moxley, not some generic midcard belt. The whole win the rumble get a title shot needs to go to, nobody ever wins the match either cause they love to use that for the debuts. I love Archer, but he isn't beating Moxley. This main event could be good, but the whole records thing has turned it into the champ being unbeatable for a year (Like Y2J) and then they just start losing.

I love the talent there, and I assume we are in a holding pattern still, but I could book this company better with a napkin and a few hours then they have done with the main event scene. Hell even for their 2 hour show each week, I see WAY to much Joey Janella and other enhancement talents getting in WAY to much offense.

GreatnessRD

Bayley know she got a phat ass because her back doesn't touch the canvas when laying down. Naomi as well. And I'm willing to square up with both their husbands to have one night with both of them, lmao

Dthomp

NXT Tessa had some cute face going on. Tessa has the potential to be very attractive. Bayley has the potential to always need a paper bag to look doable.

GreatnessRD

Man yall smoking dope choosing Tessa. Bayley and that phat ass probably softer than charmin tissue. You could always put one of those walmart smiley face bags over her head if it's that deep.

Oh, and the old adage, "face down ass up, that's the way we like to fuuuuuckkkkkkkk"

Yall doing it wrong, gentlemen!

Dthomp

You spelled fat wrong there dude. Fat and ugly, some of us enjoy seeing a good looking partner when banging.

Wish there was some wrasslin going on today

brap

Banned
Man yall smoking dope choosing Tessa. Bayley and that phat ass probably softer than charmin tissue. You could always put one of those walmart smiley face bags over her head if it's that deep.

Oh, and the old adage, "face down ass up, that's the way we like to fuuuuuckkkkkkkk"

Yall doing it wrong, gentlemen!
True

rdQhM6l.jpg

cryptoadam

Banned
Love Miro going to AEW, not sure I like the way they brought him in...and that hair, it screams Twitch thot trying to get some viewers. AEW is in a weird spot in the main event scene. Kenny is finally broke off that dumb tag team and seems to be turning heel and he SHOULD be the one to take the belt off Moxley, but at this rate he'll be feuding with Page for the next 8 months.

Moxley and hell Cody before him as TNA champ, just having boring matches with other Ex-WWE guys is lame. AEW was built around the indy and Japan guys and now we have Cody getting all his old lower mid card buddies jobs. Miro looks like a low midcard guy just from being around Kip, when in all likelyhood he should have debutted at All Out and laying out Moxley, and then MJF to close out the show to leave us wondering his intentions.

Now we have a bunch of old WWE big dudes who will all just be fed to Moxley (Who I find beyond boring too). The push Brodie has gotten and the DO story should have been with the world title beating Moxley, not some generic midcard belt. The whole win the rumble get a title shot needs to go to, nobody ever wins the match either cause they love to use that for the debuts. I love Archer, but he isn't beating Moxley. This main event could be good, but the whole records thing has turned it into the champ being unbeatable for a year (Like Y2J) and then they just start losing.

I love the talent there, and I assume we are in a holding pattern still, but I could book this company better with a napkin and a few hours then they have done with the main event scene. Hell even for their 2 hour show each week, I see WAY to much Joey Janella and other enhancement talents getting in WAY to much offense.

AEW is starting to get a bit of a TNA vibe with it. The Miro debut was very TNA ish, especially with the double sided entrance and shitty dye job it really looked like something from the Impact Zone circa 2012.

Mox just does nothing for me. I didn't mind him as Ambrose but was losing interest, and in AEW he has been just as boring to me. Not interested in his Cena like push. I expect Miro to feud and lose with Mox and then to drop down the card like Cage and Lee. Well at least Brodie got a title, even though he is still doing his lame VKM gimmick.

I guess we next we get Archer vs Mox, not really a main event thats setting the world on fire. Thats like an opening match. As if Archer even has a chance its a formality at this point.

So Mox, Lee, FTR. Outside of the Womans title every champ is a former WWE guy. Maybe they are just trying to establish themselves now and feel the need to have "names", but what made AEW AEW was that it wasn't WWE. At least Jerhico is putting over talent, but I am not the biggest Oragne fan and feel his gimmick is great for the mid card but thats pretty much it. Not sure why Hardy beat Sammy but OK I guess.

NickFire

AEW is starting to get a bit of a TNA vibe with it. The Miro debut was very TNA ish, especially with the double sided entrance and shitty dye job it really looked like something from the Impact Zone circa 2012.

Mox just does nothing for me. I didn't mind him as Ambrose but was losing interest, and in AEW he has been just as boring to me. Not interested in his Cena like push. I expect Miro to feud and lose with Mox and then to drop down the card like Cage and Lee. Well at least Brodie got a title, even though he is still doing his lame VKM gimmick.

I guess we next we get Archer vs Mox, not really a main event thats setting the world on fire. Thats like an opening match. As if Archer even has a chance its a formality at this point.

So Mox, Lee, FTR. Outside of the Womans title every champ is a former WWE guy. Maybe they are just trying to establish themselves now and feel the need to have "names", but what made AEW AEW was that it wasn't WWE. At least Jerhico is putting over talent, but I am not the biggest Oragne fan and feel his gimmick is great for the mid card but thats pretty much it. Not sure why Hardy beat Sammy but OK I guess.
Hardy beating Sammy was not OK in my book. I know, I know, its a marathon and not a sprint. But Hardy is comic relief to me. A past his prime former tag team great / mid card singles wrestler at best. I don't know if this is straight up punishment for the Sasha quip, or genuine "let's bury someone with tremendous potential to hopefully draw more past their prime guys to jump aboard."

I'm with you 100% on Mox. I'm not anti-Mox, but he does nothing for me as the face of the franchise in his current form. They should have done the inverse IMO. Keep cheating him out of the title / title shots in discreet or weird ways to let him build up momentum while helping get guys over. You can't replicate Stone Cold inorganically IMO.

oagboghi2

Hardy beating Sammy was not OK in my book. I know, I know, its a marathon and not a sprint. But Hardy is comic relief to me. A past his prime former tag team great / mid card singles wrestler at best. I don't know if this is straight up punishment for the Sasha quip, or genuine "let's bury someone with tremendous potential to hopefully draw more past their prime guys to jump aboard."

I'm with you 100% on Mox. I'm not anti-Mox, but he does nothing for me as the face of the franchise in his current form. They should have done the inverse IMO. Keep cheating him out of the title / title shots in discreet or weird ways to let him build up momentum while helping get guys over. You can't replicate Stone Cold inorganically IMO.
the title is on Mox because the rating have improved with him as champ. It as simple as that.

cryptoadam

Banned
the title is on Mox because the rating have improved with him as champ. It as simple as that.

Proof?

ratings have been pretty up and down, I remember a few weeks ago they had their worst ratings ever. last 2 weeks they have been up but thats because NXT was on Tuesday. And Mox is barely on the show. Either some pre recorded segment or 1 interview. And the breakdowns have shown Jerhico has been drawing not Mox.

Mox is the champ because he is the biggest WWE name they could get. I don't blame em if they want to go with their biggest name and biggest FA signing. Personally he does nothing for me but he has his fans.

GreatnessRD

They need to stop bullshittin' and put the AEW strap on their REAL biggest draw, Cody Rhodes. Make Rusev the Bulgarian Brut again and then give him the TV title (TNT). All is right with the world since FTR are the tag champs. Now get these indy mutts off my screen. Like Orange Trashitty to start. Then I might tune in.

And go get Nick Aldis. The Real World's Heavyweight Champion.

I miss NWA Power. Shit ain't be right since the SJW jobbed out Cornette. The world completely crashed after that.

Dthomp

Imagine living in a world where people think Cody Rhodes should be a main World champion. He’s midcard trash, keep him where he belongs

GreatnessRD

Now I see why wrestling has lost its soul. You're an Orange Trashitty fan, arent you? I can sense it, lol

Smoking dope if you don't think Rhodes is top 3 in that company and can carry the championship. Crazy talk.

Dthomp

Believe it or not, one can dislike OC and still think Cody is a waste of a roster spot. Cody is the AEW Jeff Jarrett, booked to look stronger then he is capable of. He is the king of the 3 star match, and still after being gone for 3 years from the WWE can still only wrestle average matches with former WWE guys who work the same boring style, except now he gets to bleed every match to try to make people care about him. Least talented Rhodes pushed like he was the best. I'd take a main event run from Dustin before seeing a PPV headlined by Cody

brap

Banned
Believe it or not, one can dislike OC and still think Cody is a waste of a roster spot. Cody is the AEW Jeff Jarrett, booked to look stronger then he is capable of. He is the king of the 3 star match, and still after being gone for 3 years from the WWE can still only wrestle average matches with former WWE guys who work the same boring style, except now he gets to bleed every match to try to make people care about him. Least talented Rhodes pushed like he was the best. I'd take a main event run from Dustin before seeing a PPV headlined by Cody
If Cody wasn't related to Dusty and Goldust he'd be a nobody.

GreatnessRD

I'm not saying you can't. Smart man if you do that Cassidy is a waste as well. So you believe Cody is enhancement talent. I don't think Cody is a world beater, but I definitely believe he's one of the top 3 in that company hands down. AEW has too many people who are a wasted roster spot before Cody even comes to mind, in my opinion. But, fair enough

I'm not saying you can't. Smart man if you do that Cassidy is a waste as well. So you believe Cody is enhancement talent. I don't think Cody is a world beater, but I definitely believe he's one of the top 3 in that company hands down. AEW has too many people who are a wasted roster spot before Cody even comes to mind, in my opinion. But, fair enough
I'm not going to argue whether he's a midcarder or main eventer because I feel like he could be either really but top 3?

Moxley, Omega, Jericho, Paige, Archer. He's not even top 5. He's probably top 10 though because who's left? MJF, Brodie Lee, Scorpio Sky, Eddie Kingston.

NickFire

I'm not going to argue whether he's a midcarder or main eventer because I feel like he could be either really but top 3?

Moxley, Omega, Jericho, Paige, Archer. He's not even top 5. He's probably top 10 though because who's left? MJF, Brodie Lee, Scorpio Sky, Eddie Kingston.
I vote that MJF is #1 by far regardless of how AEW views him. If he held the belt, his promo skills / heelish nature could lead to some glorious feuds while elevating new faces.

GreatnessRD

In my opinion for that company he's top 3. MJF, Jericho and Cody. Then any order of Omega and Moxley to round out the top 5. After that, its a free for all.

Top Bottom