• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Ememee

Haha i might. I was at an arcade 2 months or so ago and this guy there had on a BC shirt. I threw up the 2 sweet and complimented him. He seemed kinda surprised and not sure how to react.

That place, surprisingly, has a video wall at one spot that everytime I've gone in there, it's playing old PPVs the whole time. That night it was Wrestlemania 9. I kept looking up at it when i was playing Punch Out.

The last merchandise i bought was a Happy Rusev Day shirt (posted because why not). I have started an exchange with a friend from kik where we send each other boxes or random memorabilia, and he often has shirts in there. WAY too big for me. I'm also more of a tank top girl so i wanna take them to a tailor and get them converted. My favourites in there are the andre the giant as a bear and okada ones. Good stuff

Edit: i don't think the p
EPZeuX2.jpg

EPZeuX2.jpg

ic uploaded?

That is awesome. Iā€™m always kind of surprised too cause ya donā€™t see wrestling fans too often or at least I donā€™t in SoCal, haha. Thatā€™s hella cool about the arcade, thereā€™s like one bar/restaurant joint I know of that use to play PPVs. And the Rusev shirt is dope! Definitely a classic from WWEs catalogue. Hereā€™s pics of the jacket and my fav BC shirt, the Cody ā€œAmerican Nightmareā€ one.

Unfortunately one of my pups is a NJPW fan

Best match y'all ever seen live? (In person)

I think might be Bucks Vs Lucha Bros All Out.

Scrull VS Okada All In was also very good.

Champs Vs Gorgano 2 at NXT Takeover up there as well.

Clearly I can't follow my own rules and pick one.

Those are some incredible matches, lucky you man. There were a handful of matches in Lucha Underground Iā€™d include: Sami Callahan Vs Mil Muertes, Prince Puma Vs Chavo(I think?). Itā€™s probably got to go to Cody Vs Dustin at Double or Nothing. I felt absolutely emotionally spent.

Last edited:

Sadly i don't have much to draw on. Wrestling rarely came to my neck of the woods. I moved someplace last year where they used to come regularly, but then covid hit and now they plan to cut back on touring.

Either gotta be HHH vs Daniel Bryan at Mania 30 (severely underrated technical modern classic imo) or Wyatts vs Shield at Elimination Chamber 2014

Retromania needs to hurry it's ass up. It was supposed to be out early 2020 šŸ˜”
Seriously! I hope their planned DLC is awesome too. So many options for people to add. It'd be cool if their create mode was at least robust enough to recreate the Wrestlefest roster. And then make Typhoon and have the Natural Disasters back. Or create Macho Man.

Last edited:
That is awesome. Iā€™m always kind of surprised too cause ya donā€™t see wrestling fans too often or at least I donā€™t in SoCal, haha. Thatā€™s hella cool about the arcade, thereā€™s like one bar/restaurant joint I know of that use to play PPVs. And the Rusev shirt is dope!

Thanks! Funny thing is that i didn't even order it from WWE.com, they didn't have any in stock. I found it on a third party site and it was the last one. Dunno what I'm gonna do when it's no longer wearable.

I'm surprised at the amount of arcades here. I do know 1 or 2 closed since covid,and the best one has scaled back their games until its safe to pack more in there again. I haven't found one here with Wrestlefest or Arctic Thunder though, sadly. But at least last time I got to play Dance Dance Revolution on their roof. That was a new experience.

I'm surprised at how often I'm seeing more wrestling clothing being worn in public. Usually BC stuff but starting to see AEW. I felt nerdy going to the grocery at like 2 AM this summer. I had on BC PJ pants, Rusev Day shirt, and a Wrestlemania 30 hoodie. I looked like such a megafan haha

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Sadly i don't have much to draw on. Wrestling rarely came to my neck of the woods. I moved someplace last year where they used to come regularly, but then covid hit and now they plan to cut back on touring.

Either gotta be HHH vs Daniel Bryan at Mania 30 (severely underrated technical modern classic imo) or Wyatts vs Shield at Elimination Chamber 2014

I always wanted to see an elminatiom chamber live but I feel like the view would be rough in person.

I've seen my fair share of cage matches and I went to a few Lockdowns when TNA was good back in the day.

DKehoe

Probably Okada vs Suzuki from New Japan's Royal Quest show in London last year.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
That is awesome. Iā€™m always kind of surprised too cause ya donā€™t see wrestling fans too often or at least I donā€™t in SoCal, haha. Thatā€™s hella cool about the arcade, thereā€™s like one bar/restaurant joint I know of that use to play PPVs. And the Rusev shirt is dope! Definitely a classic from WWEs catalogue. Hereā€™s pics of the jacket and my fav BC shirt, the Cody ā€œAmerican Nightmareā€ one.

107-BF230-81-F3-45-B0-8953-06537515-A274.jpg

CAE5293-D-1527-4163-A498-02610-AC26746.jpg

Unfortunately one of my pups is a NJPW fan:

11-FBE57-C-FCA1-483-F-B1-E6-A83652-D5536-F.jpg

Those are some incredible matches, lucky you man. There were a handful of matches in Lucha Underground Iā€™d include: Sami Callahan Vs Mil Muertes, Prince Puma Vs Chavo(I think?). Itā€™s probably got to go to Cody Vs Dustin at Double or Nothing. I felt absolutely emotionally spent.

Cody Vs Dustin was good. Actually had pretty good seats for Double or Nothing too. That and the Bucks tag match were easily best of the night.

I always wanted to see an elminatiom chamber live but I feel like the view would be rough in person.

I've seen my fair share of cage matches and I went to a few Lockdowns when TNA was good back in the day.
Elimination Chamber wasn't too hard to see in person. But i had good seats. Loved it because my boy Christian was in the chamber ^_^

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

I really wish I would have gotten out to more events back in the day. I went to a few Nitros back in the day. A couple of house shows. I've been to one Raw. Never a ppv event though. Nothing sticks outs from any of these shows, unfortunately. I guess the Charlotte vs Asuka match I saw was alright.

Barrage

Hogan-Rock at WM18.

Ememee

As a peripheral NJPW fan, WK doesnā€™t feel as hype to me as it did the last few years but Iā€™m guessing the cards are going be stacked as usual.

DKehoe

As a peripheral NJPW fan, WK doesnā€™t feel as hype to me as it did the last few years but Iā€™m guessing the cards are going be stacked as usual.

Still plenty of time to build it up so we'll see. The roster is still going to be pretty limited for travel reasons, so that will make things tricky. Gedo also works pretty long term with his booking so that's obviously been screwed up and it feels like he's taking shortcuts to get things back on track.

Dthomp

Anyone watch Dynamite this week? (Bullet Club obviously did (hello!)) What did you think of the Jericho/MJF segment?

I thought it was fine, it was funny and entertaining. If that's the way I get them on while they set up bigger things I'm cool with it. It fits the characters they play in a way and it was FUN. Slow burn lead into MJF kicking Jericho out of his own group. I'd take this over any Dexter Lumis or most NXT matches I've watched lately.

Slow burn lead into MJF kicking Jericho out of his own group.

I can't believe i never thought of that. You think that's the way it's going? Interesting. I like it. I've always loved Jericho and i know age yadda yadda but i can never get over how terrible he looks now when he's in the ring. :( still a great promo guy though

I'd take this over any Dexter Lumis or most NXT matches I've watched lately.
I used to love NXT. Stopped watching though because life and stuff. I still read up, but, have no idea who this Dexter Lumis guy is. I think his name sucks though šŸ˜…

Last edited:

Dthomp

I can't believe i never thought of that. You think that's the way it's going? Interesting. I like it. I've always loved Jericho and i know age yadda yadda but i can never get over how terrible he looks now when he's in the ring. :( still a great promo guy though

I used to love NXT. Stopped watching though because life and stuff. I still read up, but, have no idea who this Dexter Lumis guy is. I think his name sucks though šŸ˜…

MJF taking over and reshaping it I think is the plan, Jericho already has people singing his song and cheering him, I think him and Sami end up going face and IC shifts to MJF/Wardlow/Pride and Powerful?/Hager, or MJF just breaks them up and they all go their seperate ways, but AEW loves groups.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lameā„¢

He's got this creepy serial killer vibe that he had going in TNA as well, so his name is inspired by Dexter from Dexter (lol) and either Dr Loomis from Halloween or Billy Loomis from Scream. I kind of like it.

Dthomp

Vince needs to fuck off already. Orton champ again? Why? He's the same boring dude for the last decade. All so we can have old man Orton vs Old brittle Edge at Mania? I can't think of something I want to see less then that. Hopefully Drew stays up at the top of the card, cause he's the best thing they've done in years and years and I fear he slides back to the midcard like everybody else does.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I can't be the only one who thinks Cena got shit loads of hair implants right? The dude was practically bald for years and now he's got the JBL haircut.

Orton champ again? Why? He's the same boring dude for the last decade.
To be fair, I've always found Orton boring in every way. Ever since his debut. I don't get the hype.

But then again, people praise Adam Cole to the moon and back and i...i just don't get it. I think he's very above average.

Just_one

the only thing that makes me care about wwe is Wyatt/Alexa duo on Raw and Reigns on Smackdown

Wyatt/Alexa are just perfect and as usual im just waiting for wwe booking to screw them.

reigns on smackdown with the all tribal chief gimmick has been great although im curious to see now with the feud with uso closed how his next fued will be

Dthomp

To be fair, I've always found Orton boring in every way. Ever since his debut. I don't get the hype.

But then again, people praise Adam Cole to the moon and back and i...i just don't get it. I think he's very above average.

True, Orton hasn't really "evolved" since his debut, same boring in ring moveset, same monotone promos, just meh.

I like Adam Cole, but I don't think they've done him many favors in NXT. They gave him a stable since he's a smaller guy, and instead of turning him full face when there were crowds cheering him they tried to keep the "cool in wwe world" aura about him. I think he needs a change of pace, hoping he leaves for AEW/ROH/NJPW cause he's the newest in a list of guys who overstayed their NXT welcome and are just existing there.

the only thing that makes me care about wwe is Wyatt/Alexa duo on Raw and Reigns on Smackdown

Wyatt/Alexa are just perfect and as usual im just waiting for wwe booking to screw them.

reigns on smackdown with the all tribal chief gimmick has been great although im curious to see now with the feud with uso closed how his next fued will be

I'm torn on Wyatt/Bliss since Bliss is one of my favorite female acts and making her female Wyatt/Fiend just feels like a waste of a talented performer. Somebody who is more limited like Liv would have been better but I can let this play out. My issue is with the Fiend character, he needs to be somebody who can lose, otherwise he's just a dressed up fat Bray who for some reason can't lose. Make him strong, make him a monster, but he needs to be able to be toppled or fought in a way to how Daniel Bryan took it to him in their feud. I don't like the semi-face turn here, cause I think him as a beast would be a great character to crush Orton or Miz and lead to eventual feud with Drew, but this is WWE so they'll fuck it up...

I like Romans change, but as always I'm worried WWE will fuck this up by trying to turn him back the other way too soon. I was ok with the idea of a new faction with his cousins, but if this is just "hey they lost, so now they have to obey" that doesn't really lead to anywhere but their eventual betrayal of Roman. This character/arc could have really really long good legs akin to the Two Man Power Trip days with him and Usos and even one more for the midcard title. This may keep playing out a bit cause looking at the SD roster, there really isn't a logical next opponent yet for him so they'll focus on him killing Orton at SS. I think it's too soon for Big E to get a shot but that is coming, and the only other real options on SD seem to be Bryan and KO (which may be teaming up?) Maybe could move to Rey if his feud with Seth ever ends. SD looks like it could use a babyface callup or two from NXT to be honest.

Make him strong, make him a monster, but he needs to be able to be toppled or fought in a way to how Daniel Bryan took it to him in their feud.

Personally, i loved the version of Bray we originally got on the main roster. They should have had him beat Cena at Wrestlemania 30 (i think i was the only person cheering for him in my section) and eventually be the 'new Undertaker'.

Maybe all he needed to do was say, "Lives are gonna be...in Bray Wyatts hands. Hehehe. You know what i mean?"

Bullet Club

For those that can't be bothered watching the clips, Paige is upset that WWE are forcing workers to shut down their Twitch. She talks about wanting to start a union.

Last edited:

The 'reaching out/touch' part makes me think of Steve Austins WWF debut promo. Skip a minute and 30 seconds in if you wanna get right up to it

(Also, love Miro forever. He's my fav these days)

For those that can't be bothered watching the clips, Paige is upset that WWE are forcing workers to shut down their Twitch. She talks about wanting to start a union.

I feel bad for her. She's had a rough go (whether by her own hand or others), and now something she obviously enjoys doing is being threatened. First wrestling, now this. Really WWE in general pulls a lot of shit they need to be held accountable for. I fully stopped watching finally. Shame as i enjoy a lot of the talent there, but I'm also fed up with their non sensical bullshit

Last edited:

Bullet Club

RwObUj2.jpg

XqURJ2q.png

The following logos and faces are legible in the behind the scenes video. This list has been updated to reflect names that readers have noticed.

- AEW
- IMPACT Wrestling
- New Japan Pro-Wrestling
- Enzo Amore
- Tony Khan
- Cody Rhodes
- Brandi Rhodes
- Marty Scurll
- The Young Bucks
- Chris Benoit
- CM Punk
- Jim Cornette